Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Sea of red

Posted by mike 
Sea of red
Posted by: mike (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 10:09AM

Everybody where red this weekend. Spread the word.

Re: Sea of red
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2005 10:32AM

Where?

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 10:51AM

Not a problem.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:00AM

A Sun editorial would be nice. Anybody work for the paper?

A radio PSA and an Ithaca Journal editorial would be great, too. I'm sure there are other media available. What are the kids listening to today? ;-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2005 11:01AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: jmh43 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:03AM

they do this for a lot of college football games -- instead of a "white out" (everyone wears a white t-shirt) --- let's "red out" clarkson.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:42AM

This is from the Cornell Store's website:

RED FRIDAY THIS FRIDAY, MARCH 11

Take 20% off Cornell hockey clothing* & Cornell hockey items!
*excludes the Vermont Originals knit hockey hat

For Cornell groups the store also runs PSAs on the video walls. If someone (CHA? elynah?) has a graphic and tag line, the store would probably run it.

Date: March 08, 2005 12:06PM

Does the CHA have a e-mail list of some sort? Could word be distributed that way?

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:12PM

why not get athletics to pass out red towels or something too. i think that looks cool :)

Date: March 08, 2005 12:17PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Does the CHA have a e-mail list of some sort? Could word be distributed that way?[/q]

Sue Detzer may be able to help.

Posted by: kaaren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:19PM

I'll be wearing my RED Cornell jacket, RED Cornell scarf, RED Cornell jersey and red and white socks...and probably RED lipstick as well. <G> Think that's enough? :-D

Let's Go Red!!!

Date: March 08, 2005 12:28PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

Will Wrote:

Does the CHA have a e-mail list of some sort? Could word be distributed that way?[/Q]
Sue Detzer may be able to help.[/q]

Unless somebody else has already e-mailed her, I'll drop her an e-mail right now.

Friday's Ithaca Journal
Date: March 08, 2005 12:38PM

...might use a nice wrapper -- very appropriate for the Clarkson intros. They may distribute them before the game.

We'll see if they can pull it off -- time's a ticking... (I don't think, however, they'll be in Red.)

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 08, 2005 02:09PM

Maybe get the Sun to inlcude a red insert for the intros.

Posted by: strixvaria (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 02:33PM

facebook

Posted by: aznxjz (---.rover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 03:25PM

How come Cornell gives red shirts to the "RED ZONE" at basketball games, but nothing to the hockey fans?

Re: Friday's Ithaca Journal
Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 03:51PM

Tell them to mention the Sea of Red in Friday's edition of the paper so that the townie side will know.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 04:32PM

"There wolf!!"

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 08, 2005 04:32PM

This is the e-mail I sent to Sue Detzer:

[q]Ms. Detzer, my name is Will and I am an avid Cornell hockey fan. I
am currently trying to get in contact with as many hockey fans and season
ticketholders as possible. A few of us at the ELynah Forum are attempting
to get as many people as possible to "red out" Lynah for this weekend's
games against Clarkson. In other words, we would like every Cornell fan
to wear red to the games to show our support for the team. I was
wondering if it would be possible to e-mail the entire CHA and/or the
student season ticketholders to get the word out. Someone recommended
that I e-mail you to that end. Can you help me?[/q]

And the response I got:

[q]Hi Will,

I am forwarding your e-mail to Sonja Kelly (CHA President), Jeff Hall
(Sports Marketing), Gene Nighman (Ticket Office) and Eric Lawrence (Sports
Communications). I'm sure if any of them can spread the word, they will do so.

It's a great idea. Have you also thought about asking someone from The
Cornell Daily Sun to put something in the paper?

Sue[/q]

So, who's working on something for the Sun?

Posted by: mike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 05:14PM

Will thanks for doing that. It would be really cool to see that happen. Another idea is to call the radio station the brodcast's all the games and tell them to put an add out. Hopefully this will work. Its not the college students im worried about its the townies. I know we can get the word around on campus its just we need to figure out a way to get the news to the townies.

