Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Iggy Goal

Posted by 2tkCornell 
Iggy Goal
Posted by: 2tkCornell (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:16AM

Can someone post or send me a clip of the Iggy Goal? That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, does anyone know where I can get a full size image of the this picture on USCHO.com

[www.uscho.com]

Re: Iggy Goal
Posted by: jaybert (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:27AM

i got it....give me a little time and i will post it up.

Posted by: 2tkCornell (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:29AM

Thanks!

Posted by: mjh89 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:12AM

Definately was an awesome goal, and I think he scored it with a broken stick too. When Moulson came over to give him a hug, his stick broke in half rather easily, anybody else catch that?

Posted by: peterg (205.232.74.---)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:34AM

It's so nice to see the praise for a player who definitely deserves it. Seems that coach may have known what he was doing recruiting Mike. He's turned out to be a terrific college hockey player and certainly has justified his place in the program (and backed up his and Coach's defenders on that old, obnoxious "useless" thread of a couple of years ago).

Date: March 27, 2005 12:46PM

Posted by: calgARI '07 (204.73.177.---)
Date: March 27, 2005 12:50PM

Also of note is that Iggulden was on the ice for nearly three minutes prior to scoring that goal. The penalty killers were stuck on the ice for the entire PK and by the end none of them could even stand anymore. Somehow, Iggulden found the gas to get down the ice on the breakaway and stayed out even after that to eventually score. An amazing shift.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 12:51PM

What a goal. Thanks for putting that clip up, Jason!

Date: March 27, 2005 12:56PM

np. quality isnt as good as i had hoped. After the broadcast was delayed, I rescheduled my replaytv to record later, and set it to medium quality instead of high. ooops, wont make that mistake for todays game though!!

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 01:39PM

Do you have clips of any other goals?! Can you post some more? Pleeeease?!?!?!?? :-O

Posted by: aznxjz (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 01:40PM

:`( soooo beautiful....

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 27, 2005 01:41PM

Any reason these clips don't get put under the video section of the site?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 01:43PM

Cause they're techinically illegal? It's ESPN's copyrighted material. Passing it around on a board like this is unlikely to draw much attention (although still possible), but if it was publically posted and hosted by Age, well, that's a bit more likely to become an issue.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 01:43PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Any reason these clips don't get put under the video section of the site?[/q]

Give it some time. Some of our fans are really far away from the ELynah server right now. :-D

Date: March 27, 2005 02:03PM

yea, i'm not sure of the legality of this, so please dont post the link elsewhere. i just put it up since it was requested.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 27, 2005 02:11PM

I realize this, however ESPN clips have been posted in the past, and I thought they may have gotten clearence, or it may be considered public domain, I guess we'll wait to hear from the webmaster(s)

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 02:16PM

anyone else having trouble playing the clip? the sound is fine but the vid freezes half-way down the ice :(

Posted by: Chief AA Bear (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 06:57PM

Bset shot of it was on USCHO, were they showed Iggy airborne putting it in.. Incredible effort !!! :-)

Posted by: KenP (---.tu.ok.cox.net)
Date: March 28, 2005 05:47PM

[Q]abmarks Wrote:

anyone else having trouble playing the clip? the sound is fine but the vid freezes half-way down the ice [/q]

All I get from Windows Media Player is the sound - no video at all. Do I need to download a plugin?

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 28, 2005 05:50PM

Yes, some kind of DivX 5.2.1 will make it work for both Windows Media Player and RealPlayer. Do so and you will enjoy the clip (again and again and again...) :-)

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 28, 2005 05:51PM

Once I downloaded the necessary software, I was able to view the entire video, no problem.

Posted by: GaryP (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 31, 2005 06:59PM

Does anyone have the link for the plugin so I can view the entire video of the Iggy goal? Pleasse!!

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 07:52PM

[Q]GaryP Wrote:

Does anyone have the link for the plugin so I can view the entire video of the Iggy goal? Pleasse!![/q]

I believe the clip is DivX-encoded, so just search for DivX codecs on Google.

Date: March 31, 2005 08:56PM

www.divx.com, and download divx lite

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2005 09:48AM

Damn, it's taking a long time to catch up on all the treads...

Anyway, there are two issues. It's certainly ESPN copyrighted content. There are two ESPN clips on ELynah: the selection show, and the BC goal. On the latter, I just couldn't help myself. On the former, I wouldn't have figured they'd care much. It's not like it got a whole mess of views either. All other clips from TV are ECAC broadcasts, which I have permission to use.

