Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

All-Access Questions

Posted by jkahn 
All-Access Questions
Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: October 26, 2005 11:56AM

Some All-access questions since they don't respond to emails:
1) Are all games archived for future viewing?
2) If we are on the road at another all-access school, is the video available to us?
3) If you pay monthly, is that a month from when you pay or a calendar month?

I'm sure I'll sign up regardless of the answers, but it would certainly be better if the first two answers were affirmative.

Let's Go Red.

Re: All-Access Questions
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2005 12:16PM

[Q]jkahn Wrote:

Some All-access questions since they don't respond to emails:
1) Are all games archived for future viewing?
2) If we are on the road at another all-access school, is the video available to us?
3) If you pay monthly, is that a month from when you pay or a calendar month?

I'm sure I'll sign up regardless of the answers, but it would certainly be better if the first two answers were affirmative.

Let's Go Red.[/q]
Yes, the video is archived. But I have a problem with all the games since Bucknell, in that I can't position myself at different points in the tape. I have to start at the beginning and proceed sequentially to the end, with no ability to jump around.

I was sent an email by Jeremy Hartigan in Athletics, in response to a complaint I wrote after Saturday's delayed broadcast, saying: "any road games that will be carried by CSTV will also be included." I presume that means CSTV videocast, not CSTV national TV, but can't say for certain. Jeremy also said that all home football and hockey, at a minimum, are included in the deal.

Don't know the answer to your third question, as I went for the season pass.

[Edit: Jeremy just wrote again saying that the Bucknell and Georgetown archives are navigable but not Brown and Harvard. (Maybe Ivy League rules force you to watch every minute, with no skimming. ;) )]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2005 12:30PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2005 04:22PM

how long did it take everyone to get the confirmation e-mail after signing up?
i signed up last thurs and still haven't heard anything. damnit.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: October 26, 2005 04:39PM

A-19: I haven't received a confirmation yet either, but I think there's another way to confirm service. From the "Multimedia" page, try accessing one of the archived home football video 'casts from earlier this season (like the Georgetown game, for example). Before I unleashed the plastic for All Access, I couldn't get my hands on these archived games -- but now that I've signed up, I can see them.

Date: October 26, 2005 04:42PM

hillel,

thanks so much. i can get those archived videos so ostensibly i can get hockey come this weekend. thanks!

-mike

Posted by: JS '93 (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 09:19PM

This question may have been asked before, but do you get the hockey audio feed along with the video? Based on the archived football games, it looks like only video is available. Thanks.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2005 10:03PM

[Q]JS '93 Wrote:

This question may have been asked before, but do you get the hockey audio feed along with the video? Based on the archived football games, it looks like only video is available. Thanks.[/q]

I assume audio is included. We get audio on the live football broadcasts.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nrp4.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 12:20AM

I *think* we'll get video when on the road at an All Access school (I didn't think to keep track of All Access schools when updating this season's audio links, though). If you look at Mich St's All Access page:
[allaccess.cstv.com];
you see that the Saturday game has a video link. Why there isn't one for Friday strikes me as odd.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: October 28, 2005 01:34AM

How soon are the archives available?

Posted by: A-ron (---.kpf.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:26PM

So I may be missing something terribly obvious here, but I can't access any of the archives even though my All-Access has been confirmed. I also see no way of logging in to my All-Access account. Is there a login/password elephant in the room?

I can get the video and audio nice and clear now so I guess it doesn't matter...LGR!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2005 06:32PM by A-ron.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:35PM

Usually when you select the video, it then asks you to log in.

Go to CornellBigRed.com, under Multimedia at the top go to Audio/Video. It'll bring up Football by default, but you can chose the sport as you like, and you can see the little 'A' for archive next to all the broadcasts.

There's half a dozen other ways to get there too, but that's probably the most straightforward.

P.S. Hockey video's up and the pregame is on! :)

Date: October 28, 2005 06:35PM

Just click on the thing for the game. If you're not singed in, it'll ask for the login in the window thats opens. At least from what I see.

Unfortunately, it appears you have to watch the archive from the beginning, you cant skip to a certain point.