Posted by: Dart~Ben (66.240.10.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 05:16PM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:

Tell them to mention the Sea of Red in Friday's edition of the paper so that the townie side will know.[/q]

Call it a "red-out" if you like, but there is only one "Sea of Red" in the sporting world (i.e. a certain football stadium in Nebraska), just like there is only one place that can be called the Friendly Confines (a stadium on the north side of Chicago).

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 05:40PM

call it the "C of Red" as in C for Cornell

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 05:44PM

here's an idea... anyways we could get it anounced at the game on friday? that way it would be even better on saturday.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:55PM

[Q]aznxjz Wrote:

How come Cornell gives red shirts to the "RED ZONE" at basketball games, but nothing to the hockey fans? [/q]

Because they wanted students to show up to the basketball games...and it worked!

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:59PM

[q]Because they wanted students to show up to the basketball games...and it worked![/q]There's little reason to do much in the way of promotion for hockey games, because they're going to sell all of the tickets and have a mostly full house anyway. Now, if you can do something for free (publicity to get people to wear red) then that's a different story.

Posted by: Mike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 07:07PM

Good idea DPperk29. But we still really need to work on getting the word out for friday.

Posted by: gatitita '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 07:14PM

someone send a message to the Lynah Faithful group on thefacebook!

Date: March 08, 2005 07:20PM

I just put a request into the ithaca journal asking them to put something about this in their paper on friday. Id rccomend you guys do the same so they see its in high request. To do it go to IthacaJournal.com then go to customer service at the top then scroll down and find the place where it says you can write to them.

Date: March 08, 2005 07:37PM

[Q]gatitita '05 Wrote:

someone send a message to the Lynah Faithful group on thefacebook![/q]

Done.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 07:51PM

how would we go about getting that done? I agree that working on friday is very important, but I think we need to make sure that saturday is reder than an apple... gotta give those pansy techies something to have nightmares over till next year!

Posted by: Andy (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:11PM

The facebook group message isn't very attention grabbing, we need capital letters and exclamation points man!

Posted by: aznxjz (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:58PM

though annoying, you could probably email a short message about wearing red this friday to your friends, and ask them to spread it to ppl that they know about hockey tickets...kind of like an email chain...

Posted by: The Rancor (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 12:24AM

you know, most 'townies' have had season tickets a lot longer than students. plus, more than a few are in fact cornell alumni. as much as i want to see the 80 year old man who used to watch the cornell big red when they skated at beebee lake to start a few harvard sucks cheers, i just dont think it would be the same. (and i doubt that he has it in him!) the townies will get the word, they are better connected than one would imagine.
rant.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 12:29AM

if you do it friday, it will be better on saturday. the same 4000 people are going both Knights (pun intended),you can do the C of Red twice. but never again, unless its for the first home playoff series and not other times. too much of a good thing can be bad. like the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cheer... i wish it would go away.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 12:37AM

[Q]aznxjz Wrote:
though annoying, you could probably email a short message about wearing red this friday to your friends, and ask them to spread it to ppl that they know about hockey tickets...kind of like an email chain...[/q]While you're at it, tell them to send you a dollar! :-P

No, but seriously, an email chain is a good idea.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 01:53PM

[Q]The Rancor Wrote:

you know, most 'townies' have had season tickets a lot longer than students. plus, more than a few are in fact cornell alumni. as much as i want to see the 80 year old man who used to watch the cornell big red when they skated at beebee lake to start a few harvard sucks cheers, i just dont think it would be the same. (and i doubt that he has it in him!) the townies will get the word, they are better connected than one would imagine.
rant.[/q]
And some of us always wear red.:-)

Re: C of red
Date: March 09, 2005 03:06PM

Hey guys so whats the latest. Has anybody been able to contact the Ithaca Journal or the Cornell Daily Sun?? Let me know. If you want you can EMAIL me at cornellhockey218@aol.com. Lets get the C of red to work and help our team win.

Date: March 09, 2005 03:12PM

Hey guys if you wanted to call the Ithaca Journal and put in a request for an aritcule in fridays paper about the "C of red" call 272-2321. Let me know if anybody gets ahold of them and let me know what they said.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 03:35PM

Silly question, Mike: If you have the phone number, and it was your idea in the first place, and you really want to see it happen, why aren't you calling the Ithaca Journal to get an article - excuse me, "aritcule" - printed about it?

