Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Jan 14th @ Princeton Tickets On Sale Today

Posted by MattR 
Jan 14th @ Princeton Tickets On Sale Today
Posted by: MattR (---.csbmb.Princeton.EDU)
Date: October 14, 2005 12:22PM

Tickets for the game are available online today according to the P-ton website, though I do not see them listed on the ticket ordering website yet.

[purchase.tickets.com]

I ordered 15 tickets in person last week and the charge hadn't been put through on my credit card as of this morning, so I called today and was told that placing an order does not gaurentee the tickets.

Okay.... Slightly concerning and absolutely silly if you ask me.

Maybe it has to do with the statement the ticket person made when I purchased the tickets. She said "Oh, you want to sit with Cornell fans. I don't know how we are doing it this year...umm...so many damn Cornell fans come that we may change the way we do things for this game." Perhaps they'd rather have Hobey Baker Rink empty and pathetic just like every other P-ton home game, who knows.

Regardless, lets take over Hobey.

Edit: Until the tickets go up on the website, the phone # for the ticket office is 609-258-3538
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2005 12:48PM by MattR.

Re: Jan 14th @ Princeton Tickets On Sale Today
Posted by: jeffdav_CU91 (---.fanniemae.com)
Date: October 14, 2005 12:35PM

Last year my group sat next to a bunch of stone-faced Princeton freshman who had absolutely no idea what was going on with all those wild-eyed Cornell fans.

They had a slightly distainful look that was surely a front for what they were really thinking "Gee, I wish I had gone to Cornell." :-P

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.msc.cornell.edu)
Date: October 14, 2005 01:19PM

Its nice that they are charging $3 more for the Cornell game than their regular games.

Posted by: jeffdav_CU91 (---.fanniemae.com)
Date: October 14, 2005 02:52PM

You're kidding - the bastards! yark

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 14, 2005 05:51PM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

Its nice that they are charging $3 more for the Cornell game than their regular games.[/q]
Other schools probably charge less for Princeton. nut

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: October 14, 2005 05:56PM

You can always get SRO on gameday and you can always find a bench to lie down on once inside.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 14, 2005 06:00PM

Ah, Hobey Baker Rink... where my proficient use of the word "suck" got one local to turn around and call me "everything I don't want my son to turn into."

Fortunately, my friend was there to counter with, "What, an Ivy League graduate in med school?"

Nice to see that we finally drew a Saturday game. I'll try to be there this year.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 14, 2005 06:20PM

[Q]Greenberg '97 Wrote:

Ah, Hobey Baker Rink... where my proficient use of the word "suck" got one local to turn around and call me "everything I don't want my son to turn into."

Fortunately, my friend was there to counter with, "What, an Ivy League graduate in med school?"[/q]

That's frakkin' brilliant.

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 14, 2005 08:19PM

ordered 12 today by phone... so much for the whole "tickets will be available online on the 14th" bit on their website. I'll be pretty pissed if i don't get them, but i might just stand outside the rink and yell at people passing by if i get shafted :-D

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (63.172.63.---)
Date: October 16, 2005 08:28AM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

Its nice that they are charging $3 more for the Cornell game than their regular games.[/q]

Well, we have at times charged more for the Hahvahd game at Lynah.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Tickets Still Aren't on the Web
Date: October 17, 2005 10:38AM

Tickets are still not up on the website.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: October 17, 2005 10:44AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Jacob '06 Wrote:

Its nice that they are charging $3 more for the Cornell game than their regular games.[/Q]
Well, we have at times charged more for the Hahvahd game at Lynah.[/q]

Not to simply nail all the Sucks fans who are buying up tickets, we haven't.

Date: October 17, 2005 02:39PM

has anyone who called in gotten any confirmation that their order was received/processed?

Date: October 17, 2005 04:03PM

When I spoke with the ticket office they said that they will not process tickets orders until Nov. Apparently, they have to square away seats for the massive amount of season ticket holders before they distribute any tickets for single games. If anyone hears differently please post that information.

Posted by: Jeff '84 (206.218.208.---)
Date: October 18, 2005 08:10AM

[Q]nr53 Wrote:

has anyone who called in gotten any confirmation that their order was received/processed?[/q]

I called the number that they gave for rotary phone users figuring they had to answer. Placed my credit card order. Sounded like the tix would be mailed out to me soon(?) We'll see.

Date: October 18, 2005 03:55PM

according to the lady who i talked to today, they're just finishing up the season ticket stuff in the next few days (or just finished) and then they'll work on the individual game sales later this week. I'm guessing they'll mail out tickets sometime next week

Article on P-ton Tickets
Date: October 19, 2005 02:04PM

[goprincetontigers.collegesports.com]

Tickets will be online Oct. 25th now.

Date: October 20, 2005 02:43PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:

jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Jacob '06 Wrote:

Its nice that they are charging $3 more for the Cornell game than their regular games.[/Q]
Well, we have at times charged more for the Hahvahd game at Lynah.[/Q]
Not to simply nail all the Sucks fans who are buying up tickets, we haven't.

