Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell All-Access

Posted by DeltaOne81 
Cornell All-Access
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 09:18AM

Interesting offer.

[allaccess.cstv.com]

I wish they would lay out exactly what it includes. Hockey video? Lacrosse video? Video of what and audio of what? Does anyone know. Might be tempting if it really is 'all access'.

Re: Cornell All-Access
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 31, 2005 09:43AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Interesting offer.

I wish they would lay out exactly what it includes. Hockey video? Lacrosse video? Video of what and audio of what? Does anyone know. Might be tempting if it really is 'all access'.[/q]
Yes, it seems deliberately vague. What exactly are "home team calls?" Prospective subscribers really need to know which "50 LIVE" games are included. And which will be video as opposed to just audio. And will audio be synched with video.

Most of the other stuff is eyewash, and Gametracker was free last year. "News, Scores, and Highlights" sounds like what cornellbigred.com is supposed to be for. So far it appears to be the usual empty hype with little specific substance. If this announcement came into my email I'd quickly forward it to "missed-spam@comcast.net." Cornell Athletics continues to disappoint, I regret to have to say.

Date: August 31, 2005 10:51AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:
If this announcement came into my email I'd quickly forward it to "missed-spam@comcast.net." Cornell Athletics continues to disappoint, I regret to have to say.[/q]

You'll be happy to know then that I had to fish this one out of the junk folder ;) (not kidding).

I'm thinking of contacting Cornell and seeing if I can get more details. If anyone has any personal knowledge of what this will or won't include, please do share.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: August 31, 2005 11:09AM

If Cornell already has signed exclusive agreements to put their game feeds on proprietary systems, they will have painted themselves into a corner if they are trying to set up their own outlet.

But in principle, I would love it if schools went to their own distribution, rather than pouring their feeds into generic, multi-school outlets. By definition, Cornell knows their own schedules and changes better than a Walmart-like distributor, they will find it easier to call the booth at Lynah and tell the tech that he just knocked the plug out of the board, and they will be incentified to deliver better service so as not to piss off the alumni. If they have the system in place, it would even be worth buying out of their existing contracts, IMHO.

If it worked, and it was a central source for all hockey, football, and lax feeds, I would pay a lot more than I pay now.

IF it worked.

Date: August 31, 2005 12:04PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
But in principle, I would love it if schools went to their own distribution, rather than pouring their feeds into generic, multi-school outlets. By definition, Cornell knows their own schedules and changes better than a Walmart-like distributor, they will find it easier to call the booth at Lynah and tell the tech that he just knocked the plug out of the board, and they will be incentified to deliver better service so as not to piss off the alumni. If they have the system in place, it would even be worth buying out of their existing contracts, IMHO.
[/q]
It concerns me, however, that the web site touting all these wonders is allaccess.cstv.com.

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 01:02PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:
Interesting offer.

I wish they would lay out exactly what it includes. Hockey video? Lacrosse video? Video of what and audio of what? Does anyone know. Might be tempting if it really is 'all access'.[/Q]
Yes, it seems deliberately vague. What exactly are "home team calls?" Prospective subscribers really need to know which "50 LIVE" games are included. And which will be video as opposed to just audio. And will audio be synched with video.

[/q]

From their website description:
[q]It's the best seat in our house - with exclusive live game audio, video, features, interviews, coaches' shows and more! Membership in All-Access brings the passion, tradition and excitement of our teams directly to you with comprehensive, easy-to access multimedia coverage.[/q]

I don't understand that to include any live video. Sounds to me like a replacement to the Realplayer sportspass subscription thing they had for the radio audio feed last year. I see "live game audio", then "video". In the details part it says "On-Demand video and audio clips from campus", which to me means some archived video footage, but not whole games nor live. I think by home call they mean just that -- the call. No video feed.

Just my 3 cents worth (mirroring gas price inflation).

