Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Tix at Colgate

Posted by lhayes 
Tix at Colgate
Posted by: lhayes (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 06:20PM

Any sense of ticket availability for Cornell at Colgate this Firday evening? We're thinking of driving up for the home-home two-game series but have little information about tickets at Colgate. Thanks!

Re: Tix at Colgate
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 06:41PM

I have no idea about current availability, but my advice would be get your tickets ASAP. If this year's game is going to be anything like last year's game, then you might end up getting screwed if you attempt to buy tickets at the door just before the start of the game.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---)
Date: January 30, 2005 06:52PM

Cornell office is sold out. Still tickets at Colgate though.

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 06:58PM

NEVER JUST SHOW UP AT COLGATE WITHOUT TICKETS, EVEN IF THE BOX OFFICE SAYS "THERE IS NO WAY WE WILL SELL OUT, DON'T WORRY DEAR." YOU WILL WIND UP SITTING OUTSIDE THE RINK FOR 2 PERIODS BEFORE YOU RUN INTO A DITCH IN THE ROAD BACK TO CORNELL ON THE WAY HOME AND OUR TEAM BUS PASSES YOU.

just my advice

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 07:21PM

Call Colgate and order them over the phone w/ your credit card. They'll sell out at the door, but you shouldn't have problems calling now or in the next couple days and reserving your tickets. Get there early if you don't want to have to squeeze into a mass of people to find a place to stand - of course, then the mass of people will just squeeze in around you.

When Colgate sucked (only a few years ago), Cornell students got a good percentage of the place to themselves. Now the 'Gate students actually go, and I'd be shocked if they weren't way over firecode for the Cornell game.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 07:32PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Call Colgate and order them over the phone w/ your credit card. They'll sell out at the door, but you shouldn't have problems calling now or in the next couple days and reserving your tickets. Get there early if you don't want to have to squeeze into a mass of people to find a place to stand - of course, then the mass of people will just squeeze in around you.

When Colgate sucked (only a few years ago), Cornell students got a good percentage of the place to themselves. Now the 'Gate students actually go, and I'd be shocked if they weren't way over firecode for the Cornell game.[/q]
WARNING: Watch out for the flying Jack Daniels bottles and subsequent death-threats from the belligerently drunk fraternity a$$holes (not that this ever happensuhoh

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 07:39PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:

When Colgate sucked (only a few years ago), Cornell students got a good percentage of the place to themselves. Now the 'Gate students actually go, and I'd be shocked if they weren't way over firecode for the Cornell game.[/Q]
WARNING: Watch out for the flying Jack Daniels bottles and subsequent death-threats from the belligerently drunk fraternity a$$holes (not that this ever happens[/q]
IIRC last year at Starr they were giving free pizza to Colgate students who attended the game. Some of it ended up on the walls and/or on the heads of Cornell fans.

Posted by: Drew042 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 08:10PM

And other flying objects...a few years ago we were pelted by M and M's and empty pizza boxes (albeit we were in the colgate townie section). Cornell had 200 tickets as of last week when I got mine, so if they are indeed sold out, I hope we have a loud and boisterous contingent. See everyone Friday!!!

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 08:19PM

"Worst trip ever"

Date: January 30, 2005 09:00PM

Here's the sign my friends and I found after last year's Colgate game:

And what we thought of said sign:

[OT] Family Guy Theme
Date: January 30, 2005 09:08PM

so i know this has nothing to do with colgate tickets but ... thanks to whomever read my mind and put together the Family Guy piece for the pep band. i've been saying this for about a year (by saying this i mean to myself in my head). i think the crowd liked it seeing as they finished the intro when the band had to stop.:-)

btw … colgate sucks! (had to be said sooner or later)

Posted by: Mer (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 30, 2005 09:25PM

Any idea what section most of the Cornell fans will be in? (Or is the seating there more open than at Lynah?) From what I hear about 'Gate, it sounds like safety in numbers is a good idea.... ;-)

Date: January 30, 2005 09:31PM

IIRC, one side is seats and the other general admission/student section (hence the flying crap). might want to bring a helmet

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 30, 2005 09:32PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:
WARNING: Watch out for the flying Jack Daniels bottles and subsequent death-threats from the belligerently drunk fraternity a$$holes (not that this ever happens[/q]

Not to mention pucks shot into the crowd by Colgate players during warmups. uhoh

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: January 30, 2005 09:56PM

>>> Listen to what A-19 said! <<<
>>> Order now, because they won't take phone orders less than 48 hours (or something like that) before the game! <<<

