Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Recruits...

Posted by ithacat 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Recruits...
Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 16, 2005 10:49AM

Tony Romano has been invited to try out for the US team in this year's Viking Cup. Here's the link to the blurb, though it doesn't say much more than Tony's been invited along with 3 other AJHL players.
[www.atlantichockey.org]

Still no news on Brendon Nash, who has now missed the last 5 games for the Silverbacks.

Stats are updated (games, goals, assists, and points), expect for Romano's game from yesterday. Milo is getting a ton of shots but not finding the net much at this point -- 11 of his team's 25 yesterday.

Anthony Romano	AJHL		6	8	5	13
Justin Milo	USHL		5	1	3	4
Brendon Nash	BCHL		8	2	5	7 
Colin Greening	BCHL		11	3	7	10	
Blake Gallagher	SJHL		13	13	2	15

Re: Recruits...
Posted by: pfibiger (24.130.191.---)
Date: October 16, 2005 11:53AM

There was an article in the Salmon Arm paper saying that Brendon Nash is day-to-day with a shoulder problem.

Date: October 16, 2005 12:30PM

Thanks...I hope they don't rush him back.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: October 16, 2005 02:25PM

Can we promote Gallagher now? ;-)

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.88.---)
Date: October 16, 2005 02:31PM

Next year's freshmen are going to be unbelievable. Three high-octane offensive players who could all potentially step right in and score at this level. I think we could see a very successful season this year but the dropoff may not come as originally expected.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 16, 2005 03:48PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Next year's freshmen are going to be unbelievable. Three high-octane offensive players who could all potentially step right in and score at this level. I think we could see a very successful season this year but the dropoff may not come as originally expected.[/q]

There was a bit on USHR about how Marc Cheverie, the Nanaimo goaltender who was the SJHL mvp last year, is deciding between Cornell, UND, and Denver. If Cheverie chooses Cornell, and we pick up one more serious defenseman (Chad Morin may still be considering Cornell, and Chay Genoway (brother Colby played at UND) is deciding between Cornell next year and UND in 07-08), I think that Cornell might have one of, if not _the_, best recruiting class in the country.

Date: October 16, 2005 04:16PM

Yeah, a goalie is obviously the top priority right now. And it may not seem as if another defenseman is necessary with 7 returning, you have to think that there is a very real possibility of Pokuluk not returning next season.
And I would have to agree with this recruiting class being among the best in college hockey for next season.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2005 04:20PM by calgARI '07.

Date: October 16, 2005 04:49PM

Romano had a goal & 3 assists yesterday, giving him 9-8-17 in 7 games thus far.

Phil, if we get 2 of those 3 I'd be nearly ecstatic. Keep digging up the news.

Date: October 16, 2005 08:20PM

Romano scored 2 goals on Sunday, so now he's 8-11-8-19

Colin Greening was the #2 star in todays Clippers win, with a goal and 2 assists. His line is 12-4-9-13, and he is now tied for the lead in Clippers scoring.

Date: October 16, 2005 08:33PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

Romano scored 2 goals on Sunday, so now he's 8-11-8-19

Colin Greening was the #2 star in todays Clippers win, with a goal and 2 assists. His line is 12-4-9-13, and he is now tied for the lead in Clippers scoring.[/q]

Great to see that Greening has rebounded from a slow start.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 18, 2005 09:19PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Next year's freshmen are going to be unbelievable. Three high-octane offensive players who could all potentially step right in and score at this level. I think we could see a very successful season this year but the dropoff may not come as originally expected.[/Q]
There was a bit on USHR about how Marc Cheverie, the Nanaimo goaltender who was the SJHL mvp last year, is deciding between Cornell, UND, and Denver. If Cheverie chooses Cornell, and we pick up one more serious defenseman (Chad Morin may still be considering Cornell, and Chay Genoway (brother Colby played at UND) is deciding between Cornell next year and UND in 07-08), I think that Cornell might have one of, if not _the_, best recruiting class in the country.[/q]

"Viper rookie d-man Chay Genoway, a Manitoba product, will go on October flydowns to the University of North Dakota (Fighting Sioux want him for the 2007-08 season) and Cornell (Big Red want him next year)."

[www.bchl.bc.ca]

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: October 20, 2005 11:32AM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

Tony Romano has been invited to try out for the US team in this year's Viking Cup. Here's the link to the blurb, though it doesn't say much more than Tony's been invited along with 3 other AJHL players.
[/q]

Justin Milo was also invited to the same tryout camp. 24 forwards were invited (as well as 12 defensemen [Chad Morin was invited] and 6 goaltenders), and the roster will be reduced to 22 (so I assume 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goaltenders). Justin and Tony only need to be in the top half of the best 24 pre-college forwards in the US to make the team :)

Posted by: ithacat (68.252.65.---)
Date: October 20, 2005 11:39AM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:

[/Q]
Justin Milo was also invited to the same tryout camp. 24 forwards were invited (as well as 12 defensemen and 6 goaltenders), and the roster will be reduced to 22 (so I assume 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goaltenders). Justin and Tony only need to be in the top half of the best 24 pre-college forwards in the US to make the team[/q]

Great news...on a related note: Nash returned to the ice last night.

Date: October 20, 2005 11:40AM

Also, a stats update (Tony Romano was certainly busy in his 4 non-conf games).

Anthony Romano	AJHL		8	11	8	19
Anthony Romano	Total*		12	19	15	34
Justin Milo	USHL		5	1	3	4
Brendon Nash	BCHL		9	2	6	8 
Colin Greening	BCHL		13	4	13	17	
Blake Gallagher	SJHL		15	13	2	15

*NY Bobcats site reports stats for all games played, including non-AJHL games.

Posted by: bigred06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 22, 2005 01:03PM

Does anybody know where Blake Gallagher ranks for the 2006 NHL entry draft?

