Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell vs OSU on TV?

Posted by Josh 03 
Cornell vs OSU on TV?
Posted by: Josh 03 (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:28AM

It's one of the games NOT listed on USCHO for being televised. The Minny Maine game is. During the selection show, there was a stream that kept saying...all games available on ESPN U or ESPN affiliates. Anyone have any ideas or any info on that yet?

~Josh

Re: Cornell vs OSU on TV?
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:34AM

[Q]Josh 03 Wrote:

It's one of the games NOT listed on USCHO for being televised. The Minny Maine game is. During the selection show, there was a stream that kept saying...all games available on ESPN U or ESPN affiliates. Anyone have any ideas or any info on that yet?

~Josh[/q]
For what that's worth, ESPN-U is scheduled to show the Cornell game tape-delayed at 12:30 in the morning.

Posted by: redredux (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:37AM

Do the various Fox sports affiliates typically pick up the early tourney games even though ESPN has the rights? I'm hoping so because it seems like ESPN-U isn't widely available yet.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:38AM

No.

Posted by: trainbow (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:38AM

If a local affiliate in Columbus, OH will air the game, there's always a road trip there for the telecast. And then of course wait two weeks for the FF. ;-)

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:39AM

[Q]redredux Wrote:

Do the various Fox sports affiliates typically pick up the early tourney games even though ESPN has the rights? I'm hoping so because it seems like ESPN-U isn't widely available yet. [/q]
They have in the past, but there was no ESPN-U in the past. We should know shortly, I'd think.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.nrp6.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:51AM

First they send us out west, and then we take it up the ass again by not being able to watch the first round game on TV. Fuckers.

Kyle

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:53AM

Hey, let's see what happens. I'm sure that it will be picked up in some markets.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:53AM

[Q]Kyle Rose Wrote:

First they send us out west, and then we take it up the ass again by not being able to watch the first round game on TV. Fuckers.

Kyle[/q]

laugh

Posted by: French Rage (---.wdc2-4-8-136-225.wdc2.dsl-verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 01:23PM

Any way we could pester them like we did for CSTV?

Posted by: abmarks (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 01:30PM

no joy pestering espnu. The game isnt on because there is another game scheduled at the same time that they are showing.

THey have the second round Grand Rapids game on instead....
Wisconsin/Michigan vs. Colgate/CC Mar. 26 5:00 ET

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 01:34PM

ESPN will syndicate the NCAA tournament regional games. In a few days, we'll know how many regional sports networks will show the Cornell-Ohio State game. There should not be any difficulty finding live tv coverage of the game.

When, down the road, ESPN-U retains exclusive braodcasting rights, this will be a different story. For now, other stations can broadcast the games.

Date: March 20, 2005 01:37PM

If Michigan wins against Wisconsin I bet we are hosed. Most likely syndication partner would be fox detroit, and they'd show Michigan-whoever over OSU Cornell. MAybe the cable company will pick it up for ithaca, but I bet everyone else gets hosed.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 01:49PM

[Q]cbuckser Wrote:

ESPN will syndicate the NCAA tournament regional games. In a few days, we'll know how many regional sports networks will show the Cornell-Ohio State game. There should not be any difficulty finding live tv coverage of the game.

When, down the road, ESPN-U retains exclusive braodcasting rights, this will be a different story. For now, other stations can broadcast the games.[/q]

It's now time to start pestering Time Warner to settle their rift with Fox Sports so we can get the regional FSN channels again. That's the best bet for Time Warner subscribers of seeing regional games if one doesn't live in a city with a tournament team and if one doesn't have directTV.

Date: March 20, 2005 01:53PM

I've been teetering on the edge of going to direct TV for a while now...It's actualy cheaper for me than Cable anyway....this may be the topper.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 02:09PM

I have 6 ESPNs and 7 ESPN PPV stations and no stinkin' ESPN U.

Well ESPN U!

smashfreak

^
Time Warner

Since TW is shafting us with the MSG Fox feud couldn't they give us ESPN U??

