Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Pack more than a t-shirt

Posted by Mark 
Pack more than a t-shirt
Posted by: Mark (---.nas.vdot.net)
Date: March 21, 2002 10:51AM

The weekend weather in beautiful downtown Worcester (or Wustah) will be cloudy to partly cloudy with high temps not reaching beyond the low 30's, so if the warming effects of the booze don't do the trick, you should probably plan on wearing a warm coat.

Oh, and what is the over/under on the first "Screw" cheer serenading my alma mater on Saturday? About 12:05 EST? ;-)

One last thing...who do the Lynah Faithful back on Sunday if the early game is BU-Maine? Neither, or a slight lean to one of them? It's a looooong way off, but a Cornell-BU national semifinal on espn2 could be fun, eh?

Good luck this weekend.

Re: Pack more than a t-shirt
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 10:53AM

I back almost anybody against Maine, and after a few hours of hearing their endless "spelling cheer," so will a lot of unaligned folk.

As a depressant, doesn't alcohol actually make people *more* vulnerable to cold?

Date: March 21, 2002 11:04AM

Greg:

I assume BU falls outside of "almost anybody" on the rooting scale. :-)

Yeah, you're right about the alcohol, unless it's an Irish Coffee?

Date: March 21, 2002 11:11AM

Oh, I'd definitely back BU over Maine. If BU cheats they have the good sense not to get caught.

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: March 21, 2002 11:14AM

As far as this Cornell fan is concerned, I'm rooting for Harvard over BU. :-D

However, if the choice comes down to BU v. Maine, I'm rooting for BU... just so we can whip their butts in St Paul. :-P

Date: March 21, 2002 11:23AM

Truthfully, Greg, I think the BU program is a pretty clean one.

John:
Coming off a 20-loss season in 2000-01, even a "butt-whipping" in the national semis would certainly be a step in the right direction (although I'm not sure your 0-fence is capable of that). Shutting down BU? Perhaps. A good, old-fashioned you-know-what? Nah....

But, those two northern New England schools are going to be tough in the QF round, provided the Black Bears cool off the Cantabs and CU takes care of business.

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: March 21, 2002 01:51PM

I would take a rubber match against BU. CU - Maine isn't interesting to me independent of the fact that it is the national semis.

Posted by: Erica (---.mgh.harvard.edu)
Date: March 21, 2002 01:55PM

Well, last time we played Maine up at Maine we tied them, and we played them at the Everblades two years ago. I don't remember, but I assume we lost. It would be fun to play them again. Plus, my coworker went there, and he's looking forward to the game this Saturday, so Harvard "can see what it's like to play a 'real team.'" BU would be fun, too, but the Maine fans are a thousand times more fun to 'compete' with than the BU fans, if you even notice the BU fans are there. Maine fans are just as passionate about their team as we are. Other than that, it would be amazing just to play either team. We do have to somehow solve UNH first, and after all, they are the "team of destiny." Of course, I am going with the idea that we will beat Quinnipiac. If we can't...well then, we really don't deserve to go any further.

Posted by: Adam '01 (---.executiveboard.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 02:19PM

I agree with most posters. If it comes down to BU-Maine, I am certainly in the BU camp.

Posted by: Sarli (---.merck.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 02:35PM

Especially since it's then:
"Screw BU, BU too!!"

too bad I won't be around to hear that one.

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 03:12PM

it'll be just one SCREW BU!!!

Posted by: jason (---.paulhastings.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 03:45PM

How 'bout "Screw BU...twice over!"?

Screw..
Posted by: Rico (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 05:05PM

Didn't we have this debate at the start of the season?

We decided on Screw BU.... and that's it. Just one.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 05:06PM

Two things.

First, we did this whole thing with the BU cheer earlier this season. Just one Screw BU, especially since it fits into their cheer timing, so we can do it during their cheers. I don't think adding a second line fits into their cheer as well.

Second, in regards to ETOH, the depressant effect is important if you fall asleep in the snow, or otherwise cannot be aware of your circumstances, but a major effect of alcohol in the cold is that it causes superficial vasodilatation, so you lose heat alot faster, but may actually feel warmer.

Re: Screw..
Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2002 05:11PM

yup:-D

Date: March 21, 2002 05:41PM

Are you really debating the cheer to use IF we beat New Hampshire IF we beat Quinnipiac?

(FWIW, "Screw B.U.!" period, is correct.)

Date: March 21, 2002 06:18PM

Jim:

Thanks for the explanation on the effects of alcohol on the body, but I'm a hockey fan, and one of a Hockey East team, no less, so I'm not so sure I have the intellectual bat speed to get around on a term like "superficial vasodilatation" :-D

Hey, at least I'm relieved that there will only be one "screw" per cheer. Is the primary goal of the Faithful, outside of making continuous noise, to be annoying or enthusiastic -- or both?

Posted by: cquinn (---.bur.adelphia.net)
Date: March 21, 2002 06:25PM

Both. Definitely both. Especially since some opposing fans seem to think enthusiastic=annoying. rolleyes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login