Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Recruits...

Posted by ithacat 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Recruits...
Posted by: pfibiger (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2005 12:54AM

also, here's an article about Colin Greening:

[www.nanaimobulletin.com]

A few days before the Nanaimo Clippers' recent skills competition, the News Bulletin asked defenceman Trevor Verwolf to handicap the field. Who would win fastest skater?
"Greening," Verwolf replied, without hesitation.
And the hardest shot?
"Greening again. Probably Greening for everything."
It's clear there's a special talent in the lineup each night that forward Colin Greening pulls on his No. 15 sweater.

UCC team's tournament schedule in the U.S. gave him the opportunity to play in front of college scouts. By the end of his first year in Toronto, he had attracted interest from at least 10 U.S. colleges. At the start of his second year at UCC, Greening committed to Cornell.
"They're not only looking for (conference) championships, but national championships," he said. "They have top-of-the-line facilities, their winning record's great, they have a great campus, it's an Ivy League school. I responded well to the guys down there; they're guys a lot like me, a lot of Canadians. It just felt right."

Cornell also gave Greening the freedom to make his own decisions. The coaches told him they would love to have him this season, but pointed out that a year of junior hockey might serve him well. The U.S. Hockey League was one possibility, but Cornell also suggested the BCHL, specifically, Nanaimo.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2005 01:02AM

Chris Heisenberg's blog [hockeyrecruits.blogspot.com] mentions that Cornell is in the hunt for Cody Goloubef, a defenseman for the Milton Icehawks (OPJHL). Also in the hunt are several other schools (Maine, New Hampshire, Boston University, Ohio State, Miami of Ohio, and Notre Dame). Since he was born in late 1989, it's probably not for next fall. His page at the Icehawks' site [www.miltonicehawks.com].

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: December 14, 2005 01:59AM

[Q]ursaminor Wrote:

Chris Heisenberg's blog mentions that Cornell is in the hunt for Cody Goloubef, a defenseman for the Milton Icehawks (OPJHL). Also in the hunt are several other schools (Maine, New Hampshire, Boston University, Ohio State, Miami of Ohio, and Notre Dame). Since he was born in late 1989, it's probably not for next fall. His page at the Icehawks' site .

[/q]

Heisenberg lists him as a 2007 recruit so you're right. He is ranked second in the OPJHL for what it's worth.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: December 14, 2005 10:39AM

[Q]ursaminor Wrote:
Since he was born in late 1989[/q]

God, I feel old...

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: December 14, 2005 10:55AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

ursaminor Wrote:
Since he was born in late 1989[/Q]
God, I feel old...[/q]

You feel old? I haven't cleaned my apartment since he was born. :-P

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2005 03:10PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
God, I feel old...[/q]
Yeah? Well, wait 'til someone says it's been "forever" since you graduated. ;-)

Date: December 14, 2005 06:43PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Trotsky Wrote:
God, I feel old...[/Q]
Yeah? Well, wait 'til someone says it's been "forever" since you graduated.[/q]

It's already been 7 years since a parent sidled up to me in the stands during warmup and asked, "which one is yours?" :-(

Posted by: ithacat (---.lightlink.com)
Date: December 15, 2005 07:43AM

Phil,

It looks like Joe hasn't played in the last 4 games, any word?

I also saw where Joe's teammate, Brian Stewart committed to NMU. Stewart's having a great year thus far for the Bulldogs.

Date: December 15, 2005 10:08AM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

Phil,

It looks like Joe hasn't played in the last 4 games, any word?

I also saw where Joe's teammate, Brian Stewart committed to NMU. Stewart's having a great year thus far for the Bulldogs.

[/q]

Yeah, Joe Scali is injured..it's undisclosed, but I read that he's likely out until the end of January.

Also of note, I read a recap of a Bobcats game that talked about how Tony Romano has been playing through an injury for the last month or so. I realize it's against inferior competition, but it puts his stats in an even better light.

Blake Gallagher has not been listed on the roster for a bunch of games for the Hounds. He played well at the Prospects game, but I wonder if he too isn't fighting some sort of injury.

Finally, looking into the future..Brendon Nash's little brother Riley is 16 and a very good hockey (and lacrosse) player. Let's hope he's as academically inclined as his brother. He was selected for a BC Midget Hockey All-Star game, but had to decline because he's attending the World Under 17 Hockey Challenge with Team Pacific.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 15, 2005 04:06PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

of note:

I saw on USCHO that Richard Bachman (the goalie from Cushing mentioned here a while ago) is deciding between Cornell, Colorado College, and Harvard. He's on the NHL Central Scouting players to watch list as a B (just like Blake Gallagher and Brendon Nash)[/q]

According to Heisenberg's site, Bachman chose Collorado College.

