Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Whats going on.....TV???

Posted by Mike 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Whats going on.....TV???
Posted by: KenP (192.133.17.---)
Date: March 24, 2005 01:46PM

I just confirmed with ESPN Media that the Cornell-OSU game will air live on Cox channel 78 in Oklahoma. Woo hoo!!!

Posted by: Big Red Colonel (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 01:54PM

Thanks ... I'll try and settle down and hope these show up.

Re: Time Warner Ithaca Schedule does not match--Cornell vs. OSU not listed
Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 02:32PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

andyw2100 Wrote:

I actually decided to stay in Ithaca, so that I could watch the Cornell game or games, (instead of spending the Easter weekend with my fiancee's family)

[/Q]
Danger Will Robinson. Danger![/q]

It's OK...really. It was more of a mutual decision.

She understood that were I to go with her, we would have had to do some driving to try to find a place where we could watch the game(s.) For Saturday's game, this would have meant either inviting her family, or missing dinner with them. And this was when we thought it would be easy to find the games on TV.

Once it became clear that even finding the game(s) live anywhere was going to be a task in and of itself, it just made more sense for us to split up for the weekend. We can live without each other for 2 or 3 days. She would not be able to live with me if I were not able to watch the games.

But thanks for the concern!
Andy W.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.bflony.adelphia.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 03:40PM

I emailed Adelphia (for all of us central New Yorkers w/out Time Warner) and got this reply...

Thank you for using Adelphia's Online Customer Support.

I am glad to see that you are interested in the NCAA hockey games. I do not have
any information about programming at this time. I have forwarded your inquiry to
the programmers to let them know the importance of these games.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the local papers or the TV Guide channel for any
updates. If you have any further concerns please feel free to email us at your
convenience or you can contact our 24 hour Customer Care Center at 1-888-683-1000.

Thank you,

Michael
Adelphia Customer Support

---lets keep letting them know the "importance of these games"

No more RSNs will show CU regional semi game
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 08:19PM

OK, I have some bad news. Not terrible, just frustrating. According to Jeremy Hartigan at CU Athletics, the NCAA reports that it is no longer realistic to expect another regional sports network to show the Cornell-OSU game live on Saturday. That means Altitude "alternate" is the only channel available nationwide (via satellite) at sports bars.

The time has come to switch strategies.

As others have reported, the Cornell press release about game-watching opportunities is wrong: It IS possible to watch this game live at a sports bar, but ONLY if that sports bar has paid for Altitude, which is an a-la-carte add-on for commercial establishments (home DirecTV customers can get it as part of the "Sports Pack" -- commercial operations must pay for Altitude separately, even if they already get "Sports Pack";). Paying for Altitude should enable a sports bar to get Altitude "alternate" programming, which will be shown on DTV channel 658 for tomorrow's game.

Therefore, there are only two remaining options if you want to see the game live and you don't have home satellite service (or you don't live in an area served by a cable company that is offering this game live):

1. Do what Fred, Rita, and others are doing: Convince a sports bar that already has DirecTV service to pay for Altitude (you can sweeten the pot by promising to bring a large group or offering to pay the fee, which is not too steep). With patience and persistence, it can be done. Many sports bar managers are unfamiliar with the process of ordering from regional DTV reps -- I may be able to post some numbers tomorrow so you can actually help sports bar managers do this.

2. Organize opportunities to watch this game with people who have the proper service at home.

Many thanks again to the fabulous people at Altitude, without whom we would be completely screwed.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2005 08:25PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Re: No more RSNs will show CU regional semi game
Posted by: nshapiro (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 10:23PM

Isn't there a 3rd option...I thought Cornell was going to provide the Satellite coordinates for the feed?

Re: No more RSNs will show CU regional semi game
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 10:52PM

[Q]nshapiro Wrote: Isn't there a 3rd option...I thought Cornell was going to provide the Satellite coordinates for the feed?[/q]
They had promised to try their best to find the satellite coordinates for "big dish" systems. But they haven't been able to do so. I tried talking to techies at Time Warner cable myself. They said something about the game being delivered to cable systems via their fibre backbone instead of a satellite ... honestly, I have no idea what that means, except that they couldn't give me coordinates.

I have found a Philly-area place that can show the game (see other thread). Unfortunately, it's in Conshohocken (Fox & Hound couldn't do it), but they have promised us our own room, including audio. Hope you'll be able to join us, Neil.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login