Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

We Have a New Sieve

Posted by ctenah 
We Have a New Sieve
Posted by: ctenah (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 18, 2005 09:52PM

So what has holes and sucks? Section B. I am INCREDIBLY, INCREDIBLY dissapointed with not only the turnout at the game, but the lack of enthusiasm. Let's Go Red! cheers lasted no more than 4 or 5 consecutive chants during the second and third periods, rows 3 and 4 were half empty, and practically ALL of row 4 left halfway through the third. We're not wearing red clothing, we're not even wearing a fucking Cornell shirt. We certainly seem to care less and less as the games go by, especially in a section as crucial as B. The droning "Kill" cheer during penalty killing times didn't even click in until I had to forcibly yell at the stone-lipped facetimers. Somehow I needed to explain that kill referred to penalty killing, and we can't be silent at our must vulnerable times. Even then I only got about 10 cheering at one given point. Argh!

And we need another "staple" cheer like Let's Go Red. Even Union Sucks would have worked. Anything.

Re: We Have a New Sieve
Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.89.---)
Date: November 18, 2005 09:57PM

I'm in Section B and I agree. Seems like there were totally different people there tonight than MSU when they were unbelievable.

Posted by: RazzBaronZ (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2005 10:07PM

Also in section B. The chants coming from sections E and F were much louder and longer. It was weak.

Also, the Kill chant didn't work because everyone speeds it up too fast. "Kill, Red, Kill" with clapping would wourk much better I think.

-Alex Barash '07

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2005 10:08PM

agreed... good idea, but pacing doesn't allow it to go for too long

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 18, 2005 10:11PM

Every game should have the fan intensity that was displayed in the MSU games. This is sad. And I'm stuck in section M. (Though I am happy to at least be in the rink.)

To be fair, I'm well aware that we say stuff like this every year.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 18, 2005 10:19PM

The worst was when everyone in my section (E) left by the buzzer...there where a flood of people who didn't stay for the stick salute.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 18, 2005 10:24PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

The worst was when everyone in my section (E) left by the buzzer...there where a flood of people who didn't stay for the stick salute.[/q]

Obviously to get to their cars quickly rolleyes

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2005 11:27PM

well yeah.. have you ever driven to a game? the traffic is horrible. I leave midway through the second just to make sure i beat it rolleyes

Date: November 18, 2005 11:35PM

[Q]nr53 Wrote:

well yeah.. have you ever driven to a game? the traffic is horrible. I leave midway through the second just to make sure i beat it [/q]

The traffic gives me the opportunity to easily listen to the postgame report on the radio.

And then I get angry for the next 20 minutes being stuck in gridlock trying to get home.

Posted by: Leftot73 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 02:48AM

I whole-heartedly agree with the need for another staple cheer. We really don't have any other simple, positive cheers to throw out there when our guys are down. It was mentioned in this thread the duration and volume of cheers from E and F; as a resident this year of F it was deplorable to me that after we fell behind, lots of people just stopped being active participants in cheering. The first couple minutes of the second period everyone was in it when the team came out with lots of energy, but it just petered off, reaching a point in the third period when I just snapped and started yelling at people to yell something; that dead quiet is tantamount to giving up as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if we're down 2 to 1 or twenty to one (Lord forbid); you go to Lynah and yell for all you're worth til the final buzzer, and then you stay there and salute our team for their work, win or lose. So, a further amen to the sad state with people leaving early, and an extra gripe with people speeding up cheers and not knowing words (it's "sieve, you suck" not "hey, you suck," goon not lose, etc.).

