Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Albany Roll Call

Posted by Robb 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Albany Roll Call
Posted by: Robb (---.169.137.235.ts46v-07.otnc1.ftwrth.tx.charter.co)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:40PM

Whoo-hoo!!! Er, I mean, Yeee-Haaw!!! The Texas contingent (my girlfriend and I) will be there - section 108, row 6. I doubt you'll be able to miss us - look for the only people weird enough to wear big foam cowboy hats to cheer on a goalie from Texas.

Sweeet...

Re: Albany Roll Call
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:44PM

Hells yeah I'll be there. :-D

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:45PM

You know it, Texas flag and all. I'll be wherever they put the Cornell Club of the Greater Captial District. Man, I'm pumped!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:47PM

Section 106, Row H, seat 7. As if I'll be sitting. :-P

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

CU in Albany! rock

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 10:47PM

I'll be there with an army of Cornellians. Well, maybe not an army, but I think we got 8-10 confirmed as wanting to go, which is more than the me-plus-one that I traveled with two years ago. :-D

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:04PM

Me plus two! Gotta think of new signs to replace the "Murray: WMD" and "Threat Level Red" from 2003

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:07PM

That's dedication Adam... you have to make the trip all the way from Albany! Whatta fan ;-)

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:09PM

Depends on the semis. Driving up for the final if we beat Vermouth.

Date: March 12, 2005 11:11PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

That's dedication Adam... you have to make the trip all the way from Albany! Whatta fan [/q]

Ha! The dedication is being at a Cornell hockey game before 5pm on a Friday, Chris! ;-) Shouldn't you be at the bars?! Dunbars and JO's is gonna be hopping tonight! banana

Date: March 12, 2005 11:13PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

Depends on the semis. Driving up for the final if we beat Vermouth.[/q]

We play at 4:30pm on Friday:

Semifinals -- March 18
Pepsi Arena * Albany, N.Y.
Semifinal 1 -- #1 vs. #4, 4:30 p.m.
Semifinal 2 -- #2 vs. #3, 7:30 p.m.

[www.ecachockeyleague.com]

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:14PM

Yeah, still pregaming and fuckin around on the message board... headed to the bars in a few minutes. I'll have a shot for you.

Posted by: schoaff (---.atl.megapath.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:18PM

[Q]Robb Wrote:

Whoo-hoo!!! Er, I mean, Yeee-Haaw!!! The Texas contingent (my girlfriend and I) will be there - section 108, row 6. I doubt you'll be able to miss us - look for the only people weird enough to wear big foam cowboy hats to cheer on a goalie from Texas.

Sweeet...[/q]

Coming up from Gainesville, FL with Dartmouth alumna wife and 4 year old daughter who already knows 3 different Cornell fight songs by heart (still working on alma mater ;-)

Bought tickets through Capital District Cornell Club. So will be in whatever section that is.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:25PM

New sign idea:

McKee. One Texan who earned a mandate by winning.
screwy

Too politically biased? Well, we are Red and proud of it.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:27PM

[Q]Roy 82 Wrote:
Too politically biased? Well, we are Red and proud of it.[/q]

Just tiresome.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:32PM

Unfortunately, Roy, both politically and for your analogy, we (you, me, and Cornell) are all from blue states.

Posted by: Drew042 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:32PM

I'll be there with my fiance. I'd bring the dogs too, but I think the Pepsi Arena may frown on that;-)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.c3-0.avec-ubr9.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rc)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:33PM

I'll be there. Oh, I'll be there all right. I expect Jessica will join me, too, but I'll be there - even if pieces of my brain are falling out of my ears in large chunks, I'll be there.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:39PM

Seeing as I have only missed three games this season (2 at Michigan State and at SLU), I think I will be in Albany.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 11:44PM

No question.

Posted by: stop bragging (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 12:07AM

well arent you just one cool cat

Date: March 13, 2005 12:23AM

[Q]stop bragging Wrote:

well arent you just one cool cat[/q]

not nearly as cool as one posting under an alias.

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---.arlngt01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 12:49AM

I'll be there. Can't wait.

Posted by: DevilDerby (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 01:20AM

Hello,

Me too, I only hope that Mr. P. graces us with his lucky contribution.

Devil "I'm old" Derby

Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2005 01:32AM

What better climate for Spring Break than Albany, NY?

