Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Watching CU-Minn live Sunday in & near Philadelphia (end of thread)

Posted by Denison 71 
Watching CU-Minn live Sunday in & near Philadelphia (end of thread)
Posted by: Denison 71 (---.rte20201.de.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 08:30PM

Anyone know of a place for Delawareans or Philadelphians can view the OSU vs. CU game?
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2005 08:24AM by Denison 71.

Re: Philly--Delaware Viewing
Date: March 21, 2005 03:00PM

Any Cornell hockey fans in Delaware?

Posted by: Luke 05 (---.radnor01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2005 03:07PM

Seeing as the thread is philly, too and no one else has chimed in...

I'm from the Villanova area. I don't know what chance we'll have to get it on TV since we have no regional fox sports channel, and Comcast Sports already has a prior commitment.

If you have any more ideas of where to get the game on let me know.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: March 21, 2005 03:46PM

If the game ends up being picked up for a live broadcast -- and we should know that by Thursday at the latest -- then at least one unofficial event will be organized for Philadelphia and the greater Delaware valley. There were two events for the ECAC championship last weekend (one in Center City, one in Chester County, PA). I would expect the same this weekend, but only if the game(s) is/are available live. Stay tuned.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2005 03:57PM

Thanks for the info, Hillel. I wonder if you might be able to tell me, in rough terms, how long a drive it might be from Harrisburg, where I will be this weekend, to wherever that Chester County viewing site might be. I did look at a map, but couldn't get a great idea from that alone. And I don't know the area at all, having been there just once before. Thanks if you can help, Hillel.
Andy W.

Date: March 21, 2005 04:16PM

[Q]andyw2100 Wrote: how long a drive it might be from Harrisburg, where I will be this weekend, to wherever that Chester County viewing site might be. [/q]
About an hour and a quarter, maybe an hour and a half. But don't get your hopes up yet.

Posted by: Iza45 (153.104.13.---)
Date: March 21, 2005 05:02PM

Hey Hoff, where in Chester County was the viewing party?

Thanks

Date: March 21, 2005 05:42PM

[Q]Iza45 Wrote: where in Chester County was the viewing party? [/q]
The Stadium Grille in Chester Springs (on route 100, just N of the Turnpike). I was with another group at Fox & Hound at 15th & Spruce in Center City, where we MAY do it again this weekend.

Posted by: Iza45 (153.104.13.---)
Date: March 22, 2005 04:39PM

Thanks for the info.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.ebrnsw01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2005 05:07PM

Hillel, do you mind posting specifics to this thread if the game gets picked up on TV? I'd like to watch it, and will likely be in Delaware County, so I can get to Chester or Philly pretty easily. Thanks a bunch.

Date: March 23, 2005 08:59AM

If you obtain specifics, Hillel, please let me know & I might be able to generate some interest in DE to come to Flanigan's Boathouse on Fayette Street in Conshohocken, PA -- on Saturday. Thanks for your efforts.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2005 09:59PM by Denison 71.

Date: March 23, 2005 09:25AM

The situation when it comes to watching Saturday's regional semifinal live is very dodgy at the moment (it's a long story -- see the "What's Going On.....TV?" thread). At this point, it appears that finding a sports bar with access to "Altitude alternate" will be problematic. If Cornell wins the regional semi on Saturday, an event will be arranged for Sunday afternoon. But Cornell/OSU folks who want to see Saturday's game live may want to begin to explore the possibility of finding a friend or relative with DirecTV or Dish Network (and the appropriate sports add-on package, such as DTV's "Sports Pack";) -- home subscribers will be able to get this game. If I can find a place for Saturday, I'll post it as soon as possible, but don't get your hopes up. If you want to try to find a sports bar on your own, try following the bizarre instructions on the thread described above (it involves calling a place on Thursday night).

Date: March 24, 2005 01:23PM

Hillel,

I assume that you have not heard or discovered anything further about viewing the CU-OSU game in Philly or DE.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 02:05PM

As a side note, I heard that CSN Philly was showing some of the WCHA tournament this past weekend.

