Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

[OT] Good luck, Clarkson (vs. Union)

Posted by billhoward 
[OT] Good luck, Clarkson (vs. Union)
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 06:36AM

The Clarkson fans who braved hostile elements to show up here and wave their banner deserve some appreciation for being entertaining and at times illuminating. So good luck to Clarkson against Union and let's hope we see the Golden Knights in Ithaca a week from now to continue the rivalry. At which point all bets are off again.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2005 08:49AM by billhoward.

Re: [OT] Good luck, Clarkson (vs. Union)
Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2005 07:19AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
The Clarkson fans who braved hostile elements to show up here and wave their banner deserve some appreciation for being entertaining and at times illuminating. So go luck to Clarkson against Union and let's hope we see the Golden Knights in Ithaca a week from now to continue the rivalry. At which point all bets are off again. [/q]

Geez, for a second I thought you said "all belts are off again," and wondered just exactly what you had planned for the Clarkson fans who might show up.

Beeeej

P.S. Go Dutchmen!

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Drew (199.43.48.---)
Date: March 04, 2005 08:36AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

The Clarkson fans who braved hostile elements to show up here and wave their banner deserve some appreciation for being entertaining and at times illuminating. So go luck to Clarkson against Union and let's hope we see the Golden Knights in Ithaca a week from now to continue the rivalry. At which point all bets are off again. [/q]

Thanks, I think......(waiting for the trojan horse to show up). Who knows... maybe we will even score a goal this weekend.

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.graham.clarkson.edu)
Date: March 06, 2005 05:12PM

Well, I'd like to play Cornell next week but first I'd like to win tonight. Mainly, I would like to face Cornell rather than Harvard because it seemed to me that we played Cornell closer than Harvard when not on our best games (and at Lynah, with a 2nd/3rd stringer in net). We always seem to give Cornell a decent fight, even if the score doesn't show it. Plus if it's in Ithaca, I can go and start pissing off all you guys in person :D Not driving 8 hours to Cambridge in my POS truck.

Clarkson looked strong against Union for the first two games, and could have easily won by several goals. Failure to capitalize is haunting us. Two 1-on-0 breakaways and a shot at a nearly empty net (different situation) in the first period realizing 0 goals is just ... not good.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 05:35PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

Well, I'd like to play Cornell next week but first I'd like to win tonight. [/q]

In order for the former to even be possible, the latter is a must.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 06, 2005 05:37PM

I was at the first two games and I do think that Clarkson is the better team. Their big mistake was sitting on their third period lead last night. They would have definitely won had they sustained their aggressive play of the first two periods.

Date: March 06, 2005 05:49PM

No.... really.... you think? :-P

Posted by: Richter547 (---.graham.clarkson.edu)
Date: March 06, 2005 10:40PM

Looks like we're comin up to Lynah :-} Unfortunately, its also our spring break. Ah well, we'll try to bring our forces along (maybe even a cowbell too).

Date: March 06, 2005 10:50PM

I'm looking forward to coming to Lynah. This time I'm not nearly as intimidated as I was last year. Pissing off the student section is going to be fun stuff.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 06, 2005 11:01PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

I'm looking forward to coming to Lynah. This time I'm not nearly as intimidated as I was last year. Pissing off the student section is going to be fun stuff.[/q]

Sounds good.... I will drive up from NYC....Where are all the Clarkson folks going to meet for a pre and post game brew?

Posted by: ajec1 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 06, 2005 11:12PM

[Q]Drew Wrote:

daredevilcu Wrote:

I'm looking forward to coming to Lynah. This time I'm not nearly as intimidated as I was last year. Pissing off the student section is going to be fun stuff.[/Q]
Sounds good.... I will drive up from NYC....Where are all the Clarkson folks going to meet for a pre and post game brew?[/q]

Get your own freakin messageboard yark

Date: March 07, 2005 12:54AM

We have our own freakin messageboard... but very few people use the roundtable anymore, and not everyone is on the Jolinko beta. It's a new site somewhat like facebook, but I like it better -- it's from the DailyJolt crew. If Cornell wants in, you could probably contact them and get on it.

Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 07, 2005 01:12AM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

I'm looking forward to coming to Lynah. This time I'm not nearly as intimidated as I was last year. Pissing off the student section is going to be fun stuff.[/q]

Saaaaaaaaaaaaafety School

Date: March 07, 2005 01:45AM

Oh, come on... the Clarkson flame-fest is on the How To Be a Good Fan thread. Take it there :-P There's plenty of people flaming me for not applying to Cornell and saying I wouldn't have gotten in on that thread. Have fun with it!

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 02:17AM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:
Oh, come on... the Clarkson flame-fest is on the How To Be a Good Fan thread. Take it there There's plenty of people flaming me for not applying to Cornell and saying I wouldn't have gotten in on that thread. Have fun with it![/q]

BZZZT!

We didn't say you wouldn't have gotten in, we flamed you for claiming that had you applied, you were assured of admittance.

But thank you for playing!

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 07, 2005 02:24AM

-shrug- We'll never know, will we? Back to hockey!

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 12:00PM

By all means, any Clarkson fan should feel free to post here. Just be ready to accept some good natured ribbing (and probably a few idiots too, unfortunately).

