Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Nov 11, 2005

Posted by CU at Stanford 
Nov 11, 2005
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 29, 2005 05:18PM

Well, I am a little bummed that Brown and Harvard no longer travel together in the new season. Does anyone know if Boston University or Boston College are at home on Friday Nov. 11, 2005? Maybe we can all go to the new BU rink for a game.

Re: Nov 11, 2005
Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: March 29, 2005 05:43PM

If you're within shouting distance of Boston and planning to go to the Sucks game, why not head up to Dartmouth on the 11th? It's only about 2:15 to drive there from Boston.

Date: March 29, 2005 05:56PM

We used to go to Brown, with Providence being only an hour away, and my wife has cousins there. Dartmouth is much farther, and we have many, many friends in Boston and Cambridge to see, so I am less inclined to road trip to Hanover, NH. It pains me to think that I will only take in one, not two, Cornell games, but after flying cross-country, I am not that crazy about 4-5 more hours of winter-driving.

Besides, my wife is a BU grad. We are interested in going to a BU game or two.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 29, 2005 07:52PM

The Dartmouth-Harvard traveling pair is great. People coming from Ithaca will especially like it. Hopefully it will fall opposite Winter Carnival in Hanover sometime soon -- that's one of the best experiences in the ECAC.

Also: the Red needs vocal support at Thompson a helluva lot more than at Meehan.

And if Gaudet continues to get great recruits, that's going to be the key road trip in the Ivies and one of a precious few in the ECAC for years to come.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 29, 2005 08:16PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

The Dartmouth-Harvard traveling pair is great. People coming from Ithaca will especially like it. Hopefully it will fall opposite Winter Carnival in Hanover sometime soon -- that's one of the best experiences in the ECAC.[/q]

What is the Winter Carnival? Is it just a carnival, or is there something special about it?

[q]Also: the Red needs vocal support at Thompson a helluva lot more than at Meehan.

And if Gaudet continues to get great recruits, that's going to be the key road trip in the Ivies and one of a precious few in the ECAC for years to come.[/q]

Agreed. I was at the last two games at Thompson, and we really could have used a lot more people than we had at those games. Also, Dartmouth actually has fans (generally good ones...I wore my "Fuck Hahvahd" shirt to the last game and they loved me there for it), as opposed to Brown who only has the annoying kids in need of Ritalin and their slackoff parents.

Posted by: David Harding (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2005 09:25PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

What is the Winter Carnival? Is it just a carnival, or is there something special about it?

[/q]
Here's the carnival web page [www.dartmouth.edu]

Annoying Brown fans
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net)
Date: March 29, 2005 09:26PM

The Brown fans were pretty annoying themselves...This woman (supposedly Brown's "No. 1 fan";) actually chastised me at the end of the January 7 game, accusing me of being rude to her team, players, and fans. I did no more than yell "Screw BU...," "Sieve," "It's all your fault, it's all your fault" (after each of our four goals), etc.

Here is an appropriate smiley for her: screwy
or maybe this is more to the point...smashfreak ::flipb::

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 29, 2005 09:56PM

[Q]Will Wrote:
What is the Winter Carnival? Is it just a carnival, or is there something special about it?[/q]It's my impression that it's a very drunk carnival. Fun In The Sun (except in the snow) meets Slope Day.

Posted by: Mark (---.z064002065.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: March 30, 2005 01:25PM

Sorry, but there's no indication that Cornell and BU will play during the 2005-06 regular season. We'll have to wait for Worcester or Milwaukee for that to happen. ;-)

From what I hear, BU will play three ECAC teams next season -- RPI, Harvard and Dartmouth. Adding the three UVM games to the HE schedule shrinks the non-conference offerings, especially when you add in the two Beanpot games in February.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2005 01:26PM by Mark.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 30, 2005 01:53PM

[Q]Mark Wrote:
From what I hear, BU will play three ECAC teams next season -- RPI, Harvard and Dartmouth. Adding the three UVM games to the HE schedule shrinks the non-conference offerings, especially when you add in the two Beanpot games in February. [/q]