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 22, 2005 01:10PM

[Q]bigred06 Wrote:

Does anybody know where Blake Gallagher ranks for the 2006 NHL entry draft?[/q]

I think there was an article posted here a while back where his junior team said he was the best NHL prospect they have seen since Sasha Pokulok.

Posted by: mgl11 (198.16.0.---)
Date: October 26, 2005 10:27AM

Latest INCH recuiting notebook:
[www.insidecollegehockey.com]
mentions a kid on the Under 18 team named Luke Popko. Said that he had an unofficial visit to Cornell.

Anyone notice him during the game? Or hear if his interest in Cornell (and Cornell's in him) is legit?

Date: October 26, 2005 10:49AM

Is there an NCAA distinction betwen "official" and "unofficial" visits (with the former being regulated)?

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: October 26, 2005 11:04AM

[Q]Anyone notice him during the game? Or hear if his interest in Cornell (and Cornell's in him) is legit?[/Q]

I sat next to Atkinson's parents during the game, they also said that Popko was looking at Cornell.

Date: October 26, 2005 07:58PM

[Q]mgl11 Wrote:

Latest INCH recuiting notebook:

mentions a kid on the Under 18 team named Luke Popko. Said that he had an unofficial visit to Cornell.

Anyone notice him during the game? Or hear if his interest in Cornell (and Cornell's in him) is legit?[/q]

Considering his height/weight (5'10, 200 according to Heisenberg's site) and playing style, he sounds like he might be the Chris Abbott replacement (with more offensive upside).

another new recruit
Date: October 26, 2005 08:02PM

There's noise on the BCHL message board that Joe Scali, a LW from the Alberni Valley Bulldogs has committed to Cornell. he's apparently flying down for this weekend's set of games.

6'0", 190lbs, 7th in the BCHL in goal scoring (12 goals, 17 total points in 18 games). It's his 3rd year in the BCHL, and his scoring is dramatically better than before. He's supposed to be fast and a good penalty killer.

[www.albernivalleybulldogs.ca]

now we just need to get McKee's protege signed, and another defenseman or two, since who knows how long Pokulok/O'Byrne will hang around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2005 08:03PM by pfibiger.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2005 08:25PM

Well that would most definitely complete the forward group for next year with 2 LW's, 2 C's (including Fontas), and 2 RW's. A lot of talent there, moreso than any other Cornell recruiting class I have ever seen. As PFibiger said, now we await 2 or 3 more blueliners and an ELITE goalie.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2005 08:28PM

Has there been any news on Morin?

I would assume Morin + Genoway would be quite a coup.

Are there any ELITE goalies left?

Date: October 26, 2005 09:49PM

[Q]Tub(a) Wrote:

Are there any ELITE goalies left?[/q]

Depends what you mean by ELITE? Cheverie is having a very good year thus far in the BCHL, and as has been mentioned is considering Cornell, North Dakota, Denver, and Michigan State. Cushing's Richard Bachman (not entirely sure if that's the correct last name) is reportedly considering Cornell, BC, CC, and H@%*!&^.

Date: October 26, 2005 10:32PM

I think it's safe to say that Cheverie has elite potential.

Date: October 26, 2005 10:38PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

Tub(a) Wrote:

Are there any ELITE goalies left?[/Q]
Depends what you mean by ELITE? Cheverie is having a very good year thus far in the BCHL, and as has been mentioned is considering Cornell, North Dakota, Denver, and Michigan State . Cushing's Richard Bachman (not entirely sure if that's the correct last name) is reportedly considering Cornell, BC, CC, and H@%*!&^. [/q]

I was under the impression that everyone discovered Cheverie's school choices from a USHR article and that it only mentioned Cornell, North Dakota and Denver. Where did you hear about Michigan State? I think the fact that Cornell, North Dakota and Denver are all recruiting this guy suggests that he is the real deal.

Date: October 26, 2005 11:12PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:

Tub(a) Wrote:

Are there any ELITE goalies left?[/Q]
...Where did you hear about Michigan State? I think the fact that Cornell, North Dakota and Denver are all recruiting this guy suggests that he is the real deal.[/q]

USHR, Oct. 1st note.

Date: October 26, 2005 11:16PM

[Q]Tub(a) Wrote:
Are there any ELITE goalies left?[/q]

As others have said, Cheverie is without question an elite goalie. #1 in GAA and #2 in SV in the BCHL as a rookie. My fingers are crossed after we lost out on both Sauer and Jakiel to Michigan. The fact that Denver's Mannino and UND's Parise are both sophomores makes me feel even better about our chances. Both of those schools have solid #1s which would give Cheverie two years to ride the pine. At Cornell, if he's really the stud that he appears to be, he could get some games as a freshman and then take over the position as a soph.

I don't know much about Bachmeier from Cushing, but based on Heisenberg's rankings of the NE prep goalies, he sounds like he might be Plan B.

And the article said that Genoway was going on October flydowns. If he hasn't been to Cornell yet, it'll be this weekend. Maybe we'll hear something soon.

Journal article on Sam Paolini
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2005 06:46AM

[theithacajournal.com]

Re: Journal article on Sam Paolini
Posted by: jack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 27, 2005 06:49PM

From what I hear Chad Morin is seriously considering Vermont.

Date: November 01, 2005 05:36PM

Another stat update. Blake Gallagher hasn't played in the last few games for Notre Dame, he may be injured.

Anthony Romano	AJHL		12	18	12	30
Anthony Romano	Total*		16	26	19	45
Justin Milo	USHL		10	3	6	9
Brendon Nash	BCHL		13	2	9	11 
Colin Greening	BCHL		18	5	16	21	

Date: November 01, 2005 06:21PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

Another stat update. Blake Gallagher hasn't played in the last few games for Notre Dame, he may be injured.

Anthony Romano AJHL 12 18 12 30
Anthony Romano Total* 16 26 19 45
Justin Milo USHL 10 3 6 9
Brendon Nash BCHL 13 2 9 11
Colin Greening BCHL 18 5 16 21
Blake Gallagher SJHL 15 13 2 15

*NY Bobcats site reports stats for all games played, including non-AJHL games.[/q]

Thanks for the update! The other reason might be that he is playing games with the Notre Dame midget team. There is some rule that affects Gallagher which forces him to play a number of games with their midget team.

