Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

McKee in Hobey Hat Trick

Posted by French Rage 
McKee in Hobey Hat Trick
Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 30, 2005 02:42PM

[www.hobeybaker.com]

McKee joins Sertich and Sterling, both from CC, in the top 3 Hobey vote-getters. Does anyone think 2 guys from CC in the top 3 is a good sign? I realize voting is over and all, but if the two of them got enough votes to get in the top 3, I'd imagine there might have been some splitting going on, as opposed to only one of them getting in the top 3 since if voters havily favored one. On the other hand, there is still the worry of 4 goaltenders, and if McKee only had enough to get him into the top 3 but not win.

Re: McKee in Hobey Hat Trick
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 02:52PM

I think McKee's chances* at this point are still not good even with the double CC thing. If Sertich and Sterling had been hurt much by vote-splitting I suspect they wouldn't both be in the top 3. Of course, we won't get to see the numbers so we won't know for sure.

It's still very cool that he has for sure finished in the top 3. Great work David!

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 03:09PM

Glad to see I was wrong about the whole Sigalet thing.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 03:13PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Glad to see I was wrong about the whole Sigalet thing.[/q]

Same! Way to go McKee!!

vote splitting probably not as issue
Posted by: nyiballs (---.sw.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 03:55PM

More likely that not, western teams would vote 1. CC guy; 2. CC guy; 3. McKee and Eastern teams probably would vote 1. Sertich; 2. McKee; 3. Sterling. Either way I see McKee not getting that many first place votes and Marty Sertich getting a ton with more second place votes than third.

Sertich wins it... but congratulations to McKee on such a great season and a high honor. I hope I am proved wrong.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 04:29PM

McKee serves two, make that three purposes ...

Token Easterner (sometimes they win)
Token defender (sometimes they win)
Token Ivy Leaguer / smart college boy (not that CC is a hockey factory)

... who gets to go to Columbus after all, put on a jacket and tie, say nice things for a day, and then applaud politely when the winner is announced. Still, it's good the smart-ass Ivy League college boy is ours and not the Hyphen. And that makes three players from Cornell in four years who've been among the elite ten: Murray twice (?), LeNeveu, now Mckee. And to think if LeNeveu was still around, McKee would only be a freshman this year.

Amazing, their hometowns:

Roseville, Minn.
Pasadena, Calif.
Irving, Texas

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 04:35PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
And that makes three players from Cornell in four years who've been among the elite ten: Murray twice (?), LeNeveu, now Mckee. And to think if LeNeveu was still around, McKee would only be a freshman this year.
[/q]

Murray was only a Hobey Baker finalist once..but was an All-American in both 2002 and 2003.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 30, 2005 05:30PM

[q]Amazing, their hometowns:

Roseville, Minn.
Pasadena, Calif.
Irving, Texas [/q]

What, no Canadians? LOL laugh

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 05:36PM

[q]What, no Canadians? LOL[/q]Everyone knows Texans are better hockey players than Canadians laugh

Posted by: rYe (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 05:36PM

even if he doesnt get it... there is always next year. Still a huge honor to be a finalist.

Posted by: msphi81 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 30, 2005 08:03PM

Glad to see that McKee will be in Columbus, I only wish it was for the games on Thursday and Saturday. I decided to keep my hockey tickets for the frozen four and will 1,000 mile trip with my boys. However, the highlight of our weekend will be cheering for McKee at hobey baker event on Friday. Those of you with the day off come join us and cheer for McKee.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.royalusa.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 10:48AM

Really sad article about Sertich ............ worth a read, what a heroic season for him. I'll be cheering for both McKee and Sertich!!!

[www.gazette.com]
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2005 10:50AM by RatushnyFan.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 10:53AM

[Q]RatushnyFan Wrote:

Really sad article about Sertich ............ worth a read, what a heroic season for him. I'll be cheering for both McKee and Sertich!!!

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 03/31/05 10:50AM by RatushnyFan.[/q]
Another reason to root for CC, I'd say.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 01:52PM

Great to see McKee so honored. 2 goalies in 3 seasons in the Hat Tricks. Pretty damn good, and a nice recruiting bullet point for Schafer.

If Kessel went to Minny for the scoring, mightn't a Kesselike goaltender prospect in future come to Cornell for The System?

Date: March 31, 2005 02:31PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

Great to see McKee so honored. 2 goalies in 3 seasons in the Hat Tricks. Pretty damn good, and a nice recruiting bullet point for Schafer.

If Kessel went to Minny for the scoring, mightn't a Kesselike goaltender prospect in future come to Cornell for The System?[/q]
Haven't Lenny and Mckee fit this bill? Maybe not the pre-hype, but in terms of actual performance.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 03:25PM

I don't know that either of them was recruited the way Kessel was, and that's what I was getting at. At this point, there is no reason why the #1 ranked goaltender prospect considering the NCAA should not go to Cornell, if he can get in.

We don't have that kind of pull with blue chip scorers. But for G's (and to a lesser extent, D's), might as well flaunt it since we've got it.

Date: March 31, 2005 04:20PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

I don't know that either of them was recruited the way Kessel was, and that's what I was getting at. At this point, there is no reason why the #1 ranked goaltender prospect considering the NCAA should not go to Cornell, if he can get in.

We don't have that kind of pull with blue chip scorers. But for G's (and to a lesser extent, D's), might as well flaunt it since we've got it.[/q]
Finally something I can agree with on eLynah!!

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 07:16PM

[q] I don't know that either of them was recruited the way Kessel was[/q]Has anyone been recruited the way Kessel was? The Kessel watch on USCHO was a little overdone, IMO.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.yw.yu.edu)
Date: March 31, 2005 07:25PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
I don't know that either of them was recruited the way Kessel was, and that's what I was getting at. At this point, there is no reason why the #1 ranked goaltender prospect considering the NCAA should not go to Cornell, if he can get in.[/q]I'm personally just fine with Schafer continuing to get the goalie prospects he's getting, rather than try to pull in overhyped USNDT prospects like Tim Roth who can't even cut it with Union.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 07:59PM

I think Schafer knows what he's looking for in goalies. He must know exactly who he can mold to fit the system. He did a great job with, at the very least, Underhill, LeNeveu, and McKee. I have confidence that he will continue to recruit good goalies and make them into great netminders. In Schafer We Trust.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2005 08:11PM by Will.

Posted by: Mika (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 08:09PM

GO MCKEE!!!!:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login