My initial review of the hockey feed is that it looks crisper (less blurry) than last year, but it seems to be a bit clippy, sort of like a cool effect that you dont really want.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:39PM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:
Unfortunately, it appears you have to watch the archive from the beginning, you cant skip to a certain point.
[/q]
You can skip on the Bucknell and Georgetown games, but not on Harvard and Brown. Cornell Athletics was going to check with CSTV to find out what's going on. Not very useful if you can't skip around.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:41PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

French Rage Wrote:
[/Q]
You can skip on the Bucknell and Georgetown games, but not on Harvard and Brown. Cornell Athletics was going to check with CSTV to find out what's going on. Not very useful if you can't skip around.[/q]

Ah, well, if you havent seen it and dont know the score, it makes it more like a rela game cuz you cant cheat and skip to the end.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:46PM

I just checked out All-Access and decided against taking it.

Automatic Renewal of billing? Popups on every page? This is a disgrace. Cornell Athletics has truly bested themselves in their quest to provide the worst service money can buy.

I will be sending them a letter soon expressing my dismay.

Posted by: jas27 (66.9.198.---)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:47PM

Audio seems to be up & running at 6:45pm. Does anybody have a video feed?

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:48PM

[Q]jas27 Wrote:

Audio seems to be up & running at 6:45pm. Does anybody have a video feed?[/q]

yep - it's alternating between a shot of the stands and the zamboni

Date: October 28, 2005 06:49PM

[Q]jas27 Wrote:

Yeah, saw warmups earlier and a shot of the stands now.

Posted by: lhayes (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:51PM

Any way of increasing the window size to full screen? I've got a window about half the size of my computer screen, with the maximize button nonfunctional, and I can't get the arrows on the sides or corners to drag the window borders bigger. Thanks.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:51PM

[Q]jas27 Wrote:

Video's fine. Did you click on the loudspeaker icon or the camera?

Date: October 28, 2005 06:52PM

[Q]lhayes Wrote:

Any way of increasing the window size to full screen? I've got a window about half the size of my computer screen, with the maximize button nonfunctional, and I can't get the arrows on the sides or corners to drag the window borders bigger. Thanks.[/q]
Click where it says "full screen" about a half-inch below the counting clock.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:54PM

[Q]lhayes Wrote:

Any way of increasing the window size to full screen? I've got a window about half the size of my computer screen, with the maximize button nonfunctional, and I can't get the arrows on the sides or corners to drag the window borders bigger. Thanks.[/q]

in the red box under the play button, on the right, there's a "fullscreen" button. works for me.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:55PM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:

lhayes Wrote:

Any way of increasing the window size to full screen? I've got a window about half the size of my computer screen, with the maximize button nonfunctional, and I can't get the arrows on the sides or corners to drag the window borders bigger. Thanks.[/Q]
in the red box under the play button, on the right, there's a "fullscreen" button. works for me.[/q]
Or you can right-click on the video picture, place the cursor arrow over "Zoom," and then click "Full screen." Easier the other way.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:56PM

Hmm, my connection seems to have cut out.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.37.79.214.adsl.snet.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:57PM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

Hmm, my connection seems to have cut out.[/q]

me too... help

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)

anyone know who is doing the video for the game? watching the video so far makes me think they may not have the right equipment for this type of game..

Posted by: A-ron (---.kpf.com)

same here...boooo.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:58PM

Yup, video cut out - I'll be calling - audio still works though

Date: October 28, 2005 06:58PM

I've got video back. Clicked on the camera and basically started over.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:59PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Yup, video cut out - I'll be calling - audio still works though[/q]

my video cut out too, but i went back to the original all-access site, clicked on the link again, and got it back.

EDIT: al, you and i think along the same lines here. also, audio's going in and out for me..
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2005 07:01PM by Liz '05.

Date: October 28, 2005 06:59PM

its back

someone start a game thread

Date: October 28, 2005 07:00PM

Thanks, Al and Liz. But no dice: I've got no counting clock, no red box, and no "full screen" button. And right clicking and selecting "zoom" shows the "full screen" option non-functional.

Maybe I need up upgrade my media player, do you think?

