Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Moulson and Topher - Interview Tonight

Posted by Jack 
Moulson and Topher - Interview Tonight
Posted by: Jack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 02:10PM

Hey ELynah Fans,

Just wanted to throw out a shameless plug. Tonight on WVBR-FM 93.5 at 7pm, Matt Moulson and Topher Scott will be on Sports Roundup for an exclusive interview to recap the Michigan State opening weekend and talk about the rest of the season.

You can listen either on 93.5 FM or over the web - www.wvbr.com

The Voice of the Hockey Line
Jack

Re: Moulson and Topher - Interview Tonight
Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 30, 2005 02:13PM

[Q]Jack Wrote:

Hey ELynah Fans,

Just wanted to throw out a shameless plug. Tonight on WVBR-FM 93.5 at 7pm, Matt Moulson and Topher Scott will be on Sports Roundup for an exclusive interview to recap the Michigan State opening weekend and talk about the rest of the season.

You can listen either on 93.5 FM or over the web - www.wvbr.com

The Voice of the Hockey Line
Jack[/q]

Does the interview start at 7 or just the program?

Posted by: Jack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 03:04PM

The interview will start at about 7:05 - we will recap the weekend games for a few minutes and then get right to the questions.

Jack

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 30, 2005 03:07PM

[Q]Jack Wrote:

The interview will start at about 7:05 - we will recap the weekend games for a few minutes and then get right to the questions.

Jack[/q]

Thanks

Posted by: Mike K (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 08:16PM

I missed the interview tonight can anybody give me a recap.

Posted by: Molgestron (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 08:30PM

[Q]Mike K Wrote:

I missed the interview tonight can anybody give me a recap.[/q]

Very good interview. For those that missed it, there will be an audio file of the interview up on wvbr.com tomorrow.

Posted by: mike k (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 08:39PM

Can you please tell me a little of what they said. About the loss. ABout the rest of the season. Just a little recap would be great.

Posted by: JS '93 (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2005 10:14PM

Interview summary--Nothing earth-shattering. Mich State--Good test for the team early in the season. Need to cut down on penalties/mistakes for future games and play 120 minutes each weekend to win. Not much said about the incidents (that I heard anyway). Topher and his family are lifelong White Sox fans (Topher with photos at 2/3 years old in White Sox jersey) that were thrilled with the WS win. That about covers the interview.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 12:00AM

Coach Schafer has drilled into the players not to say anything that would be ammunition in the hands of an opponent. That part of the game plan, they're executing on.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-194-7.myvzw.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 12:44PM

One of Matt's answers troubled me a bit. When the interviewer asked (paraphrasing) what gives this year's team a better chance (than last year's team) for a Nat'l Championship, there was a long pause followed by Matt saying: "that's a good question." I was expecting him to list all of the virtues of the 2005-06 team.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z065105093.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 01:11PM

[Q]redice Wrote:

One of Matt's answers troubled me a bit. When the interviewer asked (paraphrasing) what gives this year's team a better chance (than last year's team) for a Nat'l Championship, there was a long pause followed by Matt saying: "that's a good question." I was expecting him to list all of the virtues of the 2005-06 team.[/q]Well, what do you expect him to say? We lost some good people and I don't think he is about to announce that the freshmen are better than Vesce, Hynes, Iggulden, etc.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: October 31, 2005 02:25PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

redice Wrote:

One of Matt's answers troubled me a bit. When the interviewer asked (paraphrasing) what gives this year's team a better chance (than last year's team) for a Nat'l Championship, there was a long pause followed by Matt saying: "that's a good question." I was expecting him to list all of the virtues of the 2005-06 team.[/Q]
Well, what do you expect him to say? We lost some good people and I don't think he is about to announce that the freshmen are better than Vesce, Hynes, Iggulden, etc.[/q]

If Vesce was on last year's team, maybe we would have taken home the title :)

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 02:47PM

Early in the season, you should be deferential to the legends just departed, say how hard it is to fill their boots and then offer up some platitude that with hard work and a few breaks, we have as good a chance as any of the top teams.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z065105093.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 03:56PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:

ugarte Wrote:

redice Wrote:

One of Matt's answers troubled me a bit. When the interviewer asked (paraphrasing) what gives this year's team a better chance (than last year's team) for a Nat'l Championship, there was a long pause followed by Matt saying: "that's a good question." I was expecting him to list all of the virtues of the 2005-06 team.[/Q]
Well, what do you expect him to say? We lost some good people and I don't think he is about to announce that the freshmen are better than Vesce, Hynes, Iggulden, etc.[/Q]
If Vesce was on last year's team, maybe we would have taken home the title [/q]Saw that coming, but didn't want to edit...

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 08:17PM

Yeah, definitely something out of Bull Durham.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 08:24PM

I wonder what punishment there would be if Moulson or another player gave an interview filled with red meat: we're the best team in the country, much better than last year, going to win it all, Harvard sucks, the ECAC schedule is full of pushovers, etc. Well, aside from being struck down by the Hockey Gods... (It is still woofing when a participant does it rather than a fan, right?)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 09:25PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
I wonder what punishment there would be if Moulson or another player gave an interview filled with red meat: we're the best team in the country, much better than last year, going to win it all, Harvard sucks, the ECAC schedule is full of pushovers, etc. Well, aside from being struck down by the Hockey Gods... (It is still woofing when a participant does it rather than a fan, right?)[/q]It's not woofing if you back it up (see: Namath, Joe; Messier, Mark). It's all BS anyway.

Moulson is right that it's a good question. This year's team is solid, last year's team was solid. The main difference I can make out is that this year there's more *talk* about winning a national championship early on than there has been before.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 11:13PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

This year's team is solid, last year's team was solid. The main difference I can make out is that this year there's more *talk* about winning a national championship early on than there has been before.[/q]

This can easily be attributed to the fact that, at the end of last year, we were one or two good bounces away from the Frozen Four, while at the end of the previous year, we bowed out early in the postseason.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 12:08AM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:
It's not woofing if you back it up.[/q]

No. It's still woofing. If you woof and win, it only means your out-of-warranty water heater is about to explode, or your daughter will marry a Scientologist.

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 02:24AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

jmh30 Wrote:
It's not woofing if you back it up.[/Q]
No. It's still woofing. If you woof and win, it only means your out-of-warranty water heater is about to explode, or your daughter will marry a Scientologist.[/q]

But I'd be happy to exchange both scenarios for a National Championship.

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 08:58AM

Ugh. Have you not seen any of the Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise crap? That would be a tough choice... screwy

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: November 01, 2005 12:00PM

The interview from Sports Roundup this past Sunday is now available online as part of the WVBR Podcast. Subscribe to the podcast or just download this clip!

[wvbr.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login