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 03:54PM

FYI - from [www.ncaasports.com]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Television Information March 25-27, 2005

March 20, 2005

All 12 NCAA Division I men's hockey regional games will be broadcast by ESPN, Inc. The regional games are available through ESPN Syndication and ESPNU. ESPN Syndication is made up of selected regional sports networks and cable systems. ESPN or ESPN2 will not air any regional games.

ESPN SYNDICATION
A complete list of specific local clearances will be posted on Tuesday afternoon, March 22 or March 23 in the morning on this link. Networks scheduled to air selected regional coverage included: FSN-North, Altitude Sports & Entertainment, C-SET, CN8, FSN-Pittsburgh, Ohio News Network to name a few. Check your local listings.

ESPNU
ESPNU is available on DirecTV channel 609 or Adelphia Cable. ESPNU will show over 20 hours of live coverage from March 25-27. Check ESPN.com under TV SCHEDULE for a complete list of ESPNU listings.

NCAA MEN'S ICE HOCKEY TV ANNOUCERS
Worcester, MA - March 25-26
Gary Thorne - Play x Play
Bill Clement - Color

Grand Rapids, MI - March 25-26
Eric Frede - Play x Play
Darren Pang - Color

Amherst, MA - March 26-27
Dave Ryan - Play x Play
Barry Melmose - Color

Minneapolis, MN - March 26-27
Bob Kurtz - Play x Play
Fred Pletsch - Color

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 03:57PM

[Q]redGrinch Wrote:

NCAA MEN'S ICE HOCKEY TV ANNOUCERS
Worcester, MA - March 25-26
Gary Thorne - Play x Play
Bill Clement - Color

Grand Rapids, MI - March 25-26
Eric Frede - Play x Play
Darren Pang - Color

Amherst, MA - March 26-27
Dave Ryan - Play x Play
Barry Melmose - Color

Minneapolis, MN - March 26-27
Bob Kurtz - Play x Play
Fred Pletsch - Color [/q]

There's the benefit of having no NHL...

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 03:58PM

so maybe i should tell time warner to buy adelphia already. or maybe this is a good time to go to satellite? granted i wont be home to watch the game, probably, saturday but for the future. plus it is cheaper! we shall see. empire sports is gone now so for me in buffalo i have to hope for fox sports net or one of the other nyc channels to pick up the game. we shall see!
LGR!

Posted by: GaryP (---.nas32.newark2.nj.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 06:59PM

Another way we got scrooged: we get Bob Kurtz (?) and some other color guy I have never heard of while the other regionals have the likes of Barry Melrose, Gary Thorne, and Panger calling their games...just one more thing to shake my head about.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 07:02PM

Somebody on the uscho boards said that ESPN does not have exclusive rights to the games. More specifically, local networks will pick up the ESPN feeds much the way Empire and NESN broadcasts were picked up locally in the past.

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 08:24PM

I dont think thats totally correct.. ESPN has the rights, but they choose not to show all the games and then sell off the games they dont want.. its much like f-ball where ABC/CBS/ESPN have first rights to most important games and then the leftovers fall of to local tv or other regional networks.

Posted by: TShen (---.va.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 20, 2005 08:45PM

Some info about the team working at the West Regional from a Yahoo! search.

Bob Kurtz:

[www.wild.com]

Fred Pletsch

[www.detroitsportsbroadcasters.org]

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 10:10PM

The USCHO page currently is messed up, showing the tv channels for Minn vs. Notre Dame??

It has both Western semifinals listed, but the teams are entirely wrong. Anyone know what's up with that? and when we can expect it to be accurate so we can actually start our bitching (if necessary)? ;)

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 20, 2005 11:06PM

It's the 2004 schedule.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2005 12:21AM

Since it can't hurt, if you want, ESPN has a feedback link about programming at:

[sports.espn.go.com]

Nothing ESPNU specific, but it says all ESPN networks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login