Date: October 28, 2005 07:02PM

[Q]lhayes Wrote:

Thanks, Al and Liz. But no dice: I've got no counting clock, no red box, and no "full screen" button. And right clicking and selecting "zoom" shows the "full screen" option non-functional.

Maybe I need up upgrade my media player, do you think?[/q]

Possibly, does sound a little like what the old WMP looked like.

Date: October 28, 2005 07:03PM

[Q]French Rage Wrote:

lhayes Wrote:

Maybe I need up upgrade my media player, do you think?[/Q]
Possibly, does sound a little like what the old WMP looked like.[/q]

That could be the problem. Unfortunately, I'm no expert.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: October 28, 2005 07:30PM

lhayes, are you using a Mac perchance? i am, and can't enlarge my screen either. none of the previous suggestions work for me [there isn't anything below the clock, nothing in the red bar etc.).

Let's Go Red!!

Rita

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 07:37PM

WMP 10 is the newest version for pc users and WMP 9 for macs = our problem screwy

Date: October 28, 2005 07:51PM

Not sure if this is an All-Access problem per se, but does anyone else think that the camera above A need to be brighter? Is it a problem with the rink lighting, or did they just not adjust the brightness to the same level as the other cameras?

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: October 28, 2005 07:53PM

yup, seems to be a pc v. mac thing.

I have an old pc and a mac in my office at work.... i can get the full screen video (even saw the "full screen" button) on the pc but not the mac.
hopefully this will eliminate video freezes when i try to do other things on my computer.

Let's Go Red!!

Rita

Date: October 28, 2005 08:07PM

does anyone else's video skip every30 sec or so? the audio keeps going but the video won't keep up

Posted by: Molly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 08:09PM

It's been happening to others with NE Comcast as well--although, as I type this, I lost audio and now only have video... screwy

Date: October 28, 2005 08:38PM

Rita, I've got a PC, so it's not just a Mac problem. On the other hand, the full screen zoom option suddenly started working (after I'd fussed with Media Player a bit), so maybe it's an outdated MP thing after all. Glad you too now have full screen access.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 09:05AM

To go full-screen, you can also just try double-clicking on the image.

Video "freeze-ups"
Date: October 29, 2005 09:12AM

Not sure I can explain this, but I fixed the recurring problem I was having with video "freeze-ups" by restarting the player. After doing that, everything was just fine.

Re: All-Access Questions - How-To Guide
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 09:21AM

Here's a guide to making the Webcasts work better:

Be patient.

Have low expectations.

Restart the video feed. Just don't expect it to come back instantly.

Reboot your computer. " " "

Light and sound move at different speeds, so don't always expect the audio to be in sync with the video.

The red light flashing indicates you just missed another Cornell goal, or the webcast missed it for you. Click the instant replay button in the lower left corner to see the previous 30 seconds of action.

... but seriously, your computer's power should be able to handle the streaming feed without problems, so the problem is usually out of your control. It's not a Time-Warner sucks, no actually Comcast sucks worse issue. It's just the state of the Internet circa 2005.

It's not a bad idea to disable utilities you don't need, mostly as a convenience, to avoid an anti-virus scan just when Pegoraro starts another rush up ice, or AIM popping up, or the screensaver kicking in.

[Just kidding on instant replay.]

Date: October 29, 2005 06:26PM

Question for the eLynah Mac/computer experts: Is there any way to get the full screen option of WMP to work for the webcast? Since we are forced to use WMP 9, I have yet to find the necessary "trick" (assuming it can be done, that is) and I'm w/out a mouse for my laptop. Any help would be appreciated. thanks and Let's Go Red!
~ben '03

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 06:30PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

Question for the eLynah Mac/computer experts: Is there any way to get the full screen option of WMP to work for the webcast? Since we are forced to use WMP 9, I have yet to find the necessary "trick" (assuming it can be done, that is) and I'm w/out a mouse for my laptop. Any help would be appreciated. thanks and Let's Go Red!
~ben '03[/q]

Try double-clicking on the video image (I'm assuming you have a touchpad or equivalent for your laptop). Or activate the contextual menu on the video image, and go to zoom --> full screen. I use WMP 9 and those both work for me.

