Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Status of Footer & Pegs?

Posted by C.J.B.T 
Status of Footer & Pegs?
Posted by: C.J.B.T (---.dial.mts.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 09:17PM

Anyone know the status of Pegs & Footer?

Re: Status of Footer & Pegs?
Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 09:37PM

After missing several minutes, Dan Pegoraro returned to the game later in the third period.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.89.---)
Date: October 29, 2005 10:00PM

Carefoot did not look good. He got kicked on the play.

Posted by: LynahFaithfulS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 12:16AM

From my seat I couldn't see what happened, and was really confused until I saw the guys leaving the ice. From reading various threads here, I get that Pegs and Carefoot got hit/kicked. Is there anything else to say about it?

Posted by: mjh89 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 10:18PM

Carefoot got a knee to the thigh, and has a bad charliehorse. Might not see him next weekend.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 12:49AM

I did see the play, and it was dirty, or at the very least, extremely reckless. A good example of Feola having no fucking clue what was going on. Leg-on-leg hits are as dangerous as hockey gets; I think we all know how serious the effects of knee injuries can be (see: Nieuwendyk, Joe).

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.eas.cornell.edu)
Date: October 31, 2005 11:40AM

Where did that hit happen? I remember seeing a something close to knee to knee and turning to a friend and saying that should've been called, and in the NHL would have. The one I saw happened near center ice, but I never really looked to see who the Cornell player was.

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 12:24PM

Comely on the Pegoraro incident that gave Abdelkader the DQ:

[Q]Comley was shocked at the penalty call.

"It was a clean hit,'' he said. "He hit him hard and the Cornell player's (facemask) is what caused him to be cut.''[/Q]
[www.greenandwhite.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2005 12:25PM by RichH.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z065105093.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 01:09PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

Comely on the Pegoraro incident that gave Abdelkader the DQ:

Comley was shocked at the penalty call.

"It was a clean hit,'' he said. "He hit him hard and the Cornell player's (facemask) is what caused him to be cut.''[/Q][/q]I've seen a description of the play that knocked out Carefoot, but not the hit that cut Pegs. What happened? Is comley's explanation plausible?

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.89.---)
Date: October 31, 2005 01:16PM

It is likely what happened. Feola of course did not see the play and basically just guessed what had happened. If MSU hadn't been leading by 2 goals at the time, no way does he make any sort of call. I personally didn't see the play and it may have warranted a 5 and a game, but my point is that Feola never saw it and didn't put his arm up at any point, signalling a penalty. Just another example of completely inadequate officiating this weekend.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2005 01:57PM by calgARI '07.

Posted by: Harrier (209.150.239.---)
Date: October 31, 2005 01:37PM

the kid drove pegs' face into the boards dasher with his full weight behind it. Pegs had just mishandled the penalty shot cut towards the boards and was turning up Ice near the hashmark. He deserved the 5 and 10. The blood likely induced the DQ. It was definitely a cheap shot and the puck was not there anymore anyway.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.yw.yu.edu)
Date: October 31, 2005 01:51PM

[Q]oceanst41 Wrote:

Where did that hit happen? I remember seeing a something close to knee to knee and turning to a friend and saying that should've been called, and in the NHL would have. The one I saw happened near center ice, but I never really looked to see who the Cornell player was. [/q]

That's the one, happened I think just within a minute or so before Pegs got hurt.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 01:57PM

This whole thread serves to illustrate exactly the type of dirty hits (among a handful of others) and subsequent unremorseful reactions that make CCHA teams and their coaching staffs a conference full of goons and thugs. According to Comley, we couldn't play in their league b/c we hit too hard/much… touché, and they in ours. We play hard hitting and for the most part clean by-the-book hockey. They, on the other hand, play with their skill and an amazing reckless dirty abandon. This team reminded me of the goons that Brown has put on the ice over the past 2-3 seasons. I'm glad to see them go back where people have no choice but to tolerate their shit.
There's the door boys ...

Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 04:48PM

I didn't see the hit on Pegs, but from when it happened, it had to be out of the play. Abdelkader was a huge goon the whole weekend, I was surprised he didn't get tossed Friday night for going after Mckee.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 05:10PM

[Q]Dafatone Wrote:

I didn't see the hit on Pegs, but from when it happened, it had to be out of the play. Abdelkader was a huge goon the whole weekend, I was surprised he didn't get tossed Friday night for going after Mckee.[/q]
On the video archive replay (shortly after the 2:27 mark), Pegoraro swung toward his left after missing on his breakaway, and an MSU player followed him toward the boards very determinedly. The camera moved away so you can't see what really happened, but he must have smashed Pegs into the boards/glass. The puck was long gone from Pegs by then, so it really was a cheap shot. Comley's statement about it being a clean hit is simply absurd--but then he did come across this weekend as a first-class jerk.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 05:26PM

The hit happened right in front of my seats. As stated before Pegs lost control of the puck and cut to his left towards Section A. He curled back to attempt a pass to the middle of the ice. After the puck was gone, and Pegs was in a vulnerable position, Abdelkader buried him into the boards. Definitely not checking from behind, but his arms were up around Pegs' head, and that is what drove his mask into the boards probably cutting him. What's more Abdelkader definitely gave him a little one for the road as he got up to skate after the play.

Probably would've been called if Feola saw it, but you never know. I find it really hard to be comfortable with an after the fact call even though there was a lot of blood. It's no wonder the names aren't printed on the back of the refs' jerseys anymore. screwy

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: November 01, 2005 12:16PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

It is likely what happened. Feola of course did not see the play and basically just guessed what had happened. If MSU hadn't been leading by 2 goals at the time, no way does he make any sort of call. I personally didn't see the play and it may have warranted a 5 and a game, but my point is that Feola never saw it and didn't put his arm up at any point, signalling a penalty.[/q]

One further piece of never-saw-it evidence is that the whistle didn't blow until long after the hit, even though MSU took the puck and carried it down the ice into our zone.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 12:58PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

It is likely what happened. Feola of course did not see the play and basically just guessed what had happened. If MSU hadn't been leading by 2 goals at the time, no way does he make any sort of call. I personally didn't see the play and it may have warranted a 5 and a game, but my point is that Feola never saw it and didn't put his arm up at any point, signalling a penalty.[/Q]
One further piece of never-saw-it evidence is that the whistle didn't blow until long after the hit, even though MSU took the puck and carried it down the ice into our zone.[/q]This sort of thing weighs pretty strongly in favor of the NHL's two-referee system, in my opinion. Feola has to follow the play up-ice, but it's really helpful to have someone whose job is to keep an eye on what's going on behind the play.

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 04:37PM

And when the two refs disagree we can have them duke it out. It'll be excellent! :-)

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: November 01, 2005 05:24PM

[Q]Pace Wrote:

And when the two refs disagree we can have them duke it out. It'll be excellent! [/q]

I think most refs have a policy of not disagreeing ;-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: November 01, 2005 06:10PM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

Pace Wrote:

And when the two refs disagree we can have them duke it out. It'll be excellent! [/Q]
I think most refs have a policy of not disagreeing [/q]

"Tonight's referee matchup will be Harry Ammian vs. Pierre Belanger"

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 06:14PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Jacob '06 Wrote:

Pace Wrote:

And when the two refs disagree we can have them duke it out. It'll be excellent! [/Q]
I think most refs have a policy of not disagreeing [/Q]
"Tonight's referee matchup will be Harry Ammian vs. Pierre Belanger"[/q]And the winner is ... Fans of Hockey.

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 09:25PM

Spoke to a friend, Pegs is alright. Carefoot has a groin injury and will miss this weekend's games, but should be back against Sucks.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 09:49PM

Thanks, Pace.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 02, 2005 05:41AM

I wonder if that "groin injury" is the modern version of the diagonal rule of injuries. nut

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 02, 2005 10:15AM

It made for a great Snickers commercial several years back.

"Not going anywhere for a while...?"

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login