Date: December 15, 2005 04:08PM

This appears in Heisenberg's Recruiting Blog...

[Q]Also having decided on a college route recently was Trent Palm from the US National Program, who chose to remain home at Minnesota Duluth rather than take offers from Cornell, Harvard and Providence.[/Q]

Date: December 15, 2005 04:09PM

This appears in Heisenberg's Recruiting Blog...

[Q]Also having decided on a college route recently was Trent Palm from the US National Program, who chose to remain home at Minnesota Duluth rather than take offers from Cornell, Harvard and Providence.[/Q]

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: December 15, 2005 05:56PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

According to Heisenberg's site, Bachman chose Collorado College. [/q]

A bit of good news, after we lost out on yet another goaltender. The BCHL announced the teams for their All-Star game:

Colin Greening and Joe Scali both made the Coastal Conference All-Stars (not 1st or 2nd team), and Brendon Nash was named 2nd team defenseman in the Interior Conference.

Posted by: bothman (---.allfirst.com)
Date: December 16, 2005 10:04AM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

redhair34 Wrote:

According to Heisenberg's site, Bachman chose Collorado College. [/Q]
A bit of good news, after we lost out on yet another goaltender. The BCHL announced the teams for their All-Star game:

Colin Greening and Joe Scali both made the Coastal Conference All-Stars (not 1st or 2nd team), and Brendon Nash was named 2nd team defenseman in the Interior Conference.[/q]

Yes, but I heard it was down to CC & Harvard and he chose CC so good news for Cornell. I don't think that Cornell was really in the running.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (192.150.93.---)
Date: December 16, 2005 11:19AM

[Q]bothman Wrote:

pfibiger Wrote:

redhair34 Wrote:

Colin Greening and Joe Scali both made the Coastal Conference All-Stars (not 1st or 2nd team), and Brendon Nash was named 2nd team defenseman in the Interior Conference.[/Q]
Yes, but I heard it was down to CC & Harvard and he chose CC so good news for Cornell. I don't think that Cornell was really in the running.[/q]

I dunno that that's good news for CU in the long run. Everyone on our side of the family benefits from blue chippers going to the ECACHL, even the ones that end up at H or CCT.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: bothman (---.allfirst.com)
Date: December 16, 2005 11:40AM

Agreed. I would rather see a recruit go to Cornell than to Michigan or Wisconsin. I want to see the level of talent sway back to the East.....even if that means some of it has to go to Ithaca. An all WCHA Frozen 4 just doesn't do it for me....

Date: December 16, 2005 12:12PM

A guy that I talk to on a regular basis who knows junior hockey inside and out is getting very worried for Cornell's goaltending situation and suggested that they perhaps take Davenport back. Interesting idea.

Date: December 16, 2005 12:18PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

A guy that I talk to on a regular basis who knows junior hockey inside and out is getting very worried for Cornell's goaltending situation and suggested that they perhaps take Davenport back. Interesting idea.[/q]

Are his fears predicated on McKee not coming back? Also, how many years of eligibility does Davenport have? 3?

Date: December 16, 2005 12:20PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

A guy that I talk to on a regular basis who knows junior hockey inside and out is getting very worried for Cornell's goaltending situation and suggested that they perhaps take Davenport back. Interesting idea.[/Q]
Are his fears predicated on McKee not coming back? Also, how many years of eligibility does Davenport have? 3?[/q]

I think his fears are more centered around McKee graduating after next year and there being no apparent successor (DiLeo is not it). I don't think anyone is concerned about McKee not coming back with his performance thus far in the season. Davenport would have to sit out a year, BUT if he came back to Cornell I would assume that he could play right away.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 01:12PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:
I think his fears are more centered around McKee graduating after next year and there being no apparent successor (DiLeo is not it). I don't think anyone is concerned about McKee not coming back with his performance thus far in the season. Davenport would have to sit out a year, BUT if he came back to Cornell I would assume that he could play right away. [/q]

Hasn't Troy Davenport already sat out nearly all of that year? I think (but am not 100% certain) that he would be eligible to play for any Division I team in the spring semester.

That aside, what kind of message about commitment to the team would it send if the coaching staff were to allow Troy Davenport to return to the team?

