Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Crowd at lynah this weekend

Posted by Mike 
Crowd at lynah this weekend
Posted by: Mike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 09:10PM

I dont know what kind of a crowd to expect this weekend. An electric atmoshpere like we had against havard and colgate this year or the crowd that shows up but doesnt make much noise. I think we have to try and get an electric atmosphere possible. Make it like a harvard atmosphere. Make shure there is no way that clarkson is going to to come into Lynah rink, the best crowd in the nation, and pull the upset like they did last year.

Re: Crowd at lynah this weekend
Posted by: Masiello (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 09:50PM

I like Ari's red shirt idea:-}

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 09:55PM

We could make "Traylen eats babies" and "Latulippe has syphilis" signs. :-D

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.graham.clarkson.edu)
Date: March 07, 2005 10:02PM

Hey, come on... at least be more creative than that. If Nickerson has syphilis, make it Latulippe has chlamydia or something.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.yw.yu.edu)
Date: March 07, 2005 10:04PM

Will, I'll pay for your posterboard if you make a sign that says "daredevilcu has chlamydia" and it's visible in the online video broadcast. B-]

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 10:06PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

Hey, come on... at least be more creative than that. If Nickerson has syphilis, make it Latulippe has chlamydia or something.[/q]

When we need help being creative from a Clarkson fan we'll let you know. (Don't hold your breath.)
Andy W.

Posted by: Brett Gobe (---.spr.choiceone.net)
Date: March 07, 2005 10:06PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

Will, I'll pay for your posterboard if you make a sign that says "daredevilcu has chlamydia" and it's visible in the online video broadcast. [/q]

I'll make that sign, and I know him. And I'll do it for free. :-D

Date: March 07, 2005 10:07PM

Even better. Sorry Will, the offer is rescinded. :-P

Re: Signs at lynah this weekend
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 10:45PM

Which of these is best for my sign this weekend?

Clarkson: Rensselaer Rejects
Clarkson: Couldn't Get Into St. Lawrence?
Clarkson: Damn I wish I'd gotten into SUNY Potsdam

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 10:45PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

Hey, come on... at least be more creative than that. If Nickerson has syphilis, make it Latulippe has chlamydia or something.[/q]

Oh come on, you know as well as I do that Laulippe, having "played" with Nickerson probably did contract his other diseases, but most definitely contracted the highly potent strain of syphilis infesting that goon.

Date: March 07, 2005 10:59PM

If I see that sign at Lynah I will personally go over and shake the hand of whoever's holding it and introduce myself.

Date: March 07, 2005 11:00PM

Well, quite obviously the only one that would make any sense at all would be the RPI Rejects -- but I was accepted there.

Date: March 07, 2005 11:03PM

Well, since you apparently only know of one VD that the hockey players could've contracted (syphilis) then it seems you either need a new disease or you skipped your 6th grade sex ed classes. BCrespi does make a fair point about them "playing together" but still... come on. You guys can do better than that.

Date: March 07, 2005 11:05PM

How would you feel about a sign that said 'Jefferson Community College Rejects'? Oh wait, I don't care.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 07, 2005 11:07PM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:

Which of these is best for my sign this weekend?

Clarkson: Rensselaer Rejects
Clarkson: Couldn't Get Into St. Lawrence?
Clarkson: Damn I wish I'd gotten into SUNY Potsdam[/q]

Sure that last one shouldn't have read SUNY Ithaca?
:-D

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 11:20PM

"Latulippe has genital warts" ... just doesn't have the same ring to it

Date: March 07, 2005 11:53PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

"Latulippe has genital warts" ... just doesn't have the same ring to it[/q]

How about "Latulippe's mom has genital warts"? :-D

Date: March 07, 2005 11:56PM

i'm sure she'd love to see that from across the rink :-O

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:19AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

ben03 Wrote:

"Latulippe has genital warts" ... just doesn't have the same ring to it[/Q]
How about "Latulippe's mom has genital warts"?[/q]

Nonono.

"I gave Latulippe's mom genital warts"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2005 12:26AM by jeh25.

Posted by: puff (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:24AM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

Will Wrote:

ben03 Wrote:

How about "Latulippe's mom has genital warts"?[/Q]
Nonono.