Section 105, Row 8

Posted by: AKMer (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2005 01:44AM

OH YES. Forget about the start of Spring Break, I'll be there if I have to walk.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 01:53AM

I'll be there... I'll prolly drag my bro and father with me. Maybe even my uncle...

I think I'll leave the girlfriend at home though... she skipped tonights game to go play soccer... I mean... soccer is like watching a blonde try to piss in the corner of a round room... amusing at first... then it is just retarded.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 01:54AM

We're already there! :-)

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 02:27AM

i'll be there, "rescheduling" an exam, with the "lynah middle east sign" again

word also has it facetimer may be in attendance!

-mike

Date: March 13, 2005 03:20AM

[Q]Drew042 Wrote:
I'll be there with my fiance. I'd bring the dogs too, but I think the Pepsi Arena may frown on that[/q]You all should also be aware that the Pepsi Arena also frowns on anything that might technically theoretically possibly maybe in some world by some stretch of the imagination be used as a weapon. Two years ago the people at the door wouldn't let me in because I had one of those tiny little Leathermans on my keychain.

[www.leatherman.com]

You're going to tell me I was going to terrorize 10,000 people with THAT? rolleyes

So anyway, if you have anything remotely in the same vein on your keychain or whatever, you might want to leave it in your car.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.we.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 03:45AM

I'm flying on the redeye from Los Angeles on thursday evening. Will definitely be there, get to break out my unnamed (Wallace) #12 away jersey.

Posted by: judy (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2005 07:40AM

arriving fri nite after the games...stupid new job :`(

at least this year's already better than last year!

Date: March 13, 2005 10:24AM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

You all should also be aware that the Pepsi Arena also frowns on anything that might technically theoretically possibly maybe in some world by some stretch of the imagination be used as a weapon. Two years ago the people at the door wouldn't let me in because I had one of those tiny little Leathermans on my keychain.

You're going to tell me I was going to terrorize 10,000 people with THAT?

So anyway, if you have anything remotely in the same vein on your keychain or whatever, you might want to leave it in your car.[/q]

You're the soon-to-be-a-lawyer here. If somebody stabs another person with a Leatherman (or whatever) inside the Pepsi Arena, wouldn't the victim have a cause of action against the Pepsi Arena? Even if the tickets have a not-liable clause on the back, I can't imagine something like that would be very helpful for them. But hey, what do I know?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 11:08AM

I'll be there with 7 others.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2005 07:42PM

i'll be there there with my younger brother :-)

Posted by: Janos (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 04:26PM

add 8 more rowdy kids to the tally...

4 from Beantown
4 from NYC

Go RED

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 04:30PM

Little Killer (my daughter) and I will be there.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 04:34PM

My girlfriend and I will be there Thursday night through Sunday - section 110, somewhere in the middle, according to Cornell.

4 ECAC championship weekends in a row and counting... with a streak going, its not even an option anymore :)

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 04:46PM

Add me plus one to the list - section 115. :-D Can't wait (and really really don't want to have class this week).

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2005 04:52PM

I'll be there :-D

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 05:45PM

Indeed, Jessica will be joining me!

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2005 07:10PM

Well, no shit, I'll be there... the question is, where's the party at Friday Night in Albany?

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.nstnig01.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2005 07:19PM

Coming with a few from Mystic, CT, and one each from Wooohstah, NYC and Albany. Yeah, where's the party Friday?

Date: March 14, 2005 07:19PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

4 ECAC championship weekends in a row and counting... with a streak going, its not even an option anymore [/q]

Woof! ;-)

Date: March 14, 2005 07:22PM

3rd floor of the parking garage next to the arena, you heard it here first.

Date: March 14, 2005 07:29PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Well, no shit, I'll be there... the question is, where's the party at Friday Night in Albany?[/q]

Looks like SUNY Albany will be on Spring break...too bad...

The Lamp Post and Washington Tavern will be packed with whatever SUNY Albany students are still in town--smaller bars. Closer to the arena, Jillian's and the Big House will be bumping. Jillians is more of a sports bar, the Big House is more like JO's.

Here's reviews I found on Jillians and The Big House

Jillian's 59 North Pearl Street
For the full entertainment experience, Jillian's compares to none other. People of all ages can visit the establishment, but when the clock strikes 10pm, the over-21's take over.

This place is great because there are several large areas to play pool, arcade or carnival games, and there are ample bars to watch pro sports games around, or listen to a live performance.

