Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Hahvahd vs. Maine

Posted by Josh '99 
Hahvahd vs. Maine
Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 01:39PM

I'm curious who people (that is to say, Cornell fans) will be rooting for in this game. It'd be nice to see the ECAC teams do well, but personally I'm going to have a hard time rooting for Hahvahd after last Saturday's loss. (Though maybe it'd be nice to see Cornell and Hahvahd both come out of the East regional just to stick it to all the arrogant Hockey East fans on USCHO.) What thoughts are people having on this?

Re: Hahvahd vs. Maine
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: March 18, 2002 01:42PM

Anyone who can't conceive rooting for Harvard should spend about 5 minutes on the USCHO Forum and I guarantee you'll find a way to just go pro-ECAC.

Posted by: JordanCS (132.236.144.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 01:45PM

Well, here's the deal. I want CU to go further than Harvard in the tourny, so if CU wins the whole thing, it'd be fine to have harvard make it to the Semis so we can kill them there. That said, I can not bring my self to cheer for the Crimson at any point, unless the Red are not in the picture.

For the east teams in the Frozen Four, I'd like to see either Cornell-BU, or Cornell-HU, not Cornell-Maine. We've already beaten BU this year, so we know it can be done, and I'm sure everyone would like some revenge against Harvard. However, I don't really care who we play, as long as we stay in it. I just want to beat Quin. on Saturday and go from there.

Jordan

Posted by: FRED'83 (---.northgrum.com)
Date: March 18, 2002 02:04PM

MAINE BEAT Quinnipiac 9-0 IN NOV.
WHILE I'M SURE THEY HAVE IMPROVED SINCE THEN THE ? IS BY HOW MUCH! ALSO, Quinnipiac LOST EVERY NON-CONF. GAME (PROVIDENCE, NAIGARA, RIP, UNH AND MSU TWICE). BUT RIP (2OT) AND NIAGARA WERE 1 GOAL GAMES AND MSU DID NOT BLOW THEM AWAY. WE SHOULD NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY. GO BEG RED!

Posted by: melissa '01 (---.ip.termserv.net)
Date: March 18, 2002 02:09PM

for Cornell to get to the FF tey are going to have to beat not only Quinnipiac but UNH. The second one is a TALL order. I don't particularly like harvard right now but i guess i'm gonna have to search for a way to root for them before this week-end. i'd like to see an ECAC team in the FF to shut up all the westerners and a lot of the HE elitists and sadly harvard might end up being our best chance.

Date: March 18, 2002 02:12PM

UNH lost to RPI. 'nuff said. Cornell's more than capable of smothering irritating little HE players. Maine's on a big roll and they'll probably mop up with Harvard. Cornell-UNH (should Cornell win Sat) should be a good, close game.

Posted by: Craine (63.107.247.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 02:27PM

I agree that Cornell should be capable of beating a team like UNH, but the logic just doesn't work there...

Yes, RPI beat UNH, but that means nothing... As someone on USCHO noted, using that same logic, UNH beat Dartmouth and Dartmouth beat Cornell twice...

I'm really looking forward to Sat/Sun, but just hope we don't overlook QC...

Date: March 18, 2002 02:37PM

My point wasn't that RPI beat UNH so therefore we would beat UNH. My point was that if they could lose to RPI, they can be beaten. If I hear someone use the words play, paper, and ice in a sentence again I'm going to go postal. So I was avoiding it.

Posted by: Craine (63.107.247.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 03:03PM

Fair enough... As we proved on Saturday night, any team can beat/lose to any other team on any given night...

UNH is certainly beatable, as are we... I just got my tix. for the weekend, so I'm now pretty psyched up and hoping we have lots of success in Worcester, then on to the Frozen Four...

Date: March 18, 2002 03:04PM

good point Age.... but everyone is entitled to a bad nite. was sacred heart better than us last year?? ;-)

Date: March 18, 2002 03:08PM

ok. you have more than one good point Age( i should have finished reading the other posts first). UNH is beatable. just hope that the big red come out swinging this weekend. the HE guys do need to be taught a lesson and hopefully cornell will be the team to do it.

Posted by: CUlater '89 (64.244.223.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 03:44PM

Of course they can be beaten, every team can be beaten in theory rolleyes

Except, it turned out, the '69-'70 Cornell hockey team, natch.

Date: March 18, 2002 04:14PM

Case in point: rolleyes

Hockey East teams turn into fire-hardened steel during the 2nd half of the season after they have time to mesh and play other Hockey East teams. Harvard (and presumably Cornell) will learn the true Nature of the Force soon. They are pampered and protected fans of pampered and protected players in a pampered and protected (for the all important 2nd half of the season) conference named EZAC. And how many Beanpots (or even Beanpot games) has Harvard won recently?

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: March 18, 2002 04:33PM

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. Many of them are homeristic idiots. I'll probably wind up rooting for Harvard... it's just... unnatural.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 19, 2002 05:39AM

It's funny how these things sometimes just take you over. I remember being absolutely certain I was rooting for Minnesota in their final with Harvard in 1989, considering how they had been brutalizing us for years, until the first Harvard goal. Then I realized I was more of an ECAC fan than a Harvard hater.

Of course, if I had to choose between one extra Cornell advance and any other ECAC team winning it all, I'd take the Big Red win in an instant.

Posted by: jy3 (---.umd.edu)
Date: March 19, 2002 02:15PM

never thought i would say this but...
GO CRIMSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)
let us have two ecac wins in the first round. hope they continue to live up to preseason expectations post-ecac tourney
:-D

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.tnt7.baton-rouge.la.da.uu.net)
Date: March 20, 2002 12:00AM

I'm hoping for Hahvahd to upset Maine and then get the crap kicked out of them by BU, along with Cornell handling Quinnipiac (let's throw in a hat trick for Knoepfli for good measure) and then shocking UNH, setting up a Cornell-BU semifinal in St. Paul. Not too likely, but that's my dream result for the Eastern Regional. (I would rather not see a Cornell-Hahvahd rematch this season, because once you've lost the league championship, it seems hollow to take revenge in the NCAAs.)

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2002 12:14AM

Yeah. . .I totally agree, we'll just kick the f*ck$ng S!@t out of them next year. . .I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: CUlater '89 (64.244.223.---)
Date: March 20, 2002 11:49AM

"(I would rather not see a Cornell-Hahvahd rematch this season, because once you've lost the league championship, it seems hollow to take revenge in the NCAAs.)"

Really? Do you think the Kansas men's basketball team feels the same way about Oklahoma?

Posted by: tml5 (---.piscataway-16rh15rt.nj.dial-access.att.net)
Date: March 20, 2002 01:26PM

Age writes:

If I hear someone use the words play, paper, and ice in a sentence again I'm going to go postal.

I think that if Cornell plays UNH, the game should be decided by having the team captains and coaches play rock-paper-scissors at center ice.

nut

Sorry Age, I couldn't resist. :-P

Posted by: Keith K (---.lmco.com)
Date: March 20, 2002 02:25PM

I don't really care what the kansas fans think. I agree with John though.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.tnt9.baton-rouge.la.da.uu.net)
Date: March 23, 2002 12:04AM

Do you think I give a rat's ass about the basketball teams from Kansas or Oklahoma? :-P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login