I contacted them by email and they noted they have no plans to show any college hockey this coming weekend. Bummer.

Re: Philly--Delaware Viewing (good news)
Date: March 24, 2005 06:17PM

This has been way more challenging than expected.

The good news: It looks like there's a place in the Philadelphia area that's willing and able to show the Cornell-OSU game LIVE on Saturday. They've got Altitude, and everything seems to be in order (I'll be doing a test of the alternate feed tonight). They're even able to give us a private room with audio, multiple screens, and everything.

The slightly-less-than-good news: The place -- Flanigan's Boathouse on Fayette Street in Conshohocken, PA -- is in a reasonably convenient suburb, but it's not exactly Center City (Fox & Hound couldn't do it). It's only about 10 minutes from Chestnut Hill, and it's easily accessible off I-76 or the Blue Route (I-476).

More news to come soon, but I'm feeling pretty good about this.

Would people feel comfortable if I invited Ohio State people to join us? Or should I just keep this a Cornell thang?

Date: March 24, 2005 06:48PM

[Q]Hillel Hoffmann Wrote:

This has been way more challenging than expected.

The good news: It looks like there's a place in the Philadelphia area that's willing and able to show the Cornell-OSU game LIVE on Saturday. They've got Altitude, and everything seems to be in order (I'll be doing a test of the alternate feed tonight). They're even able to give us a private room with audio, multiple screens, and everything.

The slightly-less-than-good news: The place -- Flanigan's Boathouse on Fayette Street in Conshohocken, PA -- is in a reasonably convenient suburb, but it's not exactly Center City (Fox & Hound couldn't do it). It's only about 10 minutes from Chestnut Hill, and it's easily accessible off I-76 or the Blue Route (I-476).

More news to come soon, but I'm feeling pretty good about this.

Would people feel comfortable if I invited Ohio State people to join us? Or should I just keep this a Cornell thang?[/q]

Posted by: lhayes (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 08:28PM

Bless you, bless you, Hillel! Count two of us in!

No problem with inviting OSU folks as far as I'm concerned -- we'd hope they'd do the same for us.

Louise Hayes '83

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.ebrnsw01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 11:34PM

Thanks for all your efforts Hillel. If I'm free I'll head over, and I'd say invite the OSU folks. The more the merrier.

Date: March 25, 2005 09:18AM

Hillel,

If you get more details, let me know but you can count on 3 people from DE.

Denison

Posted by: nshapiro (---.amer.csc.com)
Date: March 25, 2005 09:53AM

Hillel,

Great to see in the other thread that the test went well, and we are defiinitely on for Flanigans Boathouse in Conshohocken. Are you planning to have the Cornell Club send out an email for this event like they did last week?

Also, assuming Flanigans will give us a room where we can actually hear the audio, should we, or Ohio State fans (included to avert wrath of woofing gods), plan on this location for Saturday?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2005 11:27AM by nshapiro.

Date: March 25, 2005 11:17AM

What is the other thread to which you are referring?

Posted by: nshapiro (---.amer.csc.com)
Date: March 25, 2005 11:25AM

The Altitude Alternate testing thread:

[Q]Posted by Hillel Hoffmann on March 25, 2005 12:17AM (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)

The Philly test was a go, so we're ramped up and ready at Flanigan's Boathouse in Conshohocken, PA: [www.flanboathouse.com]

I think we can conclude that buying Altitude means getting Altitude alternate. [/Q]

Date: March 25, 2005 11:40AM

[Q]nshapiro Wrote:

The Altitude Alternate testing thread:

Posted by Hillel Hoffmann on March 25, 2005 12:17AM (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)

The Philly test was a go, so we're ramped up and ready at Flanigan's Boathouse in Conshohocken, PA:

I think we can conclude that buying Altitude means getting Altitude alternate. [/Q]
[/q]

Thank you NShapiro--Are you reasonably confident that we can conclude that buying Altitude means getting Altitude alternate

Posted by: PhillyKramer (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 25, 2005 01:18PM

Hey, that's great to hear, I'll make sure I'm there!
-Brian '08

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.columb01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2005 07:57PM

Everything's a go with Flanigan's Boathouse in Conshohocken. Tests were successful. A few quick notes:

* For directions (and other info), you can go to their Web site: [www.flanboathouse.com]

* They don't have their own parking lot. There's some street parking, I'm told, and there may be a lot across the street. Patience may be required.