As someone mentioned, this used to not be a problem. 2 years back (the game that never happened) there were maybe 20 Colgate fans not counting thier band, and a few townies scattered. Last year I guess they suddenly staggered drunkenly over and discovered gee whiz they have some sort of rink and whattayaknow there's a hockey team playing tonight! (I recall discussing with A-19 whether we should go to the local CVS to get the same color marker they were marking people's hands with.) The best was hearing Colgate students talking shit about how Cornell fans shouldnt be there, though we've probly given Colgate hockey more money than they fucking have. Even better was one dissing us for having an arts college, I guess he was too much of a dipshit to realize COLGATE IS A LIBERAL ARTS SCHOOL.

Ah all the Colgate hatred is coming back this week.

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 30, 2005 10:37PM

someone please make a cornell rejects sign

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---)
Date: January 31, 2005 01:54AM

[Q]Mer Wrote:

Any idea what section most of the Cornell fans will be in? (Or is the seating there more open than at Lynah?) From what I hear about 'Gate, it sounds like safety in numbers is a good idea.... [/q]

Almost all the Cornell fans are placed like they are at RPI, in the section behind the net. They oversell the game by several hundred and as a result every fire code in the book is violated. There were no aisles last year at all, just people standing everywhere. Get there as early as possible so you can get a good place to stand.

Date: January 31, 2005 02:11AM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

Almost all the Cornell fans are placed like they are at RPI, in the section behind the net. They oversell the game by several hundred and as a result every fire code in the book is violated. There were no aisles last year at all, just people standing everywhere. Get there as early as possible so you can get a good place to stand.[/q]

Indeed. As much as I love the band, it's no fun having to stand behind the tubas, to which I can personally attest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 02:12AM by Will.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 02:35AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

calgARI '07 Wrote:

Almost all the Cornell fans are placed like they are at RPI, in the section behind the net. They oversell the game by several hundred and as a result every fire code in the book is violated. There were no aisles last year at all, just people standing everywhere. Get there as early as possible so you can get a good place to stand.[/Q]
Indeed. As much as I love the band, it's no fun having to stand behind the tubas, to which I can personally attest.[/q]
Better than standing in front of the percussion.

Date: January 31, 2005 02:53AM

[Q]Section A Banshee Wrote:

Better than standing in front of the percussion.[/q]

Did you at least get to see the game clearly? I didn't. I had to keep shifting left and right to see around the tubas. I don't blame the band at all; they gotta do what they gotta do. I'm not blaming anyone, really. I'm just saying, get there early and get a good seat.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 07:20AM

I have a good friend among the Colgate fan base, so this does not hold for 100% of the crowd. But. Lots of drinking in the Colgate crowd, before and during the game. Also, lots of behavior copied from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Without the irony.

Root hard, stick together, don't linger.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 08:39AM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:
I have a good friend among the Colgate fan base, so this does not hold for 100% of the crowd. But. Lots of drinking in the Colgate crowd, before and during the game....[/q]You say this like you're discovering something new. screwy

Re: directions to 'gate
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 10:25AM

After last year's Mapquest debacle on the way to Hamilton, my crew has now realized we need better directions. What is the simplest and best way to get from Ithaca to Hamilton?

Date: January 31, 2005 11:22AM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:

After last year's Mapquest debacle on the way to Hamilton, my crew has now realized we need better directions. What is the simplest and best way to get from Ithaca to Hamilton?[/q]

I think we also need to remember to bring the proper maps, and lots of them, just in case. ;-)

Date: January 31, 2005 11:43AM

[Q]Will Wrote:
I think we also need to remember to bring the proper maps, and lots of them, just in case.[/q] and/or a baseball bat, a golf club, maybe a lacrosse stick, or ... well you get the picturesmashfreak
for those who have never been please do not think i am joking

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: January 31, 2005 12:21PM

Greg, you got the directions from the old Hitchhiker's Guide handy?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 12:28PM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

Will Wrote:
I think we also need to remember to bring the proper maps, and lots of them, just in case.[/Q]
and/or a baseball bat, a golf club, maybe a lacrosse stick, or ... well you get the picture
for those who have never been please do not think i am joking[/q]

Everyone, he isn't joking. I'm hoping the Colgate fans are going to be more well-behaved than they were last year, but last year, I was physically confronted (i.e. shoved, taunted, etc.) by 4 different fans - 2 in the stands, 1 in the lobby, and 1 by my car when I was leaving. And I know I wasn't the only one.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.epsy.uconn.edu)
Date: January 31, 2005 12:53PM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:
ast year, I was physically confronted (i.e. shoved, taunted, etc.) by 4 different fans - 2 in the stands, 1 in the lobby, and 1 by my car when I was leaving. And I know I wasn't the only one.
[/q]

Two words: Pepper Spray.