Posted by: Andy'07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 02:52AM

I've been saying this to my friends for a while now. Would the following kill us?

here we go corn-ell, here we go *clap clap*

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: November 19, 2005 03:03AM

[Q]Andy'07 Wrote:

I've been saying this to my friends for a while now. Would the following kill us?

here we go corn-ell, here we go *clap clap*

[/q]

Yes. Yes it would.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 03:15AM

Down in Section F, the fans were really into it for the last 5 minutes, solely due to the efforts of one loud fan who shouted at the rest of us until we cheered. Good job on his part.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 03:57AM

Has anyone ever been to a Penn State football game? About half of their stadium is the students section and the other half is for general public or "townies." Penn State has several cheers that go back and forth between the students and townies. When I was there, I was really impressed at how enthusiastic, supportive, and loud their townies were. They cheered, clapped, and sang just as loudly as the students did. These were mostly older people, very much like section L, M, N of Lynah, except they were really active and really into the game. It just took my breath away to see ALL sections of the 100000+ fans in stadium so intense and together.. And now, it finally became clear to me that no matter how witty or creative our Lynah cheers are, the package is never complete as long as only half of our rink is doing the cheering and clapping while the other half is sitting and watching the game quietly (enjoying the atmosphere without contributing to it).

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I would encourage you to look around the rink tomorrow night when we do our most basic cheer "let's go red." You will clearly see that one side of the rink is much louder and more active than the other and I can bet my life right now that the louder side is the students side.

My point is:

I agree that section A and B definitely gave up on cheering tonight.. But please don't forget that there were many other sections in Lynah that weren't nearly as active as A and B.

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 19, 2005 07:42AM

I'm sorry, but sections D/E/F are no better. There was one fan who was really pissing me off: BOOING our team and cursing at McKee. After he told McKee that "his mother could stop that shot" I lost my patience with this freshman and went off on him.

I quickly identified him as being from philly (no offense to anyone here) and reminded him that while at Cornell, we show CLASS, and you DO NOT BOO THE BIG RED! He didn't take kindly to this and tried to argue it was okay to boo after we did not convert a power play. Eventually, I put him in his place and got him to shut up for the rest of the game, however the other ignorant fans around me made ME the butt of the "This guy sucks" cheer. These freshman make me SICK.

There is hardly any intensity coming from E and it is clear that the majority of them are just there as an excuse for something to do before going drinking. At least you guys in A/B have the intense fans...

Date: November 19, 2005 10:07AM

[Q]Doug '08 Wrote:

I'm sorry, but sections D/E/F are no better. There was one fan who was really pissing me off: BOOING our team and cursing at McKee. After he told McKee that "his mother could stop that shot" I lost my patience with this freshman and went off on him.

I quickly identified him as being from philly (no offense to anyone here) and reminded him that while at Cornell, we show CLASS, and you DO NOT BOO THE BIG RED! He didn't take kindly to this and tried to argue it was okay to boo after we did not convert a power play. Eventually, I put him in his place and got him to shut up for the rest of the game, however the other ignorant fans around me made ME the butt of the "This guy sucks" cheer. These freshman make me SICK.

There is hardly any intensity coming from E and it is clear that the majority of them are just there as an excuse for something to do before going drinking. At least you guys in A/B have the intense fans...[/q]

The good thing about your story is that at least you deflected the booing and criticism off of McKee briefly and onto you, so it was like you were taking one for the team. Nevertheless, you're absolutely right that our fans shouldn't be loudly booing our own players.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-195-241.myvzw.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 10:11AM

I cannot speak for the other, more "mature" folks, who sit in L, M, & N. But, I can say for myself that, as I age, my vocal chords do not tolerate the abuse of yelling loudly at hockey games. My ability to speak during the workday is a necesssity. So, disabling my voice by yelling at hockey games would be irresponsible. In my younger years, I supported CU Hockey, very vocally from Lynah Rink to The Gahden. Now, I have to show that support in other ways. That makes me (& the other quiet "mature" folks) no less of a Cornell Hockey fan! I'm not a doctor, so I can't explain my aging vocal chords. But, I can say this: your time will come....please be respectful of those who precede you in this game of life. That said, maybe some creative cheers that involve hand-clapping would get the townies more involved. And, I'd like to add, for those who have trouble standing, the "townies up" bit in the third period is a real pain in the ass. People who are standing prevent those who can't (stand) from seeing the final exciting minutes of hockey. If it was wrong in Sections G & H last year, it's wrong in L, M, & N (or wherever) this year. Remember, your time will come,
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2005 10:52AM by redice.

