Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Article about Texas goaltenders

Posted by pfibiger 
Article about Texas goaltenders
Posted by: pfibiger (---.dfafunds.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 11:11AM

An article from the Albany Times-Union about Andrew Martin from RPI and Dave McKee, the first ever meeting of D1 goaltenders from Texas.

[timesunion.com]

Re: Article about Texas goaltenders
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 12:52PM

Nicely written story. McKee has devoted parents:

>>> McKee's parents, Carl and Pat, haven't missed a game since. They've immersed themselves in Cornell's puck-crazed community and spread the hockey gospel at home. They have a rental house in Ithaca and bring friends to David's games at Lynah Rink, the Fenway Park of college hockey.

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe," Carl said. "I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink."

(Fenway Park of college hockey. So ... why not us?)

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 01:04PM

I think I just found a sig line for USCHO.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 01:15PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
(Fenway Park of college hockey. So ... why not us?)
[/q]
Uh...no. Fenway is my favorite baseball park, and the fan-created atmosphere in Lynah blows it away. The closest baseball analogy I can think of is the RF bleachers at Yankee Stadium with their pre-game roll call, songs, chants, and organized clapping cheers. And even that doesn't come close to Lynah.

Here's my list of best baseball fan atmospheres:
1) any Japanese park (they have bands and songs!)
2) RF bleachers, Yankee Stadium
3) LF bleachers, Wrigley Field (best taunting)
4) LF outfield seats, Oakland (with the drum guys and flags)

Hell, the LF at Wrigley is so well organized, they even had a website and newsletter for people to pre-plan their heckles based on what visiting left-fielder was coming to town. I once watched a guy, armed with only a sign made out of a paper plate heckle Barry Bonds for both games of a double header. When Bonds trotted out after hitting his 3rd HR of the day, he ripped into him, "Hey, that one didn't go as far as the other 2...whussamatter? You tired??" It looks like the old website, [www.rightfieldsucks.com] now points to their humor newsletter, The Heckler. Pretty damn funny, too.

Edit: the RFS.com main url goes to The Heckler, but other pages on the site are still up. Check out the "Heckle Zone" [www.rightfieldsucks.com] where users are encouraged to formulate taunts based on "fun facts" about the incoming LF. "The Daily Suck" is a blog. And there is a "heckle hall of fame." [www.rightfieldsucks.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2005 01:25PM by RichH.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 01:24PM

he may not have been talking about the cheers but how close you are to the playing surface.

Re: Japanese Ballparks
Date: January 14, 2005 05:49PM

Gotta diagree with you about Japanese ballpark. My experience was that there are 30,000 people who politely clap along, but don't shout a single thing at the ballplayers. They may have bands and songs, but only about 100 people participate. The rest of the stadium looks at them like they have three heads. After all it's impolite to stand out.

We took a group of Japanese businessmen to an Orioles-Bluejays game at Camden Yards back when both teams were competitive. Their reaction: "It was very...loud."

Re: Japanese Ballparks
Date: January 14, 2005 06:28PM

[Going further OT] The Japanese thought *our* game of baseball was very loud? The bleeping Tokyo Dome is what's loud. Actually, it's the indoor park that's what's loud.

It was kind of neat, having competing-brand beer girls (I think in Japan that's the term) running up and down with keg-backpacks with hoses on the kegs, and kneepads, because they kneel on the concrete to siphon out the beer. I don't know if that's subservience or for better sight lines, but it is, and the visiting roundeyes often get great merriment commenting on what the keypads might be for. Each team has one group of fans who seem like college students, waving pennants and loudly playing instruments even when their team is down 8-2 in the seventh.

The Japanese ballparks have their share of sad drunks, but I never saw any violent drunks. Also, I think it's safe to order the sushi in Osaka. Don't try that at, say, Wrigley Field.

---

By the way the quote was from McKee's dad about Lynah being like Fenway. I just passed it along.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 14, 2005 09:40PM

Is the author of this piece a former writer for The Crimson? The name is familiar.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 09:44PM

[Q]Chris '03 Wrote:

Is the author of this piece a former writer for The Crimson? The name is familiar. [/q]

Same name. Could there really be two of 'em?

Date: January 14, 2005 10:00PM

John Paul Morosi is not that common of a name, and the article was very well written for a paper the size of Albany's. For all the J-schools in the world, the Harvard Crimson, Cornell Sun, Stanford Daily Cardinal, Michigan Daily, etcetera, turn out about half the world's journalists. Actually, the colleges do, b/c some of the great ones never worked for the papers.

With all respect to Syracuse/Newhouse School, writing isn't all that hard. Not rocket science. It's five W's and an H. It's finding stuff to write about, digging, and making it interesting, that's hard.

