Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Watch the game together in NYC

Posted by jeremy rosen 
Watch the game together in NYC
Posted by: jeremy rosen (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 05:35PM

Assuming the game is televised (im crossing my fingers) - does anyone want to organize a place in NYC to watch the game. I had every intention of driving north until the ncaa committee f****d us! I was thinking EPSN Zone but Im sure they will only want to play college basketball. Any ideas???

Re: Watch the game together in NYC
Posted by: Lowell '99 (207.237.138.---)
Date: March 20, 2005 06:29PM

I posted this in another thread, but there's been so much traffic today it's been buried.

Assuming the game is televised, I'd be happy to organize a NYC viewing party. Unless somebody thinks otherwise, I'm going with Ship of Fools. But first I want to make sure it'll be carried.

- Lowell

Posted by: jeremy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 07:01PM

i like ship of fools, but would rather a place where we can have our own room (or even the entire bar) - i have 10 friends or so and think if we can get a group of 40 or so together we may be able to get a private room so we can all watch on many tv's. i worry that the ship will give us 1 small tv and little room to watch. maybe the cornell club can help us...any members out there?

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 07:02PM

The game will be shown live on ESPNU so make sure wherever you go has directTV.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:59PM

You can count me in for at least two more people for whatever's being planned for Saturday. Keep us posted.

Posted by: abmarks (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 21, 2005 12:14AM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

The game will be shown live on ESPNU so make sure wherever you go has directTV.[/q]

Actually, the Saturday game is NOT on ESPNU - there's a quarterfinal game from one of the other regions instead. ESPNU can only show one game at a time!

They will syndicate it out, but it's not known yet who might pick up the game....

Posted by: jeremy (---.knighttrading.com)
Date: March 21, 2005 11:09AM

id like to get a list together of people interested in watching the game somewhere in nyc - u can email me at jrosen@knighttrading.com - if i get 40 -50 people we can probably get a room somewhere in nyc - i have about 10 already that want to watch the game together

Posted by: Lowell '99 (---.c3-0.avec-ubr13.nyr-avec.ny.cable.)
Date: March 21, 2005 06:10PM

The Cornell Club does not, unfortunately, have DirectTV.

If you can guarantee 50 people, I'm pretty sure SOF could give you the back room. They've been very generous to Cornell crowds in the past. If you'd like to do it somewhere else, just pick it soon. With the basketball tournament on, we should reserve a space with as large a guarantee as possible ASAP.

Posted by: Stephen Turner (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2005 09:38PM

anyone want to split a package on NWA to get to the games? I would love to go, and only $300-350 including air, car, hotel!

Posted by: jeremy (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2005 10:01PM

I would be totally down with Ship of Fools, the first thing we need to do is wait until tomorrow or wed when they announce what station the game will be played. i will call SOF tomorrow and see what they can offer us. right now id say we are about 20 people, but i think that if we decide on a place that number will grow significantly. ill keep u posted.

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2005 11:44PM

If we're at Ship of Fools I'll definitely be in, along with at least one other person...so that's two more. If we get anything like the crowd at the Park Ave. Country Club, then this is gonna be pretty wild...now let's just hope it gets on TV!

Posted by: bigggreddd77 (---.painewebber.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 10:14AM

Looks like the big issue in all of this is that Saturday's game isn't actually being shown on TV...is it???

Date: March 22, 2005 10:53AM

we will know which regional channels the game will be played on either later today (tues) or tomorrow morning.

Posted by: Beeeej (68.160.255.---)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:19AM

Jeremy - my e-mail is down, but I'm in for SOF Saturday (and hopefully Sunday).

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RedAR (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:36AM

I'm in for SOF or any other gathering. I may be bringing along a friend or 2.

Date: March 22, 2005 02:06PM

it seems time warner is showing the game - i am going to call SOF at 3 (when they open) to see if they can get that signal and if we can reserve the back room...

Posted by: bigggreddd77 (---.painewebber.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 03:20PM

Are you sure? I see the postings about Time Warner Central NY...but what about NYC?

Date: March 22, 2005 04:06PM

no - im not sure - just relaying information i saw on this website

Date: March 22, 2005 05:19PM

Just got off the phone with the owner of Ship of Fools (82nd and 2nd) - he offered us the back room of his bar (holds about 50/60 people) to watch the game. He is eager to help us because other cornell games have been shown there and he loves our enthusiastic fans. He does not charge anything extra for reseving the room, however he wants an assurance that we are going to spend money while we are there. As a very rough estimate he is looking for $40 a person spent on food/drinks (assuming we are a group of 40). I am going to get in touch with the alumni association for help. Knowing myself I'll spend $40 before the end of the 1st period, but I dont want to speak for the group. Please let me know if you are interested so that I can book the room. There are about 10 people in my group and all are willing to spend the $40.

Posted by: Beeeej (68.160.255.---)
Date: March 22, 2005 08:33PM

I'm interested, but seriously - $40? I don't drink, and $40 is an awful lot of bar food and Coke. Unless of course someone's willing to take up my slack on the average.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2005 10:08PM

I just wanted to make sure the NYC people know that its a risky proposition expecting any bar to have our regional semifinal game.

Have the bar check DirecTV channel 657 at 7:30 pm on Thursday for a D-II Bball game, and DirecTV channel 658 on Saturday for the Worcester regional games. If they don't get those, they won't get ours, and they very well may not get those.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login