Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Games on TV

Posted by Gjk23 
Games on TV
Posted by: Gjk23 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 04, 2005 01:12PM

It appears according to the NCAA Composite that only the ECAC Championship will be televised. So no QF games at Lynah, nor the Semis. Is this right?

Re: Games on TV
Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 04, 2005 01:18PM

According to the CSTV website, semi-final 2 will be live, semi-final 1 will be tape delayed the next morning.

[cstv.collegesports.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 04, 2005 02:01PM

[Q]Pete Godenschwager Wrote:

According to the CSTV website, semi-final 2 will be live, semi-final 1 will be tape delayed the next morning.

[/q]

So whom do we lobby to get the first semi shown live?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dialup.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 04:52PM

CSTV has a URL for providing feedback. This seems like a good place for our lobbying efforts.

[www.collegesports.com]

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 09:02PM

i think a starting point would be time warner in ithaca, but they wont care until CU gets out of the first round.. Cu athletics could put it on the internet since it wouldnt conflict wirh most people.. the main place to complain to is the ECAC themselves.. why arnt they marketing the product better...

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 09:09PM

Those are all fine long term, but if you wanted a quick solution for the tournament in two weeks, you really have to go straight to the network.

The ECAC is doing a much better job getting TV time now that they have their own HL.

And Time Warner cable in Ithaca doesn't help about 70% or 80% of people on this board. Besides, if you're in Ithaca, get your ass up to Albany, as I will be coming from Boston (assuming Cornell makes it)

Posted by: adamw (---.ip.e-nt.net)
Date: March 05, 2005 12:39AM

The game will be on Time Warner in Ithaca, as far as I know. Not sure if that's dependent on Cornell being on or not. Stay tuned.

Posted by: KenP (---.tu.ok.cox.net)
Date: March 05, 2005 08:21AM

I'll be at work that weekend. Will there be any free internet audio from Albany? How about video? Do I need to sign up for the Cornell ripoff college sports pass?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 05, 2005 08:40AM

[Q]KenP Wrote:

I'll be at work that weekend. Will there be any free internet audio from Albany? How about video? Do I need to sign up for the Cornell ripoff college sports pass?
[/q]

It probably depends who the opponent is.

Posted by: CornellChris (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 04:31PM

If it's on Time Warner in Ithaca, does that mean there'd be a good chance it would also be on the Time Warner Channel 26 in Syracuse? They've shown a few Cornell games the last couple years, but now that I think about it, most of those have been against Clarkson. Is the Syracuse affiliate more interested in Clarkson than Cornell, or is it just coincidence that the games have all been against Clarkson?

-Chris '03

Date: March 06, 2005 04:34PM

I should also mention that I just called and got CSTV added to my cable package (an extra $4.95 a month) so I can watch whatever they choose to show. It remains to be seen if it'll be worth my $5/month after hockey season ends. Anyone know if CSTV will be showing any Cornell lacrosse or baseball games?

-Chris '03

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 04:40PM

[Q]CornellChris Wrote: If it's on Time Warner in Ithaca, does that mean there'd be a good chance it would also be on the Time Warner Channel 26 in Syracuse? They've shown a few Cornell games the last couple years, but now that I think about it, most of those have been against Clarkson. Is the Syracuse affiliate more interested in Clarkson than Cornell, or is it just coincidence that the games have all been against Clarkson?-Chris '03[/q]Actually, I believe for a couple of years CLK has been paying to have some of their games broadcast. So that might explain it. However, TW did do some GATE games on ther own.

Date: March 06, 2005 05:16PM

No Cornell lacrosse games this year, but a good amount of other lacrosse if you're enough of a fan to watch other teams. I think Princeton/Cuse in on tap. You can check out their web page for more info. Maybe ESPNU will pick up a Cornell game or two. I can only hope.

Date: March 06, 2005 07:02PM

No ESPNU on my cable... I called to ask the day before it launched and the girl said, "you know, you're the tenth person today to call and ask me about that." They have no plans to carry it. Like most channels that people actually want to watch, Time Warner will wait until they tick off enough customers, then add the channel. Sigh... While I was on the phone with her I added CSTV to my package. I resent paying extra for it, but at least I'll get to see some ECAC tournament games.

-Chris '03

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 07:53PM

They (Syracuse TW) grab the games from the north country.

Why the HE double hockey sticks would they favor Colgate games over Cornell? I think Al DeFlorio posted that the Colgate game will be on TW this weekend. What a disgrace.

Maybe they like Colgate because the trip home is shorter?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 08:03PM

[Q]marty Wrote:

They (Syracuse TW) grab the games from the north country.

Why the HE double hockey sticks would they favor Colgate games over Cornell? I think Al DeFlorio posted that the Colgate game will be on TW this weekend. What a disgrace.

