Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Estero-Nieuwy Trip?

Posted by Trotsky 
Estero-Nieuwy Trip?
Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: August 04, 2005 09:47AM

The Florida Hockey Classic is on December 27-28 in Estero.

The Panthers have home games (7/7:30) on December 26, 28, and 30 at the Office Depot Center, which appears to be in a fetid swamp somewhere west of Fort Lauderdale.

Estero-Ft. Lauderdale mapquests as 123 miles, or approximately 1 hour if Age or Quinn drives.

Re: Estero-Nieuwy Trip?
Posted by: Beeeej (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 04, 2005 11:18AM

Well, my goodness, it might finally be time for another Estero trip!

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: August 04, 2005 12:51PM

Damn! One of those Panthers game is against the Flyers. I'd go if I didn't have an out of country vacation planned and paid for.

Maybe next year.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bu.edu)
Date: August 05, 2005 01:46PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Well, my goodness, it might finally be time for another Estero trip!

Beeeej[/q]

Or time for a first :-D

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.wholesystems.com)
Date: August 08, 2005 04:30PM

Attending the Everblades tournament plus the Panthers game on 12/30 sounds like a great idea to me!

Is it too soon to start making plans? Perhaps we should wait a bit to ensure that additional trades/roster moves aren't forthcoming. I'm not likely to go out of my way for a Panther's game if there aren't any Cornellians involved.

Anne '85

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 09:43AM

Anybody still interested in this? We'd probably want to spend New Year's Eve somewhere in Florida while we were at it.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 10:06AM

'fraid not; happily, I've got a wedding to attend that week.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 10:40AM

I'm still thinking of it, I'd put it in the probably category. Although I'm not sure if I'd stay through the New Year or what. I do need to work soon after New Years and I might like a couple days at home to recooperate.

I was worried how Naples/Estero held up in Wilma, but the Florida Everblades played their home opener last night without issue it seems ( [floridaeverblades.com] ). Definitely considering a Panthers game, although damn in NHL tickets aren't so expensive. Maybe if there's a bunch of us, we can get a group rate :)

Anyone else going? Any recommendations on where to stay? (At least town/area, cause I usually do Priceline and save a fortune, so I don't need a specific hotel)

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 12:24PM

I spent about 2 hours the other day looking at pretty much every flight combo in and out of LGA/JFK/EWR to TPA/SRQ/PBI/FLL/MIA/RSW. Found some good flight combos, found the necessary hotels...

But then I did the rental car search, and that pretty much put the kabosh on my trip for now. Rates are going for about $85/day, and I'd plan to be down there for 3-4 days, so that just wasn't reasonable. If people are headed down there and we can coordinate a vehicle/ride situation, I may consider it again.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 01:36PM

Living in Florida now, I've decided it's my duty to support Cornell when it plays in the South. Sadly, I live on the Alabama state border, but as I've got friends and relatives in Tampa, I'll be doing the eight-hour drive there shortly after Christmas, driving to Estero with them, and cheering on Cornell.

There's a possibility that my car would be available for others, but as I'm just starting to plan the trip, that's in no way definite.

Posted by: Don (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 29, 2005 10:09PM

Does anyone know the hotel where the team stays at during the Everblades Tournament? Thanks,
Don

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 11:28PM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:
But then I did the rental car search, and that pretty much put the kabosh on my trip for now. Rates are going for about $85/day, and I'd plan to be down there for 3-4 days, so that just wasn't reasonable. If people are headed down there and we can coordinate a vehicle/ride situation, I may consider it again.[/q]

Did you try pricelining a car? Never done it, but with the rates they get on hotels, I wouldn't be shocked to think that may be a very good deal. Second to that, I bet you may be able to find some holiday specials.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 01:07AM

[Q]Jordan 04 Wrote:

I spent about 2 hours the other day looking at pretty much every flight combo in and out of LGA/JFK/EWR to TPA/SRQ/PBI/FLL/MIA/RSW. Found some good flight combos...[/q]But you're not going to tell us WHAT THEY WERE? :-( :-P

Date: October 31, 2005 08:02AM

[Q]Don Wrote:

Does anyone know the hotel where the team stays at during the Everblades Tournament? Thanks,
Don[/q]

In the past they have stayed in Bonita Springs, but I don't know that it's always at the same hotel.

Date: October 31, 2005 08:03AM

[Q]Liz '05 Wrote:

Living in Florida now, I've decided it's my duty to support Cornell when it plays in the South. Sadly, I live on the Alabama state border, but as I've got friends and relatives in Tampa, I'll be doing the eight-hour drive there shortly after Christmas, driving to Estero with them, and cheering on Cornell.

There's a possibility that my car would be available for others, but as I'm just starting to plan the trip, that's in no way definite.[/q]

Heh. I was going to offer to carpool (since Pensacola is on my way from New Orleans). Let me know if you have more friends than can comfortably fit in your car for the long haul.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 09:28AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Liz '05 Wrote:

There's a possibility that my car would be available for others, but as I'm just starting to plan the trip, that's in no way definite.[/Q]
Heh. I was going to offer to carpool (since Pensacola is on my way from New Orleans). Let me know if you have more friends than can comfortably fit in your car for the long haul.[/q]

The new plan might be to drive to Tampa before Christmas and fly in and out of there (to CT). It's cheaper, among other considerations. I'll email you if carpooling looks like a possibility :)

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: November 01, 2005 02:11PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Jordan 04 Wrote:
But then I did the rental car search, and that pretty much put the kabosh on my trip for now. Rates are going for about $85/day, and I'd plan to be down there for 3-4 days, so that just wasn't reasonable. If people are headed down there and we can coordinate a vehicle/ride situation, I may consider it again.[/Q]
Did you try pricelining a car? Never done it, but with the rates they get on hotels, I wouldn't be shocked to think that may be a very good deal. Second to that, I bet you may be able to find some holiday specials.[/q]

Absolutely give Priceline a shot. If your offer is ridiculously low, they'll kick it back. Bump it upwards until you get a nibble. I won't rent a car any other way anymore, if my own money's on the line.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 06:32PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

Jordan 04 Wrote:

I spent about 2 hours the other day looking at pretty much every flight combo in and out of LGA/JFK/EWR to TPA/SRQ/PBI/FLL/MIA/RSW. Found some good flight combos...[/Q]
But you're not going to tell us WHAT THEY WERE? [/q]

Maybe you missed my point. What flight combos did you find? :)
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2005 06:32PM by jmh30.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 01, 2005 10:22PM

My bad....missed this...will look at my notes when I get into work tomorrow.

Although who knows what may have changed in 3 days when you're dealing with Christmas-time flights.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login