Crodge

Date: August 31, 2005 01:26PM

[Q]crodger1 Wrote:
I don't understand that to include any live video. Sounds to me like a replacement to the Realplayer sportspass subscription thing they had for the radio audio feed last year. [/q]
I think you're exactly right. And it looks like Gametracker may now be brought under the fee umbrella, too.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 05:55PM

As for 50 games, that could be full seasons of only two sports we dont care about, for all we know.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-194-92.myvzw.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 07:15PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

crodger1 Wrote:
I don't understand that to include any live video. Sounds to me like a replacement to the Realplayer sportspass subscription thing they had for the radio audio feed last year. [/Q]
I think you're exactly right. And it looks like Gametracker may now be brought under the fee umbrella, too.[/q]

They're going to need a major upgrade for Gametracker to worth any (even minimal) fee. Gametracker updates are painfully slow. I'm not sure it's "free" is a suitable fee.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: August 31, 2005 07:40PM

I continue to think that the administration is missing a good opportunity here. The easier it is (i.e. free, easy access to games) for alumni to stay connected, the bigger the eventual payback. One example is how many of us quickly pitched in to finance the Pep Band trip to Minnesota, just because we were connected to the hockey program via eLynah.
Also, I think it would be a great recruiting tool to have the games easily available to future Cornellians. It would be great if those in the Nanaimo locker room could quickly tune to watch last year's teammate play for Cornell. Being able to watch the games from Lynah could sway a decision in favor of going to Cornell. Right now, the recruit might listen to Cornell by tuning into the free broadcasts of Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard, etc. Similarly, parents and siblings of players would benefit as well.

Date: August 31, 2005 09:21PM

[Q]jkahn Wrote:

I continue to think that the administration is missing a good opportunity here. The easier it is (i.e. free, easy access to games) for alumni to stay connected, the bigger the eventual payback. One example is how many of us quickly pitched in to finance the Pep Band trip to Minnesota, just because we were connected to the hockey program via eLynah.
Also, I think it would be a great recruiting tool to have the games easily available to future Cornellians. It would be great if those in the Nanaimo locker room could quickly tune to watch last year's teammate play for Cornell. Being able to watch the games from Lynah could sway a decision in favor of going to Cornell. Right now, the recruit might listen to Cornell by tuning into the free broadcasts of Brown, Dartmouth, Harvard, etc. Similarly, parents and siblings of players would benefit as well.[/q]
I think it's called "penny-wise and pound-foolish." We tried to tell 'em but, of course, they knew better.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2005 11:44AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

It concerns me, however, that the web site touting all these wonders is allaccess.cstv.com.[/q]

Especially since CSTV is owns CollegeSports.com. OTOH, if they do have the away audio and the home video on the same subscription service, that would work for us.

Let's ask nicely to the folks at Athletics just what this entails before writing this off as another mistake.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: September 01, 2005 12:18PM

[q]Let's ask nicely to the folks at Athletics just what this entails before writing this off as another mistake.[/q]Yes, we should give them the benefit of the doubt... and THEN pillory them for being stupid. :-D

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.aere.iastate.edu)
Date: September 01, 2005 01:16PM

[Q]crodger1 Wrote:

Just my 3 cents worth (mirroring gas price inflation).

Crodge[/q]

Here in Iowa, prices jumped from about 2.52 to 3.09 in two days!

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: September 01, 2005 05:41PM

What frosts me is that Colgate "gets it" and the AD at Cornell doesn't.

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: September 01, 2005 06:59PM

If you get 24 mpg, it'll cost you a dollar to drive FOUR MILES. Might as well jog it.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 01, 2005 09:52PM

There have been a lot of stories of siphoning in my neighborhood. Black gold, right on the streets.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.research.cornell.edu)
Date: September 02, 2005 01:24PM

Good thing this is the month where I'll drive to NYC and back on consecutive weekends... twitch

As far as the athletics department goes, I find they are usually very adverse to implementing things that are Not Their Own Idea, regardless of how good/helpful/cost-effective/etc plans from other souces may be in comparison to their own. It was their idea to outsource to this All-Access thing, therefore it is unquestionably "good." I understand the entire problem radiates from athletics human resources and their typical ineptitude.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 03, 2005 09:03PM

This is all about yield management, just like at American Airlines or DisneyWorld. Cornell can probably stick me for $100 a year for various Webcast stuff whether a la carte or season ticket and I'd pay. I don't know as I'd tune to more stuff if it was free. I might tune to less if it was $15 a game or pass entirely if it was $250 a year.

By the time I've paid $50 for cable TV and $50 for satellite and $45 for cable modem and $60 for two cellphones and $13 for Sirius and $15 for Rhapsody and $60 for broadand wireless in the laptop each month, what Cornell is sticking me for is rounding error stuff.