* [Applying woofblock] In the event of a Cornell win on Saturday, they may NOT be able to show the game on Sunday. They are normally not open on Sundays, but in the event of a Villanova win in the NCAA basketball tournament (unlikely), they'll be open that day. Therefore stay tuned for the announcement of another Philly area venue on Sunday should Cornell win and 'Nova lose.

Again, do NOT go to the Flanigan's Boathouse location in Malvern. We'll be at the Conshohocken location.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2005 08:41PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Re: South Jersey Viewing
Posted by: Kengo (---.mtlrel01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2005 07:23AM

Supposedly the game will be on at Champps in Marlton, NJ (right outside of Philly). I can't confirm that it will be on, so you should contact them to make sure. Their phone number is: 856-985-9333.

Re: Watch CU-OSU game LIVE in Philadelphia/SE PA/Delaware/So. NJ
Posted by: jnachod (---.resnet.drexel.edu)
Date: March 26, 2005 10:24AM

Getting to Flanigan's Boathouse in Conshohocken by public transportation (for those who live in center city, or those worried about drinking & driving issues)

It looks like you can take the R-6 regional rail line (to Norristown) and get off in Conshohocken. Here is a link to the train schedule:

[www.septa.org]

The boathouse is only two blocks from the conshohocken train station:

[tinyurl.com]

Re: NO South Jersey Viewing
Posted by: Kengo (---.mtlrel01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2005 01:04PM

Looks like I was wrong about Champps. Just got off with the manager, and he said they are showing the Michigan game, not the Cornell game. That's what I get for trusting a ditzy waitress... :-)

So, if you live in South Jersey, suck it up and drive to Conshohawken! Flanigan's is still showing the game!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2005 02:40PM by Kengo.

Posted by: trainbow (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 26, 2005 01:05PM

What's the plan for Sunday, in the event that CU wins today (Saturday) and Flannigans Boathouse remains closed (as Villanova lost)?

Re: NO South Jersey Viewing
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2005 01:50PM

Edit: deleted so as not to confuse. Champps broadcast is off, Flanigan's Boathouse broadcast is still ON.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2005 03:31PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Date: March 26, 2005 01:57PM

[Q]trainbow Wrote:

What's the plan for Sunday, in the event that CU wins today (Saturday) and Flannigans Boathouse remains closed (as Villanova lost)?[/q]

Good question. It's still up in the air at this time. I will post something here as soon as I know (maybe not until later this afternoon)... and also make an announcement at Flanigan's if Cornell wins.

Tentative plan for watching regional final in Delaware Valley, if necessary
Date: March 26, 2005 03:39PM

[Applying yet another layer of Woofblock WPF 44]

In the event of a Cornell win tonight, we need to find a different place tomorrow to show the West regional final at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time (Flanigan's Boathouse will be closed for Easter Sunday).

Here is the TENTATIVE plan for Sunday, if necessary. If CU wins, there will be at least two gathering places in the greater Philadelphia area on Sunday at 3:30:

CENTER CITY (well, actually West Philly): Cavanaugh's Restaurant, 39th St & Sansome St, Philadelphia (not far from the University of Pennsylvania). They've promised at least one separate room for us, with audio. More info to come.

CHESTER COUNTY, PA: Stadium Grille (Eagle), 570 Simpson Drive, Chester Springs, PA. This is one of the places used for the ECAC championship game. They're closing early, but they agreed to stay open for us. Note: This is a BYOB place.

Again, these plans are preliminary. There may be changes.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2005 03:45PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Everything's a go
Date: March 27, 2005 07:42AM

We're set: The two locations described above (Cavanaugh's and Stadium Grille Eagle) are confirmed and ready for us.

Links, with directions:

[www.cavanaughsrestaurant.com]

[www.stadiumgrille.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login