Big House [www.bighouseonline.com] 90 North Pearl Street
Close to Jillian's another awesome bar draws crowds of UAlbany and Siena students, alike. The Big House is where you go to have a great time with friends, and dance like crazy. The location was originally a hundred-year-old warehouse that was renovated in 1996, and has become the premiere Albany party spot. It even received Best College Bar award from City Search 2001-2003. Party at the Big House and you'll realize this is what college fun is all about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2005 08:02PM by atb9.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 07:49PM

I'll be there with my fiancee, Jaime, who has become quite the Cornell hockey fan. (She didn't have much of a choice.) We'll be sitting in Section 109, along with our friends "redhead" and her husband--a couple I was lucky enough to meet at the championship weekend in Albany in 2003. (Isn't Cornell hockey great?) Redhead's husband and I were first in line this morning, arriving at 7:00 AM.

And if anyone needs any more assurance that we will be victorious this weekend, I'll let you know that I am, apparently, the team's lucky charm when it comes to ECAC championships. Let me explain...

I entered Cornell as a freshman in the fall of 1982. From that time, until now, not including this year, Cornell has gone to the ECAC final weekend twelve times. I have only attended in person four times. Those four times were 1986 (my senior year), 1996, 1997, and 2003. In case those years don't jump right out at you, those are the last four years that we won ECAC championships. I have never attended the championship weekend and not seen the Big Red win it all, and over the last almost quarter-century they have never won the title if I was not present.

Lest anyone think I am making this up, I mentioned this in 2003 too, in a similarly (or identically) titled thread. And although I was just a tad worried for a little while in 2003, a late third period goal, followed by a quick OT goal by the good guys eliminated all doubt.

So I will be in Albany, doing my part. I have no doubt that the team will do theirs, winning our record 11th ECAC Championship.

Let's Go Red!
Andy W.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2005 08:02PM by andyw2100.

Date: March 14, 2005 07:56PM

That's great Andy. Of course, if we don't win, we'll blame you. :-P

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 14, 2005 08:37PM

Rebekah Gordon will go to Albany. She is in grad school in NYC which makes it possible to go to the games.
We in CA will settle for TV broadcast! (Well, we will get the CU women lacrosse at Stanford on Saturday.)
Beeeej...you will have to cheer for us!
TST :-)

Posted by: Beeeej (68.160.255.---)
Date: March 14, 2005 08:59PM

I'm on it, Tom!

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: March 14, 2005 09:26PM

Seeing as how my crew is likely the only group of students over 21 (or with good fakes)... parking garage it is! And unless anyone else can think of another red colored beverage, it's Killians and Campari for all.

Posted by: kozaczkies (---.ma.charter.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 09:29PM

Travis, I think its spelled Worcester.

Jerk. nut

Anyways, thats a good point... where to party friday night? Where did everyone go during the 2003 ecac playoffs?

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 09:38PM

Jillian's... though I got the sense that this was the new traditional "you only go here if you win the Saturday late game" place, much like Mudpuddles in Placid.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: March 14, 2005 09:38PM

[Q]kozaczkies Wrote:

Where did everyone go during the 2003 ecac playoffs?[/q]

I went and partied with a friend at RPI and his frat brothers. Nice guys, as I recall.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 09:43PM

RPI and Union are also on break I believe.

Date: March 14, 2005 09:45PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

My girlfriend and I will be there Thursday night through Sunday - section 110, somewhere in the middle, according to Cornell.

4 ECAC championship weekends in a row and counting... with a streak going, its not even an option anymore [/q]

so are we keeping up with the saturday night drink as well? this year will definitely be more exciting than last year at jillian's.

Date: March 14, 2005 10:37PM

Without making any elusions to a potential matchup this year ;-) , is it customary to throw fish at Harvard even in the ECAC's? (Not sure if they would even be warming up in front of us anyway)

Date: March 14, 2005 10:59PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Without making any elusions to a potential matchup this year , is it customary to throw fish at Harvard even in the ECAC's? (Not sure if they would even be warming up in front of us anyway)[/q]

I don't claim to be an expert (I've only seen the one game vs. Harvard two years ago), but I would say, don't try it. It sounds like a good way to get a bench minor for Cornell (I sincerely doubt the Pepsi Arena staff will be nearly as forgiving as the Lynah staff). That being said, if Harvard comes to Lynah for the first round or QFs of the ECACs, as they did in 2000, feel free to toss as much fish at them as you want. :-D

Posted by: schoaff (---.atl.megapath.net)
Date: March 14, 2005 10:59PM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Without making any elusions to a potential matchup this year , is it customary to throw fish at Harvard even in the ECAC's? (Not sure if they would even be warming up in front of us anyway)[/q]

I've never seen it done and don't think it would be a good idea. Unlike Lynah they won't have a crew waiting to scoop up fish, newspapers, & cet..