Date: December 16, 2005 01:15PM

[q]Hasn't Troy Davenport already sat out nearly all of that year? I think (but am not 100% certain) that he would be eligible to play for any Division I team in the spring semester.

That aside, what kind of message about commitment to the team would it send if the coaching staff were to allow Troy Davenport to return to the team?[/q]

Yeah I'm pretty sure the coaching staff was rather miffed that Davenport hung the team out to dry like that. The only way I see Davenport returning (assuming he wants to) is if we are very desparate.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2005 04:01PM by CowbellGuy.

Date: December 16, 2005 03:54PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:
Hasn't Troy Davenport already sat out nearly all of that year? I think (but am not 100% certain) that he would be eligible to play for any Division I team in the spring semester.

That aside, what kind of message about commitment to the team would it send if the coaching staff were to allow Troy Davenport to return to the team?[/Q]
Yeah I'm pretty sure the coaching staff was rather miffed that Davenport hung the team out to dry like that. The only way I see Davenport returning (assuming he wants to) is if we are very desparate.

He will have to sit out AFTER he transfers I believe.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2005 04:17PM by CowbellGuy.

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 05:20PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

He will have to sit out AFTER he transfers I believe.[/q]

Yeah, but since he's playing in the USHL (I think?) that wouldn't be a "transfer" from one NCAA program to another. I honestly don't know the exact rule, but I would think that wouldn't require a period of sitting out. It'd be as if he took a year off from schooling.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2005 10:53PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

According to Heisenberg's site, Bachman chose Collorado College. [/q]

That would be too bad. Do you have a link? I don't see it on his site or blog.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 10:55PM

it's on the site. Although it says he committed for 2007.

Date: December 16, 2005 10:56PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

redhair34 Wrote:

[/q]

It's there
[members.aol.com]

Date: December 16, 2005 11:00PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

Yeah, Joe Scali is injured..it's undisclosed, but I read that he's likely out until the end of January.

Also of note, I read a recap of a Bobcats game that talked about how Tony Romano has been playing through an injury for the last month or so. I realize it's against inferior competition, but it puts his stats in an even better light.

Blake Gallagher has not been listed on the roster for a bunch of games for the Hounds. He played well at the Prospects game, but I wonder if he too isn't fighting some sort of injury.

Finally, looking into the future..Brendon Nash's little brother Riley is 16 and a very good hockey (and lacrosse) player. Let's hope he's as academically inclined as his brother. He was selected for a BC Midget Hockey All-Star game, but had to decline because he's attending the World Under 17 Hockey Challenge with Team Pacific.[/q]

That's too bad about Scali, he was having a solid year.

Romano seems to be healthy...6 goals and 4 assists in 2 games last weekend.

Gallagher played 2 games for the AAA Hounds last week. It seems when he's not playing for the big Hounds he's playing for the pups. I don't fully understand the age/out-of-Province rule that seems to dictate he only play so many games for the Hounds. He did have a goal and 2 assists in those games.

I didn't know that Riley Nash was Brendon's brother...interesting.

Thanks for the updates.

Date: December 16, 2005 11:04PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:

redhair34 Wrote:

[/Q]
It's there
[/q]

Yep -- I needed to refresh...thanks. Is there a goalie boycott of Cornell?:`(

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: December 16, 2005 11:12PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

redhair34 Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:

redhair34 Wrote:

[/Q]
It's there
[/Q]
Yep -- I needed to refresh...thanks. Is there a goalie boycott of Cornell? [/q]I wonder the same thing myself. It can't be all wrapped up in McKee, considering some of these kids are committing for the year after next. And even if it were, I'm surprised some of the better talents aren't smelling his blood in the water.

Perhaps potential goaltenders, like Chris Higgins, aren't looking for how far a program can take them but how much they themselves can be superstars within that program. It's a superficial consideration but it's the only one I can think of.

Date: December 16, 2005 11:17PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

A guy that I talk to on a regular basis who knows junior hockey inside and out is getting very worried for Cornell's goaltending situation and suggested that they perhaps take Davenport back. Interesting idea.[/q]

I keep getting a sour feeling in my belly when another goalie selects anyone but Cornell. There's still some kids out there but it seems they may be on plan C or...

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 17, 2005 12:02AM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

I keep getting a sour feeling in my belly when another goalie selects anyone but Cornell. There's still some kids out there but it seems they may be on plan C or...

