Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CSTV shows CU at 10pm Fri

Posted by abmarks 
CSTV shows CU at 10pm Fri
Posted by: abmarks (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 07:05PM

The game is now on CSTV at 10pm on tape delay the same night - a slight improvement. Below is the email response I received from the ECACHL a little while ago after writing a nastygram. Eveybody, lets not stop fighting- send nastygrams to the league and to CSTV all the way up and until game time on Friday. They acknowledge that its the fan dupport that got this done with emails and calls!. Write even if you dont have CSTV just to support your fellow CU'ers that have only that option.

Arik

p.s.. Add insult to injury. From 7 to 730 CSTV is showing an episode of *Coach* featuring Jack Parker as teh subject. Ain't that a slap in the face? I wrote in about that too.

====================================
Subject: RE: Tape-Delayed Semis? Another voice

–

We feel your frustration and fought hard to get CSTV to broadcast both games, and were also disappointed with Saturday’s tape delay time.

However, I’m actually in the middle of writing a release with new news.....CSTV will now show both semifinal games on Friday night. The Harvard-Colgate game will air live as planned at 7:30, followed by a tape delayed broadcast of the Cornell-Vermont game at 10 p.m. Still not perfect, but it’s awesome to have straight hours of ECAC Hockey League action broadcast on CSTV.

I can also tell you that it was the Fans who really helped make this happen – CSTV had so many e-mails and calls from ECACHL fans, that they reworked their programming to get both games aired on Friday night.

Thank you for interest in the ECAC Hockey League....we truly appreciate passionate fans such as yourself.

Laura Stange

Don't watch Syracuse-UVM!
Date: March 15, 2005 07:29PM

This just occurred to me: If you are planing on watching the hockey game at 10pm on CSTV, DO NOT watch the Syracuse - UVM basketball game at 7! I think it is a fair guess to say that they would mention the result of the UVM hockey game.... "What a banner year for UVM athletics, NCAA ski crown last weekend, big game today with Syracuse and a chance at an upset, and in ECAC playoff action, Vermont <fill in blank here...>

I may have a unique dilemma. Born and raised in Vermont, CU grad, Syracuse basketball hater. Now I have to tape the basketball game and watch it at 1 am after the hockey game.

And to top it off, I have a Syracuse grad girlfriend who I now won't be seeing that night since she'd spoil the hoop score for me.

Ouch.

Re: Don't watch Syracuse-UVM!
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 07:35PM

And I'm sure watching the Colgate-Harvard game live would "spoil" the Cornell score as well. I suppose it's an improvement, but still not a good solution for Cornell and Vermont hockey fans.

Date: March 15, 2005 07:41PM

Al-

I forgot about that part when I fired off my missives to the ECACHL. At least I don't care about catching the gate-Harvard game. It would be good to watch, but not a must-see for me. But I really want to watch the Cinderalla story on the hoop...

Date: March 15, 2005 07:46PM

[Q]abmarks Wrote:

Al-

I forgot about that part when I fired off my missives to the ECACHL. At least I don't care about catching the gate-Harvard game. It would be good to watch, but not a must-see for me. But I really want to watch the Cinderalla story on the hoop...
[/q]
I agree. Coppenrath's a great story.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 07:47PM

[Q]abmarks Wrote:
"What a banner year for UVM athletics, NCAA ski crown last weekend"[/q]
Denver won the NCAA championship ... UVM hosted and finished second.
[www.ncaasports.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2005 07:48PM by ben03.

Date: March 15, 2005 07:54PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

abmarks Wrote:
"What a banner year for UVM athletics, NCAA ski crown last weekend"[/Q]
Denver won the NCAA championship ... UVM hosted and finished second.[/q]

Oops. I guess I wasnt paying attention between periods when they brought some ski team people out with a trophy. Figured it was a win.

UVM did some cool stuff to whip up the crowd. THey brought out the ski team between periods like I mentioned, and then on Sunday night they had Coppenrath and Sorrentine from the hoop squad riding shotgun on the Zamboni between periods....

Re: CSTV shows CU at 10pm Fri (final score leaks out?)
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 09:16AM

You just know if you stay in a vacuum till 10 pm Friday, somehow the final is still going to leak out ....

It's not yet clear if the tape-delayed Cornell-Vermont game airs at 10 pm or "immediately following" the Harvard-Colgate game that faces off (?), airs (*?) at 7:30 pm. Maybe CSTV doesn't know for sure itself. Most non-tournament games, non-televised, run 2:10 or 2:15 to play, so without overtime Game 2 would be over around 9:45 or maybe with TV commercals 10-15 minutes later. Are the studio announcers going to do a song and dance to round out the minutes until 10 pm, or do they just cut immediately to the previous game? If there's OT the Cornell game would probably start after 10 pm.