[/q]
I don't see how it is better to stick it to your own fans than it is to squeeze a few extra bucks out of the visitors.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 20, 2005 03:04PM

[q]I don't see how it is better to stick it to your own fans than it is to squeeze a few extra bucks out of the visitors. [/q]It is better to treat all of the people attending a game equally, home fans or visitors. It's a matter of fairness. Not that I like the higher prices for the Harvard game, but it's all relative.

A lot of professional sports teams are going to pricing schemes where they charge more for games where they expect higher demand. I find this annoying when the game I want to attend is one of the higher priced games. But it's very logical economics - matching prices to demand.

Date: October 20, 2005 05:29PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

I don't see how it is better to stick it to your own fans than it is to squeeze a few extra bucks out of the visitors. [/Q]
It is better to treat all of the people attending a game equally, home fans or visitors. It's a matter of fairness. Not that I like the higher prices for the Harvard game, but it's all relative.[/q]I'd be more accepting of this argument if there was significant visitor fan attendance at Lynah for any game, much less the Harvard game (the Harvard fan doesn't like to leave Cambridge). Cornellians buy up all of the available seats beyond the visitors allotment for all games, so there really isn't any "equal treatment" - Cornell fans just pay a premium for the most popular game of the year.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.amer.csc.com)
Date: October 20, 2005 06:24PM

[Q] ugarte wrote:

the Harvard fan doesn't like to leave Cambridge [/Q]

Maybe the "Harvard (sucks) fan" doesn't really exist, since he doesn't seem to show up in Cambridge either

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2005 06:27PM by nshapiro.

Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 21, 2005 12:16AM

Do like I do and linger in front of the Baker ticket window for a while before game time. I've been offered free tickets on at least 3 occasions. :-}

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2005 08:24AM

There may be another reason - dare we use "logic" and "Harvard man" in the same breath? - for visiting fans not visiting in droves. If you drive 375 miles to Boston you get to see Cornell have a good chance at whipping the Cantabs and before, or afterward, you can go see Old Ironsides and have a nice seafood dinner. For the Harvard man driving to Ithaca, you'll get salt stains all over your Cayenne, the gorges are frozen solid, your team is likely to emerge the loser, and you will be treated rudely should you wear a Harvard sweathshirt. A foray to Laselle Junior College would be a wiser move and put less wear and tear on the car.

At least the players are protected by helmets, the plexiglas, and the threat of a two-minute home team minor.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 21, 2005 11:25AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

There may be another reason - dare we use "logic" and "Harvard man" in the same breath? - for visiting fans not visiting in droves. If you drive 375 miles to Boston you get to see Cornell have a good chance at whipping the Cantabs and before, or afterward, you can go see Old Ironsides and have a nice seafood dinner. For the Harvard man driving to Ithaca, you'll get salt stains all over your Cayenne, the gorges are frozen solid, your team is likely to emerge the loser, and you will be treated rudely should you wear a Harvard sweathshirt. A foray to Laselle Junior College would be a wiser move and put less wear and tear on the car. [/q]

Way to insult Ithaca, Bill. Personally, the most beautiful I've ever seen some of the gorges is when they were frozen over, although technically you're not supposed to be there then ;)

I dunno, for those of us who know the charms of Ithaca, all else being equal (including equi-distant), I'd probably visit Ithaca more often than I'd visit Boston - not that I don't think Boston's a great city too (and I do).

I think it has much much more to do with passion for hockey than any qualities of the cities.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 11:25AM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2005 11:47AM

You can look at the frozen falls, certainly, just not climb them. Which means you also don't get to look out from the summit of Buttermilk Falls and see the bleeping Home Depot orange roof across the Elmira Road. When I read the debate online, I thought it was just a bunch of whiny environmentalists carping about the inevitability of progress, and to me Home Depot and Amazon Tools are progress. But, damn, we climbed Buttermilk Falls ourselves last summer and it was kind of jarring to see civilization intruding.

But Joni Mitchell already said it better.

Ithaca can be gorgeous in winter especially just after the snowfall, before it turns gray and dirty. On a daily basis, what I think we all remember is cold, slush, slippery roads, and early nightfall. If you go back a long way you probably also remember walking back from the computer center, falling flat on your butt on a patch of ice, and losing your stack of lightly rubber banded punch cards. What's today's equivalent - your phone or iPod or ThinkPad sailing out of an unsealed backpack?

If it's hockey you want, Boston has more college hockey on any week than any other city in America. Just, alas, not Cornell hockey. I suppose that's reason enough to prefer Ithaca.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2005 12:03PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

You can look at the frozen falls, certainly, just not climb them. Which means you also don't get to look out from the summit of Buttermilk Falls and see the bleeping Home Depot orange roof across the Elmira Road. When I read the debate online, I thought it was just a bunch of whiny environmentalists carping about the inevitability of progress, and to me Home Depot and Amazon Tools are progress. But, damn, we climbed Buttermilk Falls ourselves last summer and it was kind of jarring to see civilization intruding.

[/q]

It's sad that the view from the top of the hill is dominated by the garish white lights of Wal-Mart.