Posted by: sen '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 01, 2005 06:31PM

Morin is making an official visit to sucks this weekend and will likely sign a letter of intent.

They are offering him a great financial deal according to his mother (and we thought there were no athletic scholarships in the Ivy League rolleyes ).

He's a long-time family friend and we've been trying to convince him to go to Cornell for years. So we're not very happy:-( :-( bang
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2005 06:35PM by sen '08.

Re: Journal article on Sam Paolini
Date: November 01, 2005 06:33PM

nope....hahvahd (see above)

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 07:16PM

Then we can boo him even more!

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 07:22PM

So it'll be your fault if he goes to Hahvahd? :-P

Date: November 01, 2005 08:59PM

hey...we tried:-/

At least I have dirt on him for next year.....

And he's getting a nice juicy, stinky fish for Christmas, that's for sure.

Date: November 01, 2005 09:12PM

looks like Joe Scali's commitment is official:

[www.albernivalleybulldogs.ca]

so, here are the updated stats for our recruits:

Anthony Romano	Total*		16	26	19	45
Justin Milo	USHL		10	3	6	9
Brendon Nash	BCHL		13	2	9	11 
Colin Greening	BCHL		18	5	16	21	
Joe Scali	BCHL		19	12	7	19

Posted by: dbilmes (---.37.117.26.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 09:26PM

[Q] Joe Scali will attend Cornell University in Utica, New York. Scali will join former Bulldog in Doug Krantz currently earning his degree and playing for the Cornell Big Red in the ECAC. [/Q]

He's got another year to figure out how to get here....

Date: November 01, 2005 11:47PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

pfibiger Wrote:

Anthony Romano Total* 16 26 19 45
Justin Milo USHL 10 3 6 9
Brendon Nash BCHL 13 2 9 11
Colin Greening BCHL 18 5 16 21
Blake Gallagher SJHL 15 13 2 15

*NY Bobcats site reports stats for all games played, including non-AJHL games.[/Q]
Thanks for the update! The other reason might be that he is playing games with the Notre Dame midget team. There is some rule that affects Gallagher which forces him to play a number of games with their midget team.[/q]

Blake has played 4 games for the Hounds AAA team, scoring one goal & assisting on 3 others.
[www.smaaahl.com]

Date: November 02, 2005 12:12AM

[Q]sen '08 Wrote:

Morin is making an official visit to sucks this weekend and will likely sign a letter of intent.

[/q]

That's unfortunate. I hate seeing these CNY/WNY kids keep getting away.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: November 02, 2005 12:42AM

Looks like there will be great depth up front next year.

Left Wing: Barlow, Mugford, Kindret, Greening, Scali
Center: Bitz, Scott (I think he'll end up back at center), Kennedy, Romano, Fontas
Right Wing: Sawada, Carefoot, McCutcheon, Connors, Milo, Gallagher

Don't be surprised if Milo and Gallagher end up as the RWs on the top two lines. I'll be most interested to see who takes over for Chris Abbott and Pegoraro as all situations centers.

Date: November 02, 2005 12:45AM

Ari,

Gallagher plays center at least as much as the wing, and is apparently a superb faceoff man. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the top line center next year (allowing Bitz to perhaps move back to the wing?)

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: November 02, 2005 12:57AM

Should be interesting with Romano also in the mix at center coming from a very weak league. Seems like a ton of skill and no size in this group but it isn't like they are replacing physically large players. The left side will be all freshmen and sophomores. Really good mix of skill (Barlow, Scott, Milo, Gallagher, Romano, Scali), size (Bitz, Sawada, Greening, Kennedy, Fontas) and grit (Carefoot, Mugford, Kindret, Scott, Barlow) though. I should also note in relation to Gallagher being apparently a superb faceoff man that Scott in my mind is far and away this year's team's top faceoff man and he only takes draws on the powerplay.

Date: November 02, 2005 05:42AM

There are always a few freshmen who either never pan out or are at least unprepared to play their first year.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 02, 2005 08:43AM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

sen '08 Wrote:

[/Q]
That's unfortunate. I hate seeing these CNY/WNY kids keep getting away.

[/q]

True, but on the other hand, the way to taunt Morin practically writes itself. :-D

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: November 02, 2005 10:38AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

True, but on the other hand, the way to taunt Morin practically writes itself.[/q]

We used to do it to Princeton's Benoit Morin as a matter of fact.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: kaelistus (---.mak.com)
Date: November 02, 2005 10:52AM

And I thought the cheer would have been gone with the Moore brothers...

Posted by: froogle (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 07:44PM

An intersting note on Notre Dame's Blake Gallagher, who is tearing up the Jr.A circuit with 10 goals in his first 10 games. Because of the new Canadian Hockey rules on out-of-province players under the age of 18, Gallagher technically is an "affiliated" player on the Jr.A squad, meaning he has to play at least half of the season with the Notre Dame midget Hounds. As a result, he'll have to suit up for 22 midget contests in addition to the 55-game Jr.A slate.

My guess is this new rule is what's keeping him out of the lineup, thankfuly not an injury.

Date: November 03, 2005 10:09PM

[Q]froogle Wrote:

An intersting note on Notre Dame's Blake Gallagher, who is tearing up the Jr.A circuit with 10 goals in his first 10 games. Because of the new Canadian Hockey rules on out-of-province players under the age of 18, Gallagher technically is an "affiliated" player on the Jr.A squad, meaning he has to play at least half of the season with the Notre Dame midget Hounds. As a result, he'll have to suit up for 22 midget contests in addition to the 55-game Jr.A slate.