(USCHO press release: [www.uscho.com] The first pass of the USCHO story has both semifinal game one and semifinal game two going off at 4:30 pm Friday.
(CSTV schedule: [cstv.collegesports.com] )

This timing is important for someone who wants to remain in that vacuum and then tune in from the start of the Cornell game -- who doesn't want to tune in early and hear the closing benediction of the Harvard game tell us who the Cantabs or Colgate will be playing Saturday at 8 pm.

Also, what are the odds CSTV shows the Cornell game on tape delay, you avoid all mentions of the game outcome by not starting to watch until the puck drops, but CSTV has a real time scores crawler at screen-bottom during the Cornell tape delay showing results of the day's college basketball and hockey? Sheesh, so many was to screw the pure and innocent Cornell fan who wants to pretend the game is really happening live.

Even worse: Pity the poor Vermont fan who stays home to catch both Vermont-Syracuse NCAA basketball and Vermont hockey on the tube. You know during the hoops game, the announcer is going to say, "What an incredible month and now day for Vermont winter athletics. Earlier today, the valiant Catamount hockey team took on top-seeded Cornell and in an amaz--"

Re: CSTV shows CU at 10pm Fri
Posted by: KenP (---.abrfc.noaa.gov)
Date: March 16, 2005 10:07AM

You could always use the live webcast and record the game later for posterity...

Re: CSTV shows CU at 10pm Fri (final score leaks out?)
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 16, 2005 11:37AM

[q] You just know if you stay in a vacuum till 10 pm Friday, somehow the final is still going to leak out .... [/q]Assuming I can find a TV that will actually show the Cornell game out here on the west coast (esp. since it's on against Stanford squeakball) I'm moderately confident that I could avoid being spoiled. As long as Brice isn't around...

Re: Overthinking this, perhaps
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 16, 2005 11:51AM

Friends...
For those of us on the West Coast, maybe we see things a little differently. (OK, maybe, it is just me...:-D)
Frankly, it is almost impossible to avoid the final score once the game is over and result posted. Besides, how many of us would really watch the tape-delayed broadcast if we lost to Vermont??? I for one can't imagine I could stomach an upset.
So I'd say, what the heck, check the scores online, and hopefully, we Cornellians (or better yet, "remote" Lynah Faithful, will get to enjoy the game knowing that our team has advanced to the final.

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.atgi.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 12:15PM

Well, this West Coaster is going to try very hard to wait patiently for the televised game. The webcast isn't an option for me, so really, all I have to do is avoid ELF for the last hour I'm at work! :-P I have (or will have by Friday) the Sports Pack on DirecTV so if anyone in the Bay Area needs a place to watch the game, you're welcome to come to my house. Email me if interested.*

* I'm traveling this afternoon and tomorrow and will not have internet/email access, so please don't expect an immediate response.

Posted by: ncaas (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2005 02:17PM

does anyone know if the first 2 rounds of the ncaas are televised in other countries? -- say italy?? i'm gonna be away, but i need to watch us.

Date: March 16, 2005 04:29PM

[Q]ncaas Wrote: Does anyone know if the first 2 rounds of the ncaas are televised in other countries? -- say italy?? i'm gonna be away, but i need to watch us.[/q]You're going to be in Italy and you're hoping maybe the local flavor of teams like this is going to impress ESPN-Italia:
Abbott
Abbott
Bitz
Carefoot
Chabot
Cook
Davenport
Downs
Gleed
Glover
Hynes
Iggulden
Knoepfli
Krantz
McCutcheon
McKee
McKeown
McLeod
Moulson
O'Byrne
Pegoraro
Pokulok
Salmela
Sawada
Scott
Varteressian
Schafer
There's probably a bar in County Cork that will lift a toast to these lads tomorrow. But NCAA TV in Italy? Any chance you can get out of the trip?