"I gave Latulippe's mom has genital warts"[/q]

Still not completely right...

"Nickerson gave Latulippe's mom genital warts"

Date: March 08, 2005 12:30AM

and "daredevilcu has chlamydia"

Date: March 08, 2005 12:30AM

[Q]puff Wrote:

jeh25 Wrote:

Will Wrote:

ben03 Wrote:

How about "Latulippe's mom has genital warts"?[/Q]
Nonono.

"I gave Latulippe's mom has genital warts"[/Q]
Still not completely right...

"Nickerson gave Latulippe's mom genital warts"[/q]

Perhaps..."Nickerson's mom gave Latulippe's mom genital warts"? Is that even physically possible?

Date: March 08, 2005 01:05AM

I really want to see that sign at Lynah. Mostly because it would be hilarious, partly because I think collegehumor would consider it extremely tool-ish to pick on someone's screen name who you don't even know.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 01:05AM

How about old-timey self-referentiality:

"YOUR KNIGHTS ARE AW... FUL!"

Ah, the old Roundtable... good times.

Posted by: Steve M (4.29.49.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 01:39AM

I can guarantee that it will be extremely loud near me. :-D I'm returning to Lynah for the first time in almost 2 decades, so my lungs and vocal chords are well rested and ready to give Clarkson hell. :-)

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 09:04AM

How about a nice steady chant of "Latulippe is a pansy."

Posted by: KP '06 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 10:03AM

[Q]DisplacedCornellian Wrote:

How about a nice steady chant of "Latulippe is a pansy."[/q]

laugh Nice.

Students need to show up early
Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:53AM

and get the place Red and rockin'. The townies take their cues from you. help

Re: Students need to show up early
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2005 01:08PM

Student playoff attendance has been terrible the last few years. Now that they've included playoff tickets with season tickets for students, hopefully it will be better, or at least as good as a regular season game. Compared to big chunks of empty seats the last few years, I'll even take regular-season levels.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 01:26PM

[q]Student playoff attendance has been terrible the last few years. Now that they've included playoff tickets with season tickets for students, hopefully it will be better, or at least as good as a regular season game. Compared to big chunks of empty seats the last few years, I'll even take regular-season levels.[/q]As good as an RS game? That's a funny statement considering that Lynah has officially been sold out all season. I know what you mean though.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 01:57PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Student playoff attendance has been terrible the last few years. Now that they've included playoff tickets with season tickets for students, hopefully it will be better, or at least as good as a regular season game. Compared to big chunks of empty seats the last few years, I'll even take regular-season levels.[/Q]
As good as an RS game? That's a funny statement considering that Lynah has officially been sold out all season. I know what you mean though.[/q]

These games have been officially sold out since last week (I think they announced the sell out last Monday or Tuesday). So, how do we get the students who typically show up after the national anthem and introductions to be in their seats before 7:00? The students are such a powerful force of nature it's a shame when they're late.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 03:35PM

note to the RPI reject above me

There is no SUNY ithaca... sorry... get your insults straight

Posted by: Drew (199.43.48.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 03:46PM

[Q]Dpperk29 Wrote:

note to the RPI reject above me

There is no SUNY ithaca... sorry... get your insults straight[/q]

Yes, Dear Sir, They call it Cornell. :-O

Date: March 08, 2005 04:21PM

I have heard that 5 of Cornell's 9 schools are accredited SUNY. I don't know how true that is, but that's where the comment comes from.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.rtp.epa.gov)
Date: March 08, 2005 04:49PM

9 schools? Cornell has certainly expanded a lot since I graduated 2 years ago!

Date: March 08, 2005 05:00PM

3 of Cornell's 7 undergraduate schools/colleges, and 1 of the 6 graduate schools are partially state supported, as Cornell is NYS's land grant university.

Posted by: Brett Gobe (---.spr.choiceone.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 05:06PM

So youre saing Cornell is going to join the Big 10 Hockey Conference? :-P

Date: March 08, 2005 05:20PM

Like I said... no idea how true that is. Schools meaning school of agricultural sciences, school of veterinary medicine, school of engineering... etc.

