Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Everblades Tourney

Posted by CW406 
Everblades Tourney
Posted by: CW406 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 09, 2004 01:37PM

Hi, I'm a CU freshman and am new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the details of the Everblades tournament later this month. I am from central Florida and would thus be interested in driving down to see the games, but I can't seem to find any details regarding the specifics of the tournament. All I can find are past results, etc. Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Everblades Tourney
Posted by: rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: December 09, 2004 02:02PM

The games are played at the germain arena (nee teco arena)
[www.tecoarena.com]

It is a very nice rink to see a game in. Tickets are not hard to come by, but i'm not sure on the price. The link above will have more info on tix and may connect you to ticket scalper (oops, ticket master). My tickets have been found in my stocking christmas morning (mr and mrs claus, aka my parents live five minutes from the rink...).

the arena is located right off I-75 in Estero, the town just south of fort myers (and before bonita springs). It is in the same plaza as a outlet mall, so very easy to find.

this year the games are on dec 28th/29th. Bc-cornell and maine-st.cloud. game times are 4:00 and 7:30pm but i don't know off-hand what time cornell plays. I'll be there for all 4 games, so it doesn't much matter to me.

quite a few cornellians are there and it is some great hockey!

Let's go Red!
Rita

Posted by: CW406 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 09, 2004 03:11PM

Thanks very much Rita! That's just what I was looking for.

Posted by: Kaaren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 03:16PM

As a followup to your last post Rita, can you recommend a decent rather inexpensive hotel/motel within a 30 mile radius of the arena?

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2004 03:30PM

If you look for tickets online it might indicate a sellout (and it was announced as such last year) but last year there seemed to be ~1,000 seats available the first day (nobody sitting in them) and a bit more the second b/c of the fans who didn't come for the consolation.

Date: December 09, 2004 05:42PM

ah, as my mother says, "it's *season*" down there. meaning that traffic on rte 41 gets backed up quite frequently due to the snowbirds from up north (and don't want to drive on I-75), and all the hotels, restaurants get busy because this is when they make their $$$$.

my family hasn't driven me *that* crazy to search out a hotel. If you want to stay on beach (either fort myers, bonita or naples) you will pay $$. but if scenery is not a priority, there is a best western on US 41 in south fort myers/san carlos park. that is about 10 min or so to the arena. there are also several hotel by the fort myers airport (RSW), again about 10-20 min to the rink.

there are also several hotels in bonita springs on us rte 41 (i recall a holiday inn and/ or hampton inn). on the map, that should be a 15 min drive, but rte 41 has many of the restaurants/strip malls, is 2-3 lanes in each direction and has a traffic light every 1/2 mile (or so it seems).

sorry i don't have more info on rates, but i would just call around and check the web (expedia etc.).
rita

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.icsincorporated.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 07:46PM

I went looking for game times and found conflicting information.

USCHO lists the Cornell-BC game as 4pm.

[www.uscho.com]
[www.uscho.com]

Both the Cornell and BC websites list the game time as 7pm.

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]
[bceagles.collegesports.com]

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2004 08:03PM

Here's a question... Will 870 AM be broadcasting the games from Florida? Here's another question, one much less likely to get an affirmative answer.... Are there any people in Salt Lake City reading this who have CSTV who want to have me and my girlfriend over?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 08:13PM

Or on that note, is someone in the nyc area gonna watch the game ;-)

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 08:36PM

Yes, WHCU 870khz will be broadcasting both CU games

Posted by: atb9 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2004 08:51PM

It wouldn't be the first time USCHO has screwed up the game times...remember Michigan State?

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.nrockv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2004 09:47PM

Getting a place in DC to watch the games would be great as well! :-)

Date: December 09, 2004 09:54PM

Same thing as last year: USCHO, individual schools, CSTV all seemed to list different times. That was a concern when we went last year b/c it's one thing to take in-laws to a 4pm faceoff and another to a 7pm faceoff. I think if you check each college's individual web site and if 3 of the 4 agree as to who's first and who's second, that's the likely starting time.

Date: December 09, 2004 11:15PM

and the arena staff doesn't know either!! for the past couple of years, the box office staff at teco couldn't tell me game times for the match-ups until the day before. very frustrating.
rita

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: December 10, 2004 01:32AM

If you're looking to stay someplace where there's fun stuff to do after the games, I recommend trying to find something in downtown Fort Myers. Not the absolute cheapest you'll find, but certainly cheaper than the resorts on the beach, and walking distance to bars and the like.

Date: December 10, 2004 08:12AM

You might try sending an email to someone on the sports information staff and note that it has caused confusion in the past. Or contact / email the ticket office, since they ought to know what they're selling. The best solution and the one I may have copped to last year in a moment of desperation was contacting Sue Detzer, who I think is general manager of the hockey program despite her not having such a lofty title. If you do contact Sue, that would have the unfortunate aspect of repeating what happens in the business world - more work gets pushed off onto people who know what they're doing.

Or just show up for both games.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 10, 2004 12:27PM

[q]Or just show up for both games.[/q]Well, that's the definitely the right answer if you're going to travel down to Florida to watch hockey. But for those of us who have to find a sports bar willing to put college hockey on the other game is a slightly lower priority. :-)

Posted by: Beeeej (---.rapiddevelopers.com)
Date: December 10, 2004 12:40PM

Ditto Atlanta.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 10, 2004 01:47PM

What the hell, how about people in Ithaca getting together to watch the game? :-D

Posted by: The Rancor (---.clarityconnect.com)
Date: December 10, 2004 02:33PM

in years past at the ithaca sports club (or bomb shelter or whatever its cdalled these days) but the new Benchwarmers is quite nice... lots of new tv's

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 10, 2004 02:56PM

[Q]The Rancor Wrote:

in years past at the ithaca sports club (or bomb shelter or whatever its cdalled these days) but the new Benchwarmers is quite nice... lots of new tv's
[/q]

I really like Benchwarmers, but lots of small new tv's. Not the ideal for hockey and following the puck. Oh well, go for the hockey, stay for the wings, burgers, sandwhiches, and beer.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: December 10, 2004 04:12PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

If you're looking to stay someplace where there's fun stuff to do after the games, I recommend trying to find something in downtown Fort Myers. Not the absolute cheapest you'll find, but certainly cheaper than the resorts on the beach, and walking distance to bars and the like.[/q]

Same. Stayed in Fort Myers when I went a couple years back. I forget exactly what it was...something cheap a la Comfort Inn.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 14, 2004 05:10PM

Not sure if it has been stated elsewhere but the USCHO tv and Cornell team pages now list the Cornell-BC game as 7:30
[www.uscho.com]
[www.uscho.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login