Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

No free audio for Cornell@Union?

Posted by jtwcornell91 
No free audio for Cornell@Union?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 04:42PM

Is that correct?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: No free audio for Cornell@Union?
Posted by: RedAR (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 05:14PM

damnit, all week long, i was assuming i'd be able to listen in. :-(

Posted by: KenP (192.133.17.---)
Date: January 14, 2005 05:16PM

I can't even get the wruc.union.edu link to come up. :`(

Does anyone know if you can pay for single game feeds from Cornell, or do you have to sign up for the whole f'ing month?

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 06:47PM

The whole f'ing month is $7 and you used to pay $5 a game. Aren't Cornellians paying thirty grand a year for the Cornell experience? What's $7 on top of that? How much is a pre-rolled joint now on campus? Which is more satisfying? (And doesn't give you the munchies?)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 06:50PM

For audio we used to pay nothing, before Athletics introduced their wonderful new business model. :-(

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 06:59PM

Now, granted that they are ripping us off because they can, and their service is no better and in fact often worse than the free version which they hijacked, and their hypocrisy and self-serving empty rhetoric would make a politician blush.... well... honestly, what do you expect? They're a business. When they have something they can sell instead of giving it away, that's what they'll do.

Cornell Hockey is a higher calling. Cornell University is a Walmart. Shrug.

Posted by: KenP (192.133.17.---)
Date: January 14, 2005 07:04PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

The whole f'ing month is $7 and you used to pay $5 a game. Aren't Cornellians paying thirty grand a year for the Cornell experience? What's $7 on top of that? How much is a pre-rolled joint now on campus? Which is more satisfying? (And doesn't give you the munchies?) [/q]

$7 is a lot for a single game. Besides, I plan on listening to RPI's [no sarcasm] excellent broadcasters tomorrow night.

You can watch individual games for $5 but you can't listen to just one? I know they're different services from different companies, but still!

When I was at Cornell it was only $20K per year. Except for this weekend, I can't really listen to games until my girls are in bed ~8pm central time. That's normally halfway through the 3rd, so it doesn't make sense to pay for 1/6 or less of a game.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 07:04PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

For audio we used to pay nothing, before Athletics introduced their wonderful new business model.[/q]
But you can watch CU-OSU wrestling free this Sunday. screwy

Date: January 14, 2005 07:07PM

Teach your girls to like hockey, maybe? I've got my older, the hockey player, off with a friend playing backyard hockey, the younger one is watching Simpsons or similar, and my wife is lamenting her best, single, friend's lack of male companionship. Got the game all to myself. Maybe if I'm lucky we can ditch the kids, drive up Saturday, and see the RPI game in person. My first date with my wife was a Cornell NCAA game. Big Red lost but I won. How romantic.

Date: January 14, 2005 07:17PM

At 6:50 EST, I just clicked on the Real Networks connection and the game showed up for free, which has me suspicious I signed up for the whole season or for an automatically renewing monthly subscription and it's not really free.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: January 14, 2005 07:51PM

Bill,

At the beginning of the year I received a message from RealNetworks informing me that they could not renew my subscription because my credit card expired......I never asked to have my subscription renewed. I suspect that you are being charged.

In the spirit of Mrs. Fields or Nieman Marcus cookie recipes, maybe you want to share:)

This is the only game of the year that would require a Real Networks subscription. I am tempted, but I will sit it out.

Roy
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2005 07:51PM by Roy 82.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 07:56PM

[Q]I never asked to have my subscription renewed. I suspect that you are being charged.
[/Q]

Just when I think I've canceled everything from Real Networks, some renewed charge appears on my CC bill. pissed

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 16, 2005 03:45PM

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

Now, granted that they are ripping us off because they can, and their service is no better and in fact often worse than the free version which they hijacked, and their hypocrisy and self-serving empty rhetoric would make a politician blush.... well... honestly, what do you expect? They're a business. When they have something they can sell instead of giving it away, that's what they'll do.

Cornell Hockey is a higher calling. Cornell University is a Walmart. Shrug.[/q]

And this is exactly why I absolutely refuse to use this service. Add on all the failures of service, billing "glitches," etc. and I'm quite happy that I haven't wasted my money to this "service" that replaced a perfectly reliable, viable and free broadcast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login