Remember: If journalism was really hard, it wouldn't be journalists doing it.

(Ask me how I know.)

Posted by: Jon Morosi (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2005 12:35AM

Right on, Bill. Writing's not rocket science. I mean, if a Harvard guy can do it, how hard could it possibly be?

Thanks for reading ...

Yours in hockey,
jpm

Date: January 15, 2005 08:33AM

One can think of Albany as a pleasant enough (in summer) waystation en route to a decently regarded paper such as Chicago, Philadelphia, New York (if you can learn to write real dry and to be shocked, shocked at steroids in sports), or the mother ship of great sportswsriting, the Globe. Seriously, it is nice to see good writing outside Sports Illustrated or the Globe. Meanwhile do some good there. Too bad about no weekends off for the rest of your life.

Tom Wolfe endured a year or two in Springfield, Mass., before being told he was not cut out to be a writer and urged to move on. Such judges of talent. I have friends who have been there 20-years on now (once you have kids it's hard for two people to move on to another paper jointly) and they've done their best to make the paper as good as it can be, but there always have been constraints on money, on (allegedly) what readers want to read, shrinking edit well, competition from weeklies and suburban dailies, etcetera.

Enron Math at the WSJ
Posted by: jeh25 (---.public.uconn.edu)
Date: January 19, 2005 09:32AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

writing isn't all that hard. Not rocket science. It's five W's and an H. It's finding stuff to write about, digging, and making it interesting, that's hard.

(Ask me how I know.) [/q]

How about simple math skills? Is that too much to ask for?

I found a glaring math error in a WSJ article from this weekend.

They claimed the break even point for the added cost on the MB E320 CDI is 40k miles. They're just a bit off; the correct number is 28350. That's not exactly a rounding error...

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: January 19, 2005 11:37AM

Writing isn't hard.

Good writing, on the other hand...

Re: Enron Math at the WSJ
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2005 05:24PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:

writing isn't all that hard. Not rocket science. It's five W's and an H. It's finding stuff to write about, digging, and making it interesting, that's hard.

(Ask me how I know.) [/Q]

They claimed the break even point for the added cost on the MB E320 CDI is 40k miles. They're just a bit off; the correct number is 28350. That's not exactly a rounding error...[/q]

OK, I'll bite the added cost of what? The fancy trunk insignia? For those of us who can barely guess that you're talking about a Mercedes please shed a little light.

Also no short cuts, I want to see all your calculations or I'm only giving you partial credit!;-)

BTW, this reminds me of a local CPA that put out a newsletter years ago in which he "proved" that you could make money by borrowing it at 15% and getting a 10% return on the amount you borrowed. He and I went back and forth a few times before I showed him that he didn't quite understand the time value of money. No matter, he replied because most people prefer to have the cash now.

His projected retirement age is..... yark

Date: January 19, 2005 05:40PM

"Dying is easy. Comedy is hard"

Date: January 19, 2005 05:43PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

billhoward Wrote:

writing isn't all that hard. Not rocket science. It's five W's and an H. It's finding stuff to write about, digging, and making it interesting, that's hard. ... remember: If journalism was really hard, it wouldn't be journalists doing it. ...
(Ask me how I know.) [/Q]

They claimed the break even point for the added cost on the MB E320 CDI is 40k miles. They're just a bit off; the correct number is 28350. That's not exactly a rounding error...[/q]

Didn't see the article yet but if it's time to get back your investment on a diesel motor, it could vary depending on projected gas vs. diesel cost per driving mile and if the reporter was really sharp he'd include in a time value of the money not spent for the diesel (that calculation never happens). The Journal's auto writers, the main ones, especially Joe Healey, are bright guys, and they are like pit bulls when they sense a weakness in GM or Chrysler earnings and they're getting BS'd by the executives, which happens -- well, all the time. They're fine on math. Don't know about some others. BTW, the Journal's auto writers don't seem to (all) hate cars, which is not something you can say about other "transportation" writers at big papers and magazines.

As a reporter way back, I carried an HP35C to do math and the nice thing was, no one ever asked to borrow it a second time. Word got around: "What good is it? No "equals" key." I tried to help a reporter from Smith or Holyoke (she was cute, I was hopeful) with some city budget figures. It was like $88 million up from $82 million. We devided 88/82 and I showed her the display: 1.07something. "So the budget will go up 1.07%? That's not so bad when you do it as a percentage," she said.

Date: January 19, 2005 05:44PM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

"Dying is easy. Comedy is hard"[/q]

You mean, like:

"What's the secret of " -- "Timing!" -- "great comedy?"