Not exactly legal in NYS but hey...

Posted by: RichH (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 01:43PM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:

ben03 Wrote:

Will Wrote:
I think we also need to remember to bring the proper maps, and lots of them, just in case.[/Q]
and/or a baseball bat, a golf club, maybe a lacrosse stick, or ... well you get the picture
for those who have never been please do not think i am joking[/Q]
Everyone, he isn't joking. I'm hoping the Colgate fans are going to be more well-behaved than they were last year, but last year, I was physically confronted (i.e. shoved, taunted, etc.) by 4 different fans - 2 in the stands, 1 in the lobby, and 1 by my car when I was leaving. And I know I wasn't the only one.
[/q]
That could be a very interesting thread by itself...horror stories from Starr. Besides the usual shoving, shoulder-checks, threats of fisticuffs that have happened every time I've been there, I know of bandies who got hit with a glass liquor bottle (during a game), and of course there's the time some Colgate punks were trying to blind our goaltender Jason Elliot during play with a laser pointer. That was the only time I've ever seen Colgate security actually do anything. I got spit on with a juicy loogie from the window of the yellow school bus Colgate sent to Lynah one year....I really should've tipped over the keg they had hanging out the back door. I'm so sick of the harrassment that I've sworn not to go to Starr anymore. It just isn't worth it.

Just take a look under the benches of the Colgate student section after the game.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: January 31, 2005 02:31PM

To be fair, the worst offenders may not be entirely or even primarily Colgate students. There's a large townie contingent, many of them Young Bored Males, and there aint a lot to do in the dark months in Hamilton. Like they say about my own adopted hometown: "hills, whores, and liquor stores."

Posted by: Colgate '04 (64.212.94.---)
Date: January 31, 2005 03:38PM

The way I always take home from Cornell is 366 to 13 to 80 (at Sheds) to 26 (at Georgetown) and a right onto 46 South (which becomes 12B). Directions always either North or East except for the 46 South as noted.

Posted by: Colgate '04 (64.212.94.---)
Date: January 31, 2005 03:43PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

To be fair, the worst offenders may not be entirely or even primarily Colgate students. There's a large townie contingent, many of them Young Bored Males, and there aint a lot to do in the dark months in Hamilton. Like they say about my own adopted hometown: "hills, whores, and liquor stores."[/q]

My only request as a nondrunken Colgate fan is that you all realize there are good Gate fans out there. Maybe not the majority (since the majority of Gate crowds are the students, many of whom are drunk, and a good number of townies) but we exist. If I was in your shoes, I would probably complain about your experiences at Starr too, but just remember that those actions are not representative of everyone.

Posted by: RichH (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 04:23PM

[Q]Colgate '04 Wrote:

My only request as a nondrunken Colgate fan is that you all realize there are good Gate fans out there. [/q]
True enough, and I've met a few. My biggest pet peeve since the college hockey online community really took off is the generalization of fanbases. e.g. "Team X's fans are all obnoxious, boorish, stupid, classless* oafs." All schools have their share of good seeds and also rotten apples. Just varying populations of each type from school to school. Lord knows I've been embarrassed on more than one occasion by Cornell fans in various places...home, away...online...

* don't get me started on how often people used to rant on USCHO, CHDF, and the old Clarkson Round Table on how "classless" every fanbase was. The online community was obsessed with the term "classy" when it came to fans, and you only got that distinction if you knelt down and worshipped your opponent. Thankfully, that no longer seems to be the case (thought admittedly, I don't frequent USCHO too much these days). I think people have realized that if you dig past the colors of the jersey you wear, we're all hockey fans. Now it's just better to make fun of each other's University/College/Institute. (Edit: or the scoreboard. The only thing that really matters. ;-) )
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2005 04:30PM by RichH.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 31, 2005 04:48PM

[Q]Colgate '04 Wrote:

The way I always take home from Cornell is 366 to 13 to 80 (at Sheds) to 26 (at Georgetown) and a right onto 46 South (which becomes 12B). Directions always either North or East except for the 46 South as noted.[/q]
If you want to take slightly bigger roads, should the weather not be great, as has often been the case, you can do:

whatever -> Route 13 -> I-81 N -> Route 20W -> 46S which becomes 12B

Unfortunately I have no idea which is quicker, as I've done each once, but both times in pretty bad to horrible snowy weather. Better luck this year!