If we beat Northeastern in the Everblades, can we lobby to replace them in tbe Beanpot?
nut

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: March 30, 2005 02:12PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:
Fun In The Sun (except in the snow) meets Slope Day.[/q]

It's more like the Phi Psi 500 meets First Night.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: March 30, 2005 02:15PM

Since Dartmouth Ben hasn't gotten on the stick:

[www.dartreview.com]

When we headed to Dartmouth and Vermont my senior year, I don't think it coincided with Winter Carnival. Yet there were still parties at Dartmouth, one of which resulted in one of my favorite quotes of my college days:

D'mout Frat Boy: Yeah, it's this game called Conno. You have to drink a lot.
Scersk: OK...

Scersk looks suspiciously at the 8-ounce cup in front of him.

Later:

DFB, due to a bad dice roll, has to chug a beer and spills all over himself.

Scersk rolls.

DFB: Uh oh! You have to chug!

Scersk chugs the pathetically small beer quickly and calmly, spilling none.

DFB: Nope you have to chug two!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

DFB: Wow. You Cornell guys really do know how to drink.

Considering popular culture's common image of DFBs, I found it ironic that our reputation had preceded us.
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2005 02:30PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 30, 2005 04:19PM

To go back to the original topic slight (I apologize ;) ):

If you want to go to a BU game anyway, go to a BU game. Otherwise, how about staying in Manchester? or Lowell or something? Approximately half way between Boston and Hanover. If you're flying, Southwest has some good fares into there. You'd probably get some rock bottom hotel prices from Priceline for that weekend.

Go to Dartmouth on Friday, only drive to Manchester. Spend all day Saturday in Boston and as late as you want after the game. Depart from Manchester/Lowell. May not be as fun as staying in Boston, but it'd save you a 5-6 hour driving day (Boston/Hanover and back).

Date: March 30, 2005 05:26PM

Well, I am sure that one of these days we will stay in Manchester, NH, and we are not adverse to flying Southwest. However, we have a lot of CU and BU friends (not to mention former weenies--uh, I mean, bosses--at Harvard) with whom we'd like to visit in Cambridge and Boston. The Brown-Harvard pairing (or the Providence-Boston-Cambridge axis) used to make a lot of sense for us because we also have friends and relatives in Providence and at Brown's development office, but not so at Dartmouth or in Hanover. Frankly, Hanover just does not have the same attraction for us. It is not because we don't want to cheer on Cornell hockey, mind you. Just want to minimize winter driving and still get a lot of good college hockey in the 48 or so hours we will have in New England on that particular weekend.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 02:20AM

[Q]Scersk '97 Wrote:

When we headed to Dartmouth and Vermont my senior year, I don't think it coincided with Winter Carnival. [/q]

It most certainly did. Compare the dates of the Winter Carnival poster: [www.rare-posters.com] with the CU schedule: [www.tbrw.info]

While you were playing conno, I was being introduced to the Dartmouth version of beer pong (with paddles, so it wasn't Beruit), which we won. I remember leaving the frat house at daybreak, and stumbling to our hosts' dorm thinking it was a good idea to lie down on a gigantic ice-sculpture shaped like a sofa in the front yard of a frat. The bus to Burlington left 2 hours later. I can tell you that the Burlington Free Library has some darned comfortable and out-of-the-way padded benches where one can do a bit of "recovering."

There was also some....creative writing....in the snow on the lawn of the Dartmouth president.

Ah...good times...

And let's not forget the fun controversy that erupted shortly thereafter:
[dartreview.com]

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: March 31, 2005 04:17PM

Ah! You see, I was confused because, unlike that one Springfest, I remember you being there. Since that was the year after you graduated, I had inserted the conno memory into the marching band roadtrip we made there in one of the previous years when it would've been more logical for you to be there.

Where did we stay? Was that the cold frat house? Where did I go after conno? Wow, my brain is Swiss cheese. I do remember the Burlington library (and our subsequent 7-5 loss) vividly. Very comfortable couches. We went to some microbrewery for dinner.

This is why I need that email archive, you see.

Of course, I suppose we could stop emailing regarding this over the messageboard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login