Date: November 19, 2005 03:21PM

[Q]Dafatone Wrote:

Down in Section F, the fans were really into it for the last 5 minutes, solely due to the efforts of one loud fan who shouted at the rest of us until we cheered. Good job on his part.[/q]

Until someone comes up with another cheer, the best cheer I've heard when we're down is just a crescendo of noise. It makes me really psyched, so I'm sure it works well for the team.

So are we doing "Kill, Red, Kill" tonight? Maybe if it gets too fast and people stop doing it, we can switch between that and "Let's Go Red" for the length of the penalty (though I can see people stopping because 2+ minutes straight of cheering is too much for them).

Another idea I have considered is a song or something that we keep going the length of a penalty. We seem to be good at doing "Sieve, You Suck!" inbetween singing. "Kill, Red, Kill" can be the chorus of some other song, though that'd entail working with the band and getting a whole new song in. Still, I think it'd be more successful than any chant.

-Alex Barash '07

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.MIT.EDU)
Date: November 19, 2005 03:34PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

The good thing about your story is that at least you deflected the booing and criticism off of McKee briefly and onto you, so it was like you were taking one for the team. Nevertheless, you're absolutely right that our fans shouldn't be loudly booing our own players.[/q]

Our fans should not be booing our own players at all. This is even worse than leaving early and perhaps even than throwing inappropriate things on the ice.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: sen '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 19, 2005 03:58PM

I had to leave right at the beginning of the game because my friend got hit by a puck, but I think I remember hearing people in B booing McKee when he came on.

I would have been furious and started yelling had my friend not started gushing blood...

Date: November 19, 2005 04:02PM

[Q]RazzBaronZ Wrote:
Also, the Kill chant didn't work because everyone speeds it up too fast. "Kill, Red, Kill" with clapping would wourk much better I think.[/q]

I could see this easily going bad. When people hear the three claps in a row they automatically start doing the LGR cheer, so I could see them mistaking "Kill, Red, Kill" with claps as a muffled "Let's Go Red"...unless of course we can get it to be really clear.

Date: November 19, 2005 04:11PM

The girl was standing next to me, and she was hit hard. :-/ Fucking Union guy. Does anyone know if she's alright? She had quite a gash.

I didn't hear anyone booing McKee whatsoever. How do you specifically boo a player anyway without yelling their name first? I think (and certainly hope) the boos were directed at Union. Anyone who boos McKee, or any Cornell player for that matter, deserves to have their fingers cut off at the knuckles.

Date: November 19, 2005 04:17PM

The boos came after Union waas already all on the ice...it seemed to me like they might have been directed at McKe...but I could be wrong.

"The girl" is okay. She had three stitches, no concusion and was able to see Harry Potter at 10:30:-P

Date: November 19, 2005 04:17PM

Why the knuckles? How about the armpits?

Posted by: montague (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 19, 2005 04:19PM

Agreed. Save the outspoken criticism for after the game - it doesn't belong in Lynah. The cheers are needed most when our team is down.

Date: November 19, 2005 04:20PM

[Q]RazzBaronZ Wrote:

Another idea I have considered is a song or something that we keep going the length of a penalty.[/q]

This works pretty well at European soccer and hockey games. But how do we choose a song without it being deemed silly?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 04:24PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

RazzBaronZ Wrote:

Another idea I have considered is a song or something that we keep going the length of a penalty.[/Q]
This works pretty well at European soccer and hockey games. But how do we choose a song without it being deemed silly?[/q]The band doesn't usually take issue with being called silly. Fire away.

