Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

When do Cornell vs. harvard tickets @ bright go on sale?

Posted by Jay 
When do Cornell vs. harvard tickets @ bright go on sale?
Posted by: Jay (---.opac.cornell.edu)
Date: September 05, 2005 01:23PM

anyone know the date/time they will officially be up for sale? I am definately making it to Boston for this game, and would like to purchase tickets from the office instead of running around like a madman on elynah trying to score some.

Re: When do Cornell vs. harvard tickets @ bright go on sale?
Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 05, 2005 02:31PM

the cornell office usually doesnt have many, and they won't go on sale til after season tix are sold.
harvard's tix should be on sale in late sept or so

Posted by: Jim (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: September 05, 2005 02:56PM

Harvard makes you buy a block of games ot get the Cornell tickets

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 05, 2005 03:03PM

[Q]Jim Wrote:

Harvard makes you buy a block of games ot get the Cornell tickets[/q]
They didn't do this last season. We'll have to wait and see what the policy is this year.

Posted by: Shahar (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 05, 2005 03:58PM

I called last week and the guy practically laughed in my face when I asked if the tickets were on sale yet. He said they are focusing on the season ticket sale right now and that tickets to the Cornell game would probably go on sale late September/early October. He said they will post something on the website.

I asked if there was any mailing list or some way to get notified and he said no. I guess just check their athletic site starting later this month.

On another note, the guy went out of his way to tell me that they 'weren't trying to prevent any group from getting tickets to the game and were trying to be as fair as possible." Hopefully, they won't pull the stupid BS they pulled last year.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: September 05, 2005 04:06PM

What was the BS last year?

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 05, 2005 06:36PM

oops...misread it as having to buy a block of seats, not a block of games.

though it wouldnt be too big of a deal as my gf goes to harvard, and i dont think her roommates have been to any games. how many games were in these blocks they made you purchase previously?
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2005 06:39PM by Jason L.

Date: September 05, 2005 07:06PM

[Q]Jason L Wrote:

though it wouldnt be too big of a deal as my gf goes to harvard, and i dont think her roommates have been to any games. how many games were in these blocks they made you purchase previously?
Edited 2 times. Last edit at 09/05/05 06:39PM by Jason L.[/q]
Seems to me it was three or four games, but I believe that was two seasons ago. Last year I called the Harvard ticket office and they sent me tickets to just the Cornell game--with no fuss or bother.

Posted by: Shahar (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 05, 2005 07:21PM

I'm pretty sure it was last year that they required you to buy tickets to a 3 or 4 game set that included the Cornell one. The only other option was to wait until the last minute and buy standing room tickets, which is what I ended up doing.

Date: September 05, 2005 07:45PM

[Q]Shahar Wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was last year that they required you to buy tickets to a 3 or 4 game set that included the Cornell one. The only other option was to wait until the last minute and buy standing room tickets, which is what I ended up doing.[/q]
No, it was two years ago. Here's one thread from 2003:

[elf.elynah.com]

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 05, 2005 10:14PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Jason L Wrote:

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 09/05/05 06:39PM by Jason L.[/Q]
Seems to me it was three or four games, but I believe that was two seasons ago. Last year I called the Harvard ticket office and they sent me tickets to just the Cornell game--with no fuss or bother.[/q]

Al's right about last year. There were no stipulations last year regarding purchasing tickets to other games. If I remember correctly, however, tickets were sold out the day they went on sale.

Posted by: Shahar (---.travelcleveland.com)
Date: September 07, 2005 05:09PM

sorry, my fault

Posted by: rmandel (---.z15-92-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 01:16PM

From the Harvard Ticket Office Website

[gocrimson.collegesports.com]

Harvard Men's Hockey Ticket Information
2005-2006 Season Ticket information is coming soon! Single game tickets will go on sale Wednesday, October 5th at 10am.

For more information or to be added to our mailing list contact the Harvard Athletic Ticket Office by phone, fax, mail, or in person at:

Harvard University Athletic Ticket Office Murr Center 65 N. Harvard Street Boston, MA 02163
Please call toll free: 1-877-GO-HARVARD.
Fax: 617-496-2270.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 04:53PM

thanks a bunch! guess i will have to skip class (or make my gf goto the office) to get tickets :P

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 13, 2005 08:01PM

[Q]rmandel Wrote:

From the Harvard Ticket Office Websiteesday, October 5th at 10am.

For more information or to be added to our mailing list contact the Harvard Athletic Ticket Office by phone, fax, mail, or in person at:

Harvard University Athletic Ticket Office Murr Center 65 N. Harvard Street Boston, MA 02163
[/q]I can email their web info to a friend, but I can't get on their mailing list by email? screwy

Posted by: Nate 04 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 04:51PM

Does anyone know how hard it is to get tickets from Bright for the Cornell game? Is it possible to just order them over the phone on the day tickets go on sale? Or will there be a mad rush of Cornell alums trying to relive their glory days of waiting in a line for tickets, thus overtaking the Harvard ticket office and making it impossible to order tickets without pitching a tent, making a campfire and living like a bum for several days while waiting for tickets to go on sale?

That actually almost sounds like fun. Basically I'm wondering if I should skip a day/morning of work and hike over to Bright or just run up the company phone bill waiting to get someone over the phone?

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 05:12PM

[Q]rmandel Wrote:

From the Harvard Ticket Office Website

Harvard Men's Hockey Ticket Information
2005-2006 Season Ticket information is coming soon! Single game tickets will go on sale Wednesday, October 5th at 10am.

[/q]

I refuse to dial "Go Harvard". Couldn't they have the decency to set up an alternate line as 1-877-GO-SUCKS?

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: September 26, 2005 06:42PM

1-877-GO-HARVARD is actually the same thing as 1-877-GO-HA-SUCKS (or 1-877-HOG-A-PUCK).

Posted by: Molly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 26, 2005 08:28PM

I actually called the ticket office today to ask if they gave preference to those who showed up in person as opposed to those who called. The person said there was no difference between calling and showing up in person.

Personally, I've always had no problems getting tickets via the phone. Too bad this year I have an exam from 9-11am that morning. Graduate school sucks. :-(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login