Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Jersey auction question

Posted by Rick '71 
Jersey auction question
Posted by: Rick '71 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2004 11:25PM

The 'official" site said jersey bidders would get an email Thursday night from Sue Detzer with the high bid for the jersey they were bidding on. Did any bidder get that email? (Obviously, I didn't...)

Re: Jersey auction question
Posted by: ithacat (---.tmodns.net)
Date: November 05, 2004 01:17AM

I haven't as of 1:18am...

Posted by: Rick '71 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2004 06:35AM

Got my note from Sue at 2:20 a.m. Now that's dedication!

Posted by: profudge (129.33.1.---)
Date: November 05, 2004 07:30AM

Mine was 2:25 AM wow

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 05, 2004 08:21AM

3:02 AM =]

Hope she's getting overtime.

Posted by: Rick '71 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: November 05, 2004 08:45AM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:

3:02 AM

Hope she's getting overtime.[/q]

If not, then she ought to be talking to Pete Tufford (jersey #9) about labor law violations!
:-}

Date: November 06, 2004 10:53AM

Imagine my suprise when I find the bid on the jersey I initially was interested in was $1,000.00 !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2004 10:53AM by profudge.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2004 11:02AM

At the game she said that Tymchyshyn himself bid on his own jersey, for $1000.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2004 12:03PM

I think she was actually saying that carefoot bid on it.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: November 06, 2004 12:52PM

[q] At the game she said that Tymchyshyn himself bid on his own jersey, for $1000.[/q]If I were Tymchyshyn and Cornell essentially said that I was the best player ever to wear my number I think I might over bid on that jersey too!

Date: November 06, 2004 01:09PM

Has anyone gotten the update we were supposed to get between 12 an 1?

Date: November 06, 2004 01:32PM

I haven't yet and it's 1:30 here

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2004 01:54PM

Me neither. I just emailed them back with a question. Terrible.

Date: November 06, 2004 02:15PM

Well, it's after 2, so I guess it's over. Did anyone receive an email to give a final silent bid, or was this another wonderful athletic dept event?

Date: November 06, 2004 02:36PM

Just got one for one of the jerseys I bid on. Final bids have to be in by 3:45.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2004 05:06PM

[Q]Jim Hyla Wrote:

Well, it's after 2, so I guess it's over. Did anyone receive an email to give a final silent bid, or was this another wonderful athletic dept event?[/q]

It's my understanding that the athletics department had nothing to do with this one. It was strictly a hockey initiative.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2004 05:30PM

Didn't they say the winner's would be announced at tonight's game?

Posted by: pace (---)
Date: November 06, 2004 09:47PM

Did anyone get their win by e-mail already?

Date: November 07, 2004 10:17AM

It was decided that it would take too long to read all the winners.

Date: November 07, 2004 10:42AM

I talked to Sue at the game and am hopeful that I got Lodboa. I asked her about getting a picture of the current player in jersey. I'd like that myself and wonder if others might also. If so, I'd be happy to pursue the idea with them, even if it meant waiting a little longer to get the jersey. If they did that they could hang the picture of this years player up we one of the former player. What does anyone else think?

Posted by: Facetimer (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 07, 2004 12:15PM

[Q]Rick '71 Wrote:

If not, then she ought to be talking to Pete Tufford (jersey #9) about labor law violations!
[/q]

:-D < --- Sarcastic laugh

Good one Rick '71. I didn't think you would be able to afford an auctioned jersey based on what Cornell pays you. Perhaps you should retire and try you luck as a comedian.

Posted by: Pace (---)
Date: November 07, 2004 04:23PM

I think that's a great idea. I finally got the e-mail, and I did win the jersey I wanted.

Date: November 07, 2004 04:52PM

Does anyone know if they email you if you lost?

Date: November 07, 2004 05:13PM

I'm pretty certain they only e-mail those who won. But I can't say that I know that for sure.

Posted by: Mikeee (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 07, 2004 05:16PM

Who's jersey did everyone buy, I placed a bid on Norton's Jersey

Date: November 07, 2004 05:49PM

I got LeNeveau's jersey. :-)

Date: November 07, 2004 05:52PM

Baikie for me. Honestly, more got it for the Downs/23 factor.

Date: November 07, 2004 06:06PM

On that note I guess I lose. Now my question is, is the info in the faq about purchasing game worn jerseys still accurate? I emailed the address in there a few weeks ago and never got a response.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 07, 2004 06:06PM

What did you guys end up paying for your jerseys?

Date: November 07, 2004 06:08PM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

On that note I guess I lose. Now my question is, is the info in the faq about purchasing game worn jerseys still accurate? I emailed the address in there a few weeks ago and never got a response.[/q]

You can just go to the Teagle issue room yourself and buy one there in person. That's what I did. I'm guessing they're open normal business hours (M-F 9-5).

