Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Red White game

Posted by The Rancor 
Red White game
Posted by: The Rancor (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 05:05PM

Not nearly as exciting as I would have liked.
The team is big this season, bigger than any I can remember seeing. They seemed slow and as usual they didn’t take very many shots. All three goalies looked good and I was more impressed by the 5 nameless players who I can only assume are on the practice squad. best mullet since Jager. WOW. Speaking of mullets... looks like Iggulden and Moulson have lost theirs in the off-season. moulson did make a nice move on the shootout. Hyphen, hyphenless, was un impressive I’d have to say. Its really too bad they don’t start official practice sooner because they look like they could use a little more time to develop some team chemistry. could be a rocky year or it could be killer.

Re: Red White game
Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 06:25PM

Where was Glover, is he injured again?:-(

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 06:36PM

Having only played in 3 total games last season ... McLeod looked particularly quick/light on his feet last night. I'm excited to see how he progresses as the season goes on ... thinking he could become quite a solid impact player this year.

just my $.02 :-)

Posted by: nice (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 09:14PM

Also freshman raymond sawada looked very impressive and i am looking for him to put up big numbers as a freshman. Also Shane Hynes looked a lot faster and has an unbeleivably hard shot i think he will be one of cornell's leading scorer's.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 09:42PM

[Q]The Rancor Wrote:

Hyphen, hyphenless, was un impressive I’d have to say.
[/q]

I wouldn't say that. I thought he was an excellent puckhandler. Who knows, he might be the next Stephen Bâby.

Posted by: nice (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 09:55PM

who are u talking about sawada? he is much better than stephen baby he was a second round draft pick he will put up much bigger numbers than baby did. He is faster he was one of the fastest players in the bchl (proven in the all star game) he is much stronger on his feet and a much stronger player. Also he has better hands and is as or more physical as baby. After the first game you will agree.

Date: October 17, 2004 10:42PM

I was actually talking about Pokulok.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.danicacomputing.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 11:40PM

I liked Pokuluk a lot actually. He made good decisions with the puck and being paired with Cook almost exclusively the whole night, he did not look out of place. His size is tremendous but needs to fill out. His foot speed most definitely needs improving.
I also noticed McLeod. He had seven shots on goal which was, by far, more than any other player on either side. He has clearly worked on his foot speed and his size is still there. I would very much like to see him on the fourth line as I think he would fit the role well (certainly better than McCutcheon).
Sawada has considerable upside, in the range of Hynes and O'Byrne, at the top of the upside chain on the team.
Liked Krantz a lot. Reminded me of Mark McRae. He showed good offensive instincts jumping into the play and into open seams a fair amount for a freshman.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2004 12:38AM by calgARI '07.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2004 12:22AM

anyone else like the move Cook pulled in the shootout ... ?!? wow

Date: October 18, 2004 01:20AM

Cook and Moulson both pulled off impressive moves in the shootout.

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: October 18, 2004 01:40AM

1. nobody will be the next stephen baby! irreplacable!!

2. cook pulls a similar move in all the shootouts he has. not being at the RW game, i assume it was the same one. those who remember last year's penalty shot should recall it too

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cust.telepacific.net)
Date: October 18, 2004 01:42AM

anyone else like the move Cook pulled in the shootout ... ?!? [/q]

I forget who made the move last year, but I remember there was a pretty sick move or two in the shootout. I think one of them may have been the Abbotts.

Cook had a sick move against Vermont last year on a penalty shot. Compeletly had the goalie beat, but the sieve miraculous got stuck his stick in the air and deflected it away. So Charlie's definitely seems to have some individual playmaking ability.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: October 18, 2004 01:42AM

Isn't it kinda dangerous to end a Cornell intrasquad game with a shootout? I mean, with our track record on penalty shots, they could have been there all night. help

BTW, did we ever work out when was the last time we scored on a penalty shot in a game? It's got to be 15+ years ago...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: October 18, 2004 01:51AM

I'd have to respectfully disagree... all he did was hold the puck and play with it at the blue line, with no resulting movement... or quality shots. there seems to be some hesitation on his part, as well as the rest of the big red to pull the trigger. saw a lot of this last season too. another .02

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2004 09:32AM

I'm pretty sure the team ends every practice with penalty shots. I remember they did on that open practice they had 2 years ago when they gave away the frozen four tickets.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.lmf.net)
Date: October 18, 2004 12:26PM

(wishing that he could have been there)

What did people think of Davenport?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.msc.cornell.edu)
Date: October 18, 2004 12:32PM

I was pretty unimpressed, he seemed to be a little slow going side to side on a couple plays, and a little unsure on his feet. Some of this could've been because they've only been on the ice for 1 day. I'm sure he'll get some time on friday and we'll get a better idea.

Date: October 18, 2004 12:33PM

hard to tell, as none of the goalies were seriously tested. biggest pads of any goalie i've seen in a while. made some nice saves in the shoot out as did Chabot... who is the real #2 is the question. the CHA newsletter quoted the Coach as saying that Troy and David would be battling for starting duties, but somehow I doubt that.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (128.84.198.---)
Date: October 18, 2004 12:49PM

There is no question in my mind that Chabot is #3. I expect Davenport to push McKee and perhaps even split time with him.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 18, 2004 02:37PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Isn't it kinda dangerous to end a Cornell intrasquad game with a shootout? I mean, with our track record on penalty shots, they could have been there all night.

BTW, did we ever work out when was the last time we scored on a penalty shot in a game? It's got to be 15+ years ago...[/q]\

Good thought.

Good question - what is the answer? And how many penalty shots has Cornell taken and missed since the last time we scored one?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: October 18, 2004 02:41PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
Good question - what is the answer? And how many penalty shots has Cornell taken and missed since the last time we scored one?
[/q]
Lemon, Moynihan, and Cook are the three that come to mind.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.danicacomputing.com)
Date: October 18, 2004 02:53PM

I was only 5 years old when Lemon missed his, but I remember it very closely. I cried for days after he missed that. It was his birthday. Rough times at the Garden.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2004 05:52PM

Yes Ari did!! He was sitting on my lap!!! Strange to think about it now.

Larry '72

Date: October 18, 2004 06:44PM

[Q]Larry72 Wrote:

Yes Ari did!! He was sitting on my lap!!! Strange to think about it now.

Larry '72[/q]

I think it'd be stranger if you were the one crying on his lap, Larry. :-P

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.oracorp.com)
Date: October 19, 2004 12:56PM

Last successful Cornell penalty shot -- I think we have to go back to Joe Nieuwendyk's last weekend at Lynah in '87, don't we?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login