Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

The current ELynah poll

Posted by Josh '99 
The current ELynah poll
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 02:55PM

Where's the option for "Vladivostok"? :-D

Re: The current ELynah poll
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2005 03:02PM

Not slated to be a regional until 2008

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 03:50PM

All good, that much more time to plan the ultimate "road"trip. B-]

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.rover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 03:57PM

Speaking of polls:

[clarksonathletics.com]

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 04:03PM

The dreaded East Country weekend.

Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 04:08PM

My poll asks how Clarkson will do againt Union? Is that what yours says?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:23PM

I think Worcester is actually the longest trip for me.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.wholesystems.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:40PM

How about "as far as it takes" as a choice?

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:48PM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:

My poll asks how Clarkson will do againt Union? Is that what yours says?
[/q]

I voted for them to lose to Union 2 games to none. nut

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:56PM

[whine]It's not fair! If I were back east and didn't have a couple of weekend commitments this time of year I'd be willing to travel wherever. As it is, regionals are just too difficult. Albany maybe and anything past regionals I'd certainly try...[/whine]

Posted by: dbilmes (69.37.79.---)
Date: March 09, 2005 03:22PM

The Clarkson poll's been changed. Now it's asking for predictions for the series against Cornell. So far, most people have predicted a Clarkson loss.

2-0 2%
2-1 44%
1-2 15%
0-2 38%

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 03:38PM

I'm still seeing the Clarkson vs. Union poll, no matter what browser I use or how many times I reload. Is it at a different URL?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 09, 2005 03:55PM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

I'm still seeing the Clarkson vs. Union poll, no matter what browser I use or how many times I reload. Is it at a different URL?

Beeeej[/q]

It was Cornell for me as of my post. I use Firefox, so that might have something to do with it.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 03:55PM

It works for me if I just go to ClarksonAthletics.com, and knock off that path=mhock stuff from the link earlier in this thread.

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.graham.clarkson.edu)
Date: March 09, 2005 04:15PM

That poll is out of a whopping 57 people. I'm sure that is <sarcasm>certainly</sarcasm> a large enough sample group to show what the hockey community thinks. If we asked everyone, I bet it would be even tilted more in Cornell's favor. yark Makes me sick. Seems that even some of the most devout Clarkson fans have no faith. [clarkson.dailyjolt.com] if you want even more proof. Much better sample size, and mostly Clarkson students.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 04:22PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

Much better sample size, and mostly Clarkson students.[/q]

Not for long. :-P

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.graham.clarkson.edu)
Date: March 09, 2005 04:57PM

Yeah, I know. But looking at those results, seriously... why do you feel a need to vote? It's obvious the majority feels we aren't going to win.

Posted by: ugarte (---.axiomlegal.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 05:09PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

Yeah, I know. But looking at those results, seriously... why do you feel a need to vote? It's obvious the majority feels we aren't going to win.[/q]But almost all think they are going to win at least a game. For a team with 12 wins all year, that constitutes woofing.

Not that I am making any predictions.

Date: March 09, 2005 05:15PM

[q]But almost all think they are going to win at least a game. For a team with 12 wins all year, that constitutes woofing.[/q]Even if it does, so what? These are Clarkson fans, so who cares if they are looking through green and gold glasses? Optimism in support of your team is part of fandom.

Also, it may not be woofing. If they honestly believe that Clarkson will win one or more games and state it without any of the trappings of woofing (e.g. "Clarkson is going to kick some ass" or "Cornell sucks, so we'll win";) then it's not woofing. Since we can't know from the poll I'm happy to leave that determination to the almighty woofing gods.

Posted by: DL (---.serial.cavtel.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 07:06PM

So it's not exactly on-topic, but I have to say that it's absolutely criminal that bizarro-CU has a goal-cam and Age still can't get past the stands. :-(

Posted by: Drew (199.43.48.---)
Date: March 10, 2005 10:34AM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

But almost all think they are going to win at least a game. For a team with 12 wins all year, that constitutes woofing.[/Q]
Even if it does, so what? These are Clarkson fans, so who cares if they are looking through green and gold glasses? Optimism in support of your team is part of fandom.

Also, it may not be woofing. If they honestly believe that Clarkson will win one or more games and state it without any of the trappings of woofing (e.g. "Clarkson is going to kick some ass" or "Cornell sucks, so we'll win";) then it's not woofing. Since we can't know from the poll I'm happy to leave that determination to the almighty woofing gods.
[/q]

eLynah editorial picking 4-0 and 5-0 blowout shutouts, is woofing.......and the woofing gods are listening.......hopefully, like last year.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 10, 2005 10:54AM

I don't think it's woofing at all. The "official" definition of woofing is as follows:

[Q]Woofing is any outlandish, outrageous, inflammatory, ridiculous, unsupported, sophmoric, or otherwise brain-dead commentary or predictions regarding a specific team, player, or athletic event.[/Q]

It's not a conservative pick, but it's at least thought out and supported by arguements in the editorial.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2005 10:55AM by Pete Godenschwager.