The other issue is that it's DivX. I won't make ELynah patrons go download codecs to view content. Everything on the site works with QuickTime 6 built-in codecs. So the combination of the activation energy to reencode the video and the copyright question is keeping me from putting it up at the moment. However, later on, when things die down, I'll probably do it anyway, just because it's too good not to keep for posterity. Or I may just encode video from my source to avoid the double compression.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 09:56AM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:
The other issue is that it's DivX. I won't make ELynah patrons go download codecs to view content. Everything on the site works with QuickTime 6 built-in codecs.[/q]

Meh. It all plays fine in kaffeine for me.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.walngs01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 10:05AM

Actually, QT ran the video without a hitch for me, but the audio cut out after the first second. I MAY have installed a DivX codec for QT, if that's possible, but if I did it was a long while ago - probably when I bought the powerbook. I'll try it in VLC, which should play DivX stuff without a hitch, and see if the sound and video runs properly.

Edit - VLC runs it just fine, so I guess QT is missing part of the audio codec, at least on my system.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2005 10:09AM by Tom Lento.

Date: April 01, 2005 10:29AM

You can install the DivX codecs and it will play fine in QuickTime, but I won't require ELynah's patrons to do that.

Posted by: jaybert (---.nc.us.ibm.com)
Date: April 01, 2005 11:00AM

what do you want it encoded as? I still have the raw files and can do wahtever

(and what do i need to use to do it)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2005 11:00AM by Jason L.

Date: April 01, 2005 12:27PM

Ok, so I must have installed DivX at some point, but I'm probably a version behind since the audio doesn't work right.

Jason - I think you need QT Pro, but I could be wrong about that.

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 03, 2005 10:37PM

anyone happen to have a better camera shot yet?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 04, 2005 12:46AM

[Q]Jason L Wrote:

what do you want it encoded as? I still have the raw files and can do wahtever

(and what do i need to use to do it)
Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/01/05 11:00AM by Jason L.[/q]
If you want to match Age's requirement of making it run in QT, MPEG-4 should be a decent option. If you'd rather, I can do it. I'd just need the raw file, or I can re-encode the DivX.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: April 04, 2005 05:25AM

The uscho picture is great, but will not enlarge well. If anyone has a similar shot that we could use to fill the screen as a background I would love it.

Posted by: garyp (205.232.75.---)
Date: April 05, 2005 12:21AM

even with divx it doesnt work. fooey

Posted by: Pace (209.2.88.---)
Date: April 05, 2005 09:57PM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:

Definately was an awesome goal, and I think he scored it with a broken stick too. When Moulson came over to give him a hug, his stick broke in half rather easily, anybody else catch that?[/q]

I just watched the clip (thanks Jason!) several times. I don't see the stick being broken prior to, during, or after the goal.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2005 09:57PM by Pace.

Date: April 05, 2005 11:43PM

who wants to encode it? I have the raw .mpg from my replayTV, its about 30mb, so whoever can encode it, send me a PM with your AIM screenname and I'll send it over.

Date: April 05, 2005 11:54PM

The stick clearly breaks during the celebration after the goal. Watch the butt end - it breaks off just below where Iggulden's top hand would normally be.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.rapiddevelopers.com)
Date: April 06, 2005 01:37PM

Wouldn't a raw .mpg actually be exactly what we're looking for?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jaybert (---.nc.us.ibm.com)
Date: April 06, 2005 03:04PM

well, its some funny replayTV encoded mpg. its definately not a mpeg1 file, mpeg2 I believe.

Date: April 06, 2005 03:31PM

I'll deinterlace and make it a manageable size.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: April 06, 2005 04:51PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Wouldn't a raw .mpg actually be exactly what we're looking for?

Beeeej[/q]
Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a raw .mpg. Despite being compressed, there are 4 different variety of MPEGs (and that's just the top view). MPEG-2 doesn't play in QT without a $29 add on (MPEG-2 in the DVD format, plus you have a few choices of formats for the embedded audio.

MPEG-4 is still likely the most compatible.

Date: April 06, 2005 05:59PM

yea, i should clarified. when I mentioned raw .mpg, I just meant the file I ripped from my replayTV and encoded the divx from. Its not a regular mpeg1 file that windows media player plays natively

Re: Iggy Goal in pic form
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 06, 2005 06:40PM

Perhaps someone could post some of the pictures of the goal, in jpeg or giff or whatever form. It would be most appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login