Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Ride to NYC/Newark after Lynah East?

Posted by jtwcornell91 
Ride to NYC/Newark after Lynah East?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (81.254.138.---)
Date: December 14, 2004 04:35PM

Is anyone driving back to or through the NY area from the game at Harvard? I need to catch a plane in Newark around 6pm that Sunday, and would be happy to contribute to the gas and/or driving.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Ride to NYC/Newark after Lynah East?
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 14, 2004 05:49PM

Apropos of this request, what is the ride board now? Way back, it was a physical posting (ie paper) in the Straight. Is there now an eRideBoard? That should make it easier to meet a wider variety of perverts in the guise of good samaritans without ever leaving your dorm room.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 14, 2004 06:37PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Is anyone driving back to or through the NY area from the game at Harvard? I need to catch a plane in Newark around 6pm that Sunday, and would be happy to contribute to the gas and/or driving.[/q]

Micaela and I just found out she doesn't have call that weekend. Thus, we are looking for 2 tickets at this late date.

Assuming we find tickets, I can offer you a ride from Boston to a Metro North stop of your choice in CT (read New Haven or Waterbury). From NY, you can take NJ transit to Newark International. I assume you can find better, but in case you don't, I'll make the offer.

Hmm. Actually, now that I think of it, Amtrak has a stop at Newark International. (John checks amtrak.com) Yup. 2hrs and $39 will get you from New Haven to Newark International. Hell, $69 will get you from Back Bay to Newark.

Ain't intermodal transport grand...

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 14, 2004 06:56PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Apropos of this request, what is the ride board now? Way back, it was a physical posting (ie paper) in the Straight. Is there now an eRideBoard? That should make it easier to meet a wider variety of perverts in the guise of good samaritans without ever leaving your dorm room. [/q]

You mean this? [cuinfo.cornell.edu]

I designed the original version of electronic rideboard database in the summer of '98 while working for Chris Manly. It has clearly been tweaked here and there but it looks like roughly the same basic design I came up with. Gotta love the truly shady map I made with a postscript file I found on the magneto-optical drive of a dusty Nextcube in the basement of Stocking Hall.

Dude. Now I feel old.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.unibe.ch)
Date: December 22, 2004 10:47AM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote:

jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Is anyone driving back to or through the NY area from the game at Harvard? I need to catch a plane in Newark around 6pm that Sunday, and would be happy to contribute to the gas and/or driving.[/Q]
Micaela and I just found out she doesn't have call that weekend. Thus, we are looking for 2 tickets at this late date.

Assuming we find tickets, I can offer you a ride from Boston to a Metro North stop of your choice in CT (read New Haven or Waterbury). From NY, you can take NJ transit to Newark International. I assume you can find better, but in case you don't, I'll make the offer.

Hmm. Actually, now that I think of it, Amtrak has a stop at Newark International. (John checks amtrak.com) Yup. 2hrs and $39 will get you from New Haven to Newark International. Hell, $69 will get you from Back Bay to Newark.

Ain't intermodal transport grand...[/q]

Newark is the closest to the European ideal of having a long- and short-distance train station in the airport (see Geneva, Zurich, Frankfurt, Hannover, etc). And actually I usually take the $11 NJT train to Penn Station. (NJT runs more often and is cheaper, so if you're taking a different Amtrak line, which I usually am, there's not much point in taking Amtrak.)

So anyway, New Haven is the best offer I've had so far, thanks.

But really, someone must be going back to NYC or through New Jersey, right?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 01:20PM

I am going back to new jersey, but its not my car and i'm not sure if we are actually going back sunday yet. I think we were planning on staying in boston until monday, but if we are going back sunday i'll let you know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login