Or are you just hoping the volume of requests will be what does it?

Frankly, I'm not sure how they could view it as "news." Maybe a letter or two to the editor could get published, or a sports columnist could be convinced to mention the effort, but that's about as far as I imagine they'd take it.

It's too late for this week's deadline, but did anybody think to call the Ithaca Times?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 09, 2005 04:14PM

The IJ will have a preview of the game/series in Friday's edition, and I can see them mentioning in passing the effort in the article.

Date: March 09, 2005 04:44PM

Beej I did call and they said they would have to check. I gave them my number and they said they would call back. Its the volume of requests im trying to get at.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 05:26PM

Well, wanting to do my part I just called the "Ithaca Journal." I spoke to Chris Feaver, who is going to be writing the article previewing the Cornell-Clarkson series this weekend. I asked him if he had heard about the attempt to get everyone at Lynah to wear red this weekend, and he said he had heard something about it. I said that I thought it would be great if he could add a line or two to his piece, mentioning the effort. In an attempt to give a little more credibility to the whole thing I mentioned Sue Detzer's name, and told him that she had forwarded some information on this to people she thought might be able to help spread the word. Chris said he would ask Sue about it, so I expect we will get our one or two lines in the "Ithaca Journal."

Having done my part as a townie, how about one of the students here with connections to "Cornell Daily Sun" staffers picking up that ball?
Andy W.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2005 02:16PM by andyw2100.

Posted by: REDhead (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 05:44PM

This morning I talked to Debbie Miller, who does the "Briefly in Tompkins" column. She said just to email over the "who, what, when & where"; she would send it over to the sports editor & they would see where best to put it. (there is a column in the sports pages, don't remember what it's called, but have seen hockey ticket announcements and the like there).
I was going to post here & have one of you many scribes send the info, then just figured more quickly done just by doing it....so sent if off around noon. I used the "Red Out" phrase that Will used in his email to Sue Detzer (altho "C of Red" seems to be gaining more currency as the day progresses....) and hope that's OK.
Will follow up with Debbie tomorrow & see what's happening with the notice.

On a related note, how about a few flyers taped to the doors at the rink on Friday?...best to get an OK from Sue, probably...she's at sld6@cornell.edu.

Posted by: Andy (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 05:48PM

I sent an e-mail to the sports department of the Daily Sun detailing the idea. I'll let you all know if there's any response.

Date: March 09, 2005 08:15PM

Sounds good guys. I did receive a call back from the Ithaca Journal and they said they have spoke with another person about it and said that they would have to check with Sue. So it sounds good. Looks like its going to happen.

Date: March 09, 2005 09:17PM

this should be cool, folks. btw, anyone know anyone with tickets to get rid of for saturday. let me know :)

hmmm, btw, wont the team be wearing white? should it be a c of white? nut

Date: March 09, 2005 10:01PM

No for two reasons were the cornell big RED. and two it could be a distraction. Alittle far fetched but the guys need to be able to pick out white jerseys to pass to. I dont want this to be a distraction to the players i want this to help them. and hey red loos cool.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 11:15PM

There's still a possibility of a Friday wrapper or insert in the IJ. As I understand it they wanted to sell a little advertising space on the bottom and were told no by the ECAC. Why they would have contacted the ECAC, unless they wanted to use its logo, is beyond me.

A simple Let's Go Red wrapper would probably do the trick. After all, if we're going to the game, let's go red.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 11:17PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:
if we're going to the game, let's go red.[/q]

That's so simple it's brilliant.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 01:40AM

As long as they're not green, I think we'll be alright.

Date: March 10, 2005 07:17AM

AndyW2100 have you heard anymore back about the articule in the paper? If you havent try and call today( since youve already talked to the guy) and just say hey so whats the latest or somethen. Let me know.

Date: March 10, 2005 07:52AM

Will's email to Sue Detzer about the wearing of the RED has been sent to all CHA members as "Show Your Big Red Spirit!"

Date: March 10, 2005 07:55AM

[Q]REDhead Wrote:

Will's email to Sue Detzer about the wearing of the RED has been sent to all CHA members as "Show Your Big Red Spirit!"
[/q]

Woohoo! Progress!

