Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Audio for Yale-Brown?

Posted by Trotsky 
Audio for Yale-Brown?
Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: November 04, 2005 12:22AM

The CU hockey page has no links for audio.
The CSTV hockey page has no links for audio.
WTF?

Re: Audio for Yale-Brown?
Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nrp4.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 04, 2005 12:45AM

As a purchaser of All Access, I hope and expect that this will be corrected before game time. But I'll use this as an opportunity to remind others of my opponent's audio page (which can be "Plan B" for those times that All Access lets us down).

www.frontiernet.net/~letsgored/audiolinks.html: [www.frontiernet.net]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 04, 2005 04:30AM

The Yale Men's Hockey media guide lists WYBC AM 1340 as carrying men's hockey games live. I can't find a link to the AM station that works, tho.

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (128.253.190.---)
Date: November 04, 2005 11:28AM

[yalestation.org]

This claims to be wybc-am 1300.

Aparently this is a live feed. I clicked on it and I heard some music, so it does seem to work. If this station does infact carry the game, this link should work. We'll see.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2005 11:41AM by evilnaturedrobot.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 04, 2005 01:11PM

I just called the CSTV customer service line, and Michael, my customer service rep, says that I can only access video feed from my own school. I asked him to make the suggestion that away game video feeds should be included in the package, but this seems to confirm that there won't be video for away games (at least not anytime soon).

He also had no response to my query on whether hockey games for tonight were going to be broadcast, saying it's all about what the schools provide them. Um, okay. You're telling me ten schools provided you the link for tomorrow's game, but not tonight's? Sounds like the problem's on your end, buddy.

EDIT: It got fixed. Sweet :) Cornell audio provided on tonight's game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2005 01:16PM by Liz '05.

Audio Access for Tonight
Posted by: mcskenry (208.226.6.---)
Date: November 04, 2005 03:16PM

For quick access to the audio link, paste the following into your browser:

[allaccess.cstv.com]

LGR!

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 04, 2005 03:21PM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:

I asked him to make the suggestion that away game video feeds should be included in the package, but this seems to confirm that there won't be video for away games (at least not anytime soon). [/q]

Seriously. They've offered the "football package" for all schools, but no hockey package? I would've loved to have watched the Denver games last weekend. I certainly would've paid a little extra to be able to jump around the rinks.

Re: Audio Access for Tonight
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2005 04:50PM

For want of better audio I was considering a season ticket to Access for Cornell.

Does this exist? I thought I read that it was around $50. On the link that I followed I found only monthly service for sale.

Thanks.

Date: November 05, 2005 04:57PM

At this point in the season, it's cheaper to pay $7/month than $50 for the season. $49 gets you into June.

Date: November 05, 2005 05:24PM

Thanks.

Date: November 05, 2005 05:39PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

At this point in the season, it's cheaper to pay $7/month than $50 for the season. $49 gets you into June.[/q]

Do you know if I will be able to see archives if I pay by the month?

Posted by: 35-Year Go Big Red Fan (---.roc.netacc.net)
Date: November 05, 2005 11:04PM

Did anyone else have trouble getting the All-Access audio tonight? I never could get it and was forced to listen to the Brown bozos. Also can't get into OSCHO tonight. What's up?:-(

Date: November 05, 2005 11:27PM

[Q]marty Wrote:

Do you know if I will be able to see archives if I pay by the month?[/q]

Yes, I'm on a monthly pay plan, and I can access the archives.

Date: November 05, 2005 11:36PM

[Q]35-Year Go Big Red Fan Wrote:

Did anyone else have trouble getting the All-Access audio tonight? I never could get it and was forced to listen to the Brown bozos. Also can't get into OSCHO tonight. What's up? [/q]

Yes, All-Access was bad. We were only able to get it around the 1st intermission and half of the 2nd period. Then it began repeating the 2nd period, and the link for the broadcast was removed.