Date: March 16, 2005 04:49PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

ncaas Wrote: Does anyone know if the first 2 rounds of the ncaas are televised in other countries? -- say italy?? i'm gonna be away, but i need to watch us.[/Q]
You're going to be in Italy and you're hoping maybe the local flavor of teams like this is going to impress ESPN-Italia:
Abbott
Abbott
Bitz
Carefoot
Chabot
Cook
Davenport
Downs
Gleed
Glover
Hynes
Iggulden
Knoepfli
Krantz
McCutcheon
McKee
McKeown
McLeod
Moulson
O'Byrne
Pegoraro
Pokulok
Salmela
Sawada
Scott
Varteressian
Schafer
There's probably a bar in County Cork that will lift a toast to these lads tomorrow. But NCAA TV in Italy? Any chance you can get out of the trip? [/q]
DiLeo and Romano show we're trending in the right direction. nut

Posted by: Molly (129.43.32.---)
Date: March 16, 2005 05:28PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

DiLeo and Romano show we're trending in the right direction.[/q]

And Pegoraro! nut

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 05:32PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

abmarks Wrote:

Al-

[/Q]
I agree. Coppenrath's a great story.[/q]

The UVM hoops program is a great story as well.

Re: ethnics
Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 05:35PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:

ncaas Wrote: Does anyone know if the first 2 rounds of the ncaas are televised in other countries? -- say italy?? i'm gonna be away, but i need to watch us.[/Q]
You're going to be in Italy and you're hoping maybe the local flavor of teams like this is going to impress ESPN-Italia:
Abbott
Abbott
Bitz
Carefoot
Chabot
Cook
Davenport
Downs
Gleed
Glover
Hynes
Iggulden
Knoepfli
Krantz
McCutcheon
McKee
McKeown
McLeod
Moulson
O'Byrne
Pegoraro
Pokulok
Salmela
Sawada
Scott
Varteressian
Schafer
There's probably a bar in County Cork that will lift a toast to these lads tomorrow. But NCAA TV in Italy? Any chance you can get out of the trip? [/Q]
DiLeo and Romano show we're trending in the right direction.[/q]

Take a side trip to Armenia. With Varteressian on the roster, there's a better shot you'll catch trhe game there than in most otrher locales.

:-D

Re: CSTV shows CU at 10pm Fri (odds of successful taping)
Date: March 16, 2005 10:31PM

I get on a plane Thursday at 8 am. I get back Friday. wheels down, at 11:58 pm. I have the blank disk (formatted) in the DVD-recorder set to go on Friday on Line 1 at 10 pm and record four hours (there could be overtime). There are two spare formatted disks on top of the drive. I have the DSS dialed in to CSTV 610 and running out to Line 1 in on the DVD drive. I made a test recording tongiht at 10. There is a UPS on the DSS and DVD. The kids have instructions under penalty of no Xbox for a week: leave the satellite receiver on and tuned to 610 by 9pm Friday. Put the blank disk back in the DVD player. Turn the DVD drive off because it needs to be off in order to turn back on and record. They can watch TV but don't mess with the DSS or DVD.

So this week's eLynah poll: When Bill gets home 12:30 a.m. Saturday, will there be a hockey game for him to watch:

a) Of course. He has a loving, understanding, technically minded family.
b) If the kids forget, his wife will step in. She loves technology too.
c) You gotta be kidding me.
d) Oh, well, it's on Saturday morning again at 11:00.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2005 10:31PM by billhoward.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 11:09PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
So this week's eLynah poll: When Bill gets home 12:30 a.m. Saturday, will there be a hockey game for him to watch:

a) Of course. He has a loving, understanding, technically minded family.
b) If the kids forget, his wife will step in. She loves technology too.
c) You gotta be kidding me.
d) Oh, well, it's on Saturday morning again at 11:00.
[/q]

e) Freddy Meyer is a hack!

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Red Man (---.fidelity.com)
Date: March 17, 2005 09:53AM

This kind of TV schedule is made for Tivo (of the cable/satellite equivalent). If you don't have it....get it now.

Friday broadcast shelved
Date: March 18, 2005 11:42PM

CSTV is now running a scroll that due to the length of the Colgate-Harvard game, the Cornell-UVM game can be seen in its entirety tomorrow.

Re: Friday broadcast shelved
Date: March 19, 2005 04:47PM

yep- gotta get in the hoop commentary!

Re: Friday broadcast shelved
Date: March 19, 2005 04:58PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

CSTV is now running a scroll that due to the length of the Colgate-Harvard game, the Cornell-UVM game can be seen in its entirety tomorrow.[/q]

Actually I didn't read it closely enough. Apparently it was on at 1:15 am.

Both Cornell games to be shown at 9am Sunday
Date: March 19, 2005 11:41PM

According to the CSTV schedule, the semifinal will be rebroadcast at 9am Sunday followed at 11:30am by tonight's championship game. ESPN2 will have the selection show at 11am.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login