Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Jessiman Out Indefinitely

Posted by Jeff Hopkins '82 
Jessiman Out Indefinitely
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 08, 2004 12:15PM

Just out on USCHO...

"Dartmouth forward Hugh Jessiman, a first-round draft pick of the New York Rangers in 2003, will be out indefinitely with an ankle injury. Jessiman told the New York Post that his ligaments are either strained or torn, and that he doesn't expect to be back "any time soon."

Ouch.

Re: Jessiman Out Indefinitely
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2004 12:20PM

The New York Post follows Jessiman's ankle?

Still, too bad that anyone gets hurt. He was good for Ivy and ECAC - sorry, ECACHL - hockey.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.yw.yu.edu)
Date: November 08, 2004 12:32PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

The New York Post follows Jessiman's ankle?

Still, too bad that anyone gets hurt. He was good for Ivy and ECAC - sorry, ECACHL - hockey. [/q]
The New York Post follows Rangers first-round draft picks.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.rapiddevelopers.com)
Date: November 08, 2004 12:33PM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:
billhoward Wrote:
The New York Post follows Jessiman's ankle?[/q]
The New York Post follows Rangers first-round draft picks.
[/q]
Especially when that's about all there is of the NHL to cover right now.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2004 12:33PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2004 01:59PM

Especially when college hockey is the most exciting thing going for the Rangers organization right now. Oh the life of a Ranger fan...thank God for Cornell hockey.

As far as I can tell this can only be bad. As a Ranger fan, clearly, I hope this isn't career threatening. As a Faithful, Jessiman has been as effective against the Red as Sucks fans in Lynah, so we needn't be worried there. Unfortunately, now Dartmouth is even worse for schedule strength purposes, as it appears he'll not be ready to go for their non-conference run throughout December. Oh well.

Posted by: atb9 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2004 02:28PM

Tough luck for the ECACHL and Dartmouth. I was really looking forward to taunting him in late January and now I can only hope that I will get the opportunity. Man, he's a lot of fun to watch and to cheer against.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.icsincorporated.com)
Date: November 11, 2004 09:34AM

According to USCHO, this might be a season ending injury.

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2004 10:50AM

Uh no...thank God for Clarkson hockey, despite the dreadful start and NJ high school hockey too for this Ranger fan.

Jessiman is overrated in the minds of many, another questionable pick by Sather. I sa whim play in Albany in March...well, I tried to watch him. He was practically invisible. :-D

Jessiman Likely Out For Season
Posted by: ben03 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2004 11:54AM

New lead stroy on USCHO ... have at it:

[www.uscho.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2004 11:58AM by ben03.

Date: November 11, 2004 08:18PM

Over the past year there have been a bunch of posts by people who've seen Jessiman play a couple times and most say he's overrated. Really? Or is this sour grapes because he didn't matriculate here?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2004 08:32PM

He was quite the goon last year in Lynah. Gave the crowd the finger as he left the ice. I've seen him play at least twice and he hasn't stood out at all. However, I was watching the wolfpack game today and the announcers said they had watched him play and they were impressed by his play. They know better than I do.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.danicacomputing.com)
Date: November 11, 2004 08:53PM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

He was quite the goon last year in Lynah. Gave the crowd the finger as he left the ice. I've seen him play at least twice and he hasn't stood out at all. However, I was watching the wolfpack game today and the announcers said they had watched him play and they were impressed by his play. They know better than I do.[/q]

One of the most overrated players I have ever seen. Dartmouth will still finish top 4 in the ECACHL without him. He has no edge to his game. The fact that the Rangers drafted him made him even more overrated, much like every other prospect in their system.

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 11, 2004 09:00PM

No sour grapes here. Definitely overrated. I'm not at all concerned that he didn't go to Clarkson, I'd bet we were never in the mix for him, being a Connecticut kid. Oops, Chris Clark is from CT but he's cut from a different bolt of cloth than "Huge Speciman".

I watched him in Albany with my coach's eye...lol. I was amazed at his lackadaisical play. How can you play so soft with an ECAC title and NCAA bid on the line? Stempniak was by far the better player that night and from folks I talked to in Albany, was by far more impressive all season as a more complete, hard-working player.

Interesting...what did the Rangers' scouts see in him? rolleyes

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.danicacomputing.com)
Date: November 11, 2004 10:38PM

[Q]RichS Wrote:

No sour grapes here. Definitely overrated. I'm not at all concerned that he didn't go to Clarkson, I'd bet we were never in the mix for him, being a Connecticut kid. Oops, Chris Clark is from CT but he's cut from a different bolt of cloth than "Huge Speciman".

I watched him in Albany with my coach's eye...lol. I was amazed at his lackadaisical play. How can you play so soft with an ECAC title and NCAA bid on the line? Stempniak was by far the better player that night and from folks I talked to in Albany, was by far more impressive all season as a more complete, hard-working player.

Interesting...what did the Rangers' scouts see in him? [/q]

3 NHLers from the state of Connecticut: Chris Clark, Chris Drury, and alum of my high school, Eric Boguniecki.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 11, 2004 10:42PM

Don't forget Brian Leetch (listed as born is Texas, but raised and played HS hockey in Ct)

Posted by: Steve M (---.fluor.com)
Date: November 11, 2004 10:46PM

I really hate seeing players get seriously hurt, especially those that arguably could be great. I can't see how Jessiman's injury helps Dartmouth and the ECAC. Regardless of how much heart he may or may not have, he has put the puck in the net quite a few times.

What's cool though, is that people are using the "sour grapes" metaphor correctly in this thread. :-P Maybe it's not dying after all.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 11, 2004 11:16PM

[Q]Steve Marciniec Wrote:
What's cool though, is that people are using the "sour grapes" metaphor correctly in this thread. Maybe it's not dying after all.[/q]
Somewhere, Aesop is smiling. :-)

Date: November 12, 2004 08:08AM

Wait, what is the *wrong* way to use "sour grapes"? You can't reach something beyond your grasp, so you say they're probably no good anyhow. That's it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login