Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Your line-up for next year

Posted by Andy '06 
Your line-up for next year
Posted by: Andy '06 (---.222-131-66.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: May 25, 2005 12:06PM

Please post your line-up for next year...

Re: Your line-up for next year
Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: May 25, 2005 12:14PM

Sorry, but I don't usually plan that far out.

Ask me around October or November though and I'll be glad to let you know what I've got planned.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2005 02:24PM

Moulson-Bitz-Scott
Barlow-Pegoraro-Hynes
Abbott-Abbott-Sawada
Kindret/Mugford-Kennedy-Carefoot

O-Byrne-Seminoff
Gleed-Pokuluk
Glover-Krantz

Kindret and Mugford are both similar players and they will probably both be battling for the 12th forward spot. I tend to think that Kindret has higher offensive upside but Mugford is the better overall player at this point with greater experience. Barlow and Scott can both play center as well as the wing so if Kennedy isn't ready I would imagine one of them will move over, more likely Scott. Obviously there are some question marks on the blueline. Davenport will get his chance but I really like Glover and generally think that he is very solid and steady.

Posted by: Harrier (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2005 03:55PM

Scott first line wing? Powerplay yes, but no way replacing Hynes on the first line. Didn't you also say all year that Bitz could not play center? Until somebody can stop the current first line they will stay together. Hynes also protects and creates space for Moulson, put Scott out there and Moulson takes tons of abuse he does not get with Hynes on the wing.

Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: May 25, 2005 04:33PM

Scott and Pegoraro are small players and a physical presence needs to be on the line with them. Barlow will certainly not be a physical presence because he is tiny, and Hynes could fill that role.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 25, 2005 05:13PM

I agree that it's nice to see that dominant first line, but it's been pretty clear to me that coach likes a balanced team. Anyway, tough to argue about now. We shall see. Let's Go Red.

Date: May 25, 2005 07:23PM

[Q]Harrier Wrote:

Scott first line wing? Powerplay yes, but no way replacing Hynes on the first line. Didn't you also say all year that Bitz could not play center? Until somebody can stop the current first line they will stay together. Hynes also protects and creates space for Moulson, put Scott out there and Moulson takes tons of abuse he does not get with Hynes on the wing.[/q]

Well Scott played almost the entire second half of the season on the wing and actually did quite well. Some how he manages to win most of his battles along the boards and in the corners. I still don't think much of Bitz at center primarily because he is weak defensively and doesn't have the best hockey sense but I've pretty much accepted the fact that Schafer will have him there due to the the need to have size down the middle and Bitz certainly fills that (while Pegoraro and Chris Abbott are the two centers with the most responsibility, they are both 6'0 or under) . Although it is probably likely that Hynes will stay on the top line, I think it would be best to take him off that line. He is an outstanding player who brings a certain edge to the game, but honestly I think he has a lot more in him than he has done so far in his career. I am expecting a HUGE season from him next year and I think putting him a role with more primary offensive responsibility would be the best decision in maximizing his abilities. Putting him with two high skill guys that will be able generate more chances in tight and off the rush than Bitz and Moulson will be more conducive to his style of play. As well I am personally a big advocate of scoring depth and putting freshmen in roles where they are playing with experience. I think Bitz and Scott are both good puck feeders and are adept at finding the open man (more so than Hynes who plays a totally different style) who will obviously be Moulson 5-on-5.
Also, I didn't mention this is my original post but a I think a HUGE x-factor is incoming freshman Matt Connors. I would not be at all surprised to see him end up on the right side of the top line with Bitz or Scott at center and really flourish in that role. He has good size and skates very well and could add a new dimension to Moulson's offensive presence. Of course Connors struggled a bit this year (mostly due to injuries) and did not put up the kind of numbers that indiciate he will be an offensive presence at the college level. But again, the injuries hampered him and the numbers he put up in Junior B the year before were absolutely unbelievable. Additionally, NHL scouting reports I have read about him forecast him as a potential big time offensive force. He really could end up anywhere from the top line to the press box.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2005 07:38PM by calgARI '07.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: May 25, 2005 08:11PM

If anyone else posts a lineup I'd suggest specifying whether your posting predictions (what you think Schafer will do) or "suggestions" (what you think the lines should be) if there's a difference. Ari seems to have posted a suggestion - see his comment about Hynes probably ending up on the top line. Not having seen the team enough times last year and not having a good enough feel for the recruits I'll refrain from both.

Date: May 25, 2005 08:30PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

If anyone else posts a lineup I'd suggest specifying whether your posting predictions (what you think Schafer will do) or "suggestions" (what you think the lines should be) if there's a difference. Ari seems to have posted a suggestion - see his comment about Hynes probably ending up on the top line. Not having seen the team enough times last year and not having a good enough feel for the recruits I'll refrain from both.
[/q]

Good point. Although that is definitely my suggested lineup, I wouldn't rule it out as at least as partially what happens. But another thing I'm not sure will change is Cam Abbott staying with Pegoraro. Schafer likes Cam in more of an offensive role and Chris in more of a checking one.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2005 09:36PM

I remember Cam, Chris, and Topher playing together a few times last season, and they were really good together, lots of offense, big time lack of hieght...