Maybe they like Colgate because the trip home is shorter?[/q]

Colgate link listing the broadcast here: [athletics.colgate.edu]

Posted by: cbuckser (---.243.131.133.Dial1.SanFrancisco1.Level3.ne)
Date: March 07, 2005 02:06AM

The ECAC made an announcement today. CSTV won't show the first semifinal live, but the game will be shown live on various local cable outlets and for free on XMIevents.com.

[www.uscho.com]

Date: March 07, 2005 03:06AM

Interesting... so I can just watch the whole thing on Time Warner of Syracuse... so I didn't need to order CSTV at all... so I just wasted $5... that's just great.

Oh well. I'm just happy I'll get to see the games!

-Chris '03

Posted by: puff (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 07, 2005 03:28AM

Sweet, more games to watch on my computer. Still regretting that i got COX without looking more at dishes for CSTV availability.

Date: March 07, 2005 07:17AM

[Q]cbuckser Wrote:
CSTV won't show the first semifinal live, but the game will be shown live on various local cable outlets and for free on XMIevents.com.
[/q]

At least there's a webcast so those of us outside the area can see the game. Hope they can handle the traffic.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 07, 2005 06:35PM

I've emailed eveyone I can think of - Yes, ESPN, CSTV and Directv - trying to get someone to pick up ECAC semi-final game 1. Directv sometimes picks up games from regional sports networks which that don't normally carry - such as the No. Dak. - Wis. broadcast the weekend before last - although I don't know if Time Warner would allow them to pick up the broadcast and just black it out in Time Warner's area.
Anyhow, perhaps if others did the same, someone might notice and we out-of-towners would have a chance to watch the Friday semi-final.

By the way, that day, ESPN-U is broadcasting NCAA wrestling quarter-finals and semifinals live, so there should be some Cornellians on TV. However, ESPN2 has billiard re-runs scheduled during the ECAC game 1 timeslot.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date: March 07, 2005 06:41PM

soooo...
all the games will be on the net? or just game 1?

Date: March 07, 2005 06:56PM

[Q]The Rancor Wrote:

soooo...
all the games will be on the net? or just game 1?[/q]
According to the ECACHL press release [Q] Along with the television broadcasts, the ECACHL will also provide video webcasts of the semifinal games through XMI Events.[/q]
However, I've got serious concerns as to whether they'll have sufficient bandwith.

Here's an email I sent to ecachl@ecachockeyleague.com:
[Q] As an ECAC (and Cornell) fan in the Chicago area, I'm disappointed that you have not found anyone who will carry semi-final game 1 live. Especially given that Cornell probably has the largest national alumni hockey fan following of all eastern teams, one would hope that CSTV, Yes or a New England station might pick up the games. ESPN2 is broadcasting billiard reruns that afternoon. Perhaps even the Time Warner broadcast could be made available to Directv, but with a blackout in Time Warner's area to protect their interest.
I greatly appreciate that you are putting the game on XMIevents, but I believe that there will be very significant interest and that they might not have sufficient bandwith to provide adequate service. Problems have occurred at times even with reportedly a few dozen viewers and a regular season game.
I'd appreciate whatever can be done.
Thanks.
Jeff Kahn[/q]

Posted by: jnachod (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 12:49PM

For those in the Albany, NY area who have Time Warner Cable (and possibly other areas).

CSTV is now available as a regular, basic cable channel on channel # 26. You do not need to buy the sports package on digital cable to get this channel anymore.

This was done because Fox Sports NY and MSG were removed from the list of channels they offer, and they wanted to put in two sports channels as a replacement.

Posted by: adamw (---.benslm01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 08, 2005 02:10PM

That's probably temporary. There's a dispute between Time Warner and Cablevision going on. What else is new.

Date: March 08, 2005 06:11PM

[Q]jnachod Wrote:

For those in the Albany, NY area who have Time Warner Cable (and possibly other areas).

CSTV is now available as a regular, basic cable channel on channel # 26. You do not need to buy the sports package on digital cable to get this channel anymore.

This was done because Fox Sports NY and MSG were removed from the list of channels they offer, and they wanted to put in two sports channels as a replacement.
[/q]

Same deal here in Syracuse. Sheesh... didn't Time Warner & MSG go through this just a few months ago? I remember turning to MSG and, in its place, getting Time Warner's little placeholder message explaining this was in no way their fault. rolleyes

-Chris '03

Date: March 08, 2005 06:24PM

This is a major annoyance for those of us who want to watch as many playoff games as possible.

I flipped to one of the Fox sports stations today to see the damn message that I couldn't watch the college hockey game that is being replayed on that channel. So until this is resolved there will be no CCHA and/or WCHA to watch in my house.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 06:50PM

[Q]marty Wrote:

This is a major annoyance for those of us who want to watch as many playoff games as possible.

I flipped to one of the Fox sports stations today to see the damn message that I couldn't watch the college hockey game that is being replayed on that channel. So until this is resolved there will be no CCHA and/or WCHA to watch in my house.[/q]

Denver and CC? That really pissed me off tonight...oh well, I get to drop the Sports Package.

