Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Ticket question (no woofing intended)

Posted by Kyle Rose 
Ticket question (no woofing intended)
Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.akamai.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 10:57AM

Okay, I apologize for the appearance of woofing worry but I need to resolve this before the time in which woofing could be ruled out (meaning, after the regional finals this weekend).

How should I go about getting tix to the Frozen Four? Evidently the event is sold out far in advance. Do the four schools each get a block of tickets to sell? If so, is it likely someone off campus can get a pair of tickets? Or would I be better off buying early from a broker or over ebay and just living with whatever fans happen to be surrounding me when I get there? I'd rather be part of the unified front... or whatever. banana

Decisions, decisions...

Kyle

Re: Ticket question (no woofing intended)
Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:02AM

I think that once the regionals have concluded, fans of schools that don't make the FF often sell off their tickets. the USCHO forums seem like a good place to look for tickets. Some people might even be selling them now. There are a few people posting to hockey-l about tickets they have available, I'll send you a PM with that contact info.

Phil

Posted by: dadeo (---.citlabs.cornell.edu)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:02AM

dont expect to get tickets from cornell. alumni donors and CHA members take most of the allotment. EBAY or uscho are the two best ways to go (i think)
dave '02

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:09AM

Too bad the NCAA doesn't authorize a ticket re-sale program through its auspices. Say a ticket goes for $50, the NCAA buys it back (on consignment) for $35 and resells it for $50. Since most arenas have bar-code scans of tickets, you wouldn't need to have the original ticket in hand, just a printout with the barcode. To ensure fights don't erupt over who really holds rights to the ticket, maybe with a resold ticket you have to show ID at the window. Just a thought.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:09AM

But you'll do better as teams get knocked out and people have more unwanted tickets. Also, since people are just now receiving their tickets, you might not find many yet. There are always plenty available near tourney time. I wouldn't worry about it much.

Posted by: dargason (---.155.212.219.conversent.net)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:12AM

Well, should you still want to purchase FF tix after this weekend, I have a feeling that some Gopher fans will be looking to dump theirs.

And just because, here's the dancing banana again banana

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:22AM

Yep, by definition, if we're going, then at least Minny, Ohio State and Maine are not. That will free up a lot of tickets.

I do not have tickets yet and I am not particuarly paranoid about it. Of course, if we are going I am not going to mind getting gouged, either.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.rtp.epa.gov)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:23AM

[Q]dargason Wrote:

Well, should you still want to purchase FF tix after this weekend, I have a feeling that some Gopher fans will be looking to dump theirs. [/q]

In 2003, the Gopher discussion board was the best place I found to buy tickets...and they were in the thing! They didn't even have a problem selling them online to Big Red fans over Gopher fans. I bought 6 sets of tickets for the 2003 in Buffalo from 2 different Gopher fans from that board, at face value.

Posted by: TCHL8842 (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:24AM

How much will these tickets go for? I am in no mood to spend like 500 dollars on a ticket. Will they be around base price which I think is 150 if we buy them off other people.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.rtp.epa.gov)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:31AM

Like I said, in 2003, at least I had no problem finding tickets at face value, which was $150. I don't know anyone that paid more than that.

Also, from my experience in Buffalo...
If you can find someone willing to sell you a ticket just from Semi 1, chances are you can find tickets to Semi 2 and the Final for $5-$10 from people looking to skip town after their team loses.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.akamai.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:43AM

Sounds like I should not worry about it. I'll look into it next week if the woofing gods look kindly upon me. Thanks, guys.

Cheers,
Kyle

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 12:01PM

[Q]krose Wrote:

Sounds like I should not worry about it. I'll look into it next week if the woofing gods look kindly upon me. Thanks, guys.

Cheers,
Kyle[/q]The woofing gods can't disapprove of planning. As they say, woofing gods help those who help themselves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login