Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Banquet/Captins for next year

Posted by Mike 
Banquet/Captins for next year
Posted by: Mike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 01, 2005 09:00AM

There was a very good turnout last night for the banquet. Estimating 250-300 people. There were several awards given out. Mckee got the MVP. They had video on each player who won an award. I cant remember what they won but i know topher, cook, downs, vatterresean(dont know how to spell) and knopfli all won awards. One thing that was dissapointing was charlie cook couldnt be there because he had to be in philadelphia. But, he sent his speach to downs and downs read it for him. All the seniors Gave great speaches. Downs had the funniest speach ive ever heard from a senior.

The captin for next year will be Matt Moulson. The assistants will be Shaine Hynes and John Gleed. Matt got up and talked after he was awarded captin. He talked on how theyre going to work hard over the summer so they can do big things come winter. He gave a bold statement which I hope is true. "I came here to win a national championship and thats what were going to do next year so..." Overall it was fun. Good turnout good food and great video.

Re: Banquet/Captins for next year
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 01, 2005 06:43PM

Moulson, Hynes, and Gleed...good choices. I think I would have liked to have seen a rising junior in the mix, though, especially since I don't have a lot of faith in that class as a whole based on their overall underachievement relative to the other classes this past season. Basically, I was hoping that someone in that class was providing some sort of leadership that I wasn't seeing on the ice or in the box scores, and that leadership was being recognized by their teammates in the captain voting process.

Posted by: CUlater 89 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 02, 2005 01:13AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Moulson, Hynes, and Gleed...good choices. I think I would have liked to have seen a rising junior in the mix, though, especially since I don't have a lot of faith in that class as a whole based on their overall underachievement relative to the other classes this past season. Basically, I was hoping that someone in that class was providing some sort of leadership that I wasn't seeing on the ice or in the box scores, and that leadership was being recognized by their teammates in the captain voting process.[/q]

It's not common to have a junior wearing a letter, especially when there is a such a deep and experienced incoming-senior class. So I wouldn't read too much into the absence of any incoming-juniors. There's plenty of time for one or more of them to step up their games on the ice (other than McKee, who has certainly done so already).

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: May 02, 2005 02:10AM

Usually a junior only gets tabbed when there's a guy who stands out as a leader in that class and maybe the senior class is a little lighter on leadership. Pretty common to only have seniors wearing letters.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: May 02, 2005 11:09AM

Yeah, I wouldn't read anything into there being no junior captain -- it's more a function of class size more than anything else. That having been said, if Topher keeps beating as the heart of this team, I'd be shocked if he wasn't at least an "A", and maybe even a full "C", in 2006-07.

Date: May 02, 2005 02:01PM

I'm not saying that the other players don't have any faith in the Class of 2007, just that they having a little more overt faith in their leadership by having a rising junior with a C or A would help me have a little more faith in them. That is, if they saw something that I haven't yet seen, it might help me have faith in our chances during the 2006-2007 season. (Then again, maybe our underclassmen will be so stupendous at that point, that year's senior class won't matter much.)

Re: Banquet/CaptAins for next year
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: May 02, 2005 02:12PM

A request for Age, or Mike who started this thread. Can we please edit the subject so it spells "CaptAins" correctly? Not trying to be overly picky, but it's driving me crazy. nut

Re: Banquet/CaptAins for next year
Date: May 02, 2005 02:38PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

A request for Age, or Mike who started this thread. Can we please edit the subject so it spells "CaptAins" correctly? Not trying to be overly picky, but it's driving me crazy. [/q]

Or, if you feel like having fun, change it to "keptins", as if Chekhov from Star Trek had said it. :-P

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: May 02, 2005 03:22PM

"Which way to your nuclear wessels?"

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 03, 2005 08:10AM

"coming into wisual kontect, keptin"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login