Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Michigan State cheers

Posted by Jacob '06 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Maize & Blue
Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 03:56PM

AND it's Halloween weekend - call it a costume.

Re: Michigan State cheers
Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 04:49PM

One idea. On the Hey Vicari, your mother called... chant, throw in a Hey Vicari, Michigan called... line? Not exactly brilliant, but it could work.

Re: Maize & Blue
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 05:39PM

I agree, affecting the opposing team is a laudable goal. I just don't think that people wearing Michigan gear will have any such affect. If I were taking the ice for the Spartans I think I might be a little annoyed by a couple of references to the Wolverines (e.g. playing Victors, yelling "You couldn't get into UM";) but a full court press of UM comments and attire would seem lame. But YMMV so do what you think is right - I won't be anywhere near Lynah to give you a hard time for what you do anyway. :`(

Vicari-oops!
Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: October 29, 2005 10:59AM

I think someone should make up a sign for tonight based on "Vicari-oops". Something like "Hey, Michigan: live Vicari-oops-ly, DIE Vicari-oops-ly"

Posted by: JimHyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 11:21AM

Did anyone hear the pregame with MSU coach? I thought he said we wouldn't be allowed to play in their league. Related to our "aggressive style of play"?

If so, someone on the student side could make a sign to the effect: If you think we couldn't play in your league, you couldn't get admitted to our league.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 12:03PM

The bald chants last night were excellent. Now that I sit a mere four rows behind the visitors' bench, I had a perfect view of the back of Comley's head. Tonight, someone on the student side has to do the following:

(point to Schafer) "Good hairline!"
(point to Comley) "Bad hairline!"

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 12:14PM

For those of us who didn't have the pleasure of being there (and since the webcast turned down the crowd noise (which is understandable) ), anyone want to share the best cheers of the night? :-D

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 12:14PM

[Q]JimHyla Wrote:

Did anyone hear the pregame with MSU coach? I thought he said we wouldn't be allowed to play in their league. Related to our "aggressive style of play"?
[/q]

I definitely heard a similar type statement and had a similar "excuse me?" type reaction. But I'll withhold judgment because I don't remember the exact quote. I guess we could load up the archive and see.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 12:23PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

For those of us who didn't have the pleasure of being there (and since the webcast turned down the crowd noise (which is understandable) ), anyone want to share the best cheers of the night? [/q]

"Harry Potter Clap clap clap clap clap"

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 12:25PM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:

For those of us who didn't have the pleasure of being there (and since the webcast turned down the crowd noise (which is understandable) ), anyone want to share the best cheers of the night? [/Q]
"Harry Potter Clap clap clap clap clap"[/q]

laugh

Date: October 29, 2005 12:44PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

For those of us who didn't have the pleasure of being there (and since the webcast turned down the crowd noise (which is understandable) ), anyone want to share the best cheers of the night? [/q]

I liked it when section B called Jeff Lerg, MSU's backup sieve, "fat" as he skated off the ice at the end of a period. (At least that's what I heard, since he really did appear fat, though I imagine that was just padding and such.)

Also, the two signs in front of section A--"Forget Miller Time" and "I'll Have a Moulson"--were very good.

Date: October 29, 2005 01:36PM

Will - can you get a "BALD GUY" sign and hold it above their bench?

Date: October 29, 2005 01:52PM

[Q]Ack Wrote:

Will - can you get a "BALD GUY" sign and hold it above their bench?[/q]

I'm sure gonna try. (If it doesn't say "Bald Guy", it'll say something similar.)

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 01:52PM

[Q]Will Wrote:
I liked it when section B called Jeff Lerg, MSU's backup sieve, "fat" as he skated off the ice at the end of a period. (At least that's what I heard, since he really did appear fat, though I imagine that was just padding and such.)

Also, the two signs in front of section A--"Forget Miller Time" and "I'll Have a Moulson"--were very good.[/q]

Hehe. And those are good signs (and could possibly be used in the future, as Miller is a rather common name).

Date: October 29, 2005 01:55PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:

JimHyla Wrote:

[/Q]
I definitely heard a similar type statement and had a similar "excuse me?" type reaction. But I'll withhold judgment because I don't remember the exact quote. I guess we could load up the archive and see.
[/q]

Without loading the archive, I remember him saying that Cornell wouldn't be allowed to play in their league (possibly "out west";) because of our physical style. Apparently the refs wouldn't allow us to get away with it.

Even if it isn't exact, I think a sign referencing that would be very good.

Date: October 29, 2005 01:58PM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:

Without loading the archive, I remember him saying that Cornell wouldn't be allowed to play in their league (possibly "out west";) because of our physical style. Apparently the refs wouldn't allow us to get away with it.

Even if it isn't exact, I think a sign referencing that would be very good.
[/q]

"Cornell: Out of Your League"

This sign can also be reused for other nonconference games.

Date: October 29, 2005 02:45PM

"Too Rough for (MS)U"

Date: October 29, 2005 03:00PM

[Q]Ack Wrote:

"Too Rough for (MS)U"[/q]

Or several signs :) Good ones, boys. Perhaps also something telling Potter he's a goon?

Date: October 29, 2005 03:28PM

I've got mine:

"MSUcks"

Posted by: john (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 29, 2005 03:37PM

you are bald! You are bald...

Posted by: KP '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 03:44PM

Male pattern bald-ness! ::clap, clap, clapclapclap::

Date: October 29, 2005 03:57PM

baaaaaallll-dingggg

Date: October 29, 2005 05:35PM

Anything I need to know about holding up a sign behind the visitors' bench? Like, will I get in trouble if I only hold it up during breaks in play (thus not blocking anyone's view of the game)?

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 05:39PM

will,

how come you are on the townie side of the rink this year? graduated and live in ithaca?

i went back for the harvard game @ lynah last year and what frustrated me the most was that i could not stand up in section O (thanks, harvard athletics!). but it was a good opportunity to see the student section from the other side.

-mike

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 09:52AM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:
The MSU guys wouldn't get it, but "Good Lansing...Bad Lansing" might have some (weak) possibilities.[/q]

Heh. I actually used that when someone from Lansing, MI won the 50/50. All I got was an eyeroll.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: October 31, 2005 06:40PM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

will,

how come you are on the townie side of the rink this year? graduated and live in ithaca?
[/q]

I meant to answer this before, but when last I tried, ELF crashed. The answer is that, technically, I haven't been a student for the past two years (I've basically been just an Ithaca resident since 2003), so I've basically been leeching off my friends who are/were still students to get into the home games in the student sections. With two tickets per line number, it was easy. So, this year, with one ticket per line number, I got screwed. I guess I can't hate it too much, since student tickets really should go to students. But, at the same time, if I may be so bold, I feel some students could benefit from my cheering/goalie-taunting guidance. :-D Yeah, I'm a little full of myself here. It's okay, though. Now that I'm in M (at least for this year, and I have a friend of a friend to thank for that), I'll have a whole new job as Sign Guy, a whole new section to hopefully energize, and a whole new demographic to directly annoy (thus far, bald coaches).

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login