USCHO has been down for much of the night, but the Forum is up.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: November 07, 2005 03:25PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

35-Year Go Big Red Fan Wrote:

Did anyone else have trouble getting the All-Access audio tonight? I never could get it and was forced to listen to the Brown bozos. Also can't get into OSCHO tonight. What's up? [/Q]
Yes, All-Access was bad. We were only able to get it around the 1st intermission and half of the 2nd period. Then it began repeating the 2nd period, and the link for the broadcast was removed.[/q]

Ouch. Did someone complain to CSTV and/or Cornell?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: November 07, 2005 03:45PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

RichH Wrote:

35-Year Go Big Red Fan Wrote:

Did anyone else have trouble getting the All-Access audio tonight? I never could get it and was forced to listen to the Brown bozos. Also can't get into OSCHO tonight. What's up? [/Q]
Yes, All-Access was bad. We were only able to get it around the 1st intermission and half of the 2nd period. Then it began repeating the 2nd period, and the link for the broadcast was removed.[/Q]
Ouch. Did someone complain to CSTV and/or Cornell?[/q]

Yep. Got the following in my inbox today:

[Q]Dear Elizbeth,

Thank you for sending your email.

I apologize for the difficulty experienced. Please call our Customer Support department at 1-866-259-8973 so we can do some troubleshooting and improve your experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to write!
Regards,

JR, CSTV.com Support
[/q]

Not sure what troubleshooting, if any, can be done for a problem on their end, so I haven't yet called.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 07, 2005 05:41PM

This is why I'm pretty unlikely to spring for the CSTV service. If the system goes out when the customer is expecting to watch/listen to a game they should give some sort of credit or refund to your account. The cable company does this if I tell them my cable is out, why not CSTV for a comparable service?

Not to mention the fact that this is happens constantly.

Date: November 07, 2005 09:06PM

Please call the Customer Service Department so that we can assist you with your inconvenience. We will set the wayback machine to Saturday night and begin troubleshooting.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2005 12:42AM by marty.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 07, 2005 09:21PM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:
Not sure what troubleshooting, if any, can be done for a problem on their end, so I haven't yet called.[/q]

First of all, calling it "troubleshooting" was probably boilerplate customer service-speak. Second, if you don't call and explain to a real, live human being what the problem has been, you're not likely to see any improvement.

I see a lot of people complaining about paying for a terrible service, but nobody talking about actually picking up the phone and calling CSTV or Cornell to ask for refunds. Am I way off base here?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2005 09:36PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:
I see a lot of people complaining about paying for a terrible service, but nobody talking about actually picking up the phone and calling CSTV or Cornell to ask for refunds. Am I way off base here?

Beeeej[/q]
Maybe not "way," but at least "somewhat." Included in a response this morning from Jeremy Hartigan in Athletics was the following: "I have been back-and-forth with CSTV since yesterday to find out what the problems continue to be, how we can make it up to our subscribers and how we can make sure it never happens again. I'm hoping to have something to our subscribers by tomorrow."

Let's see what happens "tomorrow."

Date: November 07, 2005 09:38PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Liz '05 Wrote:
Not sure what troubleshooting, if any, can be done for a problem on their end, so I haven't yet called.[/Q]
First of all, calling it "troubleshooting" was probably boilerplate customer service-speak. Second, if you don't call and explain to a real, live human being what the problem has been, you're not likely to see any improvement.

Beeeej[/q]

Agreed.

I'm planning on calling, and I'm planning on asking for a refund. I just haven't yet decided what I consider fair reimbursement for the inconvenience of trying to access a service that doesn't work and the lack of a product that I've already paid for. $5 seems disproportionate to [total price/number of games], but, then again, the inconvenience was similarly disproportionate...

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2005 09:44PM

I think having to listen to the Brown announcers for 2 hours is worth a refund of the entire year's subscription price :)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 07, 2005 11:17PM

Well, that's quite promising.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 08, 2005 12:21AM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:

I think having to listen to the Brown announcers for 2 hours is worth a refund of the entire year's subscription price [/q]

I think so, too, and I didn't even subscribe to All Access. help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login