Date: March 10, 2005 12:13PM

More accurately it might be woofing, but at least there's some solid evidence to (in the arguments) that it isn't. The Almighty Woofing Gods will decide.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 10, 2005 01:13PM

[Q]Drew Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:

But almost all think they are going to win at least a game. For a team with 12 wins all year, that constitutes woofing.[/Q]
Even if it does, so what? These are Clarkson fans, so who cares if they are looking through green and gold glasses? Optimism in support of your team is part of fandom.

[/Q]
eLynah editorial picking 4-0 and 5-0 blowout shutouts, is woofing.......and the woofing gods are listening.......hopefully, like last year.[/q]

Why would Cornell beat the crap out of Clarkson? Let's see. They are superior at every position. They had last weekend off while Clarkson played 12 periods of hockey. Clarkson has no offense while Cornell has the best defense in college hockey. O yeah, and 16 of the 19 Cornell players who will play this weekend were embarrassed on home ice by Clarkson last sesaon. I think my prediction is not without basis. Whether it happens or not is another question. There is a reason they play the games and thus our predictions and conversation only serves the purpose of us passing the time. But seriously, good luck to Clarkson in scoring more than two goals this weekend, let alone winning two games.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2005 01:14PM by calgARI '07.

Posted by: Drew (199.43.32.---)
Date: March 10, 2005 01:45PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Drew Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:

[/Q]
eLynah editorial picking 4-0 and 5-0 blowout shutouts, is woofing.......and the woofing gods are listening.......hopefully, like last year.[/Q]
Why would Cornell beat the crap out of Clarkson? Let's see. They are superior at every position. They had last weekend off while Clarkson played 12 periods of hockey. Clarkson has no offense while Cornell has the best defense in college hockey. O yeah, and 16 of the 19 Cornell players who will play this weekend were embarrassed on home ice by Clarkson last sesaon. I think my prediction is not without basis. Whether it happens or not is another question. There is a reason they play the games and thus our predictions and conversation only serves the purpose of us passing the time. But seriously, good luck to Clarkson in scoring more than two goals this weekend, let alone winning two games.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/10/05 01:14PM by calgARI '07.[/q]

I agree the discussions allow us to pass time....but as you say, that is why they play the game. Regarding last year and this year, I feel Cornell has gained experience and is much stronger than last, where as Clarkson lost leadership, is extremely young and undisciplined.

I just feel the Cornell/Clarkson games are usually played pretty tight cause the rivalry.

As Runyon said "The race is not always to the swiftest or strongest........but that is the way to bet.

My heart says on any given day any team can.........
My wallet says Cornell.

Posted by: Pace (209.2.88.---)
Date: March 10, 2005 03:49PM

Hey, don't knock my country! ;-) Besides, I know a lovely little restaurant in Vladivostok. It has a great view over the nuclear subs...

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 04:36PM

[Q]Drew Wrote:

As Runyon said "The race is not always to the swiftest or strongest........but that is the way to bet.

My heart says on any given day any team can.........
My wallet says Cornell.
[/q]
Only Cornell fans with very short memories think this weekend's games are sure things.

Date: March 10, 2005 04:52PM

Last year's team sucked at home and this year's team is just way better in every aspect. We're gonna smoke 'em. If Clarkson wins the series, I'll run naked through the Ag Quad dick swinging at 1:15 Tuesday afternoon. banana

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 05:46PM

I'll knock your country, Pace. :-D

If it weren't for the stupidity of the Russian visa process, I'd probably have gone to Vladivostok during one of my trips to Asia. Unfortunately, the pre-Soviet visa requirements make spontaneous trips somewhat difficult.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 05:48PM

Forgive him, oh powerful Woofing Gods. worry

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 05:52PM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:

Last year's team sucked at home and this year's team is just way better in every aspect. We're gonna smoke 'em. If Clarkson wins the series, I'll run naked through the Ag Quad dick swinging at 1:15 Tuesday afternoon. [/q]Mark your calendars: If Cornell loses, avoid Ag Quad on Tuesday.

Posted by: Pace (209.2.88.---)
Date: March 10, 2005 06:30PM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

I'll knock your country, Pace.

If it weren't for the stupidity of the Russian visa process, I'd probably have gone to Vladivostok during one of my trips to Asia. Unfortunately, the pre-Soviet visa requirements make spontaneous trips somewhat difficult.[/q]

"Pre-Soviet"? Exactly when were you trying to make this trip? Either you meant "post-Soviet" or I suspect that class of '82 in your name refers to 1882...

Date: March 10, 2005 06:48PM

[q]"Pre-Soviet"? Exactly when were you trying to make this trip? Either you meant "post-Soviet" or I suspect that class of '82 in your name refers to 1882...[/q]Jeff, inquiring minds want to know: Could Ezra skate?

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 07:53PM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:

Last year's team sucked at home and this year's team is just way better in every aspect. We're gonna smoke 'em. If Clarkson wins the series, I'll run naked through the Ag Quad dick swinging at 1:15 Tuesday afternoon. [/q]

According to weather.com ithaca high on tues 30 and low 20....there may be some running, but there wont be much swinging
;-)

...........the woofing gods are recalling the jingling keys after game one last year.....swinging dicks are making them stir again.

Date: March 11, 2005 01:05AM

hahahaha, alright alright I rescind the comment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login