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: March 10, 2005 09:37AM

[Q]Dart~Ben Wrote:

mjh89 Wrote:

Tell them to mention the Sea of Red in Friday's edition of the paper so that the townie side will know.[/Q]
Call it a "red-out" if you like, but there is only one "Sea of Red" in the sporting world (i.e. a certain football stadium in Nebraska), just like there is only one place that can be called the Friendly Confines (a stadium on the north side of Chicago).[/q]

Yes, and there is only one "Big Red," regardless of what my in-laws in Nebraska claim.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 10:00AM

Dart~Ben Wrote:

mjh89 Wrote:

Tell them to mention the Sea of Red in Friday's edition of the paper so that the townie side will know.[/Q]
Call it a "red-out" if you like, but there is only one "Sea of Red" in the sporting world (i.e. a certain football stadium in Nebraska), just like there is only one place that can be called the Friendly Confines (a stadium on the north side of Chicago).[/Q]I guess some from the midwest have never travelled north as far as Wisconsin.rolleyes For anyone who was at a certain NCAA game in the 70's, Wis is red.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 12:11PM

[Q]No for two reasons were the cornell big RED. and two it could be a distraction. Alittle far fetched but the guys need to be able to pick out white jerseys to pass to. I dont want this to be a distraction to the players i want this to help them. and hey red loos cool.[/q]So that's why I got hit with a puck that time! I must've been wearing white. Need to remember that...
:-P

Date: March 10, 2005 12:26PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

ithacat Wrote:
if we're going to the game, let's go red.[/Q]
That's so simple it's brilliant.
[/q]

Actually, I got that from my friend, Forest...

Date: March 10, 2005 02:12PM

[Q]Mike Wrote:

AndyW2100 have you heard anymore back about the articule in the paper? If you havent try and call today( since youve already talked to the guy) and just say hey so whats the latest or somethen. Let me know.[/q]

I don't think it would be appropriate, or in our best interest, to bother this guy again with a phone call. He had heard about the movement before I spoke with him, and I suggested that he add a line or two to his article about it. He seemed amenable to it, provided he could confirm with Sue Detzer that it was OK. I can't imagine Sue would have done anything to dissuade him from writing about it.

What I will do, provided I can find an appropriate e-mail address, is forward him a copy of the message I received this morning that was sent to all Cornell Hockey Association Members. That should help with the credibility issue. If I receive any e-mail in response I will post here.
Andy W.

Date: March 10, 2005 02:23PM

I just sent the message below to Chris Feaver (not Theaver, as I wrote yesterday) of the "Ithaca Journal." I don't expect a reply, as no reply is necessary, but if I get one I will let people here know about it.
Andy W.

---
Thanks for taking the time to speak with me yesterday, Chris. I have forwarded (below) a message I received from the Cornell Hockey Association earlier today, asking fans to wear red at Lynah this weekend to show their support for the team. I hope that the fact that the Cornell Hockey Association is supporting this effort gives it enough credibility that you'll be able to help spread the word too, through your article in tomorrow's paper. The contact information for the person taking the lead in this, Will Devine, is included in the message from the CHA.

Thanks again for your help.
Andy W.

Cornell Hockey Association wrote:
>
> The following is a message from a student who is trying to color coordinate
> the Lynah Faithful for the games this weekend...
>
> My name is Will Devine and I am an avid Cornell hockey fan. I am currently
> trying to get in contact with as many hockey fans and season ticket holders
> as possible. A few of us at the ELynah Forum are attempting to get as many
> people as possible to "red out" Lynah for this weekend's games against
> Clarkson. In other words, we would like every Cornell fan to wear red to
> the games to show our support for the team. Please let your friends know!
>
> Sincerely,
> Will Devine
>
> Any questions, please email Will directly: wcd5@cornell.edu
>
> Let's go Red!
---

Date: March 10, 2005 02:33PM

I'm taking the lead? Um, okay. :-D

Date: March 10, 2005 02:46PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

I'm taking the lead? Um, okay.[/q]

Whoops! When I wrote that I somehow confused the fact that Will and Mike were two different people. (Those one syllable first names throw me all the time.)

I didn't mean to slight you Mike. Sorry.
Andy W.