Date: June 01, 2005 04:30PM

Who do you think will be replacing Cook on the first powerplay unit?

Date: June 01, 2005 05:12PM

[Q]Andy '06 Wrote:

Who do you think will be replacing Cook on the first powerplay unit?[/q]

I think it should be Krantz although I could see Schafer wanting to keep Krantz and Pokuluk on separate units because they have the shooting side. Krantz sees the ice incredibly well and has the hardest shot on the team but needs to work on his decision-making with and without the puck (which will probably come with experience).

Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: June 03, 2005 06:03PM

Salmela saw some time on the PP when Pokulok was out right?

Date: June 06, 2005 04:29AM

I can see Pokulok quarter-backing the PP

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: June 06, 2005 09:27AM

Having two strong offensive blueliners to backstop the 1 and 2 units is a good situation, especially since the CU offense is so dependent on ppg.

Perhaps Schafer will try a 3F-2D pp sometimes. There are advantages -- it doesn't disrupt normal lines and it's bullet-proof against D lapses -- but it's only worthwhile with enough O from both defensemen.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.brwncald.com)
Date: June 06, 2005 04:26PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

Having two strong offensive blueliners to backstop the 1 and 2 units is a good situation, especially since the CU offense is so dependent on ppg.

Perhaps Schafer will try a 3F-2D pp sometimes. There are advantages -- it doesn't disrupt normal lines and it's bullet-proof against D lapses -- but it's only worthwhile with enough O from both defensemen.[/q]

Please don't say things like "bullet-proof" as it puts scary thoughts in my head and gives me the shakes and we're months from hockey season. That said, I mainly agree with you, but we've seen lapses by our offensive defensemen before, and I think it's an understatement that they've proven costly.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2005 08:55PM

The roster for 2005-06 is up
[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: July 20, 2005 10:52PM

Only 4 sophomores? Who's not there from last year?

Posted by: pfibiger (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2005 11:05PM

Matt Mckeown isn't on that lineup.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 20, 2005 11:10PM

Nor is Kevin McLeod, it appears. -1 sophmore, -1 junior.

Posted by: strixvaria (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: July 21, 2005 05:55PM

Anybody know anything about the new goalie? Will he replace Louis as #2? Ari, how come no McLeod? He's waited his turn and is hillarious.

Date: July 21, 2005 06:04PM

From everything that's been said about Chabot over the last three years I will be really surprised if DiLeo isn't ahead of him on the depth chart.

As for McLeod, I don't think being hilarious really helps you to get ice time or make the team... He hardly played last year (2 games) and McKeown didn't play at all. Not a big surprise that they would leave the team. With lots of other players competing for time (15 other forwards on the roster) they probably wouldn't have seen much ice time anyway.

Random question: has there ever been a player who left the team but then came back later because of injuries?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: July 22, 2005 02:05AM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
Random question: has there ever been a player who left the team but then came back later because of injuries?
[/q]

Auger? Peach?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 22, 2005 08:02AM

I know of two players who left the team because of grades, but came back later. Those would be Kerling and Hennessey.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2005 10:01AM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
[/q]
I could be wrong, but I think Keith is asking whether a player ever left the team because of lack of playing time but later came back because of injuries to other players, causing the roster to become depleted.

Date: July 22, 2005 11:29AM

Yup, Al has it right. Sorry to be unclear. Example of what I'm thinking would be McKeown comes back to play next February because four or five forwards have gone down with injuries.

I suspect it's unlikely, since I can recall Schafer going with 10 or so forwards a couple of times. Not that I recall if there were players around to be "recalled" back then. BTW - I'm thinking skaters. I know we have dressed walkons a couple of times (e.g. Nate Hicks) as an emergency backup.

In the old days when there was the JV team I suspect players got "called up" more often. But then a kid who's playing JV never really quit the team. Side note: was just reading Adam's book and was surprised to read that (all time leading goal scorer) Brock Tredway was stuck playing JV for a while his freshman year.

Posted by: peterg (---.com)
Date: July 23, 2005 01:14PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Side note: was just reading Adam's book and was surprised to read that (all time leading goal scorer) Brock Tredway was stuck playing JV for a while his freshman year.[/q]

Brock was also a varsity soccer player. At that time the seasons did not overlap - hockey was not allowed to formally start until after all fall sports were done. Informally, however, the team ran captains' practices during the late fall. The official story was that Brock was sent to the JV's as a freshman to "get in hockey shape." A slow start by the team got him "in shape" in the coach's view, pretty quickly. He didn't play JV again. The unofficial story was that the JV visit was a not so subtle suggestion that he not play soccer.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 23, 2005 10:36PM

Knowing Dick Bertrand's reputation, it was probably the latter.

Posted by: Brian (67.138.215.---)
Date: July 28, 2005 03:58PM

Has anybody heard who the captains will be this year?

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 28, 2005 04:25PM

[Q]Brian Wrote:

Has anybody heard who the captains will be this year?[/q]

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Moulson is captain, with Gleed and Hynes as the assistants.

Posted by: Brian (67.138.215.---)
Date: July 28, 2005 04:27PM

Thanks. Either I forgot or I missed the announcement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login