Posted by: abmarks (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 05:39PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:

Student playoff attendance has been terrible the last few years. Now that they've included playoff tickets with season tickets for students, hopefully it will be better, or at least as good as a regular season game. Compared to big chunks of empty seats the last few years, I'll even take regular-season levels.[/Q]
As good as an RS game? That's a funny statement considering that Lynah has officially been sold out all season. I know what you mean though.[/Q]
These games have been officially sold out since last week (I think they announced the sell out last Monday or Tuesday). So, how do we get the students who typically show up after the national anthem and introductions to be in their seats before 7:00? The students are such a powerful force of nature it's a shame when they're late.[/q]

Good luck- won't ever happen unless you've got students that don't like to drink. Evidently gettting hammered before a game (and during) is more fun than catching the game. I'm notjust singling out Ithaca either, it seems to happen at a lot of schools.

Date: March 08, 2005 05:47PM

[q]Good luck- won't ever happen unless you've got students that don't like to drink. Evidently gettting hammered before a game (and during) is more fun than catching the game. I'm notjust singling out Ithaca either, it seems to happen at a lot of schools. [/q]So I guess the joy of drinking was discovered in Ithaca sometime recently? When I first started attending games (early 90s) the rink was a heck of a lot more fulll at gametime than it is now and by all accounts it was packed for warmups in olden times.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:17PM

Did the games start at 7:00 or 8:00 then? I wouldn't be surprised if the stands were more full at gametime if the starting time was later. I still don't see why it's hard to get to a 7:00 game on time even if you do want to drink beforehand.

Date: March 08, 2005 06:21PM

Hey, I think I found out how Nickerson got syphillis.

[www.wired.com]

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:53PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

Like I said... no idea how true that is. Schools meaning school of agricultural sciences, school of veterinary medicine, school of engineering... etc.[/q]
I know the insult and I know what it means, so have your fun. But just to throw some facts in, yes, 3 of the 7 undergrad schools are partially state supported - i.e. state residents get lower tuition due to some state funding. Those are Agriculture, Human Ecology, and Industrial and Labor Relations. Engineering, Arts & Sciences, Hotel Management, and Architecture, Art, & Planning are completely private.

I don't know about the grad schools, but I'll take Ben's word for it. The 6 are Law, Business, Vet, Medicine (in NYC), and um - what would the other two be now? There's the general 'Graduate School' which handles all the grad programs (in some ways) for the undergraduate schools. Is Hotel grad seperate?

As far as 'accredited SUNY', I don't think that phrase even makes any sense, does it? That's like saying a car is 'accredited Nissan'. Either its a Nissan or its not - it may be made by a partner or a subsidiary of Nissan, but that doens't make it 'accredited Nissan'.

Anyway, back to your good-natured, intentionally immature ribbing :)

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 08:32PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

[/q]

Those CORNHOLE UNIVERSITY boys impersonating themselves as girls again?

Date: March 08, 2005 08:32PM

It wasn't even me doing the ribbing... I was just speculating on why that was claimed since I didn't actually know.

Date: March 08, 2005 08:36PM

[Q]Drew Wrote:

jmh30 Wrote:

[/Q]
Those CORNHOLE UNIVERSITY boys impersonating themselves as girls again?[/q]

No, just your mom attempting to impersonate a female. :-P

Posted by: The K-Gun (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 09:30PM

Delta,

I'm pretty sure they count the Medical Research Center in NYC as a grad school in addition to the Med College, so add that to vet, law, JGSM, and Grad School for 6

Pretty soon, I'm sure they'll start talking more about the Med College in Doha, Qatar and the Bridging the Rift Center that Stanford and us are involved in in Jordan I believe

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 10:04PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

I have heard that 5 of Cornell's 9 schools are accredited SUNY. I don't know how true that is, but that's where the comment comes from.[/q]

You heard wrong. I have 2 Cornell degrees: one from the Ag school and one from the grad school. Neither says SUNY anywhere on it, and both say Cornell.

In 1862, the Morrill Act granted each state 30,000 acres of public land for each Senator and Representative (based on the 1860 census). Cash raised by selling this land was to be invested in an endowment to provide support for colleges of agriculture and mechanical arts in each state.

