Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

worst restaurant EVER

Posted by Ben Rocky '04 
worst restaurant EVER
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2005 09:39PM

If you ever drive two hours to the middle of nowhere (Hanover, NH), do NOT eat in Everything But Anchovies [EBA]. The food sucks and the service is beyond slow. Also, the decor at Molly's is none to comforting (pictures of Cornell-Dartmouth football scoreboards with the big green wining & the advertisement for a pre-football game rally encouraging people to bring cornell things to burn).

All in all, HANOVER SUCKS.

LGR!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2005 09:41PM by Ben Rocky 04.

Re: worst restaurant EVER
Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 09:52PM

i feel your pain and have been saying this for almost 4 years. i too ate at EBA and had the same experience ... i went, i saw (us lose with 2 seconds in ot) and i never want to go back (ever!). i second the notion that hanover sucks! yark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2005 09:53PM by ben03.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 10:23PM

Molly's Pizza sucked... but $2 margaritas were AMAZING. All in all, Hanover was cool before the game, and deplorable afterwards.

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 10:33PM

"We get to leave here"

Date: November 13, 2005 10:37PM

Clap Clap ClapClapClap

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 10:46PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Molly's Pizza sucked... but $2 margaritas were AMAZING. All in all, Hanover was cool before the game, and deplorable afterwards.[/q]

For me it sucked before the game, sucked during, and we got the hell out of there as fast as we could after.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2005 11:44PM

So while we’re on the hanover sucking train ... after the game (feb '02) we wandered around looking for a place to stay. Yes, we had no place to stay b/c we decided to leave at 10am that morning. We asked an undergrad if there were any hotels and we were promptly told that the trash can just over yonder would suit our needs just fine. F the DC undergrads!

we were so pissed at how we'd lost and how much hanover continued to suck, we hopped in the car and decided to drive to middlebury and crash at a friends sisters place. so after driving 8 godforsaken hours to the yuppie shit whole that is hanover and then another two'ish to middlebury in the middle of the night, i was pulled over by the nice middlebury police man … for driving 33 in a 30!!! WTF!!! are you kidding me?!? yeah i could almost see the GD house we were staying at from the where i was pulled over on the side of the road. and just in case things weren't going badly enough, my friend sitting behind me (who will remain nameless) decided he’d open his window as the cop came to the car. oh did i forget to mention my three passengers were slightly inebriated? yes, they were bombed. so now the cop thinks i've been drinking and puts me through the song and dance and justifiably so. if i pulled myself and that car load of clowns over at 2:15am I’d be a bit suspicious too. needless to say i had nothing to drink and he let me off with a warning.

wait, wait, there's more. so we get to my nameless friends sister's place only at half past 2 only to find they’re have a raging party. like rattle your fillings out loud.somehow, some way, we just weren’t feeling it and were just too damn tired to care. we all managed to find a nice place to pass out with the party still in full swing. so there's my rambling recount of my only trip to hanover, nh.

i think it's safe to say i'm not going back anytime soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2005 11:46PM by ben03.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: November 14, 2005 12:41AM

Daniel Webster sucks, Daniel Webster sucks

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 14, 2005 08:47AM

hmm, i actually like hanover but maybe that was because the last time i was there I saw a very frustrated jessiman and cornell win :)
plus i had been there before...

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 14, 2005 10:23AM

Nevertheless, if you stay overnight, definitely hit Lou's for breakfast the next morning. It's standard breakfast fare, but excellent quality, especially the pancakes. And if you don't have a healthy appetite, order the short stack, since each one is about the size of your plate.

Posted by: HeafDog (---.hbo.com)
Date: November 14, 2005 12:36PM

Actually, have to agree with jy3 on this one... I love Hanover. EBA's, Lou's, Molly's, most of the places in town, they're all awesome. And the Dartmouth campus is every bit as pretty as ours.

VT/NH is one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

Posted by: Winnabago (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2005 01:43PM

All sarcasm aside, there was a place we found that was actually not bad for food, atmosphere, or price. It was on a little driveway that was actually, truly called Nugget Alley. I think that was the restaurant's name too. It was directly under Murphy's pub - entrance was from the side around the corner. Burgers and stuff for 6-8 dollars, has a Chariot feel to it, although I humbly note the conspicuous lack of corn nuggets...