[/q]

And this point I wouldn't be suprised if Schafer just decided to forget it and try again next year.

It brings an interesting thought to mind, and I might get some criticism for saying this but I'm just throwing it out for some topic of discussion, just thinking aloud... I've been on the record before as not really likin that Schafer has been playing one goalie 100% for the last 2+ years. Although I won't pretend for a second that I saw this coming, could this be a downside of that strategy? I'm figure if Davenport had been getting some ice time, he's still be here. And no goalie wants to come now, probably because they figure they'll just be riding the pine for a year and then thrust into the spotlight?

I understand the Schafer mentality of 'best chance to win everynight', but perhaps that's going for the short term and foresaking the longer term. Maybe you need to play a worse goalie in the short term for a longer term benefit. Perhaps he'll have to reconsider his strategy after this experience? Will he? Should he?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 01:53AM

I think Schafer makes goaltending decisions appropriate for the talent he's got. He platooned Skazyk and Elliott, Elliott and Pelletier, Burt and Underhill, and Underhill and LeNeveu. But when he's got one guy who's head and shoulders above the rest (Elliott, LeNeveu, and McKee in the appropriate years) he sticks with him. I personally would feel more comfortable if he gave the backup a little ice time even in those years (when Elliott went down and Burt had to come in cold, it was pretty much our nightmare scenario, although Ian can't really be blamed for six straight one-goal losses), but given that he's coached us to four more ECAC titles than I have, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Posted by: ebilmes (69.37.11.---)
Date: December 17, 2005 11:05AM

This doesn't deserve its own thread, but does anyone know exactly what happened with McKeown? This might have been discussed at some point, but he's not on the roster this year.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 01:32PM

[Q]ebilmes Wrote:

This doesn't deserve its own thread, but does anyone know exactly what happened with McKeown? This might have been discussed at some point, but he's not on the roster this year.[/q]

He left school after last year.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 02:26PM

any idea where/what he is doing now?

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 06:50PM

Congratulations, by the way, ebilmes. :-D

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: December 17, 2005 06:55PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Congratulations, by the way, ebilmes.

Beeeej[/q]

Man, you don't miss anything...:-)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 06:57PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:
Beeeej Wrote:
Congratulations, by the way, ebilmes.[/Q]
Man, you don't miss anything... [/q]

Well, in fairness, he's a relative, so I knew even before I double-checked his user profile. ;-)

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ebilmes (69.37.11.---)
Date: December 17, 2005 07:02PM

Thanks, everyone. :-D

Posted by: Puzzler (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: December 17, 2005 07:10PM

Mckeown was still at Cornell until November when he took a leave of absence. He was commuting back and forth and playing in Niagara Falls where he is an Asst Captain of the team...After 24 games he has 33 points and still one of the hardesr hitters around. He has been to other schools who have asked for permission to talk to him and will be playing university hockey somewhere next year......he did not want to leave Cornell but wasnt in the coaching staff's plans anymore.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: December 17, 2005 07:50PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:
Beeeej Wrote:
Congratulations, by the way, ebilmes.[/Q]
Man, you don't miss anything... [/Q]
Well, in fairness, he's a relative, so I knew even before I double-checked his user profile.
[/q]

Oh, Christ, 88 is a birth year, isn't it? Damn, I'm old. help

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 18, 2005 12:11PM

[Q]Puzzler Wrote:

Mckeown was still at Cornell until November when he took a leave of absence. He was commuting back and forth and playing in Niagara Falls where he is an Asst Captain of the team...After 24 games he has 33 points and still one of the hardesr hitters around. He has been to other schools who have asked for permission to talk to him and will be playing university hockey somewhere next year......he did not want to leave Cornell but wasnt in the coaching staff's plans anymore.[/q]

Do you know what kind of a league he's playing in right now? Something amateur, I'm sure, but what is it precisely?

Date: December 18, 2005 12:14PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Puzzler Wrote:

Mckeown was still at Cornell until November when he took a leave of absence. He was commuting back and forth and playing in Niagara Falls where he is an Asst Captain of the team...After 24 games he has 33 points and still one of the hardesr hitters around. He has been to other schools who have asked for permission to talk to him and will be playing university hockey somewhere next year......he did not want to leave Cornell but wasnt in the coaching staff's plans anymore.[/Q]
Do you know what kind of a league he's playing in right now? Something amateur, I'm sure, but what is it precisely?[/q]

Looks like he's playing Jr. B in the Golden Horseshoe league of the OHL, same as he was playing in before he came to Cornell.