Date: March 14, 2005 11:21PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Without making any elusions to a potential matchup this year , is it customary to throw fish at Harvard even in the ECAC's? (Not sure if they would even be warming up in front of us anyway)[/Q]
I don't claim to be an expert (I've only seen the one game vs. Harvard two years ago), but I would say, don't try it. It sounds like a good way to get a bench minor for Cornell (I sincerely doubt the Pepsi Arena staff will be nearly as forgiving as the Lynah staff). That being said, if Harvard comes to Lynah for the first round or QFs of the ECACs, as they did in 2000, feel free to toss as much fish at them as you want.[/q]

I am by no means advocating the throwing of fish in Albany. I agree that it would be a bad idea, considering the rink staff would not be prepared for this.

But just out of curiosity, is it even possible for a bench minor penalty to be given to a team for behavior by fans in a neutral site?
Andy W.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 11:22PM

... and have already played their game

red drinks...
Date: March 14, 2005 11:25PM

i'm 21! but most students aren't. yet another reason why the drinking age should be 18...but i digress (as if this whole post isn't a bit OT).

there's always good old cranberry and vodka for a red drink. cosmopolitans are a syrupy red. also, anything with grenadine. although...seeing as we're talking about a parking garage, sticking to beer might be better - we don't want people getting sick all over cars after a few mixed drinks (much less likely with a few "red" beers).

And after doing a little searching on [www.webtender.com], this might be my new favorite (hockey-related, red) shot: Cranberry Zamboni
1/2 oz cranberry vodka or schnapps
1/2 oz Wild Spirit liqueur (a raspberry/chocolate flavored schnapps)

There's also these, [www.webtender.com], which ought to get a mention just for the names.
:-)

Re: red drinks...
Date: March 14, 2005 11:37PM

Fine, fine work...... drinking + Big Red. Good combo

Date: March 15, 2005 12:15AM

Don't forget these: [www.webtender.com]

Date: March 15, 2005 12:21AM

I think it would be far less problematic if touthpaste were thrown on the ice, not to mention potentially eradicating plaque and fighting gingivitis

Date: March 15, 2005 12:29AM

[Q]Cornell Cocktail (Ordinary Drink. Alcoholic.)
Ingredients: Gin, Lemon juice, Maraschino liqueur, Egg white [/Q]

egg white? eeew...i mean, i'll drink pretty much anything alcoholic, but ...egg white?
on second thought, the yolk would be worse.

Date: March 15, 2005 02:54AM

You bring the Vodka, I'll bring the Hawaiian Punch. banana

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 15, 2005 06:54AM

I'll be there, albeit in 111. But hey, we're in the building -- that's what matters.

Date: March 15, 2005 09:36AM

[Q]judy Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:

4 ECAC championship weekends in a row and counting... with a streak going, its not even an option anymore [/Q]
so are we keeping up with the saturday night drink as well? this year will definitely be more exciting than last year at jillian's.[/q]
I'm all for it! :-)

And to clarify one thing (in part responding to Beeeej and in part continuing this topic), I remember reading on here that Muddpuddles in Placid was actually the Cornell place, and not the championship place, but that Cornell fans kind of got the two confused and it really hurt Muddpuddles' business in years such as 2002. Having only been to Placid that one year, I regret being under the wrong impression and therefore having never visited there.

Likewise, Jillians was decided upon, two years ago, to be the Cornell bar, not the Cornell championship bar or the anyone Championship bar. Unfortunately, its not over/under, but I don't think anywhere in Albany was. So be at Jillians Saturday night, just a few blocks down the street from the arena, on S. Pearl St.

I'd hate to see people stop going just because we won a championship in 2003. Its the Cornell bar, win or lose, rain or shine. That was the decison, unless we want to make a new one :). Feel free to go Friday too if ya want!