My guess is this new rule is what's keeping him out of the lineup, thankfuly not an injury.[/q]

I actually don't think so..he hasn't played in any recent midget games either. I don't think it makes him miss any of the Jr. A games, he just has to play the midget games _also_. Notre Dame doesn't have much of a website for the hockey team, so it's hard to find any injury info.

Joe Scali
Posted by: LRT (---.pi.shawcable.net)
Date: November 09, 2005 04:03AM

Cornell fans are going to love Joe Scali. Arguably the best forechecker in the BCHL, unarguably the hardest working player. Absolute dynamo, SUPER FAST, hits hard, now is scoring....man, what can I say? Cornell scored. If you can, get up here and see him in action at the dogpound. Smokin' Joe is unreal.....

Posted by: annon2 (38.117.178.---)
Date: November 09, 2005 11:54AM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:
I actually don't think so..he hasn't played in any recent midget games either. I don't think it makes him miss any of the Jr. A games, he just has to play the midget games _also_. Notre Dame doesn't have much of a website for the hockey team, so it's hard to find any injury info.[/q]

[www.smaaahl.com]

5 games so far.

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 09, 2005 12:44PM

Don Harvard?

I guess if we can have Brian and George Cornell...

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.ilr.cornell.edu)
Date: November 09, 2005 01:01PM

Chay Genoway has committed to North Dakota.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 09, 2005 05:26PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

Don Harvard?

I guess if we can have Brian and George Cornell...[/q]

And RPI's first Captain when hockey was reintroduced by Ned Harkness was named Burton Clarkson. yark

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.89.---)
Date: November 10, 2005 02:32AM

Also interesting to note that Cheverie has committed for 07 rather than 06 like we had expected him to if he had chosen Cornell. Could that have been a factor?

Posted by: ithacat (---.lightlink.com)
Date: November 10, 2005 07:18AM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Also interesting to note that Cheverie has committed for 07 rather than 06 like we had expected him to if he had chosen Cornell. Could that have been a factor?[/q]

Sounds like '07 would have been perfect if McKee returns for his final year.

Posted by: ithacat (---.lightlink.com)
Date: November 10, 2005 07:26AM

Here's a pretty current line on next year's recruits. It doesn't include Romano's exhibitions, Milo's Buc Bowls, or Gallagher's AAA games.

Anthony Romano (AJHL), 14-22-15-37
Justin Milo (USHL), 12-3-6-9
Brendon Nash (BCHL), 15-2-10-12
Colin Greening (BCHL), 21-9-17-26
Blake Gallagher (SJHL), 16-15-2-17
Joe Scali (BCHL), 22-13-8-21

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2005 07:53AM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Also interesting to note that Cheverie has committed for 07 rather than 06 like we had expected him to if he had chosen Cornell. Could that have been a factor?[/Q]

Sounds like '07 would have been perfect if McKee returns for his final year.[/q]

It's neither there nor there for Cheverie at this point, but don't you want an overlap to give a chance to see him in practice, improve his skills, and maybe even get into a few games if he's good enough before taking over the full time roll?

That was how Lenny worked (came in Underhill's senior year), and McKee was *supposed* to come in Lenny's senior year. And now Schafer is looked for a goalie to come in McKee's senior year, so it seems to be the way he likes to run it at least.

And yeah, it coulda been a factor, you never know.

Date: November 10, 2005 03:05PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Also interesting to note that Cheverie has committed for 07 rather than 06 like we had expected him to if he had chosen Cornell. Could that have been a factor?[/Q]
Sounds like '07 would have been perfect if McKee returns for his final year.[/Q]
It's neither there nor there for Cheverie at this point, but don't you want an overlap to give a chance to see him in practice, improve his skills, and maybe even get into a few games if he's good enough before taking over the full time roll?

That was how Lenny worked (came in Underhill's senior year), and McKee was *supposed* to come in Lenny's senior year. And now Schafer is looked for a goalie to come in McKee's senior year, so it seems to be the way he likes to run it at least.

And yeah, it coulda been a factor, you never know.[/q]

I agree with that. After last season, not many of us remember that McKee was painfully average his freshman year. That was no fault of his own considering he was no ready to be a full time #1 goaltender yet. The ideal situation is what LeNeveu had, splitting time as a freshman, getting the feet wet, then ideally being ready to take the reigns sophomore year. That was the plan for McKee had LeNeveu stayed but even if Marr didn't get hurt. You do not want a situation where you have a freshman as your exclusive #1 goalie no matter how special he is.

Date: November 14, 2005 11:28AM

Another recruit update. The NY Bobcats are slow to get scores up, so the last update didn't reflect last week's scores, and this week's doesn't include their games Sat & Sun.

Joe Scali's Alberni Valley Bulldogs played Colin Greening's league-leading Nanaimo Clippers and beat them 7-4. Colin Greening scored a goal, Joe Scali had a goal and two assists and was the #2 star of the game.

Anthony Romano	Total*		18	30	22	52
Justin Milo	USHL		13	3	6	9
Brendon Nash	BCHL		16	2	11	13 
Colin Greening	BCHL		24	11	17	28	
Blake Gallagher	SJHL		18	15	3	18
Joe Scali	BCHL		24	14	10	24

Date: November 16, 2005 03:28AM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

Another recruit update. The NY Bobcats are slow to get scores up, so the last update didn't reflect last week's scores, and this week's doesn't include their games Sat & Sun.

Joe Scali's Alberni Valley Bulldogs played Colin Greening's league-leading Nanaimo Clippers and beat them 7-4. Colin Greening scored a goal, Joe Scali had a goal and two assists and was the #2 star of the game.

Anthony Romano Total* 18 30 22 52
Justin Milo USHL 13 3 6 9
Brendon Nash BCHL 16 2 11 13
Colin Greening BCHL 24 11 17 28
Blake Gallagher SJHL 18 15 3 18
Joe Scali BCHL 24 14 10 24

*NY Bobcats site reports stats for all games played, including non-AJHL games.[/q]

Cornell hockey fans will benefit next season with more BCHL kids from the Island Division. Nanaimo Clippers are having another great year but this season, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs are the #2 team in the league and nipping at their heels.