We were actually in one of the sections that won a free slice at EBAs after the game, but I still feel that left turn onto 89 back toward boston was the best decision to make.

Anyone else feel cheated out of that tractor?

Posted by: Dart~Ben (---.Kiewit.Dartmouth.EDU)
Date: November 14, 2005 02:55PM

[Q]Winnabago Wrote:
It was on a little driveway that was actually, truly called Nugget Alley. I think that was the restaurant's name too. [/q]

The pub is 5 Olde Nugget Alley, or more commonly referred to as just 5 Olde.

Posted by: RichS (---.wayneschools.com)
Date: November 15, 2005 01:56PM

I have to tell you I've heard people say the same things about Ithaca...and Potsdam too. All depends on your perspective, eh?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 15, 2005 02:07PM

[q] I have to tell you I've heard people say the same things about Ithaca...and Potsdam too. All depends on your perspective, eh?[/q]I went to Cornell, liked it enough to spend nine years there and I still say those same things about Ithaca. So Rich is reight - it's all perspective.

Re: worst restaurant EVER > hooray for Potsdam/Canton
Date: November 15, 2005 02:24PM

I have been one of the biggest attackers of the North Country based on how lame/borning/middle-of-nowhere it is, and I am taking it all back. Hanover is my new idea of hell.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: November 15, 2005 06:06PM

The north country is barren and desolate. Other than Potsdam, it consists mainly of old run down farms and scrub trees taking back the fields. It is also very flat. I lived 45 minutes north of Hanover for 4 years just across the border in Vermont. Hanover is very small and doesn't offer a lot itself, but the area is gorgeous. It is just outside of the White Mountains, and the Connecticut River offers a rare blend of excellent farm land right at the foot of the mountains. Hanover is also close to skiing in both Vermont and New Hampshire, about an hour from the ocean, and about two hours from Boston and maybe 45 minutes from Manchester, Concord, and Nashua. There are plenty of stores and restaurants in nearby West Lebanon. I am not trying to sell anyone on Hanover, and I certainly understand why staying for one night to watch a hockey game would give someone the impression that it is lame, but I find that overall, it is actually a nicer area to live in than central or northern New York. Especially if you like mountains and the outdoors.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: November 15, 2005 06:58PM

The North Country is also very pretty, if you like stark landscapes (which I do).

Date: November 15, 2005 07:33PM

Just to be clear, I am not trying to bash NY. Although I do think the north country is very bleak and also very poor except for a few pockets, I think the Finger Lakes are very pretty. I just find most of northern New England to be one of the prettiest regions in the country, which is why I have lived in Vermont almost the whole time I have been out of college.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2005 10:19PM

Lake Placid is also quaint. And the mountainous Adirondacky parts are nice; I prefer them to the frozen tundra around Massena.

ETA: Potsdam and Canton are also nice because everyone you meet is into college hockey.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2005 10:20PM by jtwcornell91.

Date: November 16, 2005 01:58PM

I like the Adirondacks quite a bit and have hiked 32 of the 46 4000 footers so far along with numerous slightly smaller ones. I also agree that Potsdam and Canton are an oasis. My mother lives in Potsdam and I try to go to the two north country games every year. I find a general bleakness to the general Route 11 corridor from Rouses Point to about Watertown, however.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: November 16, 2005 03:16PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

The North Country is also very pretty, if you like stark landscapes (which I do).[/q]

And syphilis.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 16, 2005 04:20PM

[q]And syphilis.[/q]OK, someone likes the Nickerson joke a little too much.... :-D

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2005 07:57PM

How many stars did the Sun give it?

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 16, 2005 09:17PM

You can find that anywhere...if you're looking for it. Ahem! rolleyes

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 17, 2005 04:53PM

[Q]Rich S Wrote:

You can find that anywhere...if you're looking for it. Ahem! [/q]Congratulations on all of your successful searches!

Posted by: cth95 (132.198.175.---)
Date: November 17, 2005 05:21PM

laugh

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 18, 2005 02:11AM

Uh...no. That's why I said "you". :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login