Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Confusion about ECACHL championship tickets

Posted by lynahfan08 
Confusion about ECACHL championship tickets
Posted by: lynahfan08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:19PM

Hey all,

I'm one of those lucky freshman who scored season tickets and I was wondering about a few things.

I recently heard that the championship tickets that came with the season ticket package are only used to get into the quarterfinal games at lynah and not for the semis and finals in albany. If this is true, and me and my friends buy tickets for the pepsi arena, what section do most Cornell students sit in?

Thanks for any responses

Re: Confusion about ECACHL championship tickets
Posted by: Beeeej (---.nycmny83.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:26PM

It is true. Just look at your sheet of tickets; there are three left, for Friday, Saturday, and (if needed) Sunday of the Quarterfinals.

There's already another thread about our section in Albany, I believe.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 08:43PM

We don't know where we'll be in Albany until/if we get there.

You can buy tickets for the Cornell section (when/if there is one) from the Cornell ticket office, or you can call the Pepsi arena and get tickets in/near that section directly from them.

I don't quite understanding going to the effort to post a thread asking what the tickets are for when you could just look at them.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 09:10PM

[Q]I don't quite understanding going to the effort to post a thread asking what the tickets are for when you could just look at them.[/Q]

While it's probably obvious to most of us, the tickets don't make it all that easy on those who haven't been through the playoffs before. The tickets don't have dates on them, just "ECAC Championships" on them. What's probably confusing is that on the schedule right below the tickets, there are listed three rounds: first round, quaterfinals, and "championships".
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2005 09:11PM by Pete Godenschwager.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 09:13PM

OK, well we do know something. As I said on the prior thread the Pepsi Arena has assigned our sections. The Cornell Club of the Capital district has a hold on Sections 111-112. Those are behind and on the corner. Undoubtably CU seats will run around the rest of the corner 110-108, maybe 107. I've asked through ticketron about seats along the side 105-106 and all they have are isolated seats, none together. If you want to try through them, call your local number, but don't do any of the automation, eventually you get a human who can look up specific seats.

The Pepsi seating chart is

You can order tickets through the Capital District club. They also are hosting a buffet dinner at the Amo La Bella New York restaurant in between Friday's games. It's right next to the arena. Anyone can join in and I should be able to post an email address to Nancy Lynk (coordinator) and a copy of their form, for tickets and/or dinner, tomorrow night.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 09:14PM

[Q]Pete Godenschwager Wrote:
While it's probably obvious to most of us, the tickets don't make it all that easy on those who haven't been through the playoffs before. The tickets don't have dates on them, just "ECAC Championships" on them. What's probably confusing is that on the schedule right below the tickets, there are listed three rounds: first round, quaterfinals, and "championships".
[/q]

Ah, I see... I believe the tickets used to be clearer, with the dates and such - back in my day ;-) you know, last year. Although I suppose that was because they were only sold after they knew the dates.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 09:16PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

We don't know where we'll be in Albany until/if we get there.[/q]

Well, if we do get there (note to the woofing gods: I said "if";), we'll be the top seed. I thought the top seed always had the same section/corner of the rink.

In any case, it should be noted that should we get to Albany, we'll have the majority of the fans there. Two years ago, pretty much every section was a Cornell section as I recall, though Dartmouth brought a decent number of vocal fans.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: February 27, 2005 09:24PM

Depends on who is there. Two years ago it was us, Harvard, Brown and Dartmouth. None of those other schools have a significant travelling fan base. However, if Vermont were to make it to Albany they will likely bring a lot of fans down from Burlington. Likewise if Union or RPI manage an upset they'll obviously have some local reprsentation. Clarkson always had a lot of folks in Placid. Albany is further but if they did happen to make it the Knights would probably bring some fans.

Date: February 27, 2005 09:33PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Clarkson always had a lot of folks in Placid. Albany is further but if they did happen to make it the Knights would probably bring some fans.[/q]

Don't be so sure. On Saturday, there were big holes in the non-student sections, and it was Senior Night. Then again, if Clarkson can go on a hot streak and make it to Albany, that might bring the fans back. Also, I hear RPI's fanbase is flagging overall, but they might also be rejuvenated by a hot streak. I'd actually expect Union to bring more fans than either Clarkson or RPI, due to proximity and just based on how many people they brought to Lynah a few weeks ago.