Oh, and Adam, can I really woof my own inconsequential 'accomplishment'? :)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2005 01:35PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: judy (---.accessww.com)
Date: March 15, 2005 09:58AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

I'd hate to see people stop going just because we won a championship in 2003. Its the Cornell bar, win or lose, rain or shine. That was the decison, unless we want to make a new one . Feel free to go Friday too if ya want!
[/Q]

That's true. I was there with melissa and fred and fred's gf (sorry, can't remember her name) last year and the team wasn't even there!

Posted by: MattShaf (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2005 11:36AM

See ya all for drinks and celebrating.....hopefully after a weekend sweep nut

Matt Shafiroff '94

Date: March 15, 2005 01:14PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:
Likewise, Jillians was decided upon, two years ago, to be the Cornell bar, not the Cornell championship bar or the anyone Championship bar. Unfortunately, its not over/under, but I don't think anywhere in Albany was. So be at Jillians Saturday night, just a few blocks down the street from the arena, on S. Pearl St.[/q]Jillian's is over-under if you get there early enough. Not much point in having a kids menu otherwise. (Not sure whether they actively seek out underage folks and give them the boot once they switch over to full-on bar mode, though.)

Date: March 15, 2005 01:28PM

I have a hunch "early enough" wouldn't include "after an 8 p.m. hockey game", so I guess that's not too much help. Although if anyone wants to dig into the exact policy, feel free! Doesn't affect me either way, really.

Anyway, I just wanted to make the point that Jillians was what we decided upon for the *Cornell* bar, not a championship bar, so be there win or lose. I'd hate to see Jillians befall the same fate as Muddpuddles among the Faithful

Posted by: Beeeej (68.160.255.---)
Date: March 15, 2005 01:35PM

I stand corrected.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: March 15, 2005 07:34PM

So, with CSTV now tape delaying the early game at 10...and (knock on wood)...anyone know if Jillians has CSTV?

Posted by: ganderson (---.drama.yale.edu)
Date: March 15, 2005 09:39PM

I'll be there, and I'm dragging my father. He wanted to know if he should bring a cow bell. I had to explain to him that someone was taking care of that. It will be refreshing to embarass my father (instead of the other way 'round) for a change. :)

Our tix are section 124 (opposite corner from the Cornell section), though of course I don't plan to sit there. With my luck it's the Hahvahd fan section (which means we'd have it all to ourselves, but still... :)

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 15, 2005 09:47PM

i will be there in spirit only! I have off friday but have to work of course saturday and then sunday i switch to nights. my wife is working fri and sat. no games for us. gonna listen over the web though :)
LGR!
have guys and i have some advice. if u want a souvenir buy it early as they WILL sell out :)

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2005 10:54PM

Jerseymother and I will be at the championship game should Cornell be playing, as the Jerseychildhood home is close to Albany. But it is not, interestingly enough, in Jersey.

Jerseygirl is now going to bed, as she has a terrible Jerseycold and is Jerseydelirious.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 08:37AM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

Fine, fine work...... drinking + Big Red. Good combo[/q]

On the other hand, drinking Big Red = yuk.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

DO NOT throw anything on the ice away from Lynah
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 08:39AM

[Q]CM cWo 44 Wrote:

No. Do not throw anything on the ice on the road or at a neutral site. No fish, no newspapers, no toothpaste, nothing. Except hats, should that become appropriate. Hats OK, anything else, NO.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: DO NOT throw anything on the ice away from Lynah
Posted by: RichH (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2005 11:50AM

In past neutral-site games where the fish question was asked, fans usually got creative. Signs featuring fish were displayed, fish-shaped hats were worn, and people held up colorful paper cut-outs of aquatic life. I think I remember someone tying a can of tuna to a string and pole to dangle. No throwing.

The only time I remember seeing a fish was after the 1996 Whitelaw was awarded. The closing shot of the TV broadcast was of a big 'ol real fish someone tossed. That would've been interesting to sit next to the person hiding that for several hours.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 01:24PM

This may have been mentioned already...but what are the designated Cornell sections (where was the CU ticket office selling tickets for). If I end up going I want to try to get tickets as close to the rest of you yahoos as possible.

Date: March 16, 2005 01:39PM

[Q]DisplacedCornellian Wrote:

This may have been mentioned already...but what are the designated Cornell sections (where was the CU ticket office selling tickets for). If I end up going I want to try to get tickets as close to the rest of you yahoos as possible. [/q]

The Cornell ticket office was sent seats in sections 107-113. The seats in 107 and 108 were set aside for family/friends of the players, staff, etc. So the rest of us are in sections 109-113.
Andy W.