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 19, 2005 08:00PM

[Q]Bill said:
Didn't see the article yet but if it's time to get back your investment on a diesel motor, it could vary depending on projected gas vs. diesel cost per driving mile and if the reporter was really sharp he'd include in a time value of the money not spent for the diesel (that calculation never happens). The Journal's auto writers, the main ones, especially Joe Healey, are bright guys, and...They're fine on math
[/q]

[q]Marty said:
OK, I'll bite the added cost of what? The fancy trunk insignia? For those of us who can barely guess that you're talking about a Mercedes please shed a little light.

Also no short cuts, I want to see all your calculations or I'm only giving you partial credit!
[/q]

Sorry. Yes, I was talking about the payback time on the new common rail direction diesel engine in the Mercedes Benz E-class. I really wasn't looking to beat the fuel economy horse anymore, but since you asked... ;)

For the gearheads in the room, this ain't your fathers oldsmobile (ie loud and slow). The E320 CDI does 0-60 in 6.8s, 0.3s *faster* than the gasoline version. The CDI is 2 decibels louder at idle (44 v. 42 dB) and 4 decibles quieter at full-throttle (72 vs 76 dB). Can you tell I want one?

Anyway, as per the article, the CDI costs $575 more than the gasoline version. They assumed that both diesel and gasoline were both $2/gallon. This is not a bad assumption averaged over a year as diesel is more in winter but cheaper in summer. I then used EPA combined numbers from www.fueleconomy.gov. The CDI gets 30 (27/37) while the gas V6 gets 23 (20/28). So where does that leave us?

Gas  28339 miles / 23 mpg = 1232.13 gallons x $2/gallon = $2464.26
CDI  28339 miles / 30 mpg =  944.63 gallons x $2/gallon = $1889.27
                                                        -------------
                                                          $574.99 saved on fuel

Thus, at 28339 miles, the CDI owner has made up the extra cost on the engine.

At 40k, the CDI owner is ahead by $236 and has used 406 less gallons of fuel.
At 60k, the CDI owner is up $642 and has used 609 less gallons of fuel.

For comparison, break even on the Passat TDI occurs even sooner. VW only charges $205 more for the TDI over the 1.8T so you break even at just 13239 miles. burnout

In short, Japanese hybrids are very cool, but modern German turbodiesels get the job done much cheaper and you don't need to wait a year to get one. Meanwhile, Detroit just doesn't get it. Jeep charges an extra $1,635 for the CRD Liberty. Better yet, Ford charges an extra $5100 on the F250. screwy

(And for the record, Micaela is working the 6pm to 9am Labor and Delivery shift at the hospital, so no, I don't have anything better to do.)

jh
--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2005 10:14PM by jeh25.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 19, 2005 08:21PM

Just to be nit-picky, did the WSJ include any of the details of their 40k calculation? You have a number of variable parameters in there that effect the result. If they used different numbers their results may be different but it wouldn't be a "math error". (Yes, the difference is very significant so you'd need very different input, but I'm just saying...)

Date: January 19, 2005 09:21PM

A straight MPG comparison would be off, say, if you commuted in LA/Orange County. Diesels use virtually no fuel idling or moving slowly, which is why Europeans love them as taxicabs.

I drove the BMW turbodiesel in Europe this summer and it *hauls*. And it's being superceded by a twin-sequential turbodiesel that is a tick or two faster than Mercedes, in the range of 6 seconds 0-60 in a 5 Series. The two turbos are in line, a tiny one that spools up in a hurry off the line and a bigger one for oomph once you're, say, passing somebody else. No matter what decibel figures you're quoted, inside the cockpit there is essentially no difference vs. gasoline-fueled, and outside you do hear a bit more clatter than a gasoline engine, enough to be noticeable to American ears but not to Europeans used to noisier diesels.

Prius and so forth are the poster children for fuel economy and clean air, but diesels may have a greater impact, especially now that we've go low-sulfur fuel coming in 2006. Europeans love diesels because they are concerned about global as much or more so than emissions, whereas American rules pretty much focus on fuel economy.

Americans will pay thousands not hundreds more for diesels - when you put them in crew cab pickups that haul 7500-pound boats and need lots of torque.

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2005 10:36PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

"Dying is easy. Comedy is hard"[/Q]
You mean, like:

"What's the secret of " -- "Timing!" -- "great comedy?" [/q]

laugh

Tragedy is what happens to me. Comedy is what happens to you.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 19, 2005 10:47PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Just to be nit-picky, did the WSJ include any of the details of their 40k calculation? You have a number of variable parameters in there that effect the result.
[/q]

Valid question. They did not.