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: February 01, 2005 11:40AM

[Q]Colgate '04 Wrote:
My only request as a nondrunken Colgate fan is that you all realize there are good Gate fans out there. Maybe not the majority (since the majority of Gate crowds are the students, many of whom are drunk, and a good number of townies) but we exist. If I was in your shoes, I would probably complain about your experiences at Starr too, but just remember that those actions are not representative of everyone.
[/q]

Exactly my point. And back in the day (late 80's to early 90's), Colgate was actually one of the most initimidating places for an opposing team to skate. Cornell's 4-1 victory over an otherwise perfect at home 'Gate squad in Hamilton in 1990 was a great victory for McCutcheon's boys. Forbodingly, 'Gate later returned the favor in Ithaca, breaking a Big Red 6 game conference win streak (although IIRC that was the game Ross Lemon broke the Cornell record for consecutive games scoring a goal).

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2005 11:58AM

Just called the ticket office, the game is sold out.

Posted by: Pace (---.danicacomputing.com)
Date: February 02, 2005 01:06AM

Haha! You ran into our ditch! Seriously, you know my buddy. You guys ran into the ditch we cleared up for you by running into it first. You should've seen the snow splash. We didn't get passed by the team bus though, just by a cop.

Date: February 02, 2005 01:18AM

[Q]RichH Wrote:

Avash '05 Wrote:

ben03 Wrote:

Will Wrote:
for those who have never been please do not think i am joking[/Q]
[/Q]
That could be a very interesting thread by itself...horror stories from Starr. Besides the usual shoving, shoulder-checks, threats of fisticuffs that have happened every time I've been there, I know of bandies who got hit with a glass liquor bottle (during a game), and of course there's the time some Colgate punks were trying to blind our goaltender Jason Elliot during play with a laser pointer. That was the only time I've ever seen Colgate security actually do anything. I got spit on with a juicy loogie from the window of the yellow school bus Colgate sent to Lynah one year....I really should've tipped over the keg they had hanging out the back door. I'm so sick of the harrassment that I've sworn not to go to Starr anymore. It just isn't worth it.

Just take a look under the benches of the Colgate student section after the game.[/q]

That's the first time I hear of this. Three of my buddies and I were at last year's game. We neglected to get seats ahead of time, so we wound up with standing room. We spent the whole game in front of the glass where the zamboni comes in. We were in full Cornell regalia and didn't experience any harrasment, hardly even verbal, and we were surrounded by Colgate fans.

All the same, I won't wear my all-star game jersey to Colgate...

Re: [OT] Family Guy Theme
Posted by: ajec1 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 02, 2005 08:08PM

The person that arranged it is Nathan Olson '05. By the way, the smattering of applause that we received was nice (as for the singing, that was freakin awesome).

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 03, 2005 11:01AM

Up 81 to Lafayette (exit 15) and then 20 west is definitely my preferred route. One good reason? Have dinner at the Brae Loch in Cazenovia on the way there, or drinks there on the way back. (I'm more likely to do the latter.) They're right on the corner with the blinky traffic light as you're coming into Cazenovia and turning right.

Hey, let's fill up their bar after the game Friday... decent variety of bottled and draft beers, pool table, outstanding scotch selection. (After all, it's a Scottish B&B.)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 05:42PM

[Q]mha Wrote:

Up 81 to Lafayette (exit 15) and then 20 west is definitely my preferred route. One good reason? Have dinner at the Brae Loch in Cazenovia on the way there, or drinks there on the way back. (I'm more likely to do the latter.) They're right on the corner with the blinky traffic light as you're coming into Cazenovia and turning right.

Hey, let's fill up their bar after the game Friday... decent variety of bottled and draft beers, pool table, outstanding scotch selection. (After all, it's a Scottish B&B.)[/q]But I think the Brewster Inn, on 20 at south end of the lake before the Brae Loch, has better food, and certainly a better wine selection.

Date: February 03, 2005 08:39PM

I think section 8 is the one reserved for Cornell fans.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2005 09:57PM

I may have tix for Gate. See ticket exchange.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 04, 2005 04:55PM

According to USCHO fan postings...

[board.uscho.com]

"Tickets for students (1000 were held) opened at 3:30 and was sold out by 3:55. That's a little over 1/3 of the student body."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login