Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

**Tix Available Thru CU**

Posted by lls15 
**Tix Available Thru CU**
Posted by: lls15 (132.236.172.---)
Date: March 19, 2002 12:50PM

The Cornelll athletic ticket office has tickets available for the NCAA men's hockey East regional which takes place this weekend (March 23-24) in Worcester, Mass.

The tickets are sold as a two-day package only and are $50 each.

Tickets can be purchased in person at Bartels Hall or by calling 607-254-BEAR (2327).

Re: **Tix Available Thru CU**
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: March 19, 2002 12:59PM

Gee, that's a big help for everyone the ticket office firmly booted in the direction of TicketShafter yesterday rolleyes

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.73.252.64.snet.net)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:02PM

Once again, anyone want up to 5 Sunday tickets? If I can give away a good portion of them, I'll gladly buy the two day pack. Otherwise I'll be stuck in the nosebleed seats I got through TM yesterday.

-Fred, DeltaOne81 '03

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.73.252.64.snet.net)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:03PM

Um, well, not give away, sell, for a resonable price :-)

Posted by: melissa '01 (---.ip.termserv.net)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:15PM

yeah. just want to say thanks to the ticket office for once again leading everyone astray. way to go. instead of having the boisterous fans close enough to the ice to make their presence known we are well away from the action (not complaining Mark - thanks so much for getting us tix. you are the bomb!) in a very important tourney. As it was more or less known by sat evening that we would in fact make it to the regionals (and that we'd likely be east) couldn't you have figured out how many extras you'd have and sold them when the demand was high? Most of the families attending know in advance whether or not they'll be going. How hard is it anyway to compile a yes if its east and no if its west and vice versa list. shame on you once again.

sorry but this is REALLY frustrating to people who have been going to games all year and showoing their support.

Posted by: CUlater '89 (64.244.223.---)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:17PM

How 'bout a little graciousness for Laura coming here and formally notifying us?

Anyway, from the discussions here yesterday, it was clear to me at least that there would be tickets available for the relatively small travel contingent and based on browsing the Ticketmaster website, it was clear that the seats would be much better through the CU ticket office. Of course, if you have a large group, like some of the posters here, it is/was a good idea to go through Ticketmaster, just based on the numbers of tickets likely to be available through the respective places. But for someone like me, who needs only 4 seats, it was no problem to wait until 10 today to call back and purchase the seats.

I'm sure everyone in the 100s will make sure to waive to you and yours. ;-)

Posted by: A-19 (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 01:23PM

like i posted before, i also got tix thru CU and have an extra in the 100s for sunday's game, if anyone wants to buy it

-mike

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 02:17PM

I watched the NCAA final from the nose bleeds in the Fleet Center a few years ago, and it was great. Don't worry -- as long as you have friends around you you could be sitting with your head scraping the roof and it will still be fun.

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 02:31PM

I watched the NCAA final from the nose bleeds in the Fleet Center a few years ago, and it was great. Don't worry -- as long as you have friends around you you could be sitting with your head scraping the roof and it will still be fun.
I agree, Greg. The 3 NCAA weekends I've been to ('97 Western regional, and the Frozen Fours in Anaheim and Albany) I had nosebleed seats, and still had a blast.

Of course it would've been great to get all CU fans together in one unified block, but that's not how it worked out. A good number of us were worried that we'd get shut out, so we didn't feel like gambling with the CU allotment. Frankly, I'm not blaming the ticket office for this one, since as of noon yesterday they probably had as much of an idea what was going to happen with the NCAA as we did. In another thread, Laura mentioned a conference call with the NCAA that happened Monday afternoon...that's probably the first time they had any information at all.

I'm happy I'm going, will still yell my freaking lungs out, and will probably run laps around the arena if Cornell wins.

Date: March 19, 2002 02:48PM

Considering that we have this excellent forum in which we participate all season long, maybe we can set up some sort of "register to be in the eLF bloc" the next time we are faced with the problem (hopefully, next season).