Posted by: REDhead (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2005 01:55PM

Actually the CU allotment went through sec 115....I believe 114 & 115 are the student sections, the rest went to townies and 'others'...

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2005 02:46PM

I'm pretty sure students were sold the same sections as everybody else.

Posted by: Drew042 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2005 03:30PM

REDhead is right. Students are in 114 & 115. The rest of the ticket allotment was sold to the general public.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2005 03:32PM

well, I'm a student and I'm in 111. Most of the other students in line were getting 110-112.

Date: March 16, 2005 04:01PM

I'm a student and my friends and I are in 108. So that means we're in the section with family, etc.?

...hmmm, if that means sitting down and being quiet we may be moving over...

Date: March 16, 2005 04:03PM

If you want to stand, you should probably go upstairs with the band - I don't know about this time, but typically the section with and maybe the ones around the band stood, and that was it. Being quiet, on the other hand, I don't think you have to worry about anywhere.

Date: March 16, 2005 04:50PM

AKMer'08--Just curious--did you get your tix through the CU ticket office or through Pepsi Arena/Ticketmaster?

Date: March 16, 2005 04:52PM

CU Ticket Office. I think I was something like the 5th student in line, 10th overall? Maybe less. :-D

Date: March 16, 2005 04:59PM

Hmmmm....we were first in line, wanted 108 and were told by Gene we couldn't get it because Coach had taken the whole of sections 107 & 108 for players/family/friends of program. He planned separate general public and student sections with the students at 114-115 so they could stand if they wanted. In 2003, he had only a couple sections, sold the front to general public and the back and second level to students for the same reason...anyway, a little bummed by the 108 thing--where are you in the section?

Date: March 16, 2005 05:28PM

Oh wow, I'm sorry you couldn't get them. I have no idea why they sold us tickets there if they were planning to divide it up like that. I just asked for section 107 or 108 and whoever was at the student window (don't know who it was, sorry) gave us Row S, Seats 1-3. (I assume that's pretty far back from the ice...) Strange.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 16, 2005 06:45PM

Students and family who have been mis-placed have also been known to swap seats, and fans of different teams marooned in the wrong place have done the same.

Generally speaking, everyone has been congenial at these events. Except for the green slime -- Vermont fans -- who on the whole were real assholes in 96 and 97 (in the latter instance, I can almost understand ;-)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 16, 2005 06:55PM

[q]Except for the green slime -- Vermont fans -- who on the whole were real assholes in 96 and 97 (in the latter instance, I can almost understand[/q]But that made the "No, Cats No!" chants so much sweeter.

Posted by: Robb (---.169.137.235.ts46v-07.otnc1.ftwrth.tx.charter.co)
Date: March 16, 2005 09:39PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:
Generally speaking, everyone has been congenial at these events. Except for the green slime -- Vermont fans -- who on the whole were real assholes in 96 and 97 (in the latter instance, I can almost understand
[/q]
Did you go to the East Regional in '97? Or were you talking about the UVM fans who bothered to show up in Lake Placid even though the team didn't show up for their QF series with Princeton?

Or were you thinking of the East Regional in '96 at Albany - I defintely remember a bunch of annoying UVM seat-hoarders at that one.

Posted by: cquinn (---.goodrich.com)
Date: March 17, 2005 10:26AM

[Q]Or were you thinking of the East Regional in '96 at Albany - I defintely remember a bunch of annoying UVM seat-hoarders at that one.[/Q]

I just remember P.C. Drouin's shot ringing off the crossbar late in the game. I think you can still hear the echo.

Posted by: melissa '01 (---.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 17, 2005 10:28AM

Sweetie. I'll DVR it so either way you can catch it before Saturday's game ....

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.alb.choiceone.net)
Date: March 17, 2005 03:25PM

Lucked out at the box office this afternoon. Section 107, row K, seats 6 and 7. Sent back by some Cornell fans.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 17, 2005 05:31PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Lucked out at the box office this afternoon. Section 107, row K, seats 6 and 7. Sent back by some Cornell fans.[/q]

Not sure I'd call 'em fans if they're turning back tickets. whistle

Posted by: Doug Dickerson (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2005 08:26PM

Jackie, Daniel, Lucas & I will be there.
Lets Go Red

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login