Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

places to eat after the game

Posted by jdowns 
places to eat after the game
Posted by: jdowns (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 15, 2005 05:52PM

Since we promised Jeremy to remain invisible during his tenure at Cornell, we respected this promise. Now that he has gone to Johnstown, we would love to host any Big Red hockey fans after home games this year at the Buffalo Street BBQ and we are making a few changes to the menu to make it more friendly to vegetarians. Finally, we intend to show a replay of the games on a 10' screen after the game, beginning at 10 PM. With a feed from our PC to the projector, we can also show most away games live and plan to do that. Maybe Age, who we befriended over the last 4 years, could give us a couple pointers to make it work with less problems. So, please plan to visit us following any home games and for any away games we can show. Go Big Red!!!!

Jay, Joan and Jesse Downs

Re: places to eat after the game
Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: October 15, 2005 06:00PM

I wish I could be there. You folks are fantastic.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 15, 2005 06:05PM

ate there yesterday night actually....was pretty good

where else can you choose a shot of bourbon as one of your sides??? I suggest that + the mac & cheese as your 2 sides....hehe

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 15, 2005 07:59PM

The Downs family is great! Had a chance to party with some of them, running into them at a Providence bar the night before the 2003 regional finals. Can't wait to try the BBQ next time I'm in Ithaca. It's about time Ithaca had a go-to place to watch televised away games.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: October 15, 2005 09:03PM

Nice!

I don't get back to Ithaca too often, but you just got another customer the next time I'm there. Always glad to support the Cornell Hockey "family."

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 11:23PM

Is this weekend one set of away games that you can show?

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 11:45PM

That would be great. We ate there the other night, the ribs were excellent.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2005 12:48AM

I'll definitely be there... The only thing better than watching a Cornell hockey game is watching it again (with ribs)!

Posted by: rwd4 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2005 11:48AM

this is a great idea. however, when i was there last weekend nobody working knew of any game, much less that they would be replaying it. the food was great and everyone really nice . . .maybe we can get confirmation that the game will be shown in advance!

Posted by: jdowns (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2005 12:04PM

Big Red Hockey Fans:

We have roadrunner, cable TV, a projector with a 10' screen & a computer at the Buffalo Street BBQ. What we don't have is the knowledge to find any games available to be shown via TV or computer and the know-how to make it work. Help?

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 04, 2005 12:53PM

[Q]jdowns Wrote:

Big Red Hockey Fans:

We have roadrunner, cable TV, a projector with a 10' screen & a computer at the Buffalo Street BBQ. What we don't have is the knowledge to find any games available to be shown via TV or computer and the know-how to make it work. Help?[/q]

I suspect you'll have to subscribe to All-Access with the rest of us to show home games, and hook up the computer to a television/the projector. I don't know how to do that, but it's definitely possible. Beware: while the picture is relatively clear in the 3"x3" box it appears in on my computer, enlarging the picture size results in loss of picture quality. You might want to test the projection with an archived game to see if it's worth projecting it, or whether you should just hook it up to a television (or multiple tvs, if that's possible).

I subscribed to All-Access about this time last week, so you should be able to subscribe and at least test the system today in time for the game.

What's yet to be determined, at least as I understand it, is whether All-Access will allow us to access away games at schools that also have All-Access. This should include Yale and Brown, if I'm reading the cstv website correctly, although the only the Brown game is listed - oddly, Colgate@Brown is not listed.

Here's the subscription website: [allaccess.cstv.com]

Good luck!

EDIT: I just called the CSTV customer service line, and Michael, my customer service rep, says that I can only access video feed from my own school. I asked him to make the suggestion that away game video feeds should be included in the package, but this seems to confirm that there won't be video for away games (at least not anytime soon). He also had no response to my query on whether hockey games for tonight were going to be broadcast, saying it's all about what the schools provide them. Um, okay.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2005 01:09PM by Liz '05.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login