Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Going to Union/RPI?

Posted by Killer 
Going to Union/RPI?
Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: January 10, 2005 03:07PM

Who's heading to the Albany area this coming weekend for the Uinion and RPI games?

I haven't made any decision yet, and it might be tough sell for my wife, but it's something to consider. And I hate having the memory of the Harvard game as my last in-person experience until the playoffs.

I seem to recall having no problem getting tix last year. Anyone know if that's to be expected this year as well?

Re: Going to Union/RPI?
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 04:01PM

Just got 6 tickets for Union and 4 for RPI...not sure how many are left...Union charges a $2 premium for Clarkson, RPI, and (surprise) Cornell games so add that to the prices on the College Hockey Travel Guide.

Ice and snow sure as hell won't keep me from going to these games. It sounds like RPI is really struggling this year and Union is playing very well. We seem to always get up for RPI and get lackadaisical with Union...hopefully playing Union on Friday will help us play big for the big game but at the same time, we don't have the Saturday let down for RPI...they have played us tough recently even though we've won four straight.

Be prepared for that (edit: sorry, poor choice of a descriptor) woman that wears the Union jersey and hat with the annoying cowbell at Union. Another edit, she was "seen" by the Albany Times Union...

[albany2go.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2005 07:06PM by atb9.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 07:40PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:

...she was "seen" by the Albany Times Union...[/q]

Stupid facetimer. :-D

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 07:46PM

I'll be there.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 10, 2005 08:42PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:
Be prepared for that (edit: sorry, poor choice of a descriptor) woman that wears the Union jersey and hat with the annoying cowbell at Union. Another edit, she was "seen" by the Albany Times Union...[/q]

That's a man, baby! :-O

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 10, 2005 09:38PM

And shout "can" during the banner at Union...

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 10:16PM

[Q]Chris '03 Wrote:

And shout "can" during the banner at Union...[/q]

as well as "see."

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2005 11:09PM

Anybody wanna drive me up from NYC? I'd rather not have to bum a car from my folks two weekends in a row. worry

Posted by: Jennings '01 (---.nisk.k12.ny.us)
Date: January 13, 2005 02:28PM

The CALS Alumni group for the Capital District already sold 169 tickets for the Union game in sections 1,2!!! Not counting the regular Cornell section fans in section 5. If you haven't got tickets make sure to get these sections or close to them to sit with your fellow fans.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: January 13, 2005 07:14PM

Well, maybe if anyone ever answered the phone at their ticket office I could...

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: January 13, 2005 07:35PM

[Q]atb9 Wrote:

Be prepared for that (edit: sorry, poor choice of a descriptor) woman that wears the Union jersey and hat with the annoying cowbell at Union. Another edit, she was "seen" by the Albany Times Union...[/q]

Was that the same he/she/it that was in front of us last year?

As I mentioned in the other thread, the only cheer Union fans are capable of it "Let's go U". Except they never say it themselves, they only say "U" over "Red" in "Let's go Red", cuz lord knows saying all three words is too much for them.

Date: January 13, 2005 07:50PM

yeah, no kidding...and when you do get through to Union, the lady is an absolute b*^@#

Date: January 13, 2005 07:51PM

oh yeah, that's the one! twitch

Date: January 13, 2005 08:54PM

Is there any confirmation it's a woman? I thought it was a guy. screwy

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 13, 2005 10:49PM

i'm considering heading to RPI, any word on tickets?

-mike

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 12:10AM

There were plenty left at the Cornell office when I went on Wednesday. They rarely sell out at RPI.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 12:37AM

The cornell ticket office sent them back to rpi today. I called today and they told me that tickets would be available gametime if you just showed up....I'll be there with a friend

Date: January 14, 2005 01:00AM

I thought you were kidding... laugh yeah, it's a woman

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 01:11AM

jacob,

i think i (and others, including todd) learned our lesson when we just showed up at last year's colgate game after the office claimed there'd be tickets. i'll call RIP tomorrow and get tickets in the CU section then. looking fwd to attending another game, and seeing everyone there.

mike

Date: January 14, 2005 04:42AM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

jacob,

i think i (and others, including todd) learned our lesson when we just showed up at last year's colgate game after the office claimed there'd be tickets. i'll call RIP tomorrow and get tickets in the CU section then. looking fwd to attending another game, and seeing everyone there.

mike[/q]

Granted I think that's more a function of the size of Colgate overall and the size of their rink. Before last year their team sucked so there wasn't anyone there really, but last year since they were in 1st most of their students suddenly realized that they had a hockey team. (Plus they didnt allow to order ahead less than a few days before.)