'course, it may feel different if you're three years out of school and paying off loans and trying to make a go of it on $38K a year.

Ithaca College football webcasts
Date: September 04, 2005 07:57AM

Here's a data point from our "wealthy" South Hill neighbors:

[bombers.ithaca.edu]

Re: free gametracker
Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: September 10, 2005 09:13PM

at least for football. Univ of michigan, norte dame and univ of akron are 3 schools contracting with cstv all access for the audio feed of the sporting events. I was able to follow the mich-nd and akron-purdue games via game tracker this afternoon.

a quick survey indicates that harvard, brown, and princeton are also part of the cstv (st. lawrence and clarkson to not appear to be on the list). I don't know if real audio is doing their college sports pass. the other "pay for audio" service is yahoo (which has the purdue sporting events).

I sent an email today to cstv all access to find out if the monthly fee entitles me to access to *all* events from *all* the schools they contract with or just one school. I'll post the response when I get it.

however, i think in order to have access to an event, there must be a feed provided by the school with the cstv contract. Thus if the school doesn't ordinarily provide a radio broadcast, i don't think cstv will send out a crew to do it. this can probably be tested with men's and women's soccer this fall.

Rita

Bucknell video webcast
Date: September 12, 2005 10:16PM

The puff piece for this Saturday's football game with Bucknell says a video webcast will be included in the Cornell All-Access package.

"The game will also be the first contest to be broadcast as part of the Ivy League's new multi-year agreement with SIRIUS Satellite Radio and will be available as part of the "Game of the Week: package. Specifics of the broadcast will be announced later this week. The game will also be available with live streaming video of the contest as part of the Cornell All-Access package that is available through the athletic department's web site, www.CornellBigRed.com. The audio broadcast of the game will be synched in with the video as Barry Leonard provides play-by-play and Buck Briggs serves as color analyst."

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 13, 2005 07:57AM

They're called game notes, Al, and they're pretty standard for any athletic communications department to put out for the major sport being played that season. Everything on the Cornell athletics website *should* be a puff piece, as the site exists to promote Cornell athletics.

Date: September 13, 2005 10:18AM

So has anyone gotten any response as to just what this All Access stuff will include?

I never did. Perhaps a direct email to someone in athletics is in order.

Date: September 13, 2005 11:14AM

[Q]Jerseygirl Wrote:

They're called game notes, Al, and they're pretty standard for any athletic communications department to put out for the major sport being played that season. Everything on the Cornell athletics website *should* be a puff piece, as the site exists to promote Cornell athletics.[/q]
Which is why I called it a "puff piece." I don't see the point of your posting.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (209.191.246.---)
Date: September 13, 2005 11:31AM

Because why not just call them game notes? Do you call a hockey game recap a "puff piece" just because it's written by Cornell Athletics, posted on www.cornellbigred.com and meant to portray the team in the best possible light?

Your phrase seemed snarky, which is why I snarked back. I know this crowd likes to get in as many digs at Cornell Athletics as possible, especially where broadcast access is concerned. But we'll have that discussion later this year, I suppose.

I don't see the point of a lot of things, and yet they exist. Life is so difficult, eh?

Date: September 13, 2005 11:55AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

So has anyone gotten any response as to just what this All Access stuff will include?
[/q]
Buried deep in that same puff piece I cited above is the following statement: "You can see live streaming video of each of the Big Red's five home [football] games with the purchase of the Cornell All-Access pass through CSTV."

Date: September 14, 2005 12:38AM

Has anyone actually tried this? I was looking for a test clip to see if I could make it work on a non-corporate operating system, but all I could find were "BUY" links, and even trying to get an account made their scripts crash.

At last, a few specifics...
Date: September 14, 2005 10:09PM

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Re: At last, a few specifics...
Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: September 14, 2005 10:24PM

OUCH!!!! $39.95 for year-round all access for cornell sports and then another $20 for access to all college football on the cstv network!

I've yet to get a response from cstv as to what exactly the fee entitles one too. Will there be another fee for access to all the college hockey games? what about squeakball?? This could get quite expensive.

rita

Posted by: pfibiger (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 14, 2005 10:25PM

I have to say, $39.95 for the year, including all the audio, and video for both all home football and hockey games is definitely a step up from the previous offerings. If they end up doing some home lacrosse games as well, that'd be icing. I still think in terms of university goodwill, tis $39.95 is ridiculous, but at least we don't have to pay for 2 services to get access to home and away games, it's a step in the right direction.