Date: March 10, 2005 03:51PM

Just heard by email from Chris Feaver and he is including the "C of Red" in the Ithaca Journal hockey preview tomorrow.
LGR!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2005 03:53PM by REDhead.

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 05:28PM

[Q]andyw2100 Wrote:> Any questions, please email Will directly: wcd5@cornell.edu[/q]Better not let Voloninno see that...

Date: March 10, 2005 05:46PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

andyw2100 Wrote:> Any questions, please email Will directly: wcd5@cornell.edu[/Q]
Better not let Voloninno see that...[/q]

Shhh...;-)

Date: March 10, 2005 06:24PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

No for two reasons were the cornell big RED. and two it could be a distraction. Alittle far fetched but the guys need to be able to pick out white jerseys to pass to. I dont want this to be a distraction to the players i want this to help them. and hey red loos cool.[/Q]
So that's why I got hit with a puck that time! I must've been wearing white. Need to remember that...
[/q]

same here! except i got hit by an opposing player making a bad pass ;) actually it was a clearing attempt.

C of red
Date: March 10, 2005 07:43PM

Hey will did you get any replies from anybody on the email you sent out.

Less than a day till we kick clarkson ass!!

Date: March 10, 2005 07:51PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

andyw2100 Wrote:> Any questions, please email Will directly: wcd5@cornell.edu[/Q]
Better not let Voloninno see that...[/q]

Who's Voloninno?

And just in case I really do need to worry about this Voloninno character, some more accurate quote attribution is in order. The quote above was an excerpt from a letter sent to the CHA. It was the author of that letter that wrote "Any questions, please email Will directly: wcd5@cornell.edu", not me.

The proof is earlier in this thread. Really. It is. I'm innocent I tell you. Innocent!
Andy W.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 07:57PM

let's just say you should just edit out the email address and save him the opportunity to be the owner of many many hundreds of pornographic website solicitations

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 08:05PM

[Q]Mike Wrote:

Hey will did you get any replies from anybody on the email you sent out.

Less than a day till we kick clarkson ass!![/q]

jingle your keys while you say it..................c'mon woofing gods.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2005 08:18PM by Drew.

Date: March 10, 2005 08:11PM

Drew I dont get what you just said at all.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 08:21PM

[Q]Mike Wrote:

Drew I dont get what you just said at all.[/q]

Let me clarify....after game one last year Lynah was jingling the car keys when Cornell was whooping us 5-1...many on this site thought the jingling of car keys after game one was a little premature........the woofing gods did as well.

Date: March 10, 2005 08:22PM

i assume people saw this, probably on the daily sun page or actually in the paper but i saw it on my yahoo page

[sports.yahoo.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 10, 2005 09:08PM

[Q]Drew Wrote:

Mike Wrote:

Drew I dont get what you just said at all.[/Q]
Let me clarify....after game one last year Lynah was jingling the car keys when Cornell was whooping us 5-1...many on this site thought the jingling of car keys after game one was a little premature........the woofing gods did as well.
[/q]

Actually, the real problem was the people who started jingling them when we were up 5-0. So then, of course, Clarkson scored with only a few minutes left. Idiots. That's why a shutout clause needs to be added to the keys rule.

C of Red
Date: March 11, 2005 07:21AM

We got our peice in the Ithaca Journal.

Ithaca Journal: "Cornell fans attending this weekend's games are urged to wear red to Lynah this weekend. The Cornell Hockey Association is calling this effort, the "C of Red," in an effort to create extra enthusiasm and support at the games "

Re: C of Red
Date: March 11, 2005 09:30AM

[Q]Mike Wrote:

We got our peice in the Ithaca Journal.

Ithaca Journal: "Cornell fans attending this weekend's games are urged to wear red to Lynah this weekend. The Cornell Hockey Association is calling this effort, the "C of Red," in an effort to create extra enthusiasm and support at the games "[/q]

There's also a reminder note in the inset box for that article. Sadly, however, the Journal chose not to do a wrapper for the paper, unless they're saving it for Saturday's edition.

Re: C of Red
Posted by: Pace (209.2.88.---)
Date: March 11, 2005 09:40AM

Good job everyone. Now to see if the Sun will mention it too.