Posted by: mjh89 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2005 10:01PM

There were many Clarkson fans there last year, probably more than any team, followed by Colgate.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 02:08AM

[q]Don't be so sure. On Saturday, there were big holes in the non-student sections, and it was Senior Night.[/q]Remember, Clarkson was the most successful (RS at least) team in the ECAC for a decade or so and has now has had several bad seasons in a row. They had very solid support during their up years and I would expect that the fans will return when and if they turn it around (which I for one hope they do). No guarantee that the fans would come out of the woodwork for an unexpected trip to Albany - I doubt many of their fans have been buying tickets expecting to see the Knights there - but it also wouldn't surprise me.

No reason to criticise the Clarkson faithful for poor attendance lately either. It happens to everyone (remember that a certain coach included "sell out the rink" as one of his goals during his first season after the program had suffered a couple of bad years).

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: February 28, 2005 03:07AM

The seating also depends on if you're a student or not. Two years back, the majority of non-student fans were on the bottom level, and the students and band were on the second level, so I dont think the Capital District club thing has any control over student section tickets. Maybe that was just me and where my seats ended up, but the majority of the hardcore student fans were with me on the second level, and those tickets I believe were gotten through the school after the quarterfinals. Granted, I think anyone who got into Pepsi could have made it over to us, the inter-section security is non-existent.

Posted by: REDhead (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2005 08:50AM

Last time at Pepsi Arena, sections 106-107 were reserved for CU and sold through our ticket office--106 was reserved for hockey office distribution (players' families, etc) and section 107 sold to students and townies. Looks like this year might be the same, from what Jim found out....(if we get there!)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2005 08:52AM by REDhead.

Re: ECACHL championship tickets from CU tix office
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2005 03:00PM

And should we go to Albany *knock on wood*, those should become available at the Field House Monday morning, March 14?

Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 08:02PM

Speaking of the upcoming playoffs, is there a first-round pairing that's targeted to be our opponent for the 2nd round? In other words, has it been determined that we are going to play the winner of X vs. Y?

Posted by: TCHL8842 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 28, 2005 08:09PM

Scott we are playing the lowest seed left. So any team ranked 12-8 right now

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2005 09:56PM

Here's the form for Capital District tickets and buffet:
Note that these prices are cheaper than box office as they are a group rate.
ECAC MEN'S ICE HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Where: Pepsi Arena in Albany

When: March 18-19, 2005

Puck Drops: Friday at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m.
                         Saturday at 5:00 and 8:00 p.m.

Ticket Prices for the Tournament: 
CCGCD Members:  $42 adults - $20 children 13 and under
Non-members:  $45 adults - $23 children 13 and under
Tickets purchased directly from the Pepsi Arena (call 518/487-2081):
$46 for adults - $24 for children 13 and under

Food:
The Club has arranged for a quick, between games buffet Friday
at Amo La Bella New York, 89 Beaver Street 
(opposite a side entrance to the Pepsi).
A $16 charge will cover the taxes, gratuities, and food 
(baked ziti, meatballs, bread, tossed salad, dessert, and beverage).

TICKET ORDERS MUST BE MAILED BEFORE MARCH 6!

1.  Complete the attached form;
2.  Write a check to the Cornell Club of the Greater Capital District;
3.  Prepare a self-addressed stamped envelope (4"X 9"preferred)
      for mailing your tickets to you; and 
4.  Mail them to: Bob Lynk, 70 Mosher Road, Delmar, NY 12054-3715

Questions:
Write Bob at thelynks@midtel.net or call (518) 439-3948

ECAC MEN'S ICE HOCKEY TOURNAMENT
March 18 and 19, 2005

Bob Lynk must receive your ticket order by March 7!

Name________________________________________
Year_______College_________________

Spouse/Guests________________________________
Year_______College_________________

Street
Address______________________________________

City_____________________State_____Zip_________
Telephone_____________ Email___________________

Enclosed is 1.  My self-addressed, stamped, 4" X 9"envelope and
2.  My check made payable to the Cornell Club of the Greater Capital
District for admission to the entire tournament (4 games) and/or the quick
between-games buffet Friday.

_____ Adult tickets @ $42 (orders from CCGCD members) $__________

_____ Child tickets @ $20 (orders from CCGCD members) $__________
  _____ Adult tickets @ $45 (orders from others)        $__________

_____ Child tickets @ $23 (orders from others)        $__________

_____ Buffet dinners @ $16                            $__________
                                                                       Total  $
All Cornell fans, CCGCD members or not, may order tickets.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 10:00PM

This is one of the several small but nice advantages of being the #1 seed. In the second round it plays the worse (lowest ranked) survivor. And while you can't expect four upsets, it's likely (need to check) that each year there's one upset at least, so you could wind up playing say a Yale or Princeton. If it was strict ordered pairing, we'd play the winner of 8 Union vs. 9 Clarkson. We've had trouble with Union this year and Clarkson is a bad memory from last year. But if 10 Princeton, 11 Rensselaer, or 12 Yale wins, we get them, and without sounding overconfindent - so many people on this forum apparently believe we can jinx the team - this would be a good chance for McKee to work on his shutout totals.