[nfcanucks.net]

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: December 29, 2005 12:26PM

I don't think that anyone has reported here on this year's Viking Cup in Camrose, Alberta. [www.vikingcup.com]

The US beat Slovakia 8-4 in their first game on Monday. Tony Romano had a goal and Justin Milo had two assists. Milo also had a slashing penalty. [www.vikingcup.com]

On Tuesday, the US beat Germany 7-2. Milo had a goal and an assist. [www.vikingcup.com]

The US plays Switzerland today.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.bflony.adelphia.net)
Date: December 31, 2005 12:28AM

ursaminor
I don't think that anyone has reported here on this year's Viking Cup in Camrose, Alberta. [www.vikingcup.com]

The US beat Slovakia 8-4 in their first game on Monday. Tony Romano had a goal and Justin Milo had two assists. Milo also had a slashing penalty. [www.vikingcup.com]

On Tuesday, the US beat Germany 7-2. Milo had a goal and an assist. [www.vikingcup.com]

Milo is leading the US team in points
[www.vikingcup.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2005 12:28AM by redhair34.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: December 31, 2005 09:40AM

redhair34
ursaminor

Milo is leading the US team in points
[www.vikingcup.com]

Milo picked up another goal against Switzerland. He is now tied for 3rd on the team in scoring, I believe. Okposo, Dobson, and Arhontas each had good games from a scoring perspective.

Posted by: Cornell Goalie Recruit? (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 31, 2005 05:10PM

[www.grandforks.com]

Brad Theissen, down to Cornell and Dakota.

Date: December 31, 2005 11:19PM

Cornell Goalie Recruit?
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/colleges/university_of_north_dakota/13521579.htm

Brad Theissen, down to Cornell and Dakota.

Nice find...he's having a very good year for Prince George.

[www.bchl.bc.ca]

Tony Romano...
Date: December 31, 2005 11:24PM

scored the game-winning goal and picked up 4 assists in the USA's 9-5 win over Finland today. Justin Milo also had a goal in today's game.

After 4 games Justin & Tony are tied for the team points lead with Kyle Okposo (Minnesota signee). Each player has picked up 6 points in the tournament thus far.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2005 11:36PM by ithacat.

Posted by: bigred06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 01, 2006 01:55AM

We need this goalie were running out of goalie prospects.
first post of 06

Posted by: bigred06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 01, 2006 01:56AM

first post of 06.

Date: January 01, 2006 12:52PM

bigred06
first post of 06.

There are still, of course, a lot of kids out there who are having solid seasons and who are on the radar screen. How many of these kids can qualify for Cornell is beyond me. Still, here's a partial list of kids who are still under 20 and, I believe, uncommitted:

USHL:
Alex Kangas, Sioux Falls (having a great season)
John Murray, Sioux Falls (no wonder this team is dominating the league)
Aaron Rock, Tri-City (little under the radar; could be a 2007 kid)
Steve Jakiel, Lincoln (committed to Michigan last year -- Cornell was in the running -- but did not sign during the fall period. Don't know if that means he's reconsidering options given Sauer's solid play)

NAHL:
Bryce Christianson, Fairbanks (a kid from Alaska...nah; could be a 2007 recruit)
Matt Dalton, Bozeman (leads the league in everything; from Ontario)
Troy Redmann, (hey, plays for Texas --sound familiar? How about that last name...)

SJHL:
Brett Bothwell, Yorkton (strong season for a good team)
Russel Monette, Weyburn (strong season for a weak team)

AJHL:
Ben Scrivens, Spruce Grove (one of the better goalies in the league)

BCHL:
Brad Thiessen, Prince George (strong season for a so-so team; Cornell's still in the running)

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 01, 2006 02:16PM

bigred06
first post of 06.
This was not the first post of 2006. It wasn't even the first post of 2006 with this exact text.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: January 01, 2006 05:40PM

For those who get visceral pleasure/pain from the slide of the sands of the hourglass, Theissen was born five days after Chris Grenier's ECAC championship-winning overtime goal against Clarkson at Boston Garden (and six days after the greatest Cornell game I ever witnessed).

Date: January 01, 2006 10:23PM

Blake Gallagher was named to the SJHL All-Star team.

[www.sjhl.sk.ca]

Date: January 02, 2006 11:47AM

pfibiger
Blake Gallagher was named to the SJHL All-Star team.