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: November 19, 2005 04:36PM

[Q]RazzBaronZ Wrote:

Another idea I have considered is a song or something that we keep going the length of a penalty. We seem to be good at doing "Sieve, You Suck!" inbetween singing. "Kill, Red, Kill" can be the chorus of some other song, though that'd entail working with the band and getting a whole new song in. Still, I think it'd be more successful than any chant.
[/q]

You'd have to do this without the band, because I believe it is against NCAA rules (in any sport) to play music (or use any noisemaker) while play is going on.

Date: November 19, 2005 04:37PM

It could be done like Gary Glitter, no?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 04:38PM

[Q]cornelldavy Wrote:

RazzBaronZ Wrote:

[/Q]
You'd have to do this without the band, because I believe it is against NCAA rules (in any sport) to play music (or use any noisemaker) while play is going on.[/q]Correct. There could be stoppages during PKs though, if you wanted to do it that way.

Posted by: The Other Guys in Section E (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 04:40PM

Doug '08-
We can't wait to chant "this guy sucks" once again tonight.
<3
Your Junior friends in Section E

Date: November 19, 2005 04:43PM

Let's save starting up a "Kill, Red, Kill" cheer until after we're done facing another team that calls themselves the Red.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: November 19, 2005 04:58PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Let's save starting up a "Kill, Red, Kill" cheer until after we're done facing another team that calls themselves the Red.[/q]

What if we are playing Michigan?

Date: November 19, 2005 05:03PM

[Q]DisplacedCornellian Wrote:

Will Wrote:

Let's save starting up a "Kill, Red, Kill" cheer until after we're done facing another team that calls themselves the Red.[/Q]
What if we are playing Michigan?[/q]

"Kill Red! Kill Red!"
"Kill, Red! Kill, Red!"

Posted by: ftyuv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 05:03PM

Doug '08, where you the guy in the white jersey? I was a few seats away and heard the "this guy sucks" cheer, and when I looked there was someone in a white jersey looking confused and angry. I remember thinking it very odd that anyone wearing a jersey in section E would deserve such a cheer, and given the general ignorance of a lot of people in that area, I figured it was they who sucked. Though maybe he was going to say "BOOYAH!" and you just interrupted him? :-P

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 19, 2005 05:21PM

After the opposition scores we need to get back to a Let's Go Red cheer. Half of the students do "Section O Sucks" while the rest of the rink does LGR--it sounds weak and scattered. I think we can do w/out Section O Sucks in general (especially for a traveling fan base as weak as union's). We should either a) try to drown them out with a LGR cheer or b) drown them out with a "we can't here you" clap-clap-clap clap clap. We should reserve the Section O Sucks cheer for any particularly obnoxious fan-base (read: clarkson)

Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 05:39PM

There have been way too many Section O Sucks cheers from section B. Makes me worry too many fans there are there for the cheering, and not for the team itself.

Posted by: Doug enjoys poop (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 06:42PM

Doug is a well known homosexual. ;-)

Posted by: Lance (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 06:43PM

Hey doug i thought u were really cute
cant wait to meet u at the game tonight

:-)

Posted by: Facetimer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2005 07:00PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Our fans should not be booing our own players at all. This is even worse than leaving early and perhaps even than throwing inappropriate things on the ice.[/q]

Give me a break. If they can't take the criticism, they shouldn't play at all . This isn't your pee wee league everyone give it their best shot and afterward we go to the Whalen's house for milk and cookies. And for Mike Shafer to earn what he is earning as a non-acadmeic faculty member, then it should be worth what he is paid.

I think we can all say that the team sucks now -- let's let them know that we won't tolerate it. I call on guys like Lance and Doug Enjoys Poop to give 'em shit. Maybe that will give them a little motivation.

Posted by: Nate 04 (---.sandia01.nm.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2005 07:25PM

I can't wait till this team starts winning again and everyone loves everyone else again.

Date: November 19, 2005 10:21PM

Everyone is friends at Lynah, but seriously guys show some class, you are embarassing youself in front of the whole arena. And if you guys are juniors, you should certainly know better, you should be setting the role for the freshman.