Joe Scali is a huge part of the Bulldogs success because he is tenacious and relentless. Always known as an excellent playmaker and forechecker, this season Joe has found the scoring touch - including his goal against Nanaimo, which was an absolute beauty.

You'll see what I mean next season.....And look for two of Scali's teammates to be playing against him next year: Devin Timberlake at Brown and Andrew Estey at Union....

Go Bulldogs!

Date: November 17, 2005 01:04AM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:

[/Q]
Justin Milo was also invited to the same tryout camp. 24 forwards were invited (as well as 12 defensemen and 6 goaltenders), and the roster will be reduced to 22 (so I assume 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goaltenders). Justin and Tony only need to be in the top half of the best 24 pre-college forwards in the US to make the team[/q]

Both Milo and Romano made the team

[www.usahockey.com]

Date: November 18, 2005 09:47AM

Brendon Nash and Blake Gallagher were both invited to play in the CAJHL prospects game. It's a game made up of 2 teams fo the best NHL-draft eligible players in Canadian Jr. A hockey.

We talked about Gallagher and Romano being listed on the NHL "players to watch" list, and Brendon Nash has since been added as a BCHL "B" prospect (3rd round or later).

Posted by: 2tkCornell (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 01:04PM

I was just looking at some other teams recruits for next season, and Quinnipiac has seemed to snag a gem in Brandon Wong from the Merritt Centennials of the BCHL. So far in 26 games he has 24 goals, 25 assists for 49 points. (You would think that Cornell could compete for someone like him, especially if Quinnipiac got him)

Here are some other marquee names from the BCHL that are going to teams other than Cornell.

Matt Butcher (F) - Chilliwack Chiefs - 23GP-12G-26A-38P - Northern Michigan
Geoff Irwin (F) - Burnaby Express - 22GP-16G-20A-36P - Minnesota State
Cam MacIntyre (F) - Cowichan Valley Capitals - 24GP-17G-18A-35P - Princeton
Andrew Estey (F) - Alberni Valley Bulldogs - 26GP-15G-20A-35P - Union
Chris Eppich (F) - Chilliwack Chiefs - 24GP-14G-20A-34P - Princeton
Josh Lunden (F) - Chilliwack Chiefts - 21GP-16G-14A-30P - Alaska Anchorage
Kyle Turris (F) - Burnaby Express - 22GP-15G-15A-30P - Wisconsin

Erik Felde (D) - Vernon Vipers - 20GP-8G-17A-25P - Alaska Anchorage
T.J. Miller (D) - Penticton Vees - 25GP-10G-13A-23P - Northern Michigan

Date: November 19, 2005 01:10PM

[Q]2tkCornell Wrote:

I was just looking at some other teams recruits for next season, and Quinnipiac has seemed to snag a gem in Brandon Wong from the Merritt Centennials of the BCHL. So far in 26 games he has 24 goals, 25 assists for 49 points. (You would think that Cornell could compete for someone like him, especially if Quinnipiac got him)

Here are some other marquee names from the BCHL that are going to teams other than Cornell.

[/q]

In case you haven't notcied, Cornell very well may have the best forward recruiting class in college hockey for next year. They aren't going to get every player from BCHL and statistics do not tell the entire story. In the case of Wong, I heard he barely got through the clearing house.

Date: November 19, 2005 01:18PM

[Q]2tkCornell Wrote:

[/q]

Wow. Okay first of all, the Ivy League has academic requirements and is not able to give athletic scholarships. Those two points right there dramatically reduce the number of recruits we can pursue. Second, Schafer looks for certain types of players for the Cornell mold. He needs guys who work their tails off, who will forecheck, who will grind it out and who don't mind reining in their scoring. I don't know if any of those players above fit the Schafer mold. We win and lose recruiting battles like everyone else. Third, our recruiting class next year is fabulous on paper. It is arguably the best recruiting class Cornell has had (at least in the last ten years). Next year's entering class will be among the best in the nation; if our 06-07 recruits won't satisfy you I don't know what will.

Posted by: 2tkCornell (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 01:37PM

Not saying that Cornell should recruit them, I was just showing what was out there. Although, do you guys think we should be recruiting some more defenseman. We only have one right now.

Has Chad Morin officially committed to Harvard because Heisenberg's site doesn't list it.

My friend got a chance to see Joe Scali play in British Columbia, and he said that Scali is relentless - he scored a shorthanded goal in that game that was all due to aggressive forechecking and anticipation. Hopefully, he can duplicate that at Cornell.

Date: November 20, 2005 12:00AM

Man, Cornell has a team to assemble next season that will be the frickin' envy of the college ranks. FYI, Scali has scored again tonight, as his Alberni Valley BUlldogs lead the Penticton Vees 3-0 after two periods in Penticton. Bulldogs won last night, 5-2 in Trail against the Smoke Eaters.

Scali IS relentless. UNBELIEVABLE forechecker. Cornell scored picking up Smokin' Joe...

Date: November 20, 2005 12:50AM

Even with losing Moulson and Abbott, that left side is going to be an extremely aggressive group with Mugford, Barlow, and Scali.

Date: November 20, 2005 12:57AM

Time and again I have heard people who are in a position to know assert that 75% of the top NCAA prospects each season have absolutely NO chance of admission to any Ivy. Add that the Ivies then have to fight for the remaining 25% with scholarship constraints and a far more demanding academic load, and it's really a shock that a blue chipper EVER comes in.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2005 12:57AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 02:35AM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:
Even with losing Moulson and Abbott, that left side is going to be an extremely aggressive group with Mugford, Barlow, and Scali. [/q]Aggressive is nice, but using that to explain comparing incoming recruits and freshmen who've played 8 games to guys with Frozen Four experience and two ECAC championships under their belts probably doesn't give enough credit to the experienced guys. My personal take, anyway.

