Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lenny on OLN tonight

Posted by jkahn 
Lenny on OLN tonight
Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: October 11, 2005 02:48PM

David LeNeveu is expected to start tonight in OLN's nationally televised game.
[www.azcentral.com]

Re: Lenny on OLN tonight
Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 05:05PM

Anyone know if last night's Pittsburgh-Buffalo game was blacked out on Time-Warner? The tv guide channel had the game showing, and there was a special about the NHL draft prior to game time, but then they just aired regular programming. I live on the border of Vermont 45 miles south of Montreal, so I wouldn't really consider myself remotely within the Buffalo ticket area. I really hope tonight's game really is on, and they are not just saying it is.
Go Lenny!!! banana

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.177.---)
Date: October 11, 2005 05:07PM

OLN has apologized for technical difficulties preventing some people from watching the broadcast.

[www.nhl.com]

Date: October 11, 2005 05:16PM

Thanks. I was wondering why I would have been shut out from that one. Its not like OLN is the YES Network, with its efforts to be all-powerful and controlling. (Unfortunately for me, you can get NESN on this side of the lake with some of the sport packages, but the Red Sox games are blocked out thanks to the Evil Empire.)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 05:53PM

[Q]cth95 Wrote:

Thanks. I was wondering why I would have been shut out from that one. Its not like OLN is the YES Network, with its efforts to be all-powerful and controlling. (Unfortunately for me, you can get NESN on this side of the lake with some of the sport packages, but the Red Sox games are blocked out thanks to the Evil Empire.)[/q]

It has little to do with the evil empire, at least I don't think it does. Each team has a home area defined by MLB, and if you're not in that, you can't get it without the subscription packages (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice,e tc). The NY/Vt border would make a logical differntiation between Yankees and Red Sox territory for rights.

Areas *can* overlap (Mets/Yanks, Mets/Yanks/Red Sox in Ct) and ever some other not so obvious ones, but I think they try to avoid it.

Oh, for cheaper, but not tv quality, you can get MLB.tv too, if you have highspeed.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 06:14PM

It is the evil empire, it's just the empire of Bud and not George. Blackout rules in sports are assinine. The operating assumption si that blacking out the out of market team protects the broadcast rights of the local team. In other words, they expect an oyut of market fan to tune in to the local team because baseball teams are interchangeable. As a Yankee fan stuck in California I can assure that this isn't true.

They obviously also want to cash in by selling the subscription packages. But blackout rules preceeded NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings, so these services are not the driving factor.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 06:28PM

At least it's not the stupid NFL blackout rules that blackout a home game locally if the team does not sell out its stadium. Utterly rediculous. Too bad for those fans who don't have $50+ to go to games on Sundays.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: October 11, 2005 06:32PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
But blackout rules preceeded NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings, so these services are not the driving factor.[/q]

Even more ridiculous are the blackout rules that prevent MLB Extra Innings from broadcasting against Fox's Saturday afternoon coverage. As a Yankee fan in Chicago, we got the Cleveland-Chicago game the last Saturday of the season, and the Yankees-Red Sox was not available. One would think that if MLB Extra Innings could show the out of market broadcasts with Fox's feed, both Fox and MLB would be better off.
At least ABC and NHL CenterIce had the sense to allow CenterIce to show all the ABC games rather than limit you to the one being broadcast by your local ABC affiliate.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 11, 2005 06:45PM

[Q]cth95 Wrote:

Anyone know if last night's Pittsburgh-Buffalo game was blacked out on Time-Warner? The tv guide channel had the game showing, and there was a special about the NHL draft prior to game time, but then they just aired regular programming. I live on the border of Vermont 45 miles south of Montreal, so I wouldn't really consider myself remotely within the Buffalo ticket area. I really hope tonight's game really is on, and they are not just saying it is.
Go Lenny!!! [/q]

It's too bad if it was blocked out for you, you missed a team on the verge of greatness led by their young superstar.

That is of course the Sabres led by Hobey Baker winner Ryan Miller nut

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: October 11, 2005 07:05PM

Crap, OLN is only available on digital cable here in Brownsville. I miss my dish. :`(

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: October 11, 2005 07:25PM

That's why I was bummed. I wanted to watch Crosby AND Miller (and Mario). I watched the AHL All-Star skills competition on TV last winter, and Miller was pretty amazing. Considering he is just about the only one with an NCAA GAA better than Lenny or McKee (I think) he must be amazing. All this and I am a Bruins fan ever since the southward migration of the Whalers. (I know, that is a sad thing to admit, but I am secure in my fan loyalties.)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 08:14PM

[Q]BCrespi Wrote:
At least it's not the stupid NFL blackout rules that blackout a home game locally if the team does not sell out its stadium. Utterly rediculous. Too bad for those fans who don't have $50+ to go to games on Sundays.[/q]If (insert team here) had decent fans, this would never be a problem for anybody. :-P

I guess there's at least ONE reason I'm glad to be a fan of a team with a decades-long waiting list for season tickets.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 08:43PM

They just mention another outstanding goalie currently at Cornell, "David McKee" and they played up the whole thing about him being from Texas, since they are playing Dallas.

Date: October 11, 2005 08:44PM

The announcers have made several comments about Cornell hockey. Get to a TV if you can!!!!

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 08:44PM

Does anyone else have really low audio levels on OLN? help

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 11, 2005 08:46PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

Does anyone else have really low audio levels on OLN?[/q]

Yes

Date: October 11, 2005 08:49PM

Low audio only on Albert and JD's mics. Their vamp music and commercials are fine.

Posted by: Robin L (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 08:53PM

I am also getting this additional annoying sound.......