Posted by: Drew (199.43.48.---)
Date: March 07, 2005 12:28PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

By all means, any Clarkson fan should feel free to post here. Just be ready to accept some good natured ribbing (and probably a few idiots too, unfortunately).
[/q]

Appreciate it Keith, After all, it is all in good fun.....the rivalry is great. Look forward to sitting in Lynah for the first time.
Cheers!
Drew

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 02:39PM

[Q]Drew Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:

[/Q]
Appreciate it Keith, After all, it is all in good fun.....the rivalry is great. Look forward to sitting in Lynah for the first time.
Cheers!
Drew

[/q]
I'll second the welcome (as if you cared!). Fan interaction is one of the great aspects of college hockey - keeps it entertaining and in perspective at the same time. We're not so different as artificial boundaries between "your school" and "my school" suggest...

That said, you've picked a heck of a weekend to make it to Lynah - the crowd will certainly be buzzing. Question of the week: will any current Clarkson player receive as much abuse as Nickerson did last year? Follow-up: will any current Clarkson player receive as much abuse as Nickerson will THIS year?

Here's to keeping it intense but good-natured and leaving it all in the rink.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: March 07, 2005 02:47PM

I think Latullipe is a possibility to receive some abuse. Even the Union fans got on him a good amount for his chippy style.

Date: March 07, 2005 03:01PM

No single player with receive the treatment Nickerson got last year. The 5x3 goal that Cornell had after Nickerson took a stupid penalty resulted in it not being Traylen's fault, from the faithful -- Instead they chanted "It's all Nickerson's fault" This year there's no single player that will be easy to pick on. If anyone, I would suspect they'd go after Traylen (they'll be on him anyway), Weller, or Latulippe.

Nickerson's gone, abusing him now is pointless. He didn't get much abuse when we were in Lynah earlier this year, I don't see any reason for that to increase.

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 07, 2005 03:01PM

Jay is best when he lets his talent do the talking. Hopefully it will be that which gets under your skin. :-D

Posted by: Boston Matt (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: March 07, 2005 03:18PM

[Q]daredevilcu Wrote:

If anyone, I would suspect they'd go after Traylen (they'll be on him anyway), Weller, or Latulippe.[/q]

I was going to say Dodge. He can really get into it on the ice.

Posted by: Drew (199.43.32.---)
Date: March 07, 2005 03:28PM

[Q]Robb Wrote:

Drew Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:

[/Q]
Cheers!
Drew

[/Q]
I'll second the welcome (as if you cared!). Fan interaction is one of the great aspects of college hockey - keeps it entertaining and in perspective at the same time. We're not so different as artificial boundaries between "your school" and "my school" suggest...

That said, you've picked a heck of a weekend to make it to Lynah - the crowd will certainly be buzzing. Question of the week: will any current Clarkson player receive as much abuse as Nickerson did last year? Follow-up: will any current Clarkson player receive as much abuse as Nickerson will THIS year?

Here's to keeping it intense but good-natured and leaving it all in the rink.

[/q]

Robb, I agree, go as hard as you like during the game, but leave it it the rink.....You are going to have to do an awful lot of name calling to make my beer taste bad.....and I think nickerson's ears will be ringing wherever he is this weekend. I figure Scuderi, Latullipe, and Traylen's names may be mentioned this weekend.
;-)

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 04:10PM

Tulip is a flower...

one of the better chears I heard last year during the quarters

Posted by: Karlmoose (216.162.21.---)
Date: March 07, 2005 04:26PM

I am going to be all over that stupid Latullipe. Some of the Union scratches were sitting behind me this past weekend complaining about how much of a whiner and a dirty player he is; he has become my Nickerson (though he hasn't yet shot a puck at us like Nickerson last year) and I hope that the rest of section B will feel the same. And I love the flower cheer. Friday cannot come quickly enough...

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 07, 2005 06:28PM

Too bad Jay's "style' gets more attention than his talent. if he played for cornell, you guys would love him. Like a lotta guys, ya love him on your team (thoughhe has taken a lot of dumb penalties) and y a hate him when he plays for the other guys.

The Union "scratches"? That says it all. :-D

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 06:29PM

[q]ya love him on your team...and y a hate him when he plays for the other guys.[/q]And that's as it should be! :-D

Date: March 07, 2005 08:31PM

[Q]RichS Wrote:

Too bad Jay's "style' gets more attention than his talent. if he played for cornell, you guys would love him. Like a lotta guys, ya love him on your team (thoughhe has taken a lot of dumb penalties) and y a hate him when he plays for the other guys.

The Union "scratches"? That says it all. [/q]

Rich, I agree with you...Jay is like a "esa tikaanen/claude lemieux type player....on your team he is great...on the the other team he is a "off with his head" type of player.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 08:54PM

aka a$$hole;-)

Date: March 07, 2005 10:14PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

aka a$$hole[/q]

Actually, A$$hole is bobby holik.

Posted by: Petit (167.206.158.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 02:11PM

kinda like cornell's Kevin Petit in '71 although LaTulippe has a lot more talent.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2005 11:06AM

More talent than Kevin Pettit '71? Pettit played on the unbeaten 1970 team and was first team All-America in 1971. He was talented with both ends of the stick and still holds the single-season record with 111 penalty minutes.

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: March 10, 2005 12:46PM

Check the username on the previous post, please. Either Kevin's checked in and is guilty of some self-deprecating humor, or we've got a creative troll in our midst. Maybe both. :-)

Acid test:

Hey, Kevin, what was really going on between Ned and Ceglarski in 70 and 71?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 10, 2005 04:33PM

[Q]ninian '72 Wrote:

Check the username on the previous post, please. Either Kevin's checked in and is guilty of some self-deprecating humor, or we've got a creative troll in our midst. Maybe both.

Acid test:

Hey, Kevin, what was really going on between Ned and Ceglarski in 70 and 71?[/q]
He'd probably know how to spell his own name correctly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login