Cornell is the home of NY's Morrill Land Grant Colleges, with two notable exceptions: the NYS School of Forestry (at Syracuse University) and the NYS College of Ceramics (at Alfred University).

In 1948, the SUNY system was created. The School of Forestry was integrated into the SUNY system and is known today as SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY ESF). However, it is *not* part of Syracuse. In contrast, the College of Ceramics at Alfred and Cornell's 3 undergraduate statutory colleges (Ag, HumEc, ILR) are in fact controlled and run by their respective host institutions.

The confusion arises because of a lack of understanding of what the term statutory college means.

Anyway, today, Cornell has 7 undergrad colleges - 4 are 'endowed' (A&S, Hotel, Eng, AAP) while the other 3 are 'statutory' (Ag, HumEc, ILR). As a student in a statutory college, you are technically limited to a maximum of 55 credits (out of 120) in the endowed college but frankly I never knew anybody that got close to the limit. The one exception I knew of is Ag&Bio Engineering; you paid 3 years of Ag tuition and 1 year of Eng tuition.

Cornell Endowed tuition is $30,000.
Cornell Statutory tuition is $15,870/$28,400 (in state/ out of state).
SUNY tuition is $4,350.

In short, Cornell gets money from the state but isn't a SUNY.

(Here is the specific NYS code that establishes the statutory colleges at Cornell.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2005 10:11PM by jeh25.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 10:29PM

Unfortunately, I'm closer than I'd like to be to that endowed credit limit. It's not as impossible as it sounds, especially when they count the classes they make you take (Chemistry, Physics, Math, etc.), that you don't want to take anyway, against you. In some cases (re: mine) one might take some stupid elective courses that end up costing him or her down the road. Oh well. With most upper-level courses coming from a student's major it isn't usually a big deal, but it can happen.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.housing.hawaii.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:05PM

isn't latulippe french for "the clap" anyway?? ;-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:12PM

[Q]oceanst41 Wrote:

isn't latulippe french for "the clap" anyway?? [/q]

Chlamydia is not a flower!

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: The Rancor (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 12:34AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

oceanst41 Wrote:

isn't latulippe french for "the clap" anyway?? [/Q]
Chlamydia is not a flower![/q]

latulippe has the clap clap, clap clap clap

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 01:03PM

Wouldn't the proper sign be "Latulippe is a Pansyye" nut

Date: March 09, 2005 01:24PM

I guess John's explanation (and Wilkpedia, insofar as one can ever trust it) answers my recurring question about First Amendment limitations on Cornell. It would seem that Cornell is a completely private institution, regardless of the statutory funding, and therefore not bound by the First Amendment limitations of government actions in the way that SUNY would be. Cornell is, of course, subject to any statutory restrictions.

Posted by: ugarte (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 01:41PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

I guess John's explanation (and Wilkpedia, insofar as one can ever trust it) answers my recurring question about First Amendment limitations on Cornell. It would seem that Cornell is a completely private institution, regardless of the statutory funding, and therefore not bound by the First Amendment limitations of government actions in the way that SUNY would be. Cornell is, of course, subject to any statutory restrictions.[/q]Not totally unbound. Even private schools receive money from the gummint (either directly or through federal loans to students) and they are required to follow certain rules to be eligible for the money. (Just ask Bob Jones University.)

Date: March 09, 2005 02:02PM

[q]Not totally unbound. Even private schools receive money from the gummint (either directly or through federal loans to students) and they are required to follow certain rules to be eligible for the money. (Just ask Bob Jones University.)[/q]Certainly, but those rules are statutory in origin. Congress could pass a law outlawing speech codes at any college or university receiving federal funding and Cornell would be bound by that rule. But a student couldn't sue a private university on the grounds that a speech code violated his constitutional rights (or wouldn't win, anyway). A student at a public university could do so .

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 09, 2005 02:22PM

Not to burst your bubble, but he's from Saratoga Springs.

Posted by: puff (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 09:19PM

I ran into the problem of not having the min number of ag credits, not having too many endowed. Going into second semester senior year i needed something like 9 credits 7 from ag.

Posted by: sbflat (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 11, 2005 01:15AM

I'm travelling all the way from California to Ithaca for this one. And I was there in 1970. Time for the crowd to help win it all...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login