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 08:53PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:
Low audio only on Albert and JD's mics. Their vamp music and commercials are fine.[/q]I think what you mean to say is that their vamp music sucks but the volume on it is fine.

Date: October 11, 2005 08:54PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

Jordan 04 Wrote:
Low audio only on Albert and JD's mics. Their vamp music and commercials are fine.[/Q]
I think what you mean to say is that their vamp music sucks but the volume on it is fine.[/q]

laugh

Date: October 11, 2005 08:56PM

Oh shit, they scored on him. He is not playing well right now, looks very nervous.

Date: October 11, 2005 09:01PM

[Q]Brian Wrote:

Oh shit, they scored on him. He is not playing well right now, looks very nervous.[/q]

He does? Dallas has been on the PP the entire period and it's only 1-0.

Date: October 11, 2005 09:04PM

I'm sure they know about the levels ... but sent an email anyway (feedback@olntv.com)

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 11, 2005 09:07PM

I believe OLN is owned by Daniel Snyder....which is a story on to itself.

Date: October 11, 2005 09:08PM

The announcers just gave more kudos to David McKee and talked about his connection to Texas again.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (209.2.89.---)
Date: October 11, 2005 09:11PM

Sound!!

Date: October 11, 2005 09:12PM

my audio is fixed :-) ... maybe the email helped (i can think that anyway)

Date: October 11, 2005 09:14PM

The OLN set reminds me of the early 90's CBC Hockey Night in Canada set. They're going for the retro style :-P

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 09:17PM

As a Giants fan, this is not a problem for me either, I just think the policy is rediculous. Additionally, while I understand the NFL does not currently have a problem, think about how difficult it is to grow the game in these poorly-attending cities. The stadium is not filled and so the games aren't on TV. This means casual fans can't watch and new fans can't learn to love their home team. This, in turn, will lead to continued low attendance. It's a self-defeating cycle.

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 09:20PM

Unfortunately he is playing very poorly. worry The stats are looking ok, but his control of rebounds is pretty bad and he just seems really nervous. He's coasting on a bit of luck, I think. There's only been one really challenging shot and it went in without Lenny even really going for it.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: October 11, 2005 09:22PM

Well, Pheonix being outshot 11-4 probly isnt helping much either.

Date: October 11, 2005 09:22PM

However, he seemed to get better as the period went on, let's see how he starts the 2nd.

[OT] Jersey Question
Date: October 11, 2005 09:23PM

IIRC, the auctioned "all-Cornell" jerseys were RBK. Does anyone know we'll be wearing RBK jerseys this season as the CCM nameplate has all but disappeared (as of the "New NHL" debut)?

Date: October 11, 2005 09:30PM

... and we're back to low levels screwy

Date: October 11, 2005 09:34PM

Goal Phoenix! 1-1

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: October 11, 2005 09:39PM

Well, I guess Dave's psyching them out - only 3 saves on 5 successful PKs so far. Dallas is afraid to shoot at the mighty Dave! :-P

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: October 11, 2005 09:46PM

Heh. A bit of a scrum - maybe Dave will get a chance to kick Marty's ass... starwars

Date: October 11, 2005 09:48PM

Lenny made a spectacular save one on one, unfortunately with the man advantage at the time.

Date: October 11, 2005 10:05PM

2-1 Stars at the end of two. A bang-bang play, Lenny had no chance.

Date: October 11, 2005 10:41PM

Bad, ad defense by the Coyotes. 3-1 Dallas after a breakaway with Modano and Morrow in all alone on Lenny with no defensemen in sight. Lenny had no shot at all!!!

Date: October 11, 2005 11:00PM

Dallas wins 3-2. Can't blame Lenny for the loss, defense made mistakes and the offense is non-existent due to injuries.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 11, 2005 11:05PM

3 GA isn't really bad for the new NHL.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 11, 2005 11:10PM

Losing 3-2 seems to be en vogue for Phoenix...

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 12, 2005 12:21AM

he looked good, was left out to dry on the 2 on 0. watched highlights on espn :)

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2005 05:43AM

Technical diffculties? Oh, yeah: OLN wouldn't tune on my dish (but all other channels would). On cable, the audio seemed low but you could hear what seemed like the scritch, scritch, scritch of skates on ice.

It came through loud and clear every time in the first period when the announcers noted he was out of position or dropping down low for a shot that went over him, like the first goal.

Posted by: Hair (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 12, 2005 06:45AM

You mean the highlights where they kept calling him "Leveneu"? screwy

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: October 12, 2005 08:49AM

From [www.nhl.com]

[Q]"He's played great for us," Phoenix's Brett Hull said of LeNeveu. "I don't think anybody thought he'd be up here at this point. But with Bouch getting hurt, he's held us in games. I think he's been fantastic."[/Q]

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.37.16.143.adsl.snet.net)
Date: October 12, 2005 09:09AM

[Q]Hair Wrote:

You mean the highlights where they kept calling him "Leveneu"? [/q]

That's better than the Kings game when the LA guys kept calling him "the goaltender."

Date: October 12, 2005 10:47AM

They must be getting serious about keeping Dave up for awhile. In the first game his helmet had "31" on the chin, but his jersey was "30". In this game, I noticed the helmet matched the jersey. Was he wearing "31" in the AHL? Cujo has that number for Phoenix.

Date: October 12, 2005 01:43PM

Yes, he wore 31 in Utah.

Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: October 12, 2005 10:47PM

Then there are the Chicago Blackhawks who refuse to put any of their games on television, even in past years when they sold out every game. When the team started to really stink, many fans drifted away and they didn't have fresh blood to grab the seats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login