Date: October 21, 2005 12:50PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
If it's hockey you want, Boston has more college hockey on any week than any other city in America. Just, alas, not Cornell hockey. I suppose that's reason enough to prefer Ithaca. [/q]

You may remember falling down, and I indeed do remember climbing the hill is 3 feet of snow without classes ever being cancelled when entire states were shut down, but in retrospect it's something I'm glad I did to bitch about it ;). But I also remember laying on the hill on beautiful May or summer nights, walking Cascadilla gorge from 'downtown' to College Ave, and all the other beautiful nature in my backyard. Not to mention being that close to some very fine wineries. There's plenty to complain about with the Ithaca weather, but on those rare days when it's good, or the not-so-rare days in the summer, there's no place nicer.

Food's better in Ithaca too, IMHO. Boston has good food, but somehow Thai Cuisine, Just a Taste, Boatyard (although that's been knocked recently), and CTB somehow form a perfect storm of the perfect food (honorable mentions for Maxie's, Taste of Thai, The Nines, Taughannock, old BistroQ (can't speak for the new version, though I'm sure it's lovely), and many others I'm probably forgetting).

I wasn't even counting the hockey factor, which in our biased opinoins of course gives Ithaca the edge - although I'm glad to be in an area near Boston where there is a lot of very good college hockey as well, but unfortunately, none of it's in Lynah :).

And all that's high praise cause Boston is probably my second favorite city I've ever been to - not that I've seen more than a couple dozen US cities, so this isn't meant to be the end all be all.

Posted by: dadeo (---.shore.co.monmouth.nj.us)
Date: October 24, 2005 08:37AM

Yes - every time ive been to the princeton games, there is always an inordinate number of EMPTY seats, however, they only sell STANDING room tickets. for which there are numerous seats to sit in. go figure
dont worry guys

Posted by: PinkyGen (---.VPN.NYU.EDU)
Date: October 25, 2005 09:27AM

It's October 25th, and tickets are still not online. rolleyes

Date: November 02, 2005 07:08PM

FYI, I emailed the Princeton ticket office, and they said "due to demand", the Cornell game will not be offered online.

Okay, so I know the rink will pretty much be 90% Cornell, but is there a 'home'/'season ticket subscribers' area that I may rather avoid? Or does it really not matter at all?

Date: November 02, 2005 07:19PM

No, it doesn't matter.

Got My Tickets Today
Posted by: MattR (---.verona01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2005 07:02PM

Balcony 4 Row D Seats 7-9
Balcony 4 Row E Seats 7 -15
Balcony 4 Row F Seats 7-9

Way up in the back corner.

Did anyone else get their tickets? If so, where?

LGR!
Matt

Re: Got My Tickets Today
Date: November 16, 2005 07:10PM

I repeat. It doesn't matter.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 16, 2005 08:08PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

FYI, I emailed the Princeton ticket office, and they said "due to demand", the Cornell game will not be offered online.

Okay, so I know the rink will pretty much be 90% Cornell, but is there a 'home'/'season ticket subscribers' area that I may rather avoid? Or does it really not matter at all?[/q]

I don't think I've shown up there with actual tickets in hand...the closest was buying someone else's ticket that they had... I shall be walking up to the ticket office at 6pm game day.

Other than Lynah, the only tickets I'd really worry about getting are Lynah East and Yale.

Date: November 17, 2005 12:02AM

Got the bill today so called home and yes, i have a baker's dozen waiting for me. I'm happy they didn't take offense to me asking for seats "as close to the visitors section as possible", got a nice grumble for that from the lady taking my order :-D

yes i know that it probably won't matter but i asked for it anyways, though on second thought it would have been fun being in the middle of a bunch of... oh wait... they don't really have fans do they?

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 17, 2005 12:14AM

except for Super-Mom nut ;-)

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2005 12:27AM

so are there still tix to pton? i'm in now.

Date: November 17, 2005 11:32AM

[Q]so are there still tix to pton? i'm in now.[/q]Do people actually read these threads before posting? There are always tickets available for Princeton, at least SRO.

(Sorry, feeling a little grumpy this morning.)

Two extra tickets
Posted by: PinkyGen (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)
Date: November 18, 2005 06:42PM

Thank's to Princeton's voicemail system screwing up, I have two extra tickets, for seats not by each other.

The first set is for row A, 15-16, North side.
The second set is for row A, 37-38, North side.

I have no desire to scalp, and am quite willing to sell the tickets for face value.

P.S. Never been to the rink, but considering it's row A, the seats sound good.

Re: Two extra tickets
Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 19, 2005 03:40PM

<----- Ticket Exchange

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Two extra tickets
Posted by: PinkyGen (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)
Date: November 19, 2005 04:29PM

Ah, thank ya.

As you can see, kinda new. Wish I discovered this place when actually at Cornell.

Date: November 19, 2005 11:53PM

"North 1"
Row B: 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Row C: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

no idea where these seats are. i checked the princeton site for a seating chart but couldn't find one. anyone know where i could find one?

Date: November 20, 2005 12:00AM

Baker Rink:
[www.tickets.com]

"Check out the Seat Maps for this venue:
Hockey Main"

Not particularly helpful, but better than nothing :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login