Date: September 14, 2005 10:37PM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

I have to say, $39.95 for the year, including all the audio, and video for both all home football and hockey games is definitely a step up from the previous offerings. If they end up doing some home lacrosse games as well, that'd be icing. I still think in terms of university goodwill, tis $39.95 is ridiculous, but at least we don't have to pay for 2 services to get access to home and away games, it's a step in the right direction.[/q]
Agree on all counts. Just received my "confirmation" and apparently you somehow agree in the T's and C's to have the pass "renewed" and automatically charged to your credit card unless you tell them you want to cancel via email.

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: September 14, 2005 11:00PM

40 bucks is pretty steep...when you consider that MLB charged $80 for every game of every team for the entire season (except games in your home market and national TV games, which you can see anyway). That's about 2,000 games. MLB.tv was worth it, but I don't know if this is.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: September 14, 2005 11:29PM

I think this is reasonable enough to purchase.

This and Center Ice should keep me happy :)

Date: September 15, 2005 08:56AM

[Q]Rita Wrote:
OUCH!!!! $39.95 for year-round all access for cornell sports and then another $20 for access to all college football on the cstv network!
[/q]

As long as this includes the hockeycam, $40 is fine by me. We paid more than that for just the home hockey video last season ($5/game or $50/season IIRC) and that didn't come with audio. I still wish there were a free audio-only service (although I would pay for the video even if there were), but I can't complain about getting more than last season for less than I was willing to pay then. And being separated from my dish for a while, I might even contemplate paying $20 extra for all of CSTV's hockey coverage, if such a thing were offered.

My problem is whether to cough up the bucks up front before seeing even a sample product. (And Kyle--I assume--and I at least are curious whether the feed will work under Linux, or if some DRM crap requires the use of Windoze/Mac.)

Date: September 15, 2005 01:10PM

Is there any point to DRM for streaming video? As long as you can't save it, why would you need to manage rights to view it? Log in and password should be all the rights needed... or am I missing something? If I'm right, then something that does WMV v3 - i.e. WMP 9 or newer - should suffice.

Although I'm curious if there's any money back guarantee if it doesn't work with your system or the quality is awful in the first month or so. But assuming good quality, $40 for a years worth of audio and video (I hope it'll include some lax video, since it's set up in Schollkopf anyway), isn't a bad deal. That's about $1 a week for Cornell sports.

If you're really worried, you could probably do the monthly package. You'd end up paying a little more, but that would essentially be an 'insurance premium' against crappiness.

Edit: There's only a 10 day money back guarantee for season subscriptions. So I would at least do it within 10 days of being able to view a football game, so that you can make sure at least that is working alright.

But there is a system requirement page which seems to confirm my guess of only needing WMP9 or better - [secure.cstv.com]

Main info page: [secure.cstv.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2005 01:14PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: September 15, 2005 03:14PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:
But there is a system requirement page which seems to confirm my guess of only needing WMP9 or better [/q]

WMP does not exist for my operating system of choice. I can generally view WMV, ASX, etc using xine/kaffeine, but my operating system is not even acknowledged on their system requirements page. As usual. It does, however, say "other configurations may work". I just want to check whether mine does or not.

Date: September 15, 2005 04:17PM

JTW, I thought you had an alternate boot option, no? Maybe not.

Basically, if you could play the XMI media from last year, you should be able to play this. If not, not.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (206.254.3.---)
Date: September 15, 2005 05:36PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

JTW, I thought you had an alternate boot option, no? Maybe not.

Basically, if you could play the XMI media from last year, you should be able to play this. If not, not.[/q]

I can boot in Windoze, but I don't want to. (Especially since I don't currently have the setup to send the video to my TV.) I was able to watch the XMI video in kaffeine, but for example that didn't work with the IHWC video. But I think that was a DRM issue.