[www.sjhl.sk.ca]

Also, Blake leads all SJHL rookies (tied for 5th overall) in goals scored, despite having played far fewer games.

The class is picking up some impressive honors:

Blake Gallagher, SJHL All-Star (Sherwood Conference); CJAHL Prospects Game
Brendon Nash, BCHL All-Star (Interior Conference); CJAHL Prospects Game
Colin Greening, BCHL All-Star (Coastal Conference)
Joe Scali, BCHL All-Star (Coastal Conference)
Justin Milo, Viking Cup
Tony Romano, Viking Cup; AJHL Select All-Stars

I also like that each of these guys, except for Justin, plays for team that is in the Championship race.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.bflony.adelphia.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 01:21PM

mgl11
Latest INCH recuiting notebook:
[www.insidecollegehockey.com]
mentions a kid on the Under 18 team named Luke Popko. Said that he had an unofficial visit to Cornell.

Looks like he is headed to BU according to Heisenberg's site. It's not a big suprise that he's not heading to Ithaca considering the quantity and quality of forwards in next year's incoming class.

Date: January 09, 2006 02:39PM

Still (probably) need a goalie. Can anybody with more time and patience than I publish the short list of G prospects known, suspected, or in some other way connected to having interest in Cornell?

Posted by: pfibiger (66.77.101.---)
Date: January 10, 2006 03:18PM

Trotsky
Still (probably) need a goalie. Can anybody with more time and patience than I publish the short list of G prospects known, suspected, or in some other way connected to having interest in Cornell?

The only name that we've heard that is still uncommitted is Brad Thiessen, who plays for the Prince George Spruce Kings in the BCHL. He's one of the BCHL leaders in SV %, playing on a pretty crappy team, and was selected for the BCHL All-Star game. He's deciding between Cornell and UND, and goes on a visit to UND toward the end of January.

Also, here are updated recruit stats through last weekend. Joe Scali is still out of commission.

Colin Greening..BCHL 39-18-26-44
Blake Gallagher.SJHL 32-20-12-32
Justin Milo.....USHL 28-08-10-18
Brendon Nash....BCHL 33-06-25-31
Anthony Romano..AJHL 31-46-39-85
Joe Scali.......BCHL 31-18-13-31

looks like "pre" tags don't function the same way, and don't respect spaces or tabs anymore.

Date: January 10, 2006 05:30PM

I know juniors numbers don't mean anything, but Romano's are getting pretty freaky.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 10, 2006 06:15PM

A little context on Romano's numbers, from the AJHL website (http://www.ajhlhockey.org/player_statistics.php?leagueid=52)
Player Name......Team Name.........GP..G...A...Pt.Pen.PIM
---------------------------------------------------------
ANTHONY ROMANO...New York Bobcats..24..34..26..60...9..18
Greg Costa.......Boston Bulldogs...25..16..42..58...7..14
MICHAEL COPPOLA..New York Bobcats..24..29..22..51..11..22
Mark Hanscom.....No Team...........23..24..24..48...8..27
P.O. Michaud.....Portland Pirates..24..20..25..45...2...4
---------------------------------------------------------

As has been previously noted on this thread, the 85 point figure posted above includes non-AJHL games, while the above chart only includes AJHL games.

So Romano has 2.5 points per game and is leading his league is scoring, but is neck and neck with his next competitor.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2006 06:32PM by KeithK.

Date: January 10, 2006 07:58PM

Tony & Michaud are the only 88s on that list. Coasta & Coppola are 85s, while Hanscom is an 86er.

Among our recruits' participating leagues, the AJHL is the weakest. I wonder if Tony will be ready to contribute next year given the competition level of the league, though I feel a lot better after his recent performance in the Viking Cup.

Scali is back - Bulldogs win their 15th straight
Posted by: LRT (---.pi.shawcable.net)
Date: January 13, 2006 03:55AM

Joe Scali returned to the Bulldogs lineup tonight and recorded an assist, after missing the last 10 games nursing a lower body injury. Two other injured teammates also returned and the red-hot Dogs posted their 15th consecutive win, 4-1 over the Burnaby Express. Two more games to go this weekend and by then Joe should have shaken off what little rust he may have acquired. Who knows, by next Tuesday the Bulldogs could be the #1 nationally ranked team in Canadian Jr. A hockey. Quite an ascent for a team enjoying a great season.
Like I said before, Jordan Kremyr & Bradyn Melrose - up for grabs - Cornell you paying attention to these two guys at all?

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login