BTW on my computers, the column formatting is so tight I can't see USCHO's total # of shutouts for the goalies: [www.uscho.com] I know there was a big dicussion of how many decimal places are significant and important and necessary for save percentage and GAA, but it does seem that for shuouts there ought to be an integer value visible.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2005 11:44PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:so many people on this forum apparently believe we can jinx the team[/q]I don't believe that we can jinx the team, Bill. I also don't tell people what I think about the likelihood of the existence of their deity when I am in a place of worship for a wedding.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 01, 2005 11:20AM

[q]I don't believe that we can jinx the team, Bill. I also don't tell people what I think about the likelihood of the existence of their deity when I am in a place of worship for a wedding. [/q]I don't really believe that I can jinx the team by my comments any more than I think that what color shirt I wear can affect the outcome of a game. But their fun superstitions to indulge in when it comes to sports. Harmless really.

One thing is true: I don't want to be the guy who spouts off that my team is great and will certainly win the RS/ECACs/NCAAs whatever and then be forced to eat his words if that doesn't pan out.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 01, 2005 11:37AM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
One thing is true: I don't want to be the guy who spouts off that my team is great and will certainly win the RS/ECACs/NCAAs whatever and then be forced to eat his words if that doesn't pan out.[/q]
Yeah, I think that's really the point. Why put yourself in a position to eat your words. As Bill has found out on this board already in a short time frame ;)

Oh, and there's also this:
[homepages.cae.wisc.edu]

I don't think anyone really *believes* that, but its a fun superstitution, and is pretty much law around USCHO (jokingly), and therefore carried over to team boards.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.aere.iastate.edu)
Date: March 01, 2005 02:21PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

KeithK Wrote:
One thing is true: I don't want to be the guy who spouts off that my team is great and will certainly win the RS/ECACs/NCAAs whatever and then be forced to eat his words if that doesn't pan out.[/Q]
Yeah, I think that's really the point. Why put yourself in a position to eat your words. As Bill has found out on this board already in a short time frame

Oh, and there's also this:

I don't think anyone really *believes* that, but its a fun superstitution, and is pretty much law around USCHO (jokingly), and therefore carried over to team boards.[/q]

That web page is pretty amusing.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 08:29PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

BTW on my computers, the column formatting is so tight I can't see USCHO's total # of shutouts for the goalies: I know there was a big dicussion of how many decimal places are significant and important and necessary for save percentage and GAA, but it does seem that for shuouts there ought to be an integer value visible.

[/q]

Try using a standards compliant browser.

:-P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2005 08:30PM by jeh25.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 01, 2005 10:08PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:

BTW on my computers, the column formatting is so tight I can't see USCHO's total # of shutouts for the goalies: I know there was a big dicussion of how many decimal places are significant and important and necessary for save percentage and GAA, but it does seem that for shuouts there ought to be an integer value visible.

[/Q]
Try using a standards compliant browser.[/q]

Is that actually a standards thing? Sounds like it might be non-bulletproof physical formatting with CSS. (It's always dangerous to assume the display with be XX pixels wide.)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: March 02, 2005 01:01AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Is that actually a standards thing? Sounds like it might be non-bulletproof physical formatting with CSS. (It's always dangerous to assume the display with be XX pixels wide.)[/q]

I don't know if it's a standards thing. But Firefox is fantastic. I'd certainly suggest it over Internet Explorer and IE mods.

[OT] Browsers
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2005 07:55AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Is that actually a standards thing? Sounds like it might be non-bulletproof physical formatting with CSS. (It's always dangerous to assume the display with be XX pixels wide.)[/Q]
I don't know if it's a standards thing. But Firefox is fantastic. I'd certainly suggest it over Internet Explorer and IE mods.[/q]

I'm pretty happy with Mozilla 1.7 with a bunch of extensions. Although I would prefer if it were easier to make it use emacs instead of Windoze shortcuts for text editing, and stop trying to display PDF documents itself. I had those configured to my liking, but a recent update changed it back and I haven't found how to fix it.

Anyway, the point of the web is that people should be free to use any reasonably functional browser, and content providers shouldn't make too many assumptions about their browsing environment.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login