Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2 days down....4 to go

Posted by jaybert 
2 days down....4 to go
Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 24, 2005 11:40PM

welp, nothing happened today, same time, same place tomorrow :)

that dj guy was a jerk....teasing us like that many times!

---

another day down...at least the music was better today

i forgot, a big FU to whoever thought it was funny to race down and pretend they were handing out tickets at the football field and causing a near-riot in the process!!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2005 11:43PM by Jason L.

Re: 1 day down....5 to go
Posted by: Free11Skier (209.2.89.---)
Date: September 24, 2005 11:45PM

For your enjoyment tomorrow...

# Bound For Glory -- 8 to 11 pm
The longest-running regular live folk concert broadcast anywhere, BFG brings tomorrow's folk celebrities to Ithaca today. BFG recently celebrated its 1,000th live concert!

# From Left to Right -- 11 pm to Midnight
Tune in to WVBR on Sunday nights for in-depth political discussion from both sides of the spectrum.

It's all part of a plan to weed out the facetimers!

MAE '08

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2005 12:23AM

i swear i was about to take a drill to my temple after having to listen to that awful music... help

Posted by: jimmy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2005 01:48AM

That girl sang like a dying cow...it was painful

Posted by: Joe T (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2005 08:27PM

At least dying cows make steak.

Re: 2 days down....4 to go
Posted by: BMac (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 26, 2005 12:13AM

It can't be near bartels. Did you see how many people were there when the false alarm went out? It wouldn't make sense. They need somewhere they can funnel people and get some semblance of a line.

Posted by: jy3 (---.kaleidahealth.org)
Date: September 26, 2005 05:07AM

[Q]BMac Wrote:

It can't be near bartels. Did you see how many people were there when the false alarm went out? It wouldn't make sense. They need somewhere they can funnel people and get some semblance of a line. [/q]
well there are always the pathways down in the gorge

nut

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 06:28AM

And if the pathways are slippery enough maybe the line would rapidly dwindle leaving tickets for alumni :-D

Posted by: Free11Skier (209.2.89.---)
Date: September 26, 2005 04:42PM

I really hope it pours tonight, keeps the crowds down. I was in the Lynah parking lot on both days and there were about twenty times as many people on Sunday.

MAE '08

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 04:46PM

I dunno man, if the god awful music on Saturday and Sunday did not weed out the crowds, no rain will either.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 04:48PM

[Q]Free11Skier Wrote:

For your enjoyment tomorrow...

# Bound For Glory -- 8 to 11 pm
The longest-running regular live folk concert broadcast anywhere, BFG brings tomorrow's folk celebrities to Ithaca today. BFG recently celebrated its 1,000th live concert!
[/q]

When I was on campus we called it "Bound and Gagged" because that's what we'd have to be to listen to it. nut

Rain tonight
Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 05:46PM

When there was a false alarm lastnight, my housemate was biking SOOOOO FAST through the crowd dodging people left and right.. He barely had control of his bike.

If Gene Nighman cares about health and safety at all, he would not have it tonight. Cos I know 1000+ lynah faithfuls are not going to race to the ticket line through the slippery roads and muddy fields in an orderly fashion. There will be people sprinting on foot, wheelchair, crutches, skateboards, bikes, cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, segways etc... It will be an ugly mayhem... Try adding the rain factor to that... I'm thinking people could become paralyzed for the rest of their lives.

Re: Rain tonight
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 07:15PM

[Q]Oat Wrote:

If Gene Nighman cares about health and safety at all, he would not have it tonight. Cos I know 1000+ lynah faithfuls are not going to race to the ticket line through the slippery roads and muddy fields in an orderly fashion. There will be people sprinting on foot, wheelchair, crutches, skateboards, bikes, cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, segways etc... It will be an ugly mayhem... Try adding the rain factor to that... I'm thinking people could become paralyzed for the rest of their lives.[/q]

Now you're just thinking rationally. There's no place for that here.

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 07:30PM

[Q]Oat Wrote:

When there was a false alarm lastnight, my housemate was biking SOOOOO FAST through the crowd dodging people left and right.. He barely had control of his bike.

If Gene Nighman cares about health and safety at all, he would not have it tonight. Cos I know 1000+ lynah faithfuls are not going to race to the ticket line through the slippery roads and muddy fields in an orderly fashion. There will be people sprinting on foot, wheelchair, crutches, skateboards, bikes, cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, segways etc... It will be an ugly mayhem... Try adding the rain factor to that... I'm thinking people could become paralyzed for the rest of their lives.[/q]

Dear Oat,

You're absolutely right. Even without the rain there's a good chance of someone getting run over. I've commented on that on several threads here. I sent certain people certain e-mails. But the bottom line is that the University is not responsbile if I slip or hit someone with my car. Therefore the University couldn't give a damn.

Posted by: Andy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 07:42PM

Does anyone else feel like the univsersity is usually too stringent with their safety guidelines? No hall sports in the dorms, I have to where safety goggles in a lab even if there are no chemicals involved etc. I for one am glad they are a little more lax in this area.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 08:20PM

[Q]Andy Wrote:

Does anyone else feel like the univsersity is usually too stringent with their safety guidelines? No hall sports in the dorms, I have to where safety goggles in a lab even if there are no chemicals involved etc. I for one am glad they are a little more lax in this area.[/q]

They should clearly try and get students to run each other over in cars as often as possible.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 08:33PM

No hall sports! Oh, the humanity! Many a fine afternoon was spent playing tackle football in the Cascadilla hallways. Nothing like stopping the ball carrier by smashing him into the wall. Especially when he's your RA.

Then again, hall sports may have been against the rules back then too. We just had an RA who liked to participate so enforcement was rather lax...

Posted by: Jwo (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: September 26, 2005 09:31PM

Considering how atrocious the music was on saturday and sunday night, the stuff on WVBR tonight is sounding pretty good. So far theyve played some queen, david bowie, the who. Its definitely a little easier on the ears than ithaska.

Posted by: Joe T (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 12:57AM

I requested Under Pressure. Hells yeah.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login