If we each wrote a check for the anticipated cost to a single "ticket agent" (it could be any one of us) in February, then as soon as we knew we were IN the agent could purchase a bloc for everybody registered at that point and then cash the checks. It would definitely be fun to sit with 40+ Cornellians in a single rectangular bloc, no matter where it was located.

Posted by: Brunke (216.133.203.---)
Date: March 19, 2002 02:52PM

Just a thought: the frozen four is sold out according to USCHO, so if a team were to make it that their fans were hopeful for but did not buy tickets because they werent sure, would that school have an allotment of seats? can't make this weekend, damn tests, but would be able to make minnesota.......

Date: March 19, 2002 03:08PM

I'm in SF for the semi, but you can bet I will fly to St. Paul with or without tickets if we make the final -- I'm sure I can find a security guard to let me in for less than the price of my plane ticket, and for goodness' sake, think about what we're talking about here.

Posted by: jason (---.paulhastings.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 03:36PM

Delta,

Are you still looking to unload 5 Sunday tickets? If I can get 5 grouped together, I may be able to buy them from you (need to check with a couple other people). Let me know and I'll check. Thanks.

If you don't want to post here, you can email me at: letsgored@yahoo.com

Date: March 19, 2002 04:02PM

Greg. I know that you are right. All seats will be terrific just cause they are located in the building we all want to be in. Just wish that we could have everyone together ( tho technically i know that at there'll be at least a few cornellians sitting nearby thanks to Mark buying that small block) and that we could prevent a unified front. We're all going to have to be extra loud so that the team will know that we are there for support.

WRT st. Paul. If we make it I believe there is a small student ticket allotment but expect it to be the same as what just happened. Whatever few the parents don't want are up for grabs and you just have to be one of the lucky ones. Also you could likely buy them from a scalper. Whatever it takes....:-)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.udar.columbia.edu)
Date: March 19, 2002 04:06PM

On the off-chance we do make it, I think that there might actually have been enough of us who bought 2 or 4 tickets to the Frozen Four on spec that there will be enough for some of the usual suspects to get in on them. In addition, fans of teams who expected (read: "deserved";) to make it but didn't will often sell their tix on eBay and you don't always have to pay a huge premium for them.

If we actually make it to St. Paul, it's far less likely that we'll have a unified fan base in terms of block seating, but that's a small price to pay for being there at all. I wouldn't worry about simply not being able to find tickets.

Beeeej

Date: March 19, 2002 04:08PM

Just out of curiosity. How many of you tried to get FF tix but were refused? I know that Judy did. Does it usually take a few tries. If you get them once are they easier to get in the future?

Posted by: Beeeej (---.udar.columbia.edu)
Date: March 19, 2002 04:11PM

Yes, considerably. They base your priority on the number of times you've attended the FF out of the last five - I'd had tickets to two (which is all that matters, even though I'd only attended one). Unfortunately, they have no way of knowing if you bought tickets via any method other than the lottery a year in advance - so that's what matters. Getting in as a first-time attendee through the lottery is just going to get harder and harder.

Beeeej

Date: March 19, 2002 04:18PM

Damn! OK. Thanks.

Frozen Four Tickets
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: March 19, 2002 04:30PM

Don't worry. It's easy to get FF tix. I actually had to lose money just to unload mine from last year. When teams start dropping out, they'll become quite easy to get for face value from ebay, USCHO, etc. Let's worry about getting there first.

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: March 19, 2002 04:43PM

Actually, if you look on USCHO, there are already a number of people trying to sell FF tickets. Strangely, many of them appear to be UNH fans. (Seriously.)

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 19, 2002 04:50PM

It's frustrating, but this time I don't think it's really the ticket office's fault. They honestly didn't have any way of knowing how many tickets they'd have available, and I think the RIGHT thing for them to do was to say so... and to say if we wanted to be sure of getting tickets, we should call TicketMaster right away.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 08:29PM

Look, why are you all saying you can't sit with CU even though you bought through TMX? The Hvd & UM fans are likely to move on out after the first game, that is if there are any Hvd fans. So move on down and join us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login