Don't disrespect our fans, and DON'T EVER BOO MY TEAM.

Date: November 19, 2005 10:22PM

Yup, that was me... thanks for your support. LETS GO RED!!

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2005 10:24PM

SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
SECTION O SUCKS
*uh-oh, time to get to my car so I can get back in time for pre-gaming!*

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.graham.clarkson.edu)
Date: November 19, 2005 10:28PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:
We should reserve the Section O Sucks cheer for any particularly obnoxious fan-base (read: clarkson) [/q]

Awww, thanks redhair ;-)

Date: November 20, 2005 11:54AM

[Q]Section A Banshee Wrote:

jtwcornell91 Wrote:

RazzBaronZ Wrote:

Another idea I have considered is a song or something that we keep going the length of a penalty.[/Q]
This works pretty well at European soccer and hockey games. But how do we choose a song without it being deemed silly?[/Q]
The band doesn't usually take issue with being called silly. Fire away.[/q]

I could try to teach you the one I know (which is used in general, not specifically for penalty kills) at the Niagara game, but my lack of musical ability might stand in the way.

Here's an approximation of how it goes (the "HOPP S C B" is team-specific and a recent if obvious addition)

Doh doh doh, doh, doh, doh
Da-doh doh, doh, doh, doh
Da-doh doh, dooooooooooh
[HOPP S C B]
DOH DOH DOH, doh, doh, doh
Da-doh doh, dooooooooooh
[HOPP S C B]
DOH DOH DOH, doh, doh, doh (Bah bah ba-da-dah)
Da-doh doh, doh, doh, doh (Bah bah ba-da-dah)
Da-doh doh, dooooooooooh (Ba-dah, dah daaaaaaaaah)
[HOPP S C B]
DOH DOH DOH, doh, doh, doh (Bah bah ba-da-dah)
Da-doh doh, dooooooooooh (Ba-dah, dah daaaaaaaaah)

Repeat for several minutes. There are different rules about playing drums during the game in Europe, so they tend to have a bunch of fan-club drummers playing rhythm along with it; after a couple of choruses they stop playing and let the fans sing it alone (typically waving their drumsticks back and forth to help people keep time) and then come back in a couple of choruses later on the DOH DOH DOH, which is impressive when it works (i.e., when people are still in time).

Date: November 20, 2005 11:58AM

What about zombie nation's "kernkraft 4000"? While most of you will be like, "what the hell is that, mate?" I will place a lot of money on the fact that you know the melody. Dc++ it, and skip around until you hear the melody. This would work perfectly. If only I could put a soundclip on this forum! This song would also work REALLY well with clapping. If I somehow get my season tickets back, I'll try and start this up next game. We could really use the band's help on this too. Again, I GUARANTEE everyone knows this song.

Date: November 20, 2005 03:34PM

[Q]ctenah Wrote:

What about zombie nation's "kernkraft 4000"? While most of you will be like, "what the hell is that, mate?" I will place a lot of money on the fact that you know the melody. Dc++ it, and skip around until you hear the melody. This would work perfectly. If only I could put a soundclip on this forum! This song would also work REALLY well with clapping. If I somehow get my season tickets back, I'll try and start this up next game. We could really use the band's help on this too. Again, I GUARANTEE everyone knows this song.[/q]

No opinion on the song, just linking to it so everyone else can discuss it:
[jamesmidiworld.tripod.com]

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 05:07PM

Gas break honk. Gas break honk. Honk honk punch.

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 05:25PM

Would it turn out well from the instruments we've got up there in section A?

Posted by: LynahFaithfulS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 07:20PM

[Q]Dafatone Wrote:

There have been way too many Section O Sucks cheers from section B. Makes me worry too many fans there are there for the cheering, and not for the team itself.[/q]
THANK YOU! I have been refraining from participating in this cheer MANY times...as someone else mentioned, save it for when they are doing something that deserves it (e.g. the union flag guy, perhaps)!

and ctenah--I am pretty sure I know who you are, and (if I am correct) I sit/stand right behind you. correct me if I'm wrong but you were late to last night's game...YOU were part of the disappointly empty section B...