Doesn't the 10-day guarantee specify "unused"? I think my experimentation to make this work (e.g., get the stream address from Windoze and try to use it under Linux) might register as "using" the service.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mtholyoke.edu)
Date: September 15, 2005 08:09PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:
Doesn't the 10-day guarantee specify "unused"? I think my experimentation to make this work (e.g., get the stream address from Windoze and try to use it under Linux) might register as "using" the service.[/q]

So it does. Damnit. Well, it better work then ;), especially since I meet the Mac requirements they list.

So far so good...
Date: September 17, 2005 10:01AM

Okay, so I broke down and bought the All-Access season pass on faith. The pre-game hasn't started yet, but with a little "show info" and cutting and pasting, I was able to open a stream of the "This stream is not yet available" message in kaffeine.

Are Kyle and I the only ones stubborn enough to try to watch/listen under Linux?

Re: So far so good...
Date: September 17, 2005 11:06AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Okay, so I broke down and bought the All-Access season pass on faith. The pre-game hasn't started yet, but with a little "show info" and cutting and pasting, I was able to open a stream of the "This stream is not yet available" message in kaffeine.

Are Kyle and I the only ones stubborn enough to try to watch/listen under Linux?[/q]
No "pre-game" as of 11:05, but a two-hour pre-game show seemed more than a bit of a stretch, even though that's what's posted on the CSTV website.

Date: September 17, 2005 11:35AM

There is a video link up, but the stream isn't working. Can someone using a recognized OS confirm this?

Date: September 17, 2005 11:41AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

There is a video link up, but the stream isn't working. Can someone using a recognized OS confirm this?[/q]
Confirmed. The audio says audibly "will be available shortly" and the video link goes to "ready" but then shows nothing. At least the video link has appeared.

Date: September 17, 2005 12:16PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Are Kyle and I the only ones stubborn enough to try to watch/listen under Linux?[/Q]
No "pre-game" as of 11:05, but a two-hour pre-game show seemed more than a bit of a stretch, even though that's what's posted on the CSTV website.[/q]
The 11:00 "pre-game" announcement has been removed from the schedule listing as of noon.

Date: September 17, 2005 12:47PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

The 11:00 "pre-game" announcement has been removed from the schedule listing as of noon.[/q]

Stream still not working for me as of 12:38 EDT.

Date: September 17, 2005 12:49PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Al DeFlorio Wrote:

The 11:00 "pre-game" announcement has been removed from the schedule listing as of noon.[/Q]
Stream still not working for me as of 12:38 EDT.[/q]
Neither audio nor video link working at 12:48.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 17, 2005 12:59PM

Mine just goes to 'Connecting to Media...' and then gives an error 'Cannot open the file'. I think much of a pregame is a little much to ask probably at this. Heck, if we get decent quality video without missing too much of the start of the game, it won't be a bad beginning. T-minute 1 minute until 1 PM.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:02PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Mine just goes to 'Connecting to Media...' and then gives an error 'Cannot open the file'. I think much of a pregame is a little much to ask probably at this. Heck, if we get decent quality video without missing too much of the start of the game, it won't be a bad beginning. T-minute 1 minute until 1 PM.[/q]

T-plus one minute here, and still same deal on both feeds: audio window embeds "stream not availabe", video feed doesn't work. (The error messages under Linux are less informative in this case, but the behavior is the standard one when a feed doesn't actually exist.)

ETA: IRC chat on irc://irc.warped.net/lynah if anyone wants to debug in real time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2005 01:03PM by jtwcornell91.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:03PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Mine just goes to 'Connecting to Media...' and then gives an error 'Cannot open the file'. I think much of a pregame is a little much to ask probably at this. Heck, if we get decent quality video without missing too much of the start of the game, it won't be a bad beginning. T-minute 1 minute until 1 PM.[/q]
I didn't "ask" for it. They told me I was gonna get it. It's just shoddy. Still no broadcast at 1:03.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:06PM

The free Bucknell audio broadcast is working. We've missed three Cornell first downs.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:07PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

The free Bucknell audio broadcast is working. We've missed three Cornell first downs.[/q]

Link?

ETA: [www.sportsjuice.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2005 01:09PM by jtwcornell91.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:07PM

Kuhn runs it in to complete an 80-yard drive with the opening kickoff.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:08PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Al DeFlorio Wrote:

The free Bucknell audio broadcast is working. We've missed three Cornell first downs.[/Q]
Link?[/q]

[www.sportsjuice.com]

Go down to 12:30. Apparently they had a pre-game, too.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:09PM

All I mean is, after all the problems we've had with this stuff over the years, while we perfectly have the right to be upset, we should at least expect as much.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me 25 times, well, it's about time we expected it.