[q]
If they used different numbers their results may be different but it wouldn't be a "math error". (Yes, the difference is very significant so you'd need very different input, but I'm just saying...)[/q]

Absolutely.

However, as a reality check, I recalculated the break even point assuming 100% city and 100% highway miles as the 2 extremes. 100% city gets you a break even point of 22179 miles while 100% highway is 33095 miles. (This seemed backwards to me until I realized that greater highway efficiency for both means a lower cost per mile, meaning you need more miles to make up the $575 difference.)

Anyway, unless they made some really wierd ass assumptions, I just don't see how they arrived at 40k miles. You can't drive more than 100% highway. And if they made wierd ass nonintuitive assumptions, they should have told us so.

Date: January 19, 2005 11:11PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:
Anyway, unless they made some really wierd ass assumptions, I just don't see how they arrived at 40k miles. You can't drive more than 100% highway. And if they made wierd ass nonintuitive assumptions, they should have told us so.[/q]
If maintenance costs were higher with the diesel, it would push out the breakeven point.

Posted by: Gabe Heafitz 98 04 (---.hbo.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 11:08AM

[Q]RichH wrote:
[/Q]
Continuing off-topic discussion...

Rich, let's just say that I heartily disagree with you. The Oakland Athletics' fan base is downright pathetic, and a great deal of those who do show up for games show no class whatsoever. The Coliseum wasn't even half full for the deciding game of the playoff series against the Yanks in 2001. Even espn.com included a note after that game about how the A's fans were characteristically absent.

I don't hate the Red Sox, but I thoroughly detest the Mets and the A's.

(whew... Okay, deep breath...)

Baseball Fandom [OT]
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 11:48AM

[Q]Gabe Heafitz 98 04 Wrote:
Rich, let's just say that I heartily disagree with you. The Oakland Athletics' fan base is downright pathetic, and a great deal of those who do show up for games show no class whatsoever. The Coliseum wasn't even half full for the deciding game of the playoff series against the Yanks in 2001. Even espn.com included a note after that game about how the A's fans were characteristically absent.

I don't hate the Red Sox, but I thoroughly detest the Mets and the A's.[/q]Wow, that part about the Mets certainly seemed to be a non sequitur... uhoh

Date: January 20, 2005 01:18PM

[q]Rich, let's just say that I heartily disagree with you. The Oakland Athletics' fan base is downright pathetic, and a great deal of those who do show up for games show no class whatsoever. The Coliseum wasn't even half full for the deciding game of the playoff series against the Yanks in 2001. Even espn.com included a note after that game about how the A's fans were characteristically absent. [/q]My feeling is that the Atheltics fans base is pretty good - such as the guys with the drums. It's just very small.

Date: January 20, 2005 01:27PM

[q]Anyway, unless they made some really wierd ass assumptions, I just don't see how they arrived at 40k miles. You can't drive more than 100% highway. And if they made wierd ass nonintuitive assumptions, they should have told us so. [/q]There's also the price of fuel. A quick web search (http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html) shows that the average US gas price is about $1.80 right now. $1.90 is probably a good yearly average for 2004, but $1.60 is better for 2003 (and lower before that). Using your all highway numbers you'd need a fuel price of around $1.65 to get a 40k breakeven point. (Diesel fuel prices show similar trends.) So the figure cited in the article imay not be far off using 2003 or earlier prices for fuel. Obviously as the price of fuel increases the value of fuel efficiencies increases as well.

If the discrepency is due to using out of date data then it's bad reporting (and lack of understanding of how to use data), not bad math.

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 01:29PM

[Q]Gabe Heafitz 98 04 Wrote:

RichH wrote:
[/Q]
Continuing off-topic discussion...

Rich, let's just say that I heartily disagree with you. The Oakland Athletics' fan base is downright pathetic, and a great deal of those who do show up for games show no class whatsoever. [/q]
Fair enough, but I was speaking specifically of that one section with the drum guys and flags, not the entire fan base. Just like the RF bleachers at Yankee Stadium have a completely different fan experience than sitting anywhere else in that building, same goes for the other places I mentioned. In another section of the Oakland Coliseum, I saw a fan throw a battery at Shawon Dunston, and I have my own opinion of the Oakland fans, in general. If I were talking about overall fan-bases, then obviously Boston, Philly, et al. would be on the list.

I stand corrected on the Japanese games, as I've never been to a game. I just judge by what I see/hear on TV. All the others, I have had first-hand experiences.