Date: November 20, 2005 07:25PM

[Q]LynahFaithfulS Wrote:

and ctenah--I am pretty sure I know who you are, and (if I am correct) I sit/stand right behind you. correct me if I'm wrong but you were late to last night's game...YOU were part of the disappointly empty section B...[/q]

Yeah, I've never been late before. I had a meeting with a professor to discuss undergrad research. Sorry. :-/ I was actually really pissed as my ride stood me up and there's no bus back from the vet research tower. I missed the lineup too, as RPI had no names on their back so I couldn't even taunt them. But then again, we do chant boring...so I probably wouldn't have heard anyway.

Good observation though.

Date: November 20, 2005 07:27PM

thanks RazzBaronZ for the link. Anyone have an opinion?

Posted by: Maren (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 20, 2005 09:28PM

The cheering was off this weekend, but this always happens. I guess you could blame it on having a couple weeks off from a home game, but some of the things that go wrong are easily fixed.

I propose a new class at Cornell. Lynah 101, offered at 6:30 on Friday and Saturday nights before home games. One credit, S/U. Hey, maybe this way the student sections will actually be full before the game starts... rolleyes

Posted by: ftyuv (---.127.235.57.lightlink.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 09:36PM

The problem with such a class -- and don't worry, I get that it's a joke, but it makes the case -- is that the sort of people who would bother coming are the same sort who would go on ELynah, ask friends what's going on, and generally be the fans we don't whine about. In other words, we're all bitching to the choir.

I propose knocking the announcer out between the 1st and 2nd periods, stealing his mic and declaring that bad cheering will be punishable by death. And then staging a bad cheer and shooting someone with a paintball gun in order to make an example. "See you, facetimer. You LOSE."

Date: November 20, 2005 09:42PM

[Q]ftyuv Wrote:

I propose knocking the announcer out between the 1st and 2nd periods, stealing his mic and declaring that bad cheering will be punishable by death. And then staging a bad cheer and shooting someone with a paintball gun in order to make an example. "See you, facetimer. You LOSE."[/q]

Then you must shoot anyone within the first five rows who doesn't immediately correct you with, "It's GOON!"

Posted by: Maren (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 20, 2005 09:44PM

Ooh, Ultimate Lynah. I like it.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.127.235.57.lightlink.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 09:45PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

ftyuv Wrote:

I propose knocking the announcer out between the 1st and 2nd periods, stealing his mic and declaring that bad cheering will be punishable by death. And then staging a bad cheer and shooting someone with a paintball gun in order to make an example. "See you, facetimer. You LOSE."[/Q]
Then you must shoot anyone within the first five rows who doesn't immediately correct you with, "It's GOON!"[/q]

Nothing very goonish about being an idiot at cheering. But someone who has just been fatally shot has lost something -- well, maybe.

Date: November 20, 2005 09:52PM

[Q]ftyuv Wrote:

Will Wrote:

ftyuv Wrote:

I propose knocking the announcer out between the 1st and 2nd periods, stealing his mic and declaring that bad cheering will be punishable by death. And then staging a bad cheer and shooting someone with a paintball gun in order to make an example. "See you, facetimer. You LOSE."[/Q]
Then you must shoot anyone within the first five rows who doesn't immediately correct you with, "It's GOON!"[/Q]
Nothing very goonish about being an idiot at cheering. But someone who has just been fatally shot has lost something -- well, maybe.[/q]

Touché.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 20, 2005 11:12PM

[Q]ftyuv Wrote:
I propose knocking the announcer out between the 1st and 2nd periods, stealing his mic and declaring that bad cheering will be punishable by death.
[/q]

How does Arthur feel about this?

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 11:43PM

my thoughts exactly :-P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login