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.net.nih.gov)
Date: March 11, 2005 11:50AM

[Q]andyw2100 Wrote:

Who's Voloninno?
[/q]

The links to the now infamous articles are in this thread:
[elf.elynah.com]

Classic! :-D

Date: March 11, 2005 10:26PM

So how was the C of Red? Couldn't get a sense of it from the XMI broadcast.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Ken71 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2005 10:35PM

More Red than usual, but not enough!

Beeeej - we need YOU there in RED as well.

Ken '71

Date: March 11, 2005 10:39PM

Wish I could've been there, believe me. The tickets are still sitting on the dining room table, and it's only because Gene Nighman at the Ticket Office is a good guy that I was able to get them reissued at the last minute and left at Will Call, or else they'd have gone to waste.

If there's any justice in the world, I'll be wearing red in Albany watching the Big Red.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Good idea
Date: March 11, 2005 11:23PM

Keep up the momentum. Lynah looked more Red but still has a long way to go.

The crowd was incredible. Some of Clarkson's fans were a bit obnoxious & one had this god-awful horn. I feel a bit bad for Clarkson fans, however, but I promised myself I wouldn't talk about a certain Roll model.

Date: March 12, 2005 12:06AM

What the hell did the Clarkson idiots have that was making a sound almost like violins? It was coming from the general viciinity of their band. I couldn't figure out what the hell it was. Now I'm wondering if that was the horn ithacat refers to above.
Andy W.

Date: March 12, 2005 12:11AM

it was one of those plastic horns they give out at buffalo bills games. its actually four horns in one which is why it sounds so terrible. The Sea of Red was alright but didn't quite match Calgary last year. I suspect we'd have to give out Shirts for that to happen, and Cornell is so cheap that that would never happen.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 12:17AM

Yeah, definitely didn't come close to Calgary last year, but certainly a noticable difference. I feel like the amount of red that was there tonight should be what there is every game. For the playoffs, it should be totally red. Sort of weird that there isn't a very high amount of red for most games. Never really thought about it until tonight when there was a decent amount of it.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2005 12:21AM

I have to say, if I were in Ithaca this weekend there would have been one more white jersey in Section C. And as I've mentioned Judy is not allowed to wear red to Cornell games.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jy3 (161.136.210.---)
Date: March 12, 2005 12:59AM

gonna be wearing my RED nieuwy jersey tomorrow. got tix! just hope they make it by overnight before we have to leave :) ok back to work!
LGR!

Date: March 12, 2005 09:40AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

I have to say, if I were in Ithaca this weekend there would have been one more white jersey in Section C. And as I've mentioned Judy is not allowed to wear red to Cornell games.[/q]

As long as it's a jersey, I think most would find it an acceptanable alternative to wearing Red. Not that it matters to you:-)

Date: March 12, 2005 09:43AM

[Q]mjh89 Wrote:

it was one of those plastic horns they give out at buffalo bills games. its actually four horns in one which is why it sounds so terrible. The Sea of Red was alright but didn't quite match Calgary last year. I suspect we'd have to give out Shirts for that to happen, and Cornell is so cheap that that would never happen.[/q]

So that's what it was. It really is one awful sounding piece of ****.

I think it'd be pretty easy to give away shirts. Athletics would simply have to co-op the back.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 01:42PM

They also had one of those spinning noisemakers and something that resembled an oversized duck call. Either way, all annoying and all relatively useless, if you ask me.

Posted by: jlewis (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2005 02:44PM

uscho article:

Focus, Special Teams Carry Cornell To Game 1 Win
McKee Eclipses Dryden's Shutout Record
by Avash Kalra/USCHO Arena Reporter
ITHACA, N.Y. — Friday night in front of a raucous "sea of red" sellout crowd at Lynah Rink, No. 3 Cornell scored five goals, all on special teams, en route to a dominating 5-0 victory over Clarkson in Game 1 of their ECACHL quarterfinal series.

hehe, nice to see people noticed

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 03:03PM

well, as the writer is a fan who posts on the forum regularly

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2005 04:04PM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

well, as the writer is a fan who posts on the forum regularly[/q]

Sporadically, these days ;-)

Also, there could be two Cornell students named Avash...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login