Posted by: Andy'07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 20, 2005 03:30AM

No one next year at left wing will be as good as moulson, in spite of their recruiting ranking or freshmen year experience. happy?

Posted by: bothman (---.anapol01.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 20, 2005 08:59PM

Did Morin commit to Harvard?

Date: November 21, 2005 11:28PM

No official word yet but his mother was almost positive he would commit to sucks:-(

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 21, 2005 11:32PM

IIRC, bothman is a fan of a team that wears another shade of reduhoh :-)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 11:45AM

[Q]IIRC, bothman is a fan of a team that wears another shade of red[/q]Yes he is, but a very respectable example of that rare breed.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 12:40PM

agreed 100% ... wish there were more:-)

Date: November 22, 2005 04:10PM

Brendon Nash was the #3 star on Sunday with a goal and two assists.

Anthony Romano	AJHL		18	24	18	42
Anthony Romano	Total*		22	32	25	57
Justin Milo	USHL		16	4	7	11
Brendon Nash	BCHL		18	3	14	17 
Colin Greening	BCHL		27	12	18	30	
Blake Gallagher	SJHL		22	16	6	22
Joe Scali	BCHL		27	15	12	27

Posted by: CUlater 89 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 11:52PM

[Q]LRT Wrote:

Man, Cornell has a team to assemble next season that will be the frickin' envy of the college ranks.[/q]

This is like a rerun from last year, and the year before that and the year before that...

rolleyes

How ironic that many of the same people who are killing Schafer for having only one sniper on this year's squad, also spent much of the past few years drooling over the incoming classes.

People, you gotta calm down.

Date: November 23, 2005 01:41AM

[Q]CUlater 89 Wrote:

LRT Wrote:

Man, Cornell has a team to assemble next season that will be the frickin' envy of the college ranks.[/Q]
This is like a rerun from last year, and the year before that and the year before that...

How ironic that many of the same people who are killing Schafer for having only one sniper on this year's squad, also spent much of the past few years drooling over the incoming classes.

People, you gotta calm down.[/q]

I don't remember many people getting too excited about last year's recruiting class. Except for Barlow and Connors to a lesser extent, I don't remember very much hype about this year's class either. Next year's recruiting class is among the best in college hockey and among the best I have seen for Cornell in a long time. Does it mean they are definitely going to fulfill the expectations? Of course not, but people have reason to be extremely excited for next year's class.

Date: November 23, 2005 07:49AM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Next year's recruiting class is among the best in college hockey[/q]

Is there an independent, non-Cornell source for this assessment? I'm not saying I disagree; I'm just curious as to why we're singing such high praise for the incoming class. Is there a ranking somewhere, like the rankings of football recruiting classes, that puts us in the top 3-5?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2005 07:49AM by Trotsky.

Date: November 23, 2005 07:57AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Next year's recruiting class is among the best in college hockey[/Q]
Is there an independent, non-Cornell source for this assessment? I'm not saying I disagree; I'm just curious as to why we're singing such high praise for the incoming class. Is there a ranking somewhere, like the rankings of football recruiting classes, that puts us in the top 3-5?[/q]

Not yet. I imagine we'll see that sort of thing in the offseason, though.

Date: November 23, 2005 11:20AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Is there an independent, non-Cornell source for this assessment? I'm not saying I disagree; I'm just curious as to why we're singing such high praise for the incoming class. Is there a ranking somewhere, like the rankings of football recruiting classes, that puts us in the top 3-5?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/23/05 07:49AM by Trotsky.[/q]

Well yes. Heisenberg ranks the college eligible players. He has Milo as fourth in the entire USHL ahead of players from UND, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, CC, etc. He has Gallagher ranked #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. He has Greening 6th among BCHL forwards and Nash 4th among BCHL defensemen. He has Romano as 4th among players from Mass/New England. Heisenberg may not be that much of a reliable source but his rankings in the past (particularly for the east) have been pretty accurate.
I've also seen Milo, Romano, and Greening play. Milo is unlike any player I have seen at Cornell. He is extremely dangerous offensively with a better release than any player I have ever seen at the college level. Romano plays at low level so it should be interesting to see how he adjusts but his numbers indicate that he has totally dominated that level. The fact that both he and Milo made the Viking Cup team also are pretty good indications that these guys are not just flash in the pan recruits. Romano has Vesce-like vision and instincts with the puck.
I have spoken with pretty reliable sources who have seen Gallagher and Scali play. Gallagher is getting a tremendous amount of hype in western Canada and considering that he'll likely be drafted in the first few rounds of next year's draft for a Junior player of his size that says something. Scali will be like Mugford with more speed and more offense. Haven't heard anything about Nash, but he has good size and good offensive numbers which don't mean a whole lot, but his numbers are far better than O'Byrne and Pokuluk at that level, although comparable to Krantz. Nash is younger than Krantz at that level and is being well-regarded by scouts for the upcoming draft. I have a good feeling about him.
Back to Heisenberg's rankings. The players committed so far this year for Cornell as far as where he ranks them are most comparable to the graduating class of 2003, albeit that class had three defensemen in it.
Of course all this hype won't matter if they can't live up to it.