Justin, you're staying up to date well on Time Warner Albany for a guy that lives in Philadelphia! ;-)

Date: March 08, 2005 08:07PM

But the rotten thing is that if you drop the package and the dolts at TW make up with the geniuses at MSG you're out in the cold because you've lost CSTV!

Date: March 08, 2005 09:13PM

This is why you should just all go with DirecTV. I've never seen anything come close sports-wise, and in the 6 month's I've had it, they've added more sports channels than they've dropped (I think they only dropped FSN Chicago, but added Comcast SportsNet Chicago, along with Altitude Sports, ESPNU, a couple other Comcast SportsNet, and maybe more). Okay, they're dropping Empire, but that's not really by choice.

Dish Network is pretty good too, but their sports package is only regional, so no CSTV or ESPNU (and I don't really care about the other national channels - Outdoor Life, Fuel, NBA TV, Golf, Outdoor, Speed).

There's really no reason to put up with cable when its cheaper, more channels, and less stupid with satellite. Oh, and if I convinced you, and you can find any kind of DirecTV referral program, I'd appreciate it ;)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.yw.yu.edu)
Date: March 08, 2005 09:16PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:
There's really no reason to put up with cable when its cheaper, more channels, and less stupid with satellite.[/q]What if I live in Manhattan and am physically unable to see enough sky from my apartment to get satellite?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 08, 2005 09:20PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:
There's really no reason to put up with cable when its cheaper, more channels, and less stupid with satellite.[/Q]
What if I live in Manhattan and am physically unable to see enough sky from my apartment to get satellite?

[/q]
Call a real estate agent in Fairfield County? nut

Date: March 08, 2005 09:51PM

Okay, well, 'no reason' was a bit strong. But next time you move, keep a southern view of the sky in mind :)

Of course, you're in Manhattan, I think you could find a sports bar somewhere ;)

Date: March 08, 2005 10:42PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:
There's really no reason to put up with cable when its cheaper, more channels, and less stupid with satellite.[/Q]
What if I live in Manhattan and am physically unable to see enough sky from my apartment to get satellite?
[/q]

Do you not have access to your roof? That's where Rachel and Peter have their dish.

Date: March 09, 2005 06:00AM

There is another reason that one might like cable:

Date: March 09, 2005 07:38AM

[Q]marty Wrote:

[/q]

I have cable internet service from Cox and DirecTV. At the moment I have basic cable service as well, but I'll probably drop that and switch to getting local channels through DirecTV soon. But I'll keep the cable internet.

If you're talking about TV picture signal, I have to say, I get digital dropouts on my analog cable (presumably because the local stations are getting satellite feeds from the networks) about as often as on DirecTV.

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 08:48AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

marty Wrote:

[/Q]
I have cable internet service from Cox and DirecTV. At the moment I have basic cable service as well, but I'll probably drop that and switch to getting local channels through DirecTV soon. But I'll keep the cable internet.

If you're talking about TV picture signal, I have to say, I get digital dropouts on my analog cable (presumably because the local stations are getting satellite feeds from the networks) about as often as on DirecTV.[/q]

That's what I do, too. Well, my cable internet is from Charter Communications, but same idea. For people who want to watch the most college hockey that they can, DirecTV is an absolute no-brainer.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 10:55AM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

put up with cable when its cheaper, more channels, and less stupid with satellite.
[/q]

I had DirecTV in California and New Haven and dropped when we bought our house in Meriden for 2 reasons: a) cost b) local channels.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 09, 2005 11:09AM

Not sure about the cost thing, my parents have Cox in Cheshire and are paying around $80 I believe for a few tvs, HBO, and digital boxes (but no extra digital channels). The same thing on DirecTV (3 tvs) would be $62, or $65 for that with a handful of extra regular channels. Add $11 for the SportsPack, and now we're talking a huge number of channels extra still for less money.

YMMV, obviously.

As for local channels, not sure which ones you want, but currently in central Ct:
CBS WFSB 3 0
ABC WTNH 8 0
UNI WUVN 18 0
WB WTXX 20 0
PBS WEDH 24 0
NBC WVIT 30 0
UPN WCTX 59 0
Fox WTIC 61 0
That's every network.

Posted by: David Harding (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 09, 2005 10:37PM

We DirecTV for the TV and cable for the internet. The local channel on cable that I would be interested in is the one that broadcasts city council meetings and other very local content. With a population of 13,000 some, that's just not going to make it on the satellite.

Date: March 11, 2005 06:33PM

Adam W.,
Could you explain why CSTV isn't carrying semi-final Game 1 live? I emailed them, but received no reply. If you can, please put in a word for us. Here's their schedule that afternoon:
Fri, Mar. 18
3:00 pm
Full Court Press

4:00 pm
Full Court Press

5:00 pm
The 1 College Sports Show
Tourney Talk presented by Miller

6:30 pm
Coach
Diane Geppi-Aikens

Anyone interested in basketball will be watching the NCAA tournament games or ESPN.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login