While I'm not famililar with Union, their team would have to be pretty amazing for the rink to fill, and RPI has a huge rink as-is, even with the large fan base. But calling/ordering ahead never hurts.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 05:27AM

If she was rude to you, might there have been a reason? worry

She has always taken my order just as requested. I called her this week and she promptly called back and did her job.

Now the RIP ticket office is another matter altogether. They are the laziest jerks....

Date: January 14, 2005 05:39AM

RIP only sells out once a year. They designate a game each season as the "Big Red Freakout" and the fans must mistakenly think Cornell is in town as the tickets are gone in a flash. ;-) (This years Freakout is coming up in a few weeks.)

[www.augenblick.org]

Amazing what a bunch of screaming fans can do to ignite a team. They apparently haven't lost a Freakout since 1990! They trailed I think 3-0 in 2002 and pulled out an OT win against a team that they consider their arch rival.

There won't be any trouble finding tickets. And you may be able to sit at center ice as a lot of season ticket holders have been AWOL for most of the games this year. There team has been pathetic and if they don't wake up before Saturday, the game could be very one sided.

Date: January 14, 2005 05:41AM

Union does sometimes sell out. Typically against RIP. Sometimes it comes close to selling out versus Cornell. I would call!

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: January 14, 2005 10:56AM

Reasonably good chance we're going to RPI, though not certain yet. Just called their box office and was assured there would be tix. I know one always has to take that kind of info with a grain of salt, but given their record this year, I'm inclined to trust the folks who've posted that it won't be a problem getting in.

Hope to see the gang tomorrow.

LGR!!

Killer

I have cheap ones for ya
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 11:40AM

And they're good. Can get them to you at Union if you're going there. Email me a phone number.

timvinciguerra@hotmail.com

Posted by: RichH (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 12:54PM

[Q]marty Wrote:

RIP only sells out once a year. They designate a game each season as the "Big Red Freakout" and the fans must mistakenly think Cornell is in town as the tickets are gone in a flash. (This years Freakout is coming up in a few weeks.)

Amazing what a bunch of screaming fans can do to ignite a team. They apparently haven't lost a Freakout since 1990! They trailed I think 3-0 in 2002 and pulled out an OT win against a team that they consider their arch rival.[/q]
One of my favorite things to tease RPI fans about...it's only OK to show up, sell out your rink, and cheer loudly for your team for one game a year. And only when the administration says so. Kinda embarrassing, if you ask me.

As far as tickets, Houston has 3,000 more seats than Starr. RPI is having a terrible year...even when they had good teams in the mid-90s, there were plenty of seats to be had. You won't have any difficulty buying tickets at the door. Union, on the other hand is having a good year, and the capacity is only 2500. Wouldn't be a bad idea to call ahead.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2005 12:57PM by RichH.

Re: Signs for Union/RPI
Date: January 14, 2005 01:16PM

Anyone have some sign ideas?

I'll probably make a "D-III hockey" sign for Union and a "RIP hockey" sign for RPI...

I thought of another RPI sign..."McKee: The lone Texas Star"

If we lose at Union or RPI the condescending signs might come back to haunt me...maybe I'll get some serious cowbell in my face from the Union fan.

Is it true that RPI only has one recruit thus far for next year? Yikes. [members.aol.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2005 02:03PM by atb9.

Posted by: jy3 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 14, 2005 04:24PM

hi guys

it is much colder here than in orlando :) just got back
getting ready to leave yo schenectady. we will be there for onion but not RIP - jets
game + father in law 50 yr bday tomorrow. cya all 2nite. no one will likely be checking this, but maybe see some of ya at pinhead susan's before the game?

LGR!

Date: January 14, 2005 10:20PM

Unless I was mistaken last year, the Union shemale we've all been mentioning wore a Beal jersey, so it has gotta be pissed about Beal blowing the OT! LGR!

Date: January 15, 2005 09:46AM

From USCHO, it's sounds like some RPI fans are choosing the Jets over the Engineers...I feel for them.

Date: January 15, 2005 04:19PM

I'm heading to the Notty Pine for Jets and pregaming...see ya there or at the game!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login