Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

This Week's Column is Up

Posted by calgARI '07 
This Week's Column is Up
Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.89.---)
Date: November 10, 2005 04:29PM

"Finding a Way To Win"

[www.elynah.com]

Re: This Week's Column is Up
Posted by: dbilmes (---.37.117.26.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 10, 2005 04:36PM

[Q]

Cornell 1 - Dartmouth 2

[/Q]

I agree. We'll have a lot of trouble making it through this weekend without picking up our first ECAC loss.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 10, 2005 04:45PM

You could be right about us picking up a loss this weekend, but having watched Dartmouth at Harvard, and then having read about their losses to P and Q, I don't see them holding us to 1 goal. They've been pretty porous so far. They've given up some soft goals, and when they get behind, they've been sloppy. Maybe they'll shape up for the home fans, but I wouldn't bet on it. Limit them to 2 goals and I think it'll be a victory for the Red.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2005 04:48PM

We might not win both games.. but I don't think we'll lose. I'd say a tie and a win would be the worst case that I could see at the moment.

Can we please have Shane Hynes back now? rolleyes

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 10, 2005 05:11PM

[q]Harvard and Dartmouth are notoriously slow starters.[/q]They are? I remember Harvard jumping out to several big point leads in the ECAC standings by December, partially due to playing more games, but also due to winning a bunch. Maybe this has been different over the last few years and it's all blurring together in my old age... (If I were motivated and/or not at work I'd look through USCHO to get some data...)

Posted by: bigred06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2005 05:50PM

I think that Cornell will pull it together this weekend (including the play of Mckee) and pull off two big wins against Harvard and Dartmouth.

Predictions:
Cornell 4 Harvard 0
Cornell 3 Dartmouth 1

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.89.---)
Date: November 10, 2005 05:53PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Harvard and Dartmouth are notoriously slow starters.[/Q]
They are? I remember Harvard jumping out to several big point leads in the ECAC standings by December, partially due to playing more games, but also due to winning a bunch. Maybe this has been different over the last few years and it's all blurring together in my old age... (If I were motivated and/or not at work I'd look through USCHO to get some data...)[/q]

Well last year for instance, they tied Windsor, tied Brown, and lost to Cornell and Colgate in four of their first five games.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: November 10, 2005 07:06PM

[Q]Oat Wrote:

We might not win both games.. but I don't think we'll lose. I'd say a tie and a win would be the worst case that I could see at the moment.[/q]

Ah, my dear boy, you have some difficult lessons to learn. I hope you don't learn them this weekend.

@jtwcornell91@hostux.social

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: November 10, 2005 08:20PM

2 points is more likely than 4. I don't think a team that was taken to overtime by Brown should pencil in the RS title just yet.

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2005 08:24PM

you people are way too pessimistic

i'll be screaming my head off for the W both nights

Posted by: PC (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 10, 2005 08:46PM

yea, seriously, way too negative...i mean it's hockey....we need confidence....i like that moulson keeps mentioning "we win the national champsionship..." i mean it might be a little premature, but who cares? that's the kinda attitude at this point that will get us there...

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2005 09:11PM

[Q]PC Wrote:
that's the kinda attitude at this point that will get us there...[/q]

Yeah, but it's not gonna get us there based on what your or my attitude is on a message board, which is what we're talking about here.

[Q]i'll be screaming my head off for the W both nights[/Q]

I don't think anyone said they wouldn't. But it's still a decent point that this team has plenty of steps still take take before we even begin to think about starting to consider taking anything for granted.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: November 11, 2005 12:13AM

I was screaming my head off rooting for the win back in 1994, when we most certainly did not expect to win every game. That has nothing to do with predicting what is going to happen.

When you go on the road against good teams (which we all expect Dartmouth and Harvard to be when all is said and done) two points is a successful weekend. You still hope for four, but it's not being overly pessimistic to expect two.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: November 11, 2005 12:51AM

Negative is saying "so and so sucks," which is what people who expect wins often turn to the moment their team loses.

The great advantage of having seen finishes from 1st to 11th is not taking anything for granted. Both Havard and Dartmouth are good squads with talent. Playing on the road, especially with the big target that comes with being the consensus favorite, while we all hope for wins, we should expect the other teams to... I dunno... show up, maybe?

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: November 11, 2005 02:43AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
Playing on the road, especially with the big target that comes with being the consensus favorite, while we all hope for wins, we should expect the other teams to... I dunno... show up, maybe?[/q]

Nah - they'll probably just roll over for us like Brown and Yale did. bugeye

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2005 06:46AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
The great advantage of having seen finishes from 1st to 11th is not taking anything for granted. Both Havard and Dartmouth are good squads with talent. Playing on the road, especially with the big target that comes with being the consensus favorite, while we all hope for wins, we should expect the other teams to... I dunno... show up, maybe?[/q]
And let's not forget that last year's Cornell team lost only two ECAC games--at Harvard and at Dartmouth. Tough weekend pair.

The good news is...according to the Sun, we're back at "full strength" for this weekend's games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2005 06:49AM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 11, 2005 10:42AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

The good news is...according to the Sun, we're back at "full strength" for this weekend's games.[/q]

.....and Hahvahd still sucks!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login