I don't really care much about this actual game, this is more of just a tech test for me. I probably wouldn't even know this game was on right now if it wasn't for this All Access thing.

Meanwhile, on a first major day or the college football season, I don't think Cornell/Bucknell is the major concern of the CSTV people. Not that it's still not bull, just that we should expect as much (or as little).

Date: September 17, 2005 01:13PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

All I mean is, after all the problems we've had with this stuff over the years, while we perfectly have the right to be upset, we should at least expect as much.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me 25 times, well, it's about time we expected it.

I don't really care much about this actual game, this is more of just a tech test for me. I probably wouldn't even know this game was on right now if it wasn't for this All Access thing.

Meanwhile, on a first major day or the college football season, I don't think Cornell/Bucknell is the major concern of the CSTV people. Not that it's still not bull, just that we should expect as much (or as little).[/q]
My view is that if the dopes in Cornell Athletics insist that we pay for this stuff then they should see that we get decent service. I can't even find a "Help" link anywhere to ask what's up. That kind of customer service is simply unacceptable to me.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:15PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

My view is that if the dopes in Cornell Athletics insist that we pay for this stuff then they should see that we get decent service. I can't even find a "Help" link anywhere to ask what's up. That kind of customer service is simply unacceptable to me.[/q]

They also still haven't answered the question I emailed to customerservice@website.cstv.com a couple of days ago.

Date: September 17, 2005 01:15PM

VIDEO!!

Date: September 17, 2005 01:22PM

The FAQ had an 800 number. Check the bottom of most pages for a very small link to: [allaccess.cstv.com]

I'm just saying all, that video (and decent quality at that) kicking in 15 minutes into the game, was really one of my better scenarios on how this would work.

You're completely right from a 'what we deserve' perspective and 'what they promised' and etc, etc, etc. I can't argue with you one bit about what *should* be. I'm just saying that it's about time that we lower our expectations on these things. I'm sure even the hockey cam went through a lot of debugging, and Ivy sports are never gonna be the priority of a streaming service. It's stupid, and no, it's not 'right', but it's how it is. Lower your expectations a little and you'll save an ulcer or two ;)

Date: September 17, 2005 03:30PM

I was able to get the audio feed to play in kaffeine. The video feed had decent video, but the audio was uselessly choppy. Under windoze the feed runs for a while but rebuffers a lot. Not sure if that's a network/system thing on my end, though.

Date: September 17, 2005 03:34PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

I was able to get the audio feed to play in kaffeine. The video feed had decent video, but the audio was uselessly choppy. Under windoze the feed runs for a while but rebuffers a lot. Not sure if that's a network/system thing on my end, though.[/q]
Nothing remotely like that here using cable and the standard Microsoft software.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: September 17, 2005 03:47PM

That wasn't too bad really. It would be nice to have a screen option between tiny and full. I'm also a little skeptical about the quality for hockey. We shall see...

Date: September 24, 2005 01:05PM

Hey, what a surprise. 13:04 EDT and no feed yet for the Cornell-Yale football game.

Date: September 24, 2005 01:17PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Hey, what a surprise. 13:04 EDT and no feed yet for the Cornell-Yale football game.[/q]

Feed is up now, quarter past kickoff.

Date: September 24, 2005 09:39PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Hey, what a surprise. 13:04 EDT and no feed yet for the Cornell-Yale football game.[/q]

Maybe they should call it "Cornell Some-Access."

Football @ Colgate 10/1
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.37.77.229.adsl.snet.net)
Date: October 01, 2005 01:26PM

Anyone getting a feed? I've got nothing so far...

Re: Football @ Colgate 10/1
Date: October 01, 2005 01:41PM

Update: 1:42, there's a feed now, but it sounds like someone on a cell phone going through a series of tunnels. It's about 3 words a minute... $40 for this? What a joke.

Re: Football @ Colgate 10/1
Date: October 01, 2005 02:09PM

To provide closure, the feed picked up at about 2pm with under 10 minutes to go in the second. Who needs the pregame and first third of the game anyway? It's 10-6 colgate. Cornell once led 6-0 I'm told.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login