Posted by: CTUCK1 (---.bflony.adelphia.net)
Date: November 23, 2005 12:27PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Trotsky Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/23/05 07:49AM by Trotsky.[/Q]
Well yes. Heisenberg ranks the college eligible players. He has Milo as fourth in the entire USHL ahead of players from UND, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, CC, etc. He has Gallagher ranked #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. He has Greening 6th among BCHL forwards and Nash 4th among BCHL defensemen. He has Romano as 4th among players from Mass/New England. Heisenberg may not be that much of a reliable source but his rankings in the past (particularly for the east) have been pretty accurate.
I've also seen Milo, Romano, and Greening play. Milo is unlike any player I have seen at Cornell. He is extremely dangerous offensively with a better release than any player I have ever seen at the college level. Romano plays at low level so it should be interesting to see how he adjusts but his numbers indicate that he has totally dominated that level. The fact that both he and Milo made the Viking Cup team also are pretty good indications that these guys are not just flash in the pan recruits. Romano has Vesce-like vision and instincts with the puck.
I have spoken with pretty reliable sources who have seen Gallagher and Scali play. Gallagher is getting a tremendous amount of hype in western Canada and considering that he'll likely be drafted in the first few rounds of next year's draft for a Junior player of his size that says something. Scali will be like Mugford with more speed and more offense. Haven't heard anything about Nash, but he has good size and good offensive numbers which don't mean a whole lot, but his numbers are far better than O'Byrne and Pokuluk at that level, although comparable to Krantz. Nash is younger than Krantz at that level and is being well-regarded by scouts for the upcoming draft. I have a good feeling about him.
Back to Heisenberg's rankings. The players committed so far this year for Cornell as far as where he ranks them are most comparable to the graduating class of 2003, albeit that class had three defensemen in it.
Of course all this hype won't matter if they can't live up to it.[/q]

Ari,

I know Greening is a power forward, but having seen him play who will he remind us of? Sawada? Hynes? Bâby? None of the above?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.harris.com)
Date: November 23, 2005 02:06PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:
Well yes. Heisenberg ranks the college eligible players. He has Milo as fourth in the entire USHL ahead of players from UND, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, CC, etc. He has Gallagher ranked #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. He has Greening 6th among BCHL forwards and Nash 4th among BCHL defensemen. He has Romano as 4th among players from Mass/New England.[/q]

Ari,

Could you go back to the 2000 rankings and give us the matching Heisenberg ranked players? We could then see who panned out and approximately what we're talking about. Personally, I don't know whether #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan equals Doug Ferguson or Bob Ferguson. help

Posted by: redhair34 (---.bflony.adelphia.net)
Date: November 23, 2005 02:42PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:
Well yes. Heisenberg ranks the college eligible players. He has Milo as fourth in the entire USHL ahead of players from UND, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, CC, etc. He has Gallagher ranked #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. He has Greening 6th among BCHL forwards and Nash 4th among BCHL defensemen. He has Romano as 4th among players from Mass/New England.[/Q]
Ari,

Could you go back to the 2000 rankings and give us the matching Heisenberg ranked players? We could then see who panned out and approximately what we're talking about. Personally, I don't know whether #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan equals Doug Ferguson or Bob Ferguson. [/q]

I think it's tough to use Heisenberg's rankings for class to class comparison's. Strength or depth by region/league changes from year to year. If you look at this year's graduating class when Heisenberg rated them, a lot of the top prospects in each region/leage panned out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MASSACHUSETTS/NEW ENGLAND
Ben Lovejoy-RD
Jamie Sifers-RD
Hugh Jessiman-RW
Danny Spang-LD
Mike Morris-RW
Bryan Horan-RC
Marvin Degon-RD
Dan Murphy-LW
Torry Gajda-LW
John Laliberte-LC
Garrett Overlock-RD
Brian Yandle-RD

MINNESOTA/Mid-West
Gino Guyer-LW
Zack Parise-RC
Andy Sertich-C
Tyler Hirsch-RW

USNDP
Patrick Eaves-RC
Brett Sterling-LW
Mark Stuart-LD
Steve Werner-RW

USHL
Tomas Vanek-RW
Brett Skinner-LD
Vince Bellissimo-RC
Danny Richmond-D
Marty Sertich-LC
Joe Jensen-LC
Chris Collins-LW
John Zeiler-RW
Dirk Southern-RC
Joey Crabb-RC
Michael Hutchins-LD
Eric Przepiorka-LC
John Snowden-C
Jake MicFlikier-C
Nate Guenin-RD
Tom Gilbert-RD
Jeff Genovy-LC
Quinn Fylling-RW
David Backes-LC
Brad Zancanaro-RC
Matt Greene-RD

NAHL
Danny Knapp-RC
Chris Conner-RW
Bryan Marshall-LC
Jason Tejchma-LC
Andy Greene-LD
Jamie Milam-RD
Peter Harrold-RD

OHL
Matt Moulson-C
Jesse Boucher-LW
Brent Walton-RW
Jeff Hristovski-C
Jonathan Lehun-LW
Rick Janco-RD
Dale Good-LD
T.J. Trevelyan-LW
Stephen Dennis-RD
Tyler McGregor-RW
Adam Hogg-LW
Brandon Harker-RC
Chris Gill-LW
Daniel Pegoraro-LC
Colton Fretter-RW
Sylvain Moreau-RD
Tim Vokey-LC
Peter Kennedy-LD
Josh Soares-C
Derek MacKay-LW
Jon Smyth-LW

SASKATCHEWAN /MANITOBA
Ryan MacMurchy-RC
Gary Houseman-LW
Justin Tetrault-RC
Andrew Joudrey-LW
Gio Flamminio-RD
Shawn Langen-RW
Garett Cameron-LW
Geoff Waugh-RD
Steve Later-LD

ALBERTA JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
Brett Pilkington-LC
Ryan Barnett-LC
Brock Becker-LC
Kevin Croxton-RW
Charlie Johnson-LW
Braydon Cox-LC
Sean Offers-LD

BCHL
Jeff Tambellini-LC
Gabe Gauthier-LC
Dave Van der Gulik-LW
Kyle Hood-RD
Alex Nikiforuk-RC
Ben Walter-LC
Brad Farynuk-LD
Nathan Oystrick-LD
Kyle Greentree-LW
Mike Ouellette-RC
David Morelli-C
Jarret Sampson-LW
Andrew Ebbett-LW
Shane Hynes-RW
Brett Hemingway-RW
Rod Pelley-LW
--------------------------------------------------
The Saskatchewan and Alberta recruits didn't pan out to much. These leagues appear to be at least historically, weaker than the others. For the most part the rest of the top recruits in the other leagues succeeded (do not read "reached potential";) in college.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.bflony.adelphia.net)
Date: November 23, 2005 02:49PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
I don't know whether #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan equals Doug Ferguson or Bob Ferguson. [/q]

That is definitely a fair question/point. At least recently, the top 3 or so recruits in those regions haven't amounted to much. The only current player who fits that category (top three recruits) that I even recognize is Andrew Journey a forward playing for Wisconson. So I think for Saskatchewan and Manitoba, the Heisenberg rankings are a poor prediction of future success.