This weekend's games
Posted by: Steve M (---.fluor.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 03:05PM

Well for as good as a fan base as we have at Cornell, no one seems to have much to say, either here or on USCHO, about this weekend's big games against Dartmouth and Vermont. I haven't seen Ari's column either. Isn't anyone pumped up for the first games at Lynah in over a month, against two very good teams no less? Are the students back from winter break yet? I sure wish I could be there this weekend.

Re: This weekend's games
Date: January 20, 2005 03:45PM

Fraternity and Sorority rush is taking place this week. Classes resume next week.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 04:15PM

I'm a little worried about turnout this weekend. You never know, but there's definitely a good number of people up here. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see which scares me for such an enormously important weekend.

Let's Go Red

Date: January 20, 2005 05:16PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:

Fraternity and Sorority rush is taking place this week. Classes resume next week.[/q]

I have wondered for the last few years whether any on the students try to make their season tickets available so that they could make a few dollars and so that alumni could could buy them. This type of session break ticket exchange could be worth looking into.

I hope I remember to bring it up in '06.

Date: January 20, 2005 05:22PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

One can think of Albany as a pleasant enough .... Meanwhile do some good there.

[/q]

The greatest good would be an expose concerning a certain D-1 program that since 1994 has had a competent assistant coach masquerading as a head coach. RIP.

Date: January 20, 2005 05:37PM

If there are games at the end of rush like there are this weekend, some fraternities group their pool of tickets to take rushees to the games for a last minute push. For the students not involved in rush, the games come after add/drop so I would suspect most students will be back on campus. I don't think you have to worry about turn out...but it is a hectic week for students involved in rush so this large population won't be involved in the build up to the games.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.epsy.uconn.edu)
Date: January 20, 2005 06:01PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:
Obviously as the price of fuel increases the value of fuel efficiencies increases as well.

If the discrepency is due to using out of date data then it's bad reporting (and lack of understanding of how to use data), not bad math.
[/q]

True, except that if you reread my original post, you'll see they stipulated $2/gallon, not me, so who knows...

Date: January 20, 2005 06:03PM

[Q]Steve M Wrote:
no one seems to have much to say, either here or on USCHO, about this weekend's big games against Dartmouth and Vermont. I haven't seen Ari's column either. [/q]

Without comment, there can be no woofing.... :-)

Date: January 20, 2005 06:15PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

jeh25 Wrote:
Anyway, unless they made some really wierd ass assumptions, I just don't see how they arrived at 40k miles. You can't drive more than 100% highway. And if they made wierd ass nonintuitive assumptions, they should have told us so.[/Q]
If maintenance costs were higher with the diesel, it would push out the breakeven point.[/q]

It would indeed. I can't speak to that directly. All I know is that my Jetta gets a $6 filter and $22 of full synthetic Delvac 1 every 10k miles per OEM instructions. Not exactly a wallet buster.

Date: January 20, 2005 06:44PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

Al DeFlorio Wrote:

jeh25 Wrote:
Anyway, unless they made some really wierd ass assumptions, I just don't see how they arrived at 40k miles. You can't drive more than 100% highway. And if they made wierd ass nonintuitive assumptions, they should have told us so.[/Q]
If maintenance costs were higher with the diesel, it would push out the breakeven point.[/Q]
It would indeed. I can't speak to that directly. All I know is that my Jetta gets a $6 filter and $22 of full synthetic Delvac 1 every 10k miles per OEM instructions. Not exactly a wallet buster.[/q]
I don't know either. I'm told diesels require "less maintenance," but that term could not be applied to any Benz I ever owned. uhoh

Some of the German manufacturers give--or used to give--free maintenance up to so many tens-of-thousands miles.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: January 20, 2005 06:51PM

thread drift is a wonderful thing yark

Date: January 20, 2005 07:21PM

[q]True, except that if you reread my original post, you'll see they stipulated $2/gallon, not me, so who knows... [/q]Ah, I missed that - I wrongly assumed it was your number. OK, I'm more inclined to agree that this is a math error now. Or else they used some widely disparate mileage figures.

The thread can stop drifting this way now :-)

Date: January 20, 2005 08:27PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

The thread can stop drifting this way now :-) [/q]

Just a final thought to wrap it and bring it back to the journalism accuracy angle so we can stop drifting before Doyle yarks.

We've ruled out fuel cost assumptions. We've ruled out city/highway mix. And upkeep cost angle seems rather unlikely given Al's scuttlebutt, my experience and the fact the nothing was mentioned in the article.

So this means that the guys at the WSJ either:
a) used non EPA numbers, which they should have told us, or
b) can't do simple math.

Either way, the clue by four is in order.

fin

Posted by: Steve M (4.29.49.---)
Date: January 20, 2005 10:40PM

Hey, at least I tried to get the thread back on Cornell hockey. help

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login