Date: October 29, 2005 06:39PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:
Try double-clicking on the video image (I'm assuming you have a touchpad or equivalent for your laptop). Or activate the contextual menu on the video image, and go to zoom --> full screen. I use WMP 9 and those both work for me.[/q]
nope, no luck with that. is it possible it is a mac/pc thing?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 06:39PM

Anybody else still failing to get the game feed?

I assume pre-game should be running now, but WMP doesn't load anything.

Edit: Never mind...just came on as I posted this.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2005 06:40PM by Jordan 04.

Date: October 29, 2005 06:40PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:

Anybody else still failing to get the game feed?

I assume pre-game should be running now, but WMP doesn't load anything.[/q]
Nope. My WMP just says "Ready." What time did it come on last night?

Date: October 29, 2005 06:49PM

Broadcast on now at 6:49--and perhaps before.

Posted by: jeffdav_CU91 (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 06:53PM

I'm still seeing 'Ready'.

Last night the feed started way early - 6:25 or so.

The audio feed is there however.

???

Posted by: jeffdav_CU91 (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 07:02PM

nevermind - just kicked in

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 07:10PM

So I guess everyone's broadcast is working?

Mine will say "playing" for a few seconds but then just says "ready"

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 07:10PM

Instant replay button??

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nrp4.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 07:27PM

[Q]A-ron Wrote:

So I guess everyone's broadcast is working?

Mine will say "playing" for a few seconds but then just says "ready"[/q]

I'm having the same problem.

Date: October 29, 2005 07:30PM

does anyone know how quickly games are archived? i have to leave for a dinner reservation and will be back soon after the game ends, so i'm curious if i can keep the suspense and watch periods 2/3 tonight

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: October 29, 2005 07:54PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

~ben '03[/q]

From the CSTV FAQ:

5. Can I watch my game feed in my computer's media player, or do I have to use the CSTV.com-provided one?

You can watch the game in your computer's stand alone media player if you prefer.

If you are using Windows Media format, use the following process:

1. Right-click on the media player functions in the CSTV.com Media Player and select Properties.
   2. In the File tab, to the right of Location, you will find the URL. Copy the entire URL.
   3. Then, launch your Windows Media Player from your Start menu.
   4. In the Windows Media Player, pull down the File menu and select Open URL.
   5. Paste the URL into the URL value box and click OK.

This needs to performed quickly or else the authentication will time out. Playing the
game in the stand alone player is useful for resizing the picture to the size of your
choice. To resize the picture, simply click and drag the corner of the media player. 

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 07:57PM

Anyone having problems with the picture freezing up? I just started All-Access today and turned the game on towards the end of the first period. My sound cuts out and comes back occassionally, but what is really annoying is that I can't seem to keep a moving picture for more than a few seconds at a time. The sound keeps going and I am stuck with a still shot of something 1 1/2 minutes ago.

Date: October 29, 2005 08:07PM

I can reclick on the camera icon and it will buffer and start moving again, but it is not very entertaining to have to do this every minute or two.
Sometimes I have to completely exit everything and start over again. I am screwing around about 3 minutes for every minute of game I am seeing if not worse.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2005 08:09PM by cth95.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: October 29, 2005 08:14PM

[Q]cth95 Wrote:

Anyone having problems with the picture freezing up? I just started All-Access today and turned the game on towards the end of the first period. My sound cuts out and comes back occassionally, but what is really annoying is that I can't seem to keep a moving picture for more than a few seconds at a time. The sound keeps going and I am stuck with a still shot of something 1 1/2 minutes ago.[/q]

I have been having the same problem, along with Al, and probably a few others.

I suspect there is a problem at the source, because I have zero packet loss and 30 seconds of buffering and still see the problem.

Kyle

Date: October 29, 2005 08:35PM

i didn't have that problem last night OR tonight (on someone else's computer). can't think what the problem would be, though.

Date: October 29, 2005 08:39PM

Being a little more patient now. Still some freeze up, but am starting to get continous flow for more than a minute or less at a time. Is annoying to be watching a chronological collage of the game as often as actual video, though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login