However, according to USCHO posters, Gallagher was aggressively recruited by both Maine and UNH. I think that is a pretty good indication of his upside.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2005 02:50PM by redhair34.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.clarityconnect.com)
Date: November 23, 2005 03:50PM

He is sort of different than any of them, but I would imagine his game has changed playing at a higher level than when I saw him play. I would say a combination of Bâby and Hynes. He makes more plays than Hynes (more like Bâby in this regard) but has the same physical upside as him. He definitely has good upside with his size and offensive ability. I think he and Scali will fit in well with Barlow, Mugford, and Kindret on the left side.

[Q]CTUCK1 Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Trotsky Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/23/05 07:49AM by Trotsky.[/Q]
Of course all this hype won't matter if they can't live up to it.[/Q]
Ari,

I know Greening is a power forward, but having seen him play who will he remind us of? Sawada? Hynes? Bâby? None of the above?

[/q]

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.clarityconnect.com)
Date: November 23, 2005 03:55PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:
Well yes. Heisenberg ranks the college eligible players. He has Milo as fourth in the entire USHL ahead of players from UND, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine, CC, etc. He has Gallagher ranked #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. He has Greening 6th among BCHL forwards and Nash 4th among BCHL defensemen. He has Romano as 4th among players from Mass/New England.[/Q]
Ari,

Could you go back to the 2000 rankings and give us the matching Heisenberg ranked players? We could then see who panned out and approximately what we're talking about. Personally, I don't know whether #1 in all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan equals Doug Ferguson or Bob Ferguson. [/q]

I don't have time to look now but Heisenberg has generally been more accurate with his eastern rankings than western. He had Moulson as the top Ontario skater IIRC, McKee as the top NAHL goaltender, LeNeveu as the top BCHL goaltender, the McRae's were pretty high, Vesce as well. Murray and Bâby were not as high as they turned out to be, however. That is all off the top of my head though - I'll look at them later when I get the chance.

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.177.---)
Date: December 01, 2005 09:04PM

Colin Greening is featured on this week's installment of Inside the BCHL. Bernie Pascall interviews him and Bill Bestwick.
[www.bchl.bc.ca]

Date: December 01, 2005 09:13PM

of note:

I saw on USCHO that Richard Bachman (the goalie from Cushing mentioned here a while ago) is deciding between Cornell, Colorado College, and Harvard. He's on the NHL Central Scouting players to watch list as a B (just like Blake Gallagher and Brendon Nash)

Date: December 01, 2005 10:44PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

of note:

I saw on USCHO that Richard Bachman (the goalie from Cushing mentioned here a while ago) is deciding between Cornell, Colorado College, and Harvard. He's on the NHL Central Scouting players to watch list as a B (just like Blake Gallagher and Brendon Nash)[/q]

Cornell needs to hit on one of these goalies, maybe Richard's the one.

Tony Romano is also listed as a B-rated player on the list.

lgr...

Date: December 02, 2005 07:29AM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

[/q]

Maybe McKee's somewhat worse numbers this year thus far are all a part of a master plan to make it more lucrative for star goalies to come to Cornell.

Hey, one can hope.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: December 02, 2005 07:54AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:

[/Q]
Maybe McKee's somewhat worse numbers this year thus far are all a part of a master plan to make it more lucrative for star goalies to come to Cornell.

Hey, one can hope.[/q]

David's always impressed me as a team-first guy. :-)

I'm hoping an opportunity to work with David for a year is compelling to one of these highly-regarded prospects, though I think many of them want to step in and be the guy from day 1.

DiLeo shouldn't be discounted either, considering he hasn't had the opportunity to play in any real games. Though, again, given David's struggles it's a bit curious that DD hasn't earned an opportunity.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 03, 2005 11:57PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:I saw on USCHO that Richard Bachman (the goalie from Cushing mentioned here a while ago) is deciding between Cornell, Colorado College, and Harvard. He's on the NHL Central Scouting players to watch list as a B (just like Blake Gallagher and Brendon Nash)[/q]

Apologies if this joke has already been made, but... if Richard Bachman commits, are we sure that on move-in day Stephen King won't be the one who shows up?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2005 06:04PM

Since thare are Cornell recruits playing, I'll mention here that the CJAHL Prospects game will be broadcast tonight at 7:30 CST (8:30 EST) on the net at [www.gx94radio.com]. Details about the game can be found at [yorktonterriers.com].

Date: December 07, 2005 09:13PM

[Q]ursaminor Wrote:

Since thare are Cornell recruits playing, I'll mention here that the CJAHL Prospects game will be broadcast tonight at 7:30 CST (8:30 EST) on the net at . Details about the game can be found at .[/q]

Thanks. Blake Gallagher scores goal for "Team West" to give them the 2-1 lead late in the first period.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: December 09, 2005 04:21AM

[Q]ursaminor Wrote:

Since thare are Cornell recruits playing, I'll mention here that the CJAHL Prospects game will be broadcast tonight at 7:30 CST (8:30 EST) on the net at . Details about the game can be found at .[/q]

The boxscore and the results of the skill competion have been posted at [yorktonterriers.com]

In the game, Blake Gallagher had a goal as already mentioned and Brendan Nash had an assist.

Date: December 14, 2005 12:51AM

stats through last weekend...

Colin Greening	BCHL		32	16	21	37	
Blake Gallagher	SJHL		27	16	10	26
Justin Milo	USHL		24	7	10	17
Brendon Nash	BCHL		26	4	20	24 
Anthony Romano	AJHL		29	44	35	79
Joe Scali	BCHL		31	18	13	31

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login