Date: November 07, 2004 06:12PM

Btw, I noticed that the styling on these jerseys was very different from both the home and away jerseys. Are these one of a kind in styling, or were they made to look like old Cornell jerseys?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2004 08:11PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Jacob '06 Wrote:

On that note I guess I lose. Now my question is, is the info in the faq about purchasing game worn jerseys still accurate? I emailed the address in there a few weeks ago and never got a response.[/Q]
You can just go to the Teagle issue room yourself and buy one there in person. That's what I did. I'm guessing they're open normal business hours (M-F 9-5).[/q]

You're much better off doing it in person. The guy is very slow to respond to emails.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2004 08:43PM

If you want a Cornell hockey jersey cheap (relatively) they're $80 at

[www.homegrownsportinggoods.com]

Note the claim that the "Cornell University Big Red Hockey Jersey by Koronis is an exact replica of the school's on ice jersey!" does not specify what decade's jerseys they're exact replicas of. 1980s maybe? The arched "Cornell" across the front is smaller than what I believe is on Cornell jerseys. If so, why not spend the extra $20 (which goes to Cornell) and get the real thing at Teagle.

Date: November 07, 2004 08:58PM

I agree. If you can, get the genuine worn article. There's nothing quite like putting on a jersey that you know has seen real action on the ice. I have Chris Abbott's red away jersey from the 2002-2003 season. It has black scuff marks on the front and little tears/holes that have been sewn up. It's awesome.

Posted by: pman78 (---.truenorth.com)
Date: November 07, 2004 10:43PM

Hi All
I'm new to this forum so be gentle. my name is peter shier and i played at Cornell from 74-78. I was lucky enough to have my name on a jersey last week (#5) to be auctioned off this weekend. Unfortunately, i missed the fact that the auction was closing Sat aft and missed the opportunity to buy my jersey. Dang.
Wondering, if in your travels, you get wind of the person who bought #5, somehow i could connect with him/her and have a word. Maybe we can work something out. I was going to buy it for one of my kids as a keepsake.
If nothing happens so be it, but it would be a cool thing to have for sure...
Many thanks-- have to say, trying to keep up with the Big Red is a lot easier with a site like this....keep it going, you guys continue to be the best sports fans on the planet!
Keep your stick on the ice....
pns

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2004 10:47PM

Peter:

Welcome to the forum. Don't get too many players here. Glad to see you here and it was great to watch you play!!! E-mail Sue Detzer at the hockey office sld6@cornell.edu. She is the coordinator the auction and knows of all the auction winners.

Larry '72

Posted by: pman78 (---.cpe.net.cable.roger)
Date: November 07, 2004 10:59PM

thnx larry-
have already sent her something but haven't heard. not surprised; sounds like she was up til the wee hrs on fri and sat.
thnx again for your reply. will try to keep chipping in once in a while. like i said it's a great way to stay connected...
pns

Posted by: lhayes (---.clsphila.org)
Date: November 08, 2004 10:59AM

Have to add my two cents to Peter Shier: I started following Cornell hockey in about 1974, at age 12. I learned about slap shots from watching you, and I've never seen any Cornell player better at them since -- as I mentioned to my husband the other day when we saw your name on that jersey. You helped me develop a lifelong passion for CU hockey, and I'm grateful! I wish you all the best.

Come to think of it, I may still have your autograph somewhere in my basement.

I totally agree this site is wonderful for those of us in the Cornell hockey diaspora. Thanks again, Age.

Louise Hayes
Cornell '83

Posted by: ugarte (66.28.14.---)
Date: November 08, 2004 11:06AM

[Q]jmh30 Wrote:

Will Wrote:

Jacob '06 Wrote:

On that note I guess I lose. Now my question is, is the info in the faq about purchasing game worn jerseys still accurate? I emailed the address in there a few weeks ago and never got a response.[/Q]
You can just go to the Teagle issue room yourself and buy one there in person. That's what I did. I'm guessing they're open normal business hours (M-F 9-5).[/Q]
You're much better off doing it in person. The guy is very slow to respond to emails.[/q]
He got back to me quickly enough. Particularly if you are coming to Ithaca from out of town like I was, I'd say send an email (though I no longer have the address). Mr. Issue Room (someone please save me and give his name) is great about sending a list of available jerseys by number and h/a and setting aside the jersey you request.

Posted by: pman78 (209.5.106.---)
Date: November 08, 2004 11:12AM

*blushing*
wow--- thank you for your kind words....makes me feel old though!
pns

Posted by: A-19 (---.harvard.edu)
Date: November 08, 2004 11:51AM

bill reynolds is the teagle issue room guy, and he has been pretty helpful everytime we got a game-worn jersey

in addition, PSP Unlimited by Wegman's is pretty good with putting names on the back in a reasonable time.

Date: November 08, 2004 01:22PM

Any chance you'd want to teach that slap shot to a couple of our current blue-liners? Only kidding, but seriously, I'd like to see a few more screens set up in front for some blasts from the point. Why not add another dimension to this seemingly potent offense?

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2004 05:18PM

Sometimes the memory plays tricks, but I can still picture John Stornik diving out of the way as Peter Shier wound up for a slapshot (I'm going to say 1978). I don't think too many wanted to do much screening when Pete was firing from the point.

Wht a power play that was and boy did Cornell score goals that year. I think there were five or six guys over 20 and we must have had a half a dozen games or more in double figures.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login