Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CU-Minnesota Game Thread

Posted by scoop85 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: CU-Minnesota Game Thread
Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:13PM

obyrne sat there- no one on him..and tried to hold it in...instead of whipping it around

Posted by: TCHL8842 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:15PM

well we all knew O'Byrne could be the biggest liability. No surprise he was out there for both goals today.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:16PM

Not having seen it, did McKee have much of a chance?

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:16PM

if they didn't score there, you would never have said this about o'byrne.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:17PM

if they didn't score there, you would never have said this about o'byrne..

Posted by: ZooeyDog (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:17PM

He made the first save, but not much chance on the rebound. It was point-blank. An eerie carbon copy of the goal against Maine yesterday.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-213-24.myvzw.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:20PM

[Q]Oat Wrote:

if they didn't score there, you would never have said this about o'byrne..[/q]

I didn't say "it" this time.

But, I've been saying about O'Byrne for quite a while. Great physical tools; a real liability on the mental side of the game.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Chief AA Bear (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:32PM

Yes......... I was thinking the SAME thing. You can't leave a guy all alone in front like that for the 1 on 1. (How come that doesn't work in Blackjack????)

McKee was awesome!!! He's got nothing to feel bad about. It really wasn't his fault.

Date: March 27, 2005 06:34PM

I haven't bashed obyrne at all this year (being out of town) but as it happend live, i said NO NO NO as he went to hold the puck with noone near him..ask my TV I was screaming at it.

Someone else let their man loose though for that guy to get the pass and shot. McKee great 1st save, no chance on rebound.

And FWIW, even the announcers pointed out on the replay that for the first goal, Obyrne lost his man and that's the man that got the pass for the shot.

Just plain facts...I'm not for or against obyrne and i'm sure he wont make those two mistakes again....but thats how it went down today

Date: March 27, 2005 06:40PM

The problem with O'Byrne is, he probably will make the same mistake again, sorry to say.

Date: March 27, 2005 06:43PM

[Q]Chief AA Bear Wrote:

The problem with O'Byrne is, he probably will make the same mistake again, sorry to say.[/q]

I've not followed it closely enough to know. I'd think though that it's got to really sink into your head all summer now.

Date: March 27, 2005 06:47PM

Just so everybody knows, I'm not dissin' the kid because I think he's a goon on skates, (in fact I don't really mean to diss him at all), I'm sure he, like the rest of the team, is a great guy... I just hope he learns from his mistakes this year and if it takes a long summmer, he'll be all the better player for it.

Date: March 27, 2005 07:07PM

what Chief AA said

Date: March 27, 2005 07:22PM

I'll tell you what frosted me totally during the game wiith Minnie, and that was the ridiculous amount of announcer time and camera time devoted to the MINNIE SIEVE's peroxide parents !!!

How come they didn't show McKee's parents!!!! I'm SURE they were THERE!!!!

BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD ANNOUNCERS!!!!

I hope McKee wins the Hobey, but I think not making the FF, may hurt his chances (even though the decision "supposedly" has already been made)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:24PM

[Q]Chief AA Bear Wrote:

I'll tell you what frosted me totally during the game wiith Minnie, and that was the ridiculous amount of announcer time and camera time devoted to the MINNIE SIEVE's peroxide parents !!!

How come they didn't show McKee's parents!!!! I'm SURE they were THERE!!!!
[/q]

But Briggs's parents had to travel a lot (since their other son was playing in Amherst with BSU). It's not like anyone's following McKee around from Texas or anything. rolleyes

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:37PM

I thought the other briggs son was on the mercyhurst lakers, and thus they were doing the worcester-minneapolis commute.

i'm pretty sure the graphic they put up indicated worcester. but i wouldn't be surprised if the tv announcers got that wrong.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:46PM

[Q]Rita Wrote:

I thought the other briggs son was on the mercyhurst lakers, and thus they were doing the worcester-minneapolis commute.

i'm pretty sure the graphic they put up indicated worcester. but i wouldn't be surprised if the tv announcers got that wrong. [/q]

No I'm sure it was me. I was going from memory and just recalled that it was one of the AQs.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login