Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

McKee is USCHO DPOTW

Posted by Chris 02 
McKee is USCHO DPOTW
Posted by: Chris 02 (---.aere.iastate.edu)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:19AM

See

[www.uscho.com]

Re: McKee is USCHO DPOTW
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:22AM

"A senior from Irving, Texas, McKee has a 22-4-3 record this season with a 1.27 goals against average and a .943 save percentage."

Senior? Oops.......

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:26AM

Boy... was that whole thing bungled or what? Confusion over the month vs. this past weekend... senior, not sophomore...

Oh well. I guess I won't complain, though. It's a nice honor.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:53AM

"No. 2 Cornell goaltender David McKee tied Dryden’s school record for most shutouts,"
What does "No. 2" mean?

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:54AM

I think it means that Cornell is #2, and he is the goaltender from said #2 school.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:01PM

Who does #2 work for??

Someone choreographed this all too well...Cornell garners the most #1 votes, McKee finally gets named DPOTW...I'm glad we have the weekend off to let all of the publicity sink in and become a part of the routine before we play again.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:08PM

[Q]Will Wrote:
I think it means that Cornell is #2, and he is the goaltender from said #2 school.[/q]

Ah, yes. For some reason the first thing that came to mind was they were implying McKee was Cornell's number 2 goalie.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:40PM

So let me get this straight, Mifsud gets Player of the Week over Knoepfli when Knoepfli had the GTG and GWG in a game his team was down late in the third period. He also had the GWA and another goal on Saturday. Mifsud has very comparable numbers, but I'm pretty sure he didn't score the game tying goal late in the third period of a game and win that game in overtime. This comes a week after Moulson doesn't get it despite having better numbes on the weekend than whoever did win it. It definitely doesn't matter and I don't really care, but still ridiculous all the same.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:45PM

USCHO wouldn't give OPOTW and DPOTW to the same team in the same week anyway. If I had to decide between Knoepfli and McKee this past week, I'd have to go with McKee as well.

Posted by: LarryW (---.caltech.edu)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:51PM

From USCHO

"Mifsud scored three of the Catamounts’ four goals this weekend and assisted on the other. He netted the game-winning goal with one second remaining in a 2-1 win against Brown. The next might against No. 11 Harvard, the senior forward notched both UVM goals in a 2-2 come-from-behind tie."

I'd say, that actually does suggest he was more crucial for UVM than Knoepfli was this weekend. And UVM's games meant a great deal more in terms of ECAC standings. I don't think you can argue with the choice irrespective of McKee's choice as DPOTW.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 01:24PM

McKee would be helped (in terms of winning various player-of-the-xxxx awards) if he grouped his shutouts two per weekend, rather than a shutout and a one-goal game. In particular, the RPI (3-0) / Union (4-1) weekend, which also would have been the game (Union) that tied Dryden.

He has one set of back-to-backs, 1/29 against St. Lawrence and then 2/4 at Colgate. He should have had a back to back shutout weekend against Army and Sacred Heart (one GA in each, instead). If McKee comes up one or two short on catching Ryan Miller's career record (26 vs McKee's current 13), we can have an almost-coulda-woulda-shoulda thread.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 01:46PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
If McKee comes up one or two short on catching Ryan Miller's career record (26 vs McKee's current 13), we can have an almost-coulda-woulda-shoulda thread. [/q]

No, YOU can have that thread. Everyone else here isn't stuck dwelling on what wasn't right about convincing wins vs. Army and Sacred Heart months after the fact. It's really annoying to keep seeing you expecting and demanding absolute and complete perfection. Maybe it doesn't mesh with the pretend storybook newspaper article you keep wanting to write in the future, but that's the way reality is.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 02:36PM

FWIW, McKee was also named ECAC Goalie of the Week for the 3rd time this season.

[www.ecachockeyleague.com]

Knoepfli also made the honor roll.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.yw.yu.edu)
Date: March 02, 2005 04:15PM

[Q]RichH Wrote:
No, YOU can have that thread. Everyone else here isn't stuck dwelling on what wasn't right about convincing wins vs. Army and Sacred Heart months after the fact. It's really annoying to keep seeing you expecting and demanding absolute and complete perfection. Maybe it doesn't mesh with the pretend storybook newspaper article you keep wanting to write in the future, but that's the way reality is.[/q]rock

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 09:54PM

Took him long enough :-P. McKee is the 6th goaltender from the ECAC to win the USCHO DPOTW award this year (McKenna, Fallon, Traylen, Grumet-Morris, D'Alba).

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2005 10:25AM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:
If McKee comes up one or two short on catching Ryan Miller's career record (26 vs McKee's current 13), we can have an almost-coulda-woulda-shoulda thread. [/Q]
No, YOU can have that thread. Everyone else here isn't stuck dwelling on what wasn't right about convincing wins vs. Army and Sacred Heart months after the fact. It's really annoying to keep seeing you expecting and demanding absolute and complete perfection. Maybe it doesn't mesh with the pretend storybook newspaper article you keep wanting to write in the future, but that's the way reality is.[/q]

Burn!

{/Kelso}

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 03, 2005 05:20PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

RichH Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:
If McKee comes up one or two short on catching Ryan Miller's career record (26 vs McKee's current 13), we can have an almost-coulda-woulda-shoulda thread. [/Q]
No, YOU can have that thread. Everyone else here isn't stuck dwelling on what wasn't right about convincing wins vs. Army and Sacred Heart months after the fact. It's really annoying to keep seeing you expecting and demanding absolute and complete perfection. Maybe it doesn't mesh with the pretend storybook newspaper article you keep wanting to write in the future, but that's the way reality is.[/Q]
Burn!

{/Kelso}[/q]

laugh

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 01:51AM

After 24 (eek) seasons, I know this is a naive request, but now that the RS is over, can we stop being assholes to one another for one month and concentrate on being united assholes against the rest of college hockey?

I mean, we've got the whole summer for internecine warfare...

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2005 02:07AM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

After 24 (eek) seasons, I know this is a naive request, but now that the RS is over, can we stop being assholes to one another for one month and concentrate on being united assholes against the rest of college hockey?

I mean, we've got the whole summer for internecine warfare...[/q]Cram it, peacemaker.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2005 03:34AM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

Trotsky Wrote:

I mean, we've got the whole summer for internecine warfare...[/Q]
Cram it, peacemaker.[/q]And do you really HAVE to plug that damn website of yours every chance you get?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 09:16AM

Nice plug for David in the Hobey race: [insidecollegehockey.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login