Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

all DirecTVers - Chicago (Baby!) @ Utah (LeNeveu)

Posted by DeltaOne81 
all DirecTVers - Chicago (Baby!) @ Utah (LeNeveu)
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2004 09:16PM

Any DirecTV SportsPack people out there, DirecTV has recently added Altitude Sports (Denver), on channel 644...

and they're currently showing the Chicago Wolves @ Utah Grizzlies (AHL), with our (ex-)own David LeNevue in net for Utah

Thought you'd want to know :)

Edit: How could I have forgotten about Bâby... shame on me :)
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2004 09:30PM by DeltaOne81.

Re: all DirecTVers - Chicago (Baby!) @ Utah (LeNeveu)
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: December 01, 2004 12:23AM

Unfortunately I had to go out tonight, but does Altitude have a lot of Grizzlies games? I'm tempted to complain about how I used to live a half-hour's drive from the E Center and now they have two Cornellian goalies. But I guess I should zip it since I could always drive to Biloxi and watch Underhill play. (And I got to see Eddy Skazyk in Corpus Christi.)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: December 01, 2004 09:37AM

Well, apparently Altitude is barely 3 months old, so their website doesn't have a ton of information ( www.altitude.tv ). However, I did find the marvelously informative page: [www.theahl.com]

I believe that "Comcast Cable (CHI)" is different than "Comcast SportsNet (CHI)", so it doesn't look like we'll get tonight's game. In fact, unless things change, I don't see anymore televised Utah games beyond local cable lineups. Oh well.

Altitude *did* have an ad for the Shreeveport Mudbugs vs. the Colorado Springs Golden Eagles this Friday - of the CHL (Central Hockey League). That might be worth recording - who knows when else I can see a CHL game. Although it conflicts with BC/BU... ooo, but the repeat doesn't ;)

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 01, 2004 12:48PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Well, apparently Altitude is barely 3 months old, so their website doesn't have a ton of information ( www.altitude.tv ). However, I did find the marvelously informative page:

I believe that "Comcast Cable (CHI)" is different than "Comcast SportsNet (CHI)", so it doesn't look like we'll get tonight's game. In fact, unless things change, I don't see anymore televised Utah games beyond local cable lineups. Oh well.

Altitude *did* have an ad for the Shreeveport Mudbugs vs. the Colorado Springs Golden Eagles this Friday - of the CHL (Central Hockey League). That might be worth recording - who knows when else I can see a CHL game. Although it conflicts with BC/BU... ooo, but the repeat doesn't [/q]
In case anyone else didn't know, the Mudbug's roster includes both Travis Bell ( 15 GP, 0 g , 4 a, +4, 22 PIM) and Shane Palahicky, though he hasn't played (injured?).

LeNeveu wins, Baby scored
Posted by: jkahn (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2004 11:41PM

The Grizzlies, with Lenny in goal, beat the Wolves 4-3 tonight. Bâby scored early in the third from close rage, going high glove side, to give the Wolves a 3-2 lead at the time. It was his only shot of the game. Lenny had 26 saves.

As Delta One presumed, Comcast Cable (Chi) is different than Comcast Sportsnet (Chi). The former is a local cable access channel and the latter is a new Chicago sports channel, which started about five weeks ago.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: December 02, 2004 03:41AM

So Bâby scored on Lenny? That's sorta cool in an odd way. Sorta like the Red-White game.

Posted by: mayhem (---.sw.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 03, 2004 02:11PM

Did anyone ever score on Lenny during his two Red/White games?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 03, 2004 03:16PM

[Q]mayhem Wrote:

Did anyone ever score on Lenny during his two Red/White games?[/q]

He was in goal my freshman year, and while I don't remember the numbers, I do remember there being points scored on both sides during the Red/White game--so the short answer is yeah, probably. Of course this year and last year they made a habit of switching out goaltenders, so I could be slightly mistaken.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 03, 2004 03:50PM

[Q]Section A Banshee Wrote:

mayhem Wrote:

Did anyone ever score on Lenny during his two Red/White games?[/Q]
He was in goal my freshman year, and while I don't remember the numbers, I do remember there being points scored on both sides during the Red/White game--so the short answer is yeah, probably. Of course this year and last year they made a habit of switching out goaltenders, so I could be slightly mistaken.[/q]

I don't know about his sophomore year, but his freshman year, there were effectively only two goalies, Underhill and LeNeveu. I believe Marr was sorta the #3 guy, but he sat out most/all of the year due to his transfer status.

Re: LeNeveu wins, Baby scored
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 05, 2004 12:42AM

[Q]jkahn Wrote:
As Delta One presumed, Comcast Cable (Chi) is different than Comcast Sportsnet (Chi). The former is a local cable access channel and the latter is a new Chicago sports channel, which started about five weeks ago.[/q]
I think its pretty cool that there have been a swing of new Regional Sports Networks starting up... whether its a coincidence, or something behind it, its neat. Beyond that, its even better that DirecTV cares enough to carry them weeks after their start. 4 new channels since I signed up for the SportsPack (and signed up for DirecTV) in August is a nice bonus.

I still don't get why Turner South, an RSN I think, refuses to be carried anywhere but the south, no matter the package. Guess there are some licensing issues or something. Or just a business decision (though I don't get why). Not that I'd watch it a ton, but we get FSN South, FSN Florida, and Sunshine Network (Florida).
Note: okay, so maybe its not a sports channel, but its right in the middle of the 600s so i would think it was

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nycmny83.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: December 05, 2004 10:18AM

If you get the Sunshine Network, then you get former ESPNNews anchor and fellow VBRie Whit Watson '93. You can read his weekly columns, by the way, at [www.sunshinenetwork.com] .

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2004 11:26AM

Sports and sex are easy to sell and they're cheap programming (outside of key pro sports). The satellite companies may as well use all their available bandwidth.

Good point about wondering why no Turner South outside the south. Satellite (and to some extent cable) makes it possible to be a Seahawks fan in Miami, or a Florida State fan in Nebraska.

And we've got, at least for home games, those webcasts.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2004 03:06PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
Satellite (and to some extent cable) makes it possible to be a Seahawks fan in Miami[/q]
Possible, but not cheap.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2004 12:12AM

If by Seahawks, you meant Seattle, then not really. Unfortunately major league sports black out their programming out of market, so if you want MLB, NHL, NFA, NBA games out of market (maybe MLS, etc too), then you have to pay for the $150 - $300 season package for that sport. For college sports however, and minor leagues, you'll get it from all around, which rocks :) (when and if the game